April 24, 2024
47 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
2018 Meetup Massacre T-Shirt Design Thread
February 23, 2018
7:18 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

May have a solution. Called a source and youtubed it so im feeling pretty good about it. Tie dyeing CAN be done over a screen printed shirt. If its agreed upon, i could see white shirts being given out and there to be an official tie dye station. Ck44 and some others can have a solid white shirt, others can design with colors they choose. Possibly wanting more than one to leave some white and design others differently. 

What is the sum of:
10 + 7

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

February 23, 2018
7:42 pm
Neverthrive
Neverthrive
Members
Forum Posts: 864

Drunkalo said
Were kind of on the same page. Just talking out loud is all...  After googling some things ive seen the basic bird on the guitar, 3 day music fest, woodstock symbol. Kinda picturing a hatchetman on a guitar, or the bird with clown paint, but were not a guitar group. Clown on a big hatchet, wont have the nostalgic feel. Too many changes leads to misinterpretation. Peace, love and rock and roll, dont know if a hatchetman goes well with the words peace and love, even tho it does go extremely well with the words peace and love. Ive seen multiple vw symbols and im kinda seeing Violent J's new JL as a close resemblance. But its not going to be an eye catching symbol on a Volkswagen or a little yellow bus. I could see a simple lava lamp with a few small bubbles and a larger slightly misshapen hatchetman sipping a soda... Thoughts feelings?   

I was thinking something like this if we're gonna spoof the bird on the guitar. 
Image Enlarger

Whoop Whoop Neverthrive :

Drunkalo, scruffy, bayAreaShaman

daisies2-4.jpg

February 23, 2018
7:51 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

I think this year we should only have one color, not multiples...one things mushrooms teach you is not to be greedy and to live a more simple life.

Peace luv and fuck that hill

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

bayAreaShaman
February 23, 2018
7:54 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Neverthrive said

Image Enlarger

hey, nifty.  

i even like the bg 'shirt' color.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 23, 2018
8:00 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

Im agreeing to the one color. That color is white. Then its up to you to decide whether to simply leave it white or to tie dye over it. Thats all brother. I have jeans with black and white stripe that a black and white would go awesome with. But i also have a pair of OG jncos with yellow stripe and orange hem that yellow and orange would go with. Camo psychopathic shorts, brown, tan, black. I could buy 3 shirts and do each different. And ill throw in an extra $2 a piece for SCU. The mrs in into black, blue, grey. Pretty plain... Her shirt would def have to say @The Mrs.

February 23, 2018
8:12 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Neverthrive said

Image Enlarger

Thats cooool.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said
I think this year we should only have one color, not multiples...one things mushrooms teach you is not to be greedy and to live a more simple life.

I think the two color thing works out well for everyone.

Trust me onhow much some ppl just will not wear anything but black and would be very disappointed if only one option would be available.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

February 23, 2018
8:33 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

bayAreaShaman said

Thats cooool.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

I think the two color thing works out well for everyone.

Trust me onhow much some ppl just will not wear anything but black and would be very disappointed if only one option would be available.  

One thing about me is that i like to force people out of their comfort zones and explore the unimaginable 

February 23, 2018
8:43 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

Then we get the design on tie dyed burlap. Nobody will be in a comfort zone. Whoop whoop! Lmao

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, MASTERWEEDO

February 24, 2018
12:34 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

its not about comfort man just trust me.

February 24, 2018
1:28 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Ay, we're all just spitballin' here... Nothing getting shot down.

I just wanna put it out there that even though I was not involved in last year's Gathering or Meet-Ups, I wasn't really thrilled with last year's design... ONLY BECAUSE... the previous shirt (Gathering 17) with the "Butterfly Faygoman" on the front and the "Yellow Brick Alleyway" '17' on the back... made muthafuckers JEALOUS!

The fonts all worked on both sides, in multiple colors & sizes, the images were clean and RELEVANT (ok there was that thing with some of the letters but...) ...an' people were hittin' us up to BUY THEM!

Neverthrive really hit that one out of the fuckin' ballpark, imo.

