April 18, 2024
51 Guests and 2 Members Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Related Related Topics Hatchetman
What Is Missing From “The Second Deck” of Joker’s Cards and Mini-TMDP! And GOTJ2012 Review *Spoilers*
August 16, 2012
2:31 pm
Billmaster
Members
Forum Posts: 12
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Anyone that has heard Ringmaster remembers this from the intro: “It seems my cards of tarot have dealt you a very odd hand. A hand of six jokers cards, this is very rare…”

Before Bang! Pow! Boom! Came out ICP said in all the interviews that this was NOT a joker’s card but just another Character of the Dark Carnival… OK I can live with that.

Fast-forward to the Hollowicked when they revealed the “Second Joker’s Card of the Second hand” The Mighty Death Pop! Huh wait what?

I approached Violent J on this issue at the American Psycho Tour VIP. He at first gave me a look like he did not remember saying that about B!P!B!  and basically said that it’s like Carnival of Carnage before they were even called Joker’s Card.  So I’m thinking ok sweet when The Mighty Death Pop Drops it’s going to school us on how many Joker’s Cards are in the second deck. With an epic line like “After all Six have risen the End of Time Will Consume us all”. With an countdown in the booklet.

Fast-forward to Gathering of the Juggalos 2012. I get a copy of TMDP! (I picked White Pop and just downloaded the rest when I got home.)

I open the booklet and I thought everything about the packaging was “fresh” aka I liked it.

In the booklet there is no joker card countdown.  We get: “ You will never be forgotten, Fuck Time, it won’t fade your memories. “ I felt this was like a cop out of some sorts but if the carnival is not really telling them yet how many cards etc I appreciate this more than a lie.

Thoughts on TMDP!:

I honestly don’t really feel the main album. I like some of the songs especially “Forever” because I feel that is truth from the heart what they are saying.  “Juggalo Juice” is a long needed song dedicated just to faygo.   “Hate her to death” I can relate to and very emotional.  All the songs though don’t seem to have much replay value to me. Maybe they spent to much time on these “bonus albums” and should have just released TMDP!  Two years ago.  

Thoughts on the GOTJ 2012:

Staleness: It was the most dusty (Like Dust Clouds from dry dirt) gathering I remember STALE! I was very disappointed in DMX not showing.  Also putting Zug Izland and Bizarre on the same times around 5AM in the morning like Rydas I just miss all that early morning shit. Boondox not being there is stale and I believe he will always have fans but everyone that leaves Psy their career goes down the tubes.  The Corp vs Rude Boy cancellation SUCKED.  This was also the first time watching ICP, and not going in the mosh pit and not feel like I really missed anything…

Freshness:  Static X rocked. Glad I saw Cheech and Chong.  Deadly Medley WAS OFF THE CHAIN EPIC! I really hope they do it every gathering now. Mad happy ICP is suing the FBI!

To try to wrap this up I see a pattern I always seen. Of making an Album, Touring, Hype up the Gathering and repeat (Not always in that order). I was always cool with this because I had a REAL countdown to the Joker’s cards and I knew they were around the corner. Now it’s like we have nothing to really look forward to or something.  I honestly feel like they are milking the system now.  I will always claim Juggalo. ICP got me through my life and still help me to this day. They are NOT in their prime anymore.  There are not many original juggalos like myself left.  Most of the gathering attendees are first timers… 

What I’m trying to say is that I’m going back to watching ICP and Psy from a distance. I had a lot of hope/hype on this new Joker’s card, and was let down.  I wonder what the next joker card will be IF they release it in 2-3 years.  I bet next Gathering is going to be about the new Dark Lotus Album.

Juggalo Family Love Forever!

Whoop Whoop,

Billmaster

August 16, 2012
2:37 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11701

tldr

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

August 16, 2012
2:41 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

sucks you didnt enjoy the gathering, but for me, no matter how bad it is, the gotj has to be better than doing anything else that week. 

id say this was my favorite gathering experience so far, despite various things that went wrong. 

you should try again in a year or two. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

August 16, 2012
3:08 pm
Billmaster
Members

scruffy said:

sucks you didnt enjoy the gathering, but for me, no matter how bad it is, the gotj has to be better than doing anything else that week. 

id say this was my favorite gathering experience so far, despite various things that went wrong. 

I still enjoyed it! =P 

August 16, 2012
3:17 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

right on.  every other reunion ive been to, there were problems that took away from it.  ive talked to some ninjas who considered the whole thing miserable, but then they had a blast the next year. 

