Over at Ranker.com, they have put together another list about Juggalos, as they seem to really be fascinated with us. This time, the article tells us “The Untold Truths About Juggalos: What It Really Means To Be ‘Down With The Clown’.” Don’t worry though, the article mainly focuses on the positive aspects about being a Juggalo, and talks about the Juggalo March and our case against the FBI.
There are some familiar faces in the article including my homies the SCRUBS! Check the intro portion below:
Fans of the Detroit rap-duo known as the Insane Clown Posse are infamous for their elaborate clown makeup and their rowdy behavior at concerts. Known as Juggalos and Juggalettes, these people have managed to build an entire community around a single band, and that community has developed a rather poor reputation among mainstream Americans. In 2011, Juggalos were officially designated as a “loosely-organized hybrid gang” by the FBI, further solidifying their unsavory rep. Because of their overwhelmingly negative portrayal in the media, a lot of Juggalos feel like their eccentric family is being misrepresented.
The truth about Juggalos is that they are nowhere near as psychopathic as their musical tastes and clown makeup suggests. They are people like anyone else, and they’ve managed to foster a community of love and family that is seemingly invisible to most outsiders. Every year, they come together to celebrate the Gathering of the Juggalos, a music festival centered around ICP and the Juggalo lifestyle. To some they may seem scary, but most people have no firsthand experience and are unable to judge what Juggalos are really like.
The reality is that being a Juggalo or a Juggalette goes beyond ICP, it’s a family that looks to create lasting bonds within the community and celebrate weirdness in all forms. It’s about homies, relationships, and building a support system for people who have been treated like outcasts for their entire lives. Being down with the clown means being a part of something larger than yourself, and the vast majority of Juggalos and Juggalettes are just people looking to have a good time without the fear of society’s judgement.
The article then details the following subjects:
- For Many Juggalos, The Culture Is Like Having A Surrogate Family
- The Juggalo Culture Saves Lives
- There Is A Juggalette Feminist Movement: Lette’s Respect
- The Community Accepts People From All Walks Of Life
- ICP Themselves Are Actually Devout Christians
- Juggalos Organized A March On Washington In Response To Their FBI Gang Designation
- Many People Expected The Juggalo Protest To Turn Violent, But They Proved The Doubters Wrong
- Juggalos Are Often Persecuted For Their Affiliation With ICP
- Even ICP Themselves Are Dealing With The FBI Blowback
- The ACLU Is Helping Juggalos Clear Their Name
- Juggalos Have A Complicated Relationship With The Law
- The Entire Community Has Been Made Accountable For The Actions Of A Small Minority
You can see the full story here: https://www.ranker.com/list/the-untold-truth-about-juggalos/eric-vega