April 18, 2024
64 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
2018 Meetup Massacre T-Shirt Design Thread
March 14, 2018
10:45 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
121sp_Permalink sp_Print

bayAreaShaman said    
I dont plan on being at the village this year but i still want to do thia for yall.      

wait what...?  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, bayAreaShaman

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 15, 2018
4:45 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shaggy on a lotus...hmmm...

Shaggy smoking on a mushroom...and VJ as alice...i mean he already took the role of dorthy, why not alice

March 15, 2018
9:04 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151
123sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said
Shaggy on a lotus...hmmm...

Shaggy smoking on a mushroom...and VJ as alice...i mean he already took the role of dorthy, why not alice  

Naw lotus  

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

March 15, 2018
9:48 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

Agian more to hippie than just drugs. Eventually ur suppsed to be able reach these states with out drugs. Its the way. U cant buy enlightenment with 10 dollars. U can use it as a beginners tool.but at the end its for the monkeys and not for the devine. I also believe these plants arent just plants. They are ancient forces that reside inside. And forces isnt the word. U dont need a word. They should be respected. Not made into shirts and key chains. I mean they look beautiful and art is art and to each they own. But i believe its disrespectful to just flaunt and talk about them so ppl know what we do. It speaks volumes of our ego. The hole hippie aspect of the counter culture was supposed to be about consciousness and the death of the ego. Well to some. To some it was about cute blonde chicks with they tits out and drugs. Shamans dont even say these plants names out loud if they dont have to. This is just me. No im not pissed. No im not trying to tell u guys what to do. Im just speaking.

Heres the classic image i was talking about. Its the Buddha.

Image Enlarger

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

March 15, 2018
4:09 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
125sp_Permalink sp_Print

These plants and sacraments that get us "fucked up" have a reason for doing so...the only reason they give us "Divine Moments of Truth" is because their purpose is to keep us grounded. We have lost touch with our roots, and our roots put things in these plants to remind us where we come from, mostly because we are destroying where we come from...imma stop now before i make a huge rant, derailing the thread...

What you said bayAreaShaman is not wrong, but it is deeper than what you have discovered thus far. I know all about the stuff your ssaying, and you gotta understand that my suggestions are not coming from a drug aspect. All the "things" you percieve as drug related is an effect of what society as a whole named the "standard model" to be associated with said "things"...but at the root of mostly everything related with woodstock were created out of making a positive impact/change....society says drugs are bad, so they took their negatives on the situation and discredited it, and tricked all of society to demonize something great...and why did they do that,  cuz its human (society) nature to be non accepting of change, especially when they live life above the masses.

People didnt go to woodstock for the drugs, but thats all that gets portrayed from it...drugs only heightened an event that would of made a huge impact regardless...my suggestions come from my experience im having at the moment the thought was created, not drug induced...i came up with the alice idea cuz i was watching WOTH from gotj2016, not cuz i was thinking of drugs.

Shaman, we definitely need to sit down and chat one day face to face cuz im intrigued to hear how you came across the shamanic aspects of your being! Hopefully teaching eachother something fresh!

March 15, 2018
5:16 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
126sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said
These plants and sacraments that get us "fucked up" have a reason for doing so...the only reason they give us "Divine Moments of Truth" is because their purpose is to keep us grounded. We have lost touch with our roots, and our roots put things in these plants to remind us where we come from, mostly because we are destroying where we come from...imma stop now before i make a huge rant, derailing the thread...

What you said bayAreaShaman is not wrong, but it is deeper than what you have discovered thus far. I know all about the stuff your ssaying, and you gotta understand that my suggestions are not coming from a drug aspect. All the "things" you percieve as drug related is an effect of what society as a whole named the "standard model" to be associated with said "things"...but at the root of mostly everything related with woodstock were created out of making a positive impact/change....society says drugs are bad, so they took their negatives on the situation and discredited it, and tricked all of society to demonize something great...and why did they do that,  cuz its human (society) nature to be non accepting of change, especially when they live life above the masses.

People didnt go to woodstock for the drugs, but thats all that gets portrayed from it...drugs only heightened an event that would of made a huge impact regardless...my suggestions come from my experience im having at the moment the thought was created, not drug induced...i came up with the alice idea cuz i was watching WOTH from gotj2016, not cuz i was thinking of drugs.

