April 23, 2024
44 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

HookUpSpot
What are you doing?
July 14, 2021
5:30 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2461sp_Permalink sp_Print

Had a yard sale and got rid of about 80% of our belongings. Slung it all cheap, just to get rid of it. Pretty lucrative overall... now we are trying up loose ends with moving, all that red tape like usual. 

My wife got a transfer teaching job, so I am basing my work search around that area. And Holy fuck, there are so many jobs right now! I got an offer this morning, then had a phone interview with another, then I got another damn call back during that interview! Ten years ago, even five years ago, I wouldn't have believed it. I guess all those years of toiling at blue collar gigs actually amounted to something... the scrubs are in control now lol. I won't just have to get any job, I can actually choose which one I want. Bizarre/Bizaar. 

So I'm going to do a blue collar gig for around 7 to 9 months, then I'll start up my dispensary. Vermont is already legal medically and recreationally, but they won't have legal rec shops able to open up until October 2022. So I'm saving money til then. Anyone in the southeastern VT or western upstate NY area wants to work in the cannabis industry at some point, I'd be glad to talk with ya. 

This has been one of the best years of our lives. Hoping all of yours are going that way as well.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

Carnivalkilla44, jiggles the clown
July 21, 2021
12:40 pm
jiggles the clown
Members
Forum Posts: 1929
2462sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, after numerous set backs, delayed packages, packages getting lost, buying the wrong things, etc. I *finally* have everything I need and am starting to wire up my first arduino project. I'm taking it slow, because my work space is way too hot on a good day and soldering irons certainly don't fucking help that. But, I'm getting it done.

gonna have to do a few modifications, and I'm trying to make everything removable; I bought a bunch of JST connectors and some breakaway pins, so I'm taking advantage of those. the battery I'm using already has a 2 pin female JST, so I wired the charging module/boost converter with 2 breakaway pins and did the same for the arduino itself- arduino has the female JST, breakaway pins in the output of the charging module.

I've gotta cut away and resolder the cable for the servo motor because it's a little too long and just unwieldy. both the arduino and the bluetooth module I'm using have pins soldered into them so I'm going to frankenstein together a few female JST pins to plug both sides into those. although I could just solder them directly into the arduino pins. and then I gotta figure out what I want to do with the LED wiring. I might just throw some more JST female connectors onto the arduino and solder the ends of the LED wires to some more breakaway pins.

So, thats what I'm doing today. plus some podcast editing.

Whoop Whoop jiggles the clown :

Psyral

quote me to trigger a Canadian child molester

July 21, 2021
5:03 pm
jiggles the clown
Members
2463sp_Permalink sp_Print

View post on imgur.com

VTdX5RR.jpgImage Enlarger

I got it working.

MASTERWEEDO, Psyral, genocide_cutter

July 23, 2021
12:05 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
2464sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay okay, just hear me out..

.. a bootleg jersey and apparel store, where you can still play craps and just shoot general dice games...

Called..

"Merch & Dice"

Psyral
July 23, 2021
11:10 am
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717
2465sp_Permalink sp_Print

jiggles the clown said

View post on imgur.com

VTdX5RR.jpgImage Enlarger

I got it working.  

That is dope as fuck man. I wish they would make a Total War 40k. I've played the fuck outta both Warhammers but I'd like to dive into that particular world and its ripe for a Total War conversion.

Whoop Whoop Slumerican502 :

genocide_cutter
July 23, 2021
11:30 am
jiggles the clown
Members
2466sp_Permalink sp_Print

It's not total war at all, but there are the dawn of war games. I think they just recently announced dawn of war 3, too. Personally I'm not big on the 40k video games but hey that's me.

July 23, 2021
2:08 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717
July 23, 2021
2:29 pm
jiggles the clown
Members
2468sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't know about that. I'm just not big on strategy video games. At least not most. Civ and age of mythology were dope but that's about it.

July 24, 2021
3:31 am
the_patriot_smack
Moe Ray Al
Members
Forum Posts: 4478
2469sp_Permalink sp_Print

enjoyed my paid vacation

I played golf for the first time and golf sucks or at least I suck at golf

you soylies think you got rid of the almighty smack???

lol

you are dumber than I thought

still non-vaccinated 

and for the record the only time my protein will ever spike is when I am blowing a load all over your mother's face

god bless

THE ALMIGHTY SMACK

July 24, 2021
4:02 am
Noawareness
Noawareness
Members
Forum Posts: 511
2470sp_Permalink sp_Print

No one reply to him.

