March 28, 2024
51 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

HookUpSpot
Lucem's Retrospection of 2019.
January 7, 2020
7:13 am
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm going to give a brief review of albums I've heard from this year. Only ones that stand out. I haven't heard everything I intend tol listen to yet either so I'll be coming back to this.

First off is.

MB III by Moodie Black

a0546203247_10.jpgImage Enlarger

Moodie Black is an experimental hip hop collective mostly comprising of guitarist Sean Lindahl and transgender rapper/producer K. Death who is the driving force behind the music. Their music is noisy, industrial and really fucking dark.

This short, four song and 20 minute EP is, as most of their work, phenomenal. The loud and angry noise rap beats are greatly complimented by the harrowing delivery that K. Death gives as she raps lyrics that are just as abstract as the instrumentals. The subject matter is a nihilistic and bleak view of K. Death's life living in this modern age and political climate as a transgender person. Her rapping often times turns into tortured screams that try to out do the bellowing of Lindahl's guitar work. Her voice, ironically, is one of the most masculine voices in hip hop and is reminiscent of Komotose and Prozak's deep and raspy vocals.

Definitely recommend to anybody that's a fan of abstract and experimental hip hop or dark music in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9BnNL_ySA4

Whoop Whoop King Lucem Ferre :

bayAreaShaman, Pigg, Psyral
January 7, 2020
8:36 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

This is an actual thread I’m actually interested in and actually think it’s dope.

Besides me, you have the best musical taste on where anyways. ;)

that dark industrial shit sounds cool imma try it out today.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

King Lucem Ferre

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

January 7, 2020
10:47 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Fire. I’ve been trying to hear some cool gritty industrial hip hop shit.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

King Lucem Ferre

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

January 19, 2020
6:00 pm
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104

Reign of the Odious by Musmahhu

Image result for reign of the odious musmahhuImage Enlarger

Musmahhu is a Swedish death metal band created by two black metal artists; Likpredikaren on the vocals & Swartadauþuz On the guitars, the bass and the keyboards. This album uses a guest, Kevin Paradis, on the drums. The band is named after an ancient Mesopotamian beast that was a mixture of serpent, lion and bird.

This is a fantastic black metal death metal album that indulges in apocalyptic imagery and sinister guitars. Even though it's a death metal album it feels much more like a black metal album with the atmosphere and tone obviously drawing it's influence from both members' history in black metal. It feels more at home with bands like Thantifaxath or Nahtrunar than it does with bands like Death or Horrendous, though it could fit on both sides.  I would try to describe what makes it sound that way but my ignorance on technique and theory behind both genres would make it very insulting and disingenuous to people much more well versed in the metal scene. The guitar riffs are fast and intense with guttural growling vocals rumbling through the chaos. The melodies are ripped straight from a black metal handbook creating an ominous back drop to the lyrics that tell a loose story about occultists summoning demonic deities that shroud our world in darkness and suffering. The final track offers an escape from this new existence ruled by hell through suicide. I'd absolutely recommend this album to fans of both death or black metal.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
64 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

loppoxz, ketofxpriserfarenheter, morbidmikey, Promotionalows, Justinvam

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845