Shaman, we definitely need to sit down and chat one day face to face cuz im intrigued to hear how you came across the shamanic aspects of your being! Hopefully teaching eachother something fresh!  

With all due respect u should not assume what othet ppl know and u misinterpreted alot what i said. And u should not think so highly of what u do know.

Like saying things like what i perceive as drugs is only what society made me think? Like no spooky im sorry u made ur own model in ur head of what ppl are. Like boxes or files in ur head u like to put ppl in.

But like i said u have no idea what I actually know spooky and by the sound of it u dont actually undwrstand my point.

And like putting a drug on a shirt doesnt make it a drug cuz we think society has demonized it?

Symbolism matters.

I know u feel threatened and defensive cuz u feel like this ur element. But u need to stop assuming u know what ppl are and who they are. Its not only disrespectful but arrogant. Im sorry if i pias u off but if i didnt give a fuck About u i woukd keep my mouth shut.

"What you said bayAreaShaman is not wrong, but it is deeper than what you have discovered thus far. I know all about the stuff your ssaying, "

Wtf do u know wtf i discovered? U think ur the only one who's tapped into what ur doing?

I know im ass and should be nicer how i talk so u can listen but shit spooky...

U sound like a shaman.

U know whats one of the reason i called myself shaman? Cuz ppl that call themselves shaman are liars amd have no idea what they are talking about. Im sorry but like man...

This isnt the first time i thought this.

Maybe i should have PMed this but oh well.

Look ur doing urself a big disfavor if u automatically go " i know what type of giy he is. He just doesnt understand" from all the mushrooms u take i would have thought u learned this now. I went through the same thing where i thought i had ppl figured out cuz of psychedelics and disassociatives. I kinda just repeated what i said but on top of that said u dont know enough. Ive been into meso American religious practices since birth bro! U think that makes me an expert? U think be being actually native makes me an authority? NOPE. Like sheesh. Even when i PMed u on that other shit u jist said that i fell for propaganda.

Look man im shaking my hands with this shirt shit. Yes ill still pay for it and like handle the counting.

No spooky u dont know all about what i was saying. Nobody does. Especially some dude from hayward or ohio. Yeah we cam study shit. U know what read this book and after ill sit down with u. Till them man ill jist be too much of a dick and have no patience.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Teachings_of_Don_Juan

Sorry for assuming anything about u. .

My bad again for doing this on here and to the forum. I hope u guys just keep going. I wont respond to this particular post or to anything involing this shirt if it doesnt actually having to do with u getting one.

Perception is the folly of man

March 15, 2018
7:54 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248
127sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hell with that homie. I need you on my side with the fucking bird and the hatchet. Get ur ass back here!

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

March 15, 2018
8:31 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
128sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just read what i posted and didnt mean to cone off like such an ass. Ill shoot u a pm. By bad.

Hope u guys come up with something cool.

March 16, 2018
1:55 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
129sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay, so... this is what yer gettin' cuz "fuck MSPaint with a mouse"...

Here's my janky mock-up of what I was talking/thinking about.

Of course, I can draw better version (not well enough to ACTUALLY use) and I got 'notes' on fonts and proportions and placements of stuff but...

Here:

Hope ya get the picture!

'~'=

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

March 16, 2018
3:56 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
130sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can dig this totally, could also use the stage black and white in the background. But id leave the words for the back. Leave the front basic to mock the original

March 17, 2018
4:51 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Cheshyr said
Okay, so... this is what yer gettin' cuz "fuck MSPaint with a mouse"...

Here's my janky mock-up of what I was talking/thinking about.

Of course, I can draw better version (not well enough to ACTUALLY use) and I got 'notes' on fonts and proportions and placements of stuff but...

Here:

Hope ya get the picture!

'~'=

Drunkalo said

I can dig this totally, could also use the stage black and white in the background. But id leave the words for the back. Leave the front basic to mock the original

I see what you're saying but this is my idea for the T-shirt and not the Jersey concept. The T-shirt kinda hasta have those words on the front.

I scrawled it quick but if it doesn't read well, the Sun is supposed to be a VJ & Shaggy splitface.