July 24, 2021
4:04 am
Noawareness
Noawareness
Members
Forum Posts: 511
2471sp_Permalink sp_Print

jiggles the clown said
I don't know about that. I'm just not big on strategy video games. At least not most. Civ and age of mythology were dope but that's about it.  

Every time I install Civ V, I end up binging it for like 30 hours+. I couldn't even tell you how many hours I've put into that game. Other than that, I'm not really into those 4X games.

Wonder what it is about Civ V.

July 24, 2021
7:20 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
2472sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today we are heading out our long move to Vermont. The Colorado experiment was a 7 year (mostly) success, and it's time to move on. Looking forward to living back in the northeast, for a plethora of reasons. Colorado was good, overall. Nothing much bad to say about it besides a few gripes. Far better place to live than eastern North Carolina, that's for sure. 

After the carpet dude does his thing this afternoon, we are heading out. We are making a slow trip of it, trying to enjoy rather than rush. We are super fortunate to have jobs waiting for us, and the wife's doesn't start until the end of August. So still a bit of time to find good housing and enjoy the summer together for a change. 

Wish I could Gather, but the timing is juuuust off. 

JiffyLong
July 24, 2021
11:45 am
jiggles the clown
Members

Noawareness said

Every time I install Civ V, I end up binging it for like 30 hours+. I couldn't even tell you how many hours I've put into that game. Other than that, I'm not really into those 4X games.

Wonder what it is about Civ V.  

Yeah, totally. there's just something magical about that game. I did buy crusader kings 3 awhile ago, and I can see that it's fun, it's well designed and everything works great. but it just doesn't do it for me. it's too complex for someone who's not super invested in 4X games, I think.

Old Mr Dangerous said
Today we are heading out our long move to Vermont. The Colorado experiment was a 7 year (mostly) success, and it's time to move on. Looking forward to living back in the northeast, for a plethora of reasons. Colorado was good, overall. Nothing much bad to say about it besides a few gripes. Far better place to live than eastern North Carolina, that's for sure. 

After the carpet dude does his thing this afternoon, we are heading out. We are making a slow trip of it, trying to enjoy rather than rush. We are super fortunate to have jobs waiting for us, and the wife's doesn't start until the end of August. So still a bit of time to find good housing and enjoy the summer together for a change. 

Wish I could Gather, but the timing is juuuust off.   

damn, sounds like a big move. I'm hoping to get out of Oregon more permanently myself. or at least out of the portland area. I love this city, born and raised in stump town. But I'd like to see a bit more of the world, plus it's just too expensive to keep living here for much longer. rents going up, wages aren't. 

July 24, 2021
12:51 pm
genocide_cutter
genocide_cutter
Members
Forum Posts: 322
2474sp_Permalink sp_Print

Running

July 24, 2021
12:56 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
2475sp_Permalink sp_Print

jiggles the clown said

damn, sounds like a big move. I'm hoping to get out of Oregon more permanently myself. or at least out of the portland area. I love this city, born and raised in stump town. But I'd like to see a bit more of the world, plus it's just too expensive to keep living here for much longer. rents going up, wages aren't.   

Yeah my wife is going to be getting paid much more at her new school, and has much better perks and benefits. Also, on the nice days they teach most classes outdoors, since it is on a lake. I'm probably going to be working on that lake too, at a lodge. It's between that one and UPS driver. UPS driver is much more money, but the work/life balance can be despairing. I'm planning on visiting both to see what they're all about. 

It's crazy how many job offers I got. It's unlike anything I've ever experienced due to the labor shortage. It's the scrub's time to shine now, for us not-too-skilled-but-hard-workers. Drivers, cleaners, sales, etc. All those years of crappy hard jobs that didn't pay much have surprisingly made my resume very appealing. So it wasn't all for nothing. That is a peaceful truth.

Got a campground booked for tonight. I'll keep yall ninjas updated. 

