March 29, 2024
81 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Related Related Topics Hatchetman
DCG CON 2017
January 12, 2017
10:25 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Discuss. 

Are you going? Do you want to go? What are you excited for?  What sounds stale? What sounds fresh? Have you ever been to a convention? How do you think this one will stack up to them if you have been? If enough of us are going, we need to have a FLH Meetup Massacre, right? Need a ride? Have a ride to give? Am I asking too many questions? 

DCG-timeline-web.jpgImage Enlarger

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

scruffy, ScottieD
January 12, 2017
10:37 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11696

DCG con is too awesome!! really wish i could go and hand out thousands of flyers for "spitendope 1.5" haha.. even tho it seems like there wont be much video gaming, haha.. the afterparty performances are cool two, do the con tickets get you into those as well??  *edit: if you buy the 3 day pass they do..

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

January 12, 2017
10:53 pm
CellE2057
Members

The Warlock said
DCG con is too awesome!! really wish i could go and hand out thousands of flyers for "spitendope 1.5" haha.. even tho it seems like there wont be much video gaming, haha.. the afterparty performances are cool two, do the con tickets get you into those as well??  *edit: if you buy the 3 day pass they do..  

There seems to be a few simulation games but yeah, didn't really expect many video games. 

As far as tickets go, they don't have their shit together yet. Hopefully within the next few days that changes but I've never been to a con that only offers a three days pass. There aren't any single day passes that I noticed. Which is weird that they left that out at the start. 

January 12, 2017
11:04 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11696

word. i also think it's stale that if you buy a 3-day ticket too late you may not be able to see the concert..

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

January 12, 2017
11:15 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

The concerts are just distractions the from rolling List. I'd skip them shits. 

January 12, 2017
11:32 pm
CellE2057
Members

The Warlock said
word. i also think it's stale that if you buy a 3-day ticket too late you may not be able to see the concert..  

You think it'll go down like that? I can't see it stayin that way. Too many ninjas would (rightfully) bitch about it. It would be much less of a hassle to let the weekend passes go in first and charge ten at the door until they reach capacity. 

January 13, 2017
12:21 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

CellE2057 said
Discuss. 

Are you going? Do you want to go? What are you excited for?  What sounds stale? What sounds fresh? Have you ever been to a convention? How do you think this one will stack up to them if you have been? If enough of us are going, we need to have a FLH Meetup Massacre, right? Need a ride? Have a ride to give? Am I asking too many questions?

yes, goin.  

have to, actually.  im, uh, runnin one of the 'events'.  

which is sumn im excited for.  

lots of shit sounds fresh.  so far.  

nothin sounds stale, so far.  maybe texas holdem.  

been to plenty conventions, but not about gaming.  mostly trade shows.  and, well, gatherings. 

meetup massacre is definitely needed.  probably.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

JC, CellE2057, Maryonette, Porkchop

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

January 13, 2017
9:42 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

scruffy said

CellE2057 said
Discuss. 

yes, goin.  

have to, actually.  im, uh, runnin one of the 'events'.  

which is sumn im excited for.  

lots of shit sounds fresh.  so far.  

nothin sounds stale, so far.  maybe texas holdem.  

been to plenty conventions, but not about gaming.  mostly trade shows.  and, well, gatherings. 

meetup massacre is definitely needed.  probably.    

Which event? Incredibly value here. Would like to try and swing it. 

Also it says this on the website: 

This package deal will be available until the Diesel Concert Lounge is at capacity.

How many people can that place hold? 

Whoop Whoop Pigg :

scruffy
January 13, 2017
10:29 am
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

I'm going. I'm super excited. Meetups should definitely be a thing. Stale is the group code not working on the hotel website last night.. and also that it didn't go to a confirmation page when I ordered the ticket, and on the recent orders page it just says processing, even though the $ came out of my account immediately.  I would feel better if I had a confirmation number or something, specifically because of how the after parties are limited capacity.   

They do talk about single day passes on the website. They will be sold at the door and do not get you into the after party.

edit: and also it all sounds amazing and I can't wait

Whoop Whoop JC :

scruffy, Maryonette
January 13, 2017
7:57 pm
Skratchie
Skratchie
Members
Forum Posts: 277

So with Mortons List getting a one time reprint for this convention that I can't make it to, I will pay for it and shipping if anyone is willing to pick up a copy and ship it to me. I'll throw in some extra for the time and effort but i've been wanting a legitimate mortons list for a fuckin grip now and I just can't make the journey from Washington.