Maybe use a "hippie bubble font" for the words. Maybe throw on the hills that row of trees they light up different colors at night. Maybe put some kind of village or DCG looking set-up along the gravel road.

While I think the Woodstock '94 poster is a place to START... i never liked that image and thought it was pretty fuckin' lazy of them at the time... (as in the "geniuses" who came up with the original crap Woodstock poster)

The Dove was put on the neck of the guitar because it would look weird somehow sitting on the tuner pegs... with the Hatchet, the Crow should sit on the top of the blade and not the handle of the hatchet.

I used the red Sharpie on the hatchet but I'd wanna put a little trickle coming from the Crow's claws rather than dripping off the blade edge but still keep the wavy edging.

Of course the Hatchet would be larger and the dominant image so all the other bits would change as a result but generally fill (and overlap) that rectangular space in a similar way.

An' Flip can be stuck anywhere in the image AFTERwards...

Ya'll l'emme know if I'm barking up the wrong tree an' I'll shut down the Creation Station...

I'm just stormin' over here. Do or do not. There is no cry.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

March 17, 2018
8:25 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
132sp_Permalink sp_Print

uPvPMIPm.jpg

This is an actual picture of the front gate 2 yeas ago, minus the bird.

Still have some learning to do with the fancy photo shop thing, too many options...

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

March 24, 2018
12:36 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
133sp_Permalink sp_Print

Alright fam, im new to the forums thing so bare/bear with me. Is this normal for the design ideas thread to brainstorm like mad for a week, back off till its showtime, then we just go with the first idea again? Im a procrastinator but damn theres been nothing on this for a bit, as with a couple other (which i believe to be important) threads. Ill admit im a sheepalo and not the shepherd(alo), i work better with something to go off of even if its negative.

March 24, 2018
1:14 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
134sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said
Alright fam, im new to the forums thing so bare/bear with me. Is this normal for the design ideas thread to brainstorm like mad for a week, back off till its showtime, then we just go with the first idea again? Im a procrastinator but damn theres been nothing on this for a bit, as with a couple other (which i believe to be important) threads. Ill admit im a sheepalo and not the shepherd(alo), i work better with something to go off of even if its negative.  

I couldnt find the 2016 tshirt thread that i was looking for. I only found the "count" thread on it...anyways the 1st post on this link (@scruffy) has links highlighted in green that takes you to previous threads on tshirts.

https://faygoluvers.net/v5/foru.....acre-2016/

Now that i was searching around gotj threads, im bout to go back and reminisce on the 17th annual gotj threads!

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Drunkalo
March 29, 2018
6:40 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
135sp_Permalink sp_Print

The mrs and i went shopping the other day at Gabes, comperable to a tjmaxx. Was walking up and down the isles and a shirt really stood out to me. It was basically a bright yellow shirt with reflective tape looked like DOT worker clearance shirts. Any thoughts on that as being our color this year? Bright as hell with reflective tape... Stand out like whoa

March 29, 2018
8:20 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
136sp_Permalink sp_Print

I

Drunkalo said
uPvPMIPm.jpg

Still have some learning to do with the fancy photo shop thing, too many options...  

I could really get down with something like that. IMO, we should represent Legend Valley for being a place that welcomes juggalos with open arms. Especially after getting the bone with the venue last year and the LV owners saying come the fuck back!

And throw in Flip the Rat. 

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

Drunkalo
March 29, 2018
9:00 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

I kinda thought the same thing. Either this one or the stage/ferris wheel as a backdrop. I have a couple of those i could mess around with.

March 29, 2018
4:14 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110
138sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said
uPvPMIPm.jpg

Use a darker green or add dark bordering around the text if you want people to be able to read it. 

I would recommend figuring out what the complimentary color to which ever green you use to the grays in the image for balance but that's just the art nerd in me.

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

March 29, 2018
4:21 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
139sp_Permalink sp_Print

Any input is appreciated, thanks man! The girl is out tomorrow and saturday evening. Ill piss around a little and make the suggested changes. 

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

March 29, 2018
7:42 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
140sp_Permalink sp_Print

Whoopstock-"year of the floobs"

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
51 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845