August 22, 2019

Hardtimes.net: 65 Percent of “Gathering of the Juggalos” Attendees Just VICE Reporters

So now that the Gathering of the Juggalos, also known this year as the Soopa Gathering, we all knew that there would be some sort of media attention. There always is, good and bad. If you have been to a Gathering within the last ten years you see all sorts of media there, inside our world and outside of it. This is something to be expected. Then there are the parody articles that come out that aren’t necessarily a dig, but just damn funny. Hardtimes.net put out this awesomely hilarious parody article about Vice News and the Gathering of the Juggalos

SPRINGVILLE, Ind.— Over half of the attendees at this year’s Gathering of the Juggalos came for the sole purpose of documenting the Juggalo subculture for VICE Media, according to an unofficial entry poll.

“I expected the sort of madhouse known for throwing feces at Tila Tequila, but it’s been way tamer,” said Tim Norrgren, a VICE reporter working on a piece titled, “We Asked People at the Gathering of the Juggalos What They Thought About Islamophobia” “So far, everyone I’ve approached turned out to be either a colleague or someone from the New York office. This place might as well be Burning Man.”

Some veteran Juggalos claim the influx of reporters has negatively affected the Gathering.

“This used to be such a nice festival,” said Juggalette Lucy “Trash” Lipinski. “Now? I can’t even draw a dick made out of hatchets on my daughter’s face without five assholes wanting to take pictures and make a 90-minute documentary about me.”

Other heavily face painted Insane Clown Posse fans were outraged at the high price of concessions at this year’s festival.

“Faygo is up to $1.17 per 2-liter!” said one Juggalo, known only as “Piss”  who claims to have attended each Gathering. “It’s those fucking reporters and their goddamned VICE money. I’ll be lucky if I can afford a site next year. Why can’t they just leave us alone?”

While many in the past have documented the Gathering with a mocking or derisive tone, some reporters wanted to prove they take their journalism seriously.

“I don’t know what kind of jokers you’ve been talking to, but I write for VICE,” warned field correspondent Alex Gutierrez. “VICE is here to report honestly on the Juggalo subculture, and their link to understanding the demise of the American middle class. Plus, I heard they got Ice Cube one year. I’d love to hang with him.”

Sources close to Gutierrez later reported he had gone “full native” by Saturday, taking a clown bride and announcing plans to release a full-length horrorcore album on Psychopathic Records.

1. the_deplorable_smack

the_supreme_smack

Comment posted on Thursday, August 1st, 2019 01:54 am GMT -5 at 1:54 am

I am only a vice “freelancer” OK?

2. MisterMime

MisterMime

Comment posted on Thursday, August 1st, 2019 01:26 pm GMT -5 at 1:26 pm

No cell service…
    Dude BURN those fuckin cameras because the more ninjas are passive about it, the more comfortable reporters will feel being there.
    Fuck, VJ said on Fuse ‘come on by, nobodys gonna hurt you.’ But your cameras and fuckin gear might. Its okay to get angry about these things, and its okay to make a stand and change the things you dont like. You just need balls and not give a fuck if people portray you as violent.

3. MisterMime

MisterMime

Comment posted on Thursday, August 1st, 2019 01:26 pm GMT -5 at 1:26 pm

As long as you arent randomly attackijg people, that is

4. Slumerican502

Slumerican502

Comment posted on Thursday, August 1st, 2019 02:41 pm GMT -5 at 2:41 pm

This article is straight bird feed. The juggalo they quote are named trash and piss.

Saying juggalo are mad because a already dirt cheap 2 liter went up a little bit, subtly hinting juggalo are poor.

I see what the fuck you are doing hard times.

Unless this is satire? Then I’m just a dumb ads and move along

5. Slumerican502

Slumerican502

Comment posted on Thursday, August 1st, 2019 02:44 pm GMT -5 at 2:44 pm

Yeah, I’m thinking this is satire now lol

6. MisterMime

MisterMime

Comment posted on Thursday, August 1st, 2019 05:02 pm GMT -5 at 5:02 pm

@slum not just that, i mean yeah that bullshit, but this Juggalo shit is supposed to be our shit, not for everyone to all of a sudden be down with the clown. Yeah its satire like all the fuckin SNL guys going to the Violent J solo tour out in Hollywood, painted up, standing in the corner laughing and yet somehow scared. I swear i saw the same fags at the Marvelous Missing Link tour and Daniel Tosh there as well.
    All im saying is, fuck a good rep if its to be invaded at GOTJ and laughed at like our shit is like another festival. The Feds let the heat off everyone so why tf is everyone on good behavior in fear of being labeled?
    Those cameras need to fuckin burn. Ninjas should be able to have fun, which we do, but without being harrassed and exposed.