Coming back to Legend Valley... I think this year's shirt should reprazent! With all the shit that's gone down since the last time we were there, I think we gotta 'show up'!

Personally, replace the crow (which is from The Wraith) with Flip, The Rat. Maybe come up with an image where Flip is "hidden" in the image somehow... maybe in a way that can only be seen from either up close or from far away (like the butterflies in the 17 one).

I'd also try to match fonts relative to what they will end up using for the Gathering promo materials. Hippie shit? Hippie Flip?

I LOVE the idea of JERSEYS but there's gotta be a SOLID image on the front [or back] (preferably in the form of a Faygoluvers.net Faygoman-type design) and the stuff on the sleeves and back need to look like it's all supposed to go together and "mean something"... whatever that might mean in the end.

Like I said, that Butterfly Faygoman shirt design is the one to beat this year, imo. Start from there.

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Carnivalkilla44, Psyral, scruffy

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

February 24, 2018
3:45 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

Just imagine juice...

U know theres alot things about hippie and woodstock that has nothing to do with drugs..

February 24, 2018
5:23 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

Make juggalos, not beliebers

Instead of...make love not war

February 24, 2018
6:05 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

Take drugs and join gangs!

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
February 27, 2018
1:38 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

so where we at with this?  

neverthrives shit?  cuz i know i like it.  could also see the flip thing that cheshyr was talkin about.  

or, the more i think about it, the more tye dye makes sense.  so, theres that.  

i really dont know what to make of the jersey proposal.  except that i spose id likely wanna buy one, i guess.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 27, 2018
4:36 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

Instead of tye dye, how bout a faygoman fractal.

February 27, 2018
6:13 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

scruffy said
so where we at with this?  
neverthrives shit?  cuz i know i like it.  could also see the flip thing that cheshyr was talkin about.  
or, the more i think about it, the more tye dye makes sense.  so, theres that.  
i really dont know what to make of the jersey proposal.  except that i spose id likely wanna buy one, i guess.    

Im digging neverthrives design, but my opinion is its lacking a little something. Dont know what the something is tho. Maybe just some words will do the trick. Cheshyr may have it, how about if the bird/hatchet is done on a large flip the rat image.

Im stoked to be part of the jersey club however that works, but i think those should be members exclusives.

February 27, 2018
7:25 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

Actually you all are doing well, time wise, compared to previous years. Just don't let the time slip away. @scuffy came up with the shirt idea years ago when the Meet-up Massacres were only just a few people and never really brought the community together in mass. That was back in the HogRock days. It has grown to be something big. The Faygoluvers village has become a thing too. I think it started as the "Pigg Pin" or "Pigg Trap" or something like that the first year of Legend Valley and it has grown since then. Now it is evolving to possibly include games or other "sponsored" events. I personally go to the Gathering to vacation and not to work so even though I have made some suggestions towards that, I am not a huge fan of that evolution. ... Not that anyone should give what I say any thought since I never stay at the village and rarely, if ever, visit it. 

Main point: You all have started early with this. Don't lose momentum and evolve the designs. Post more pictures and ideas, even hand drawings with crayon on a napkin. The various faygoluver's artists can always "jazz" it up.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
February 27, 2018
1:45 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Okay, so...

I think we've established the two minds of thought operating here between JERSEYS and T-Shirts.

My 2:

Jerseys:

I agree with the emotion that "FL Jerseys" should be Pre-Order/Forum Exclusives... with the thought in mind that the convo to follow would be something like:

"Hey! Where'd you pick up that DOPE Faygoluvers Jersey?!"

"Oh it's a Faygoluvers.net Forum Members thing".

"Yeah? An' how much does it cost to be a Faygoluvers.net Forum Member"?

"Nothin'."

"So you mean, all I had to do to get this BOMB-ASS, Jugga-lovin', one of a kind JERSEY was to have been a member of the FLH Forum in time for the pre-order and then actually PAY for it AT The Gathering?!"

"Yup.    Suck to be you."

