The homies from BeneathDirt.com noticed that D-Loc took over the @thekottonmouthkings_ Instagram live feed to get some things off of his chest about the Kottonmouth Kings. It sounds like he may have been hearing some things from fans about artists who used to be a part of the group, so he decided to take to his socials to air it out.
Loc repeated himself a lot, saying that he and Richter are responsible for the Kings for 22 years and that they would continue the legacy. He spoke for over 20 minutes to the fans tuning in, and you can see it below.
I took some notes as D-Loc spoke, and like I said, he repeated himself multiple times. But here’s a brief rundown either way:
- Ripperside coming December 21st!
- 2019 marks the 22nd year he and Richter have been doing music together.
- Can’t forget about the past of the Kottonmouth Kings
- Everyone who supported KMK in the past should support it in the present.
- 2 out of the 3 original members are still a part of KMK.
- Those on social media saying that if _________ isn’t in the band, it’s not KMK, then they are wrong.
- Don’t point your fingers at D-Loc and Johnny Richter because the other guys are no longer in the band.
- Everybody should be thanking D-Loc and Johnny Richter for keeping the legacy alive, expanding the catalog, growing the legacy, and giving their lives for the Kottonmouth Kings
- Dedicated over 2 decades to this to make it as big as they could make it.
- He would hate for people to give up on KMK because Lou Dogg, Daddy X, Bobby B aren’t in the group
- If you’ve been down with something for so long, why would you turn your back on something you used to be so passionate about?
- This is the AFTERMATH of Suburban Noize Records. It’s not dead, it’s far from it!
- He doesn’t lose sleep over the shit talking.
- D-Loc and Richter gave a ton of artists opportunities with the KMK. Riding on the tour bus, never asking for anything in return. At some point KMK paid your bills.
- Nothing but respect to anyone who helped build the legacy of the KMK
- Shout out to Tech N9ne, ICP, Dogg Pound, Kurupt, Warren G, etc
- 2019 is the new era for the Kottonmouth Kings. We can’t take back the past.
- Support the new catalog and original music like you supported the past. Come to the shows, feel the love/vibes, and don’t be mad because they’re not in the band.
- Nobody in the industry will stop the KMK. D-Loc owns the intellectual properties of the Kottonmouth Kings.
- Spread the word and thank Richter and D-Loc for keeping it going
- D-Loc pats himself on the back for putting in 22 years and giving it his all
- Brand new record label is called Kingmaker Music