January 13, 2017
8:16 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Skratchie said
So with Mortons List getting a one time reprint for this convention that I can't make it to, I will pay for it and shipping if anyone is willing to pick up a copy and ship it to me. I'll throw in some extra for the time and effort but i've been wanting a legitimate mortons list for a fuckin grip now and I just can't make the journey from Washington.  

ill see what i can do, spose.  

not sure if its really reprints or not.  if it turns out to be leftover stock, id expect to see some serious demand pricing.  

January 13, 2017
9:05 pm
CellE2057
Members

The website STILL says that my order is processing but I got an email confirmation with transaction number a few hours after I bought my ticket. So expect that. 

Also, if you call to reserve a room at that hotel they're pushing (which you have to do for the promo code for now. Good lookin out JC) they're well aware of the event and will give you the discount. 

Three nights with two queen beds only ran me $265. Which is pretty fuckin cheap considering there's a shuttle to and from the place. 

@scruffy What event are you hosting? 

January 13, 2017
9:28 pm
JC
JC
Members

sooo @scruffy what ya doing there??

January 13, 2017
9:29 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

jenga bomb.  friday n saturday.  

January 13, 2017
9:38 pm
JC
JC
Members

CellE2057 said
The website STILL says that my order is processing but I got an email confirmation with transaction number a few hours after I bought my ticket. So expect that. 

Also, if you call to reserve a room at that hotel they're pushing (which you have to do for the promo code for now. Good lookin out JC) they're well aware of the event and will give you the discount. 

Three nights with two queen beds only ran me $265. Which is pretty fuckin cheap considering there's a shuttle to and from the place. 

@scruffy What event are you hosting?   

still says processing for me too.. but there is an order number soo hopefully everything is fine? 

awe that cute lady at the hotel.  Talking all professional and shit. Then is like "and this is for group ::5 second hesitation:: ... ninjas in action?" yep. ninjas. :)  

Way fucking cheaper than I was expecting so that's sweet.  

I'm so fucking excited for everything...I think I might finally be fluently seventeening.  

Whoop Whoop JC :

ScottieD
January 13, 2017
10:07 pm
CellE2057
Members

scruffy said
jenga bomb.  friday n saturday.    

Would that be Jenga Boom by any chance? Dude, I'm doin that if you're hosting it. Also what does "hosting" entail exactly?

JC said

still says processing for me too.. but there is an order number soo hopefully everything is fine? 

As long as you have an order number you should be it. I mean, if it comes down to it you could always email em and ask wtf. 

Way fucking cheaper than I was expecting so that's sweet.  

Right? We were gonna book it for the 21st thru the 23rd but it was cheap enough that we threw the 20th in too so we don't have to rush on the 21st. 

January 13, 2017
10:31 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

CellE2057 said
Would that be Jenga Boom by any chance? Dude, I'm doin that if you're hosting it. Also what does "hosting" entail exactly?

bomb.  dunno what boom might be about.  jenga bomb.  

also dunno if my title is host, or if i even have a title at all.  but im one of two people in the world who has all the rules memorized, so if anybody is gonna play at all, i should be there.  

Right? We were gonna book it for the 21st thru the 23rd but it was cheap enough that we threw the 20th in too so we don't have to rush on the 21st.   

hm.  that sounds good.  

January 13, 2017
10:59 pm
CellE2057
Members

scruffy said

bomb.  dunno what boom might be about.  jenga bomb.  

also dunno if my title is host, or if i even have a title at all.  but im one of two people in the world who has all the rules memorized, so if anybody is gonna play at all, i should be there.  

Well my next question is what's Jenga Bomb? I can't find shit about it. 

Jenga Boom is Jenga with a timer basically. There's a "bomb" on the bottom that you stack the blocks on. The bomb blows up at "random" and whoever is taking their turn loses. 

Skratchie said

Damn, I was hoping to see you and Hope, man. Yeah, what Scruffy said though. If they don't spike the fuck out of price or it doesn't immediately get snatched up by people buyin em by the case, you'll get it for sure. 

January 13, 2017
11:03 pm
Skratchie
Skratchie
Members
Forum Posts: 277

Yeah, I really wish we could make it but it's just too far. As long as it's not like $300 or some crazy shit i'm totally down to get it. And, if possible, Juggalos against sanity as well. I know shipping would be a bitch but I don't really care cuz it would still be better than Hatchetgear shipping i'm assuming

January 14, 2017
6:48 am
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members
Forum Posts: 725

I was worried that this would turn out like Dash con. If you don't know what that is,  it's basically the most hilarious,  hideous excuse for a con ever. It was organized by some Tumblr fucks and just look it up because it's priceless  

My brain is gone, my brain is gone, say no more my brain is gone

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
91 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

sunny992, levishang, loppoxz, morbidmikey, Promotionalows

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845