Carnivalkilla44
July 27, 2021
4:03 pm
jiggles the clown
Members
2476sp_Permalink sp_Print

So; I won't have any videos of anything for awhile. but I've been working on a few new projects. I got some more code figured out. waiting for some new MP3 modules to come that actually work.

currently, I'm working on this bad boy; PXL_20210727_205446322.jpgImage Enlarger

I got all the coding done. I just need to wire all the electronics together and edit some MP3s for sound effects. it's going to have sound effects for the main cannon and the sponson guns. and the main turret is going to rotate, full 360- have the code set up so that I can turn the turning on/off at the press of a button, either clockwise or anticlockwise.

then I'm going to work on a valkyrie. it's one I had finished awhile ago but I couldn't get my MP3 players working, I finally found ones that do, actually just work. So I'm pretty happy about that.

after that I'm working to work on a khorne lord of skulls. I know exactly what I want the model to do, just gotta get my hands a little more dirty with it and figure out some new code logic, plus figure out if I need a differently sized motor for the gattling gun of the thing or if the tiny ass ones I got are powerful enough to rotate it.

and then, in the background of all of this, I'm going to work on a maulerfiend project. no arduino in it. just back to simple LEDs and an on/off switch.

then, finally, after all of this is done I'm going to set up my camera and my photograph studio. record everything, and upload the videos to youtube to use as a portfolio.

i've got some other, less nerdy projects in the works too. I bought an 80% AR-15 lower years ago along with a jig, I had the lower carved out for some time but I'm finally putting in the money and effort to start buying the parts I need to finish it. Think I'm going to start with a pistol; it's a "ghost gun" so there's no way to track anything, it's not registered anywhere, since I built it myself. But legally speaking if your AR-15 starts life as a rifle, it is always considered a rifle. but if it starts life as a pistol you can go back and forth as much as you like. so starting as a pistol seems like the safest, smartest bet to do, keep things legal.

Psyral

July 27, 2021
9:23 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
2477sp_Permalink sp_Print

So our travel plan goes like this: 2 vehicles driving, one with two kids and a cat, the other bigger with more stuff but no A/C... so we drive an average of 4 hours a day then camp... one day is roughing it on random sites, like Hipcamp spots for $20. Saves a ton and we love it... the following day we spoil ourselves at a KOA type place. They spoil you there. You can do laundry, shower well, eat like a fat American King, etc... so anyways, we are at a Nebraska KOA a couple nights back.. and this dude calls out to me from the pool... turns out it was the very first grower from the dispensary j worked at for 6.5 years!! Like I hadn't heard from dude in over 5 years. The odds of this are baffling. It's a truly one in a million chance type thing.. I'm still tripping over it.

Now we are in South Bend, Indiana. My half brother's mother is in a mental institution here, I recall. Only two days til home then more adventure. Stay tuned

the_patriot_smack
July 27, 2021
11:32 pm
the_patriot_smack
Moe Ray Al
Members
Forum Posts: 4478

gotta admit VMD takes some balls to do what you are doing

Colorado to Vermont and you don't even have a place set in stone once you arrive takes some cahones.

when the borders run more fluid then gender again we will be about 2 hours apart you ever make it Montreal beers and poutine is on me.

also, did you say your father had a bastard child with a woman who is now in a mental asylum??

Whoop Whoop the_patriot_smack :

Old Mr Dangerous

THE ALMIGHTY SMACK

July 28, 2021
6:49 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
2479sp_Permalink sp_Print

The way @old-mr-dangerous is doing it is always an exciting adventure. @krunkazphuk and I have done that a few time. Pack up and move with a destination but no specific place pre-arranged. We've stayed in a tent at campgrounds till we found a place. It's actually pretty fun. One of the times was after a Gathering. We packed up and left for the Gathering with no place to return. Came back and since we still had our Gathering supplies and tent, we just headed to a campground on the beach and stayed there for close to a week while going back to work and finding a new place to stay.

@old-mr-dangerous , Good luck. Have fun. It's during these times in life where you relinquish a bit of control of your life and let the Universe take you for a ride for a bit. It's the spice of life. Let the Spice Flow!
the Spice Must Flow! | Magic Nose GoblinsImage Enlarger

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

Noawareness, Carnivalkilla44, Old Mr Dangerous
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
July 28, 2021
10:46 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
2480sp_Permalink sp_Print

Psyral Infection said

It's during these times in life where you relinquish a bit of control of your life and let the Universe take you for a ride for a bit. 

This happens to me every gathering shots

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

Psyral, Old Mr Dangerous
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
51 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

THC Edibles, DeweySew, JosephPrope, Larrylak, khan123

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845