December 11, 2018

AVClub Covers Violent J and Ruby’s Furry Convention Adventures

The fact that Violent J of the Insane Clown Posse had a family outing at a furry convention seems to have made news on a few different media outlets.  One of the better articles I’ve seen came from the AV Club. They don’t make fun of ICP or furries, but instead give J props for completely embracing something that makes his daughter Ruby happy.

Take a few minutes to check this article and the accompanying videos out, and don’t forget to follow Violent J’s new Instagram feed at @TheFakeViolentJ

From AVClub.com:

Spending time with family is what the holidays are all about. That’s the only explanation we have for why Insane Clown Posse’s Violent J joined his 12-year-old daughter at a furry convention this weekend, wearing his very own ICP-themed fursuit. That’s honestly and truly all we’ve got.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Violent J – The Duke (@thefakeviolentj) on

In celebration of his daughter Ruby Bruce Lee’s twelfth birthday, Violent J donned the fursona Kung Fu Joe—a martial arts trained wolf with facial fur resembling Juggalo face paint—and attended Midwest Fur Fest in Chicago. This also happened to be the weekend Violent J joined Instagram, so his account is now exclusively filled with photos and videos from the con. Regardless of what you may think about the furry lifestyle, the enthusiasm this man has for his daughter’s hobby is damn endearing.

View this post on Instagram

Furry gang!

A post shared by Violent J – The Duke (@thefakeviolentj) on

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Violent J – The Duke (@thefakeviolentj) on

Of course, this isn’t the first time Violent J has made his furry-association public. Earlier this year, he and his daughter posted a video to the ICP Facebook page in which they called out a disreputable online fursuit retailer for selling less-than-quality goods. If only all our fathers were willing to go to these lengths to make us happy.

We’re not sure of the crossover between Insane Clown Posse fans and furries, so there’s really no telling how Juggalos will respond to this new wrinkle in Violent J’s persona. But given that both groups enjoy dressing up in elaborate costumes and place a high value on loyalty within their community, we’re willing to bet there is at least some overlap in this Venn diagram.

Hopefully we get to see more stuff like this!  Much props to J and Sugar Slam for being awesome parents!

1. Drunkalo

Drunkalo

Comment posted on Thursday, December 6th, 2018 05:48 pm GMT -6 at 5:48 pm

A man connecting with his little girls interests. Thats why i love these guys. Their 100% real, at heart. The clowns we idolize are someone elses father, brother, friend. You cant get more legit than this community. Good vibes fam, sall goodman.

2. PutOutYourLight

PutOutYourLight

Comment posted on Thursday, December 6th, 2018 06:53 pm GMT -6 at 6:53 pm

This is honestly so cool. J doesn’t give a fuck what people think because his daughter thinks the world of her dad for being all in for her. A lot of people will scoff but be secretly jealous that their dad didn’t and they currebtly couldn’t do the same. Huge props. I hope this inspires parents.

3. PutOutYourLight

PutOutYourLight

Comment posted on Thursday, December 6th, 2018 06:53 pm GMT -6 at 6:53 pm

*currently

4. ElectroheadDante

ElectroheadDante

Comment posted on Thursday, December 6th, 2018 11:45 pm GMT -6 at 11:45 pm

I admit, I’m not one to be into this furry thing…prolly never will be, it’s just beyond me at this point and time at this age so I just don’t even bother with it at all. But seeing how he supports and wants to be a part of Ruby’s interests like that is quite beautiful to see indeed. I’ve seen some comments around that weren’t so kind to the topic..but you just have to keep in mind, dude’s got kids now, things have changed outwardly as far as priorities go. That being said, I do not doubt for one second, however the Violent J that we all know and love on the inside has not changed a single bit. Rock on. Good times.

5. SNAPZ

SNAPZ

Comment posted on Friday, December 7th, 2018 10:24 am GMT -6 at 10:24 am

Dont like all that furry shit but love how he involves himself with his kids so much and lets them be themselves.

6. ECJUGGALO

ECJUGGALO

Comment posted on Friday, December 7th, 2018 10:35 am GMT -6 at 10:35 am

Thats super dope!!! Its so fresh that Violent J shares these special moments with his daughter with us ninjas. Hopefully we will see more Bubblegum Orchid merch. My daughter loves her shirt!!! Thank you Violent J for sharing your family with tha fam. MMFWCL

7. Noawareness

Noawareness

Comment posted on Friday, December 7th, 2018 12:20 pm GMT -6 at 12:20 pm

I swear this Furry thing is super sexualized right? I might be wrong but I swear I read somewhere that they all fuck each other and get off on animals with human dicks and stuff. Feel free to correct me. I’m not claiming to KNOW anything. Super cool that hes being the dad he never had, to his kids though.

8. Cherryfuzz

Cherryfuzz

Comment posted on Friday, December 7th, 2018 03:15 pm GMT -6 at 3:15 pm

I think it’s only sexual for the certain people who are into that. I want a flip the rat furry costume now

9. Noawareness

Noawareness

Comment posted on Friday, December 7th, 2018 04:43 pm GMT -6 at 4:43 pm

Sounds hot…

10. Jor MF D

Jor MF D

Comment posted on Saturday, December 8th, 2018 06:03 pm GMT -6 at 6:03 pm

“Supporting every dream I got, you best believe man I dreamed a lot.”