[and maybe an extra jab at anyone talking shit about the design that year not having been a member to have said so]

When it comes to the thought of JERSEYS, I think of the Faygoman on the front, a number and/or name under the neckline an' some shit on the sleeves (or lack thereof for basketballz).

Having thought about it, I think Neverthrive's Woodstock '94 imagery is a great place to start.

IOW, I "get" that inference (and it's a subliminal one) which I always like when choosing t-shirt stuff. I don't like wearing "direct references" to shit. Like, the only "Simpsons" shirt I still own is a Japanese advertisement for "Mr. Sparkle"!

I think a Woodstock '94 mock-up with 'Flip, the Rat' replacing the Dove would be PERFECT on a Jersey sleeve! Maybe with a number of a few stripes underneath.

Honestly, I know we've all seemed to have embraced "Flip" but for all we know, until the album comes out, we could be thinking of it totally wrong... pfft...

Now.. whether it's on the front or the back, the JERSEYS need to display the Faygoman prominently while leaving alone the basic Hatchetman part and only playing around with what is displayed within the 2-Liter in the Faygoman's other hand. imo

I would refer you to the "Year of the Juggalo" shirt with the "gears n' shit"... That was cool  too (even though none of the fonts matched well). Meaning, we can put pictures of things within the 'wireframe' of the Faygoman image (kinda like the Hatchetman with all the Joker's Cards inside it) and make it look like the Faygo 2-Liter has "somethin' in it"... 'er whatever...

Hell, how 'bout we put an extra offer out there that if you ACTUALLY get a jersey from our "Village" there'll be a mafka there with some iron-on shit to put your name under the collar (just pay a separate fee)?

Meet-Up Massacre T-Shirts:

Whereas my thinking about the Jerseys not being overt advertisements might play, when it comes to the "Meet-Up" shirts, I think they should be more FOR that purpose... while at the same time still being "Mr. Sparkle" about it... Gnome sayin'?

At Gathering 17, I bought THREE shirts of different colors JUST SO I COULD cut one of them up to wear during the day!

Clean clothes without sleeves!

And no one that was there can't talk on the ninjas that were waiting in the wings for the "unclaimed" shirts... regardless of size!

Honestly, that GotJ 17 shirt was as close as we got to making something that looked like those Faygoluvers bomb jerseys... and that's why it caught people. Only without the sleeves and the name plates.

The Meet-Up shirts should mirror this year's Jerseys we come up with but not in any way that "diminishes" the other beyond the notion of someone thinking, "Well shit!... I wish I knew about your Forum before I wasn't able to get this kickass jersey... but if you got another one of those T-Shirts dot dot dot...)"

...and by that, I mean...  unlike a NASCAR Driver or some Vegas Boxer, I would NOT like to have an internet address printed on my clothing. There's gotta be a way to promote without being... a whore with a tattoo of their pimp's name on their neck... ya dig?

Creative Sidebar:

There's plenty of imaginative ways to "horrify" the 'hippy' notion of this year's Gathering.

There's a treasure trove of 60's/70's/80's imagery of the FAKE "horrors" of the "hippie movement"... From the urban myth of the tripping sitter and the baby in the oven thinking it was the turkey she was tasked to cook... to the movie "The Last House On The Left" (the ORIGINAL where they made a girl piss herself before they "killed" her)...

If anything, I think FLH's Faygoman is the key. Keep the Hatchetman parts and make our 2-liter "weird" somehow...

Shit... look at how Tom Woods made Bozo, The Clown a fuckin' serial killer!

Admittedly, we only have the images of this new Card we have been given... but we got memories and imaginations too!

Come up with the JERSEYS and make the T-Shirts to match!

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

February 27, 2018
3:14 pm
Neverthrive
Neverthrive
Members
Forum Posts: 864

Still just a suggestion and still fairly rough, but I continue to work on this. 
Image Enlarger

Whoop Whoop Neverthrive :

Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

daisies2-4.jpg

February 27, 2018
3:21 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

Ya got my vote homie, now if we can all agree on a stonewash/faded shirt color im for sure sold!

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes, THC Edibles

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845