August 16, 2012
3:40 pm
MmmmBrainz
MmmmBrainz
Members
Forum Posts: 548

Icp can't help how dusty it was ... Driest summer in centuries and all. Maybe could have cut down on all the golf carts kicking up the dust.

Sucks it wasn't your favorite dude. Seems like your jaded with the whole thing, sorry to hear that.

August 16, 2012
3:43 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Maybe could have cut down on all the golf carts kicking up the dust.

yeeeah.   

August 16, 2012
4:51 pm
Jack-town517
TruBlue
Guests

Billmaster said:

Anyone that has heard Ringmaster remembers this from the intro: “It seems my cards of tarot have dealt you a very odd hand. A hand of six jokers cards, this is very rare…”

Before Bang! Pow! Boom! Came out ICP said in all the interviews that this was NOT a joker’s card but just another Character of the Dark Carnival… OK I can live with that.

Fast-forward to the Hollowicked when they revealed the “Second Joker’s Card of the Second hand” The Mighty Death Pop! Huh wait what?

I approached Violent J on this issue at the American Psycho Tour VIP. He at first gave me a look like he did not remember saying that about B!P!B!  and basically said that it’s like Carnival of Carnage before they were even called Joker’s Card.  So I’m thinking ok sweet when The Mighty Death Pop Drops it’s going to school us on how many Joker’s Cards are in the second deck. With an epic line like “After all Six have risen the End of Time Will Consume us all”. With an countdown in the booklet.

Fast-forward to Gathering of the Juggalos 2012. I get a copy of TMDP! (I picked White Pop and just downloaded the rest when I got home.)

I open the booklet and I thought everything about the packaging was “fresh” aka I liked it.

In the booklet there is no joker card countdown.  We get: “ You will never be forgotten, Fuck Time, it won’t fade your memories. “ I felt this was like a cop out of some sorts but if the carnival is not really telling them yet how many cards etc I appreciate this more than a lie.

Thoughts on TMDP!:

I honestly don’t really feel the main album. I like some of the songs especially “Forever” because I feel that is truth from the heart what they are saying.  “Juggalo Juice” is a long needed song dedicated just to faygo.   “Hate her to death” I can relate to and very emotional.  All the songs though don’t seem to have much replay value to me. Maybe they spent to much time on these “bonus albums” and should have just released TMDP!  Two years ago.  

Thoughts on the GOTJ 2012:

Staleness: It was the most dusty (Like Dust Clouds from dry dirt) gathering I remember STALE! I was very disappointed in DMX not showing.  Also putting Zug Izland and Bizarre on the same times around 5AM in the morning like Rydas I just miss all that early morning shit. Boondox not being there is stale and I believe he will always have fans but everyone that leaves Psy their career goes down the tubes.  The Corp vs Rude Boy cancellation SUCKED.  This was also the first time watching ICP, and not going in the mosh pit and not feel like I really missed anything…

Freshness:  Static X rocked. Glad I saw Cheech and Chong.  Deadly Medley WAS OFF THE CHAIN EPIC! I really hope they do it every gathering now. Mad happy ICP is suing the FBI!

To try to wrap this up I see a pattern I always seen. Of making an Album, Touring, Hype up the Gathering and repeat (Not always in that order). I was always cool with this because I had a REAL countdown to the Joker’s cards and I knew they were around the corner. Now it’s like we have nothing to really look forward to or something.  I honestly feel like they are milking the system now.  I will always claim Juggalo. ICP got me through my life and still help me to this day. They are NOT in their prime anymore.  There are not many original juggalos like myself left.  Most of the gathering attendees are first timers… 

What I’m trying to say is that I’m going back to watching ICP and Psy from a distance. I had a lot of hope/hype on this new Joker’s card, and was let down.  I wonder what the next joker card will be IF they release it in 2-3 years.  I bet next Gathering is going to be about the new Dark Lotus Album.

Juggalo Family Love Forever!

Whoop Whoop,

Billmaster

LOL!! Funny in the first paragraph the quote on the Ringmaster. "Dealt you a very odd hand, a hand of 6 Joker Cards, this is very rare"

Wow what are the odds of that? Another set......guess it's not Very rare after all. wink

August 16, 2012
5:18 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11701

TruBlue said:

LOL!! Funny in the first paragraph the quote on the Ringmaster. "Dealt you a very odd hand, a hand of 6 Joker Cards, this is very rare"

Wow what are the odds of that? Another set......guess it's not Very rare after all. wink

haha!

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

August 16, 2012
5:28 pm
Billmaster
Members

The Warlock said:

TruBlue said:

haha!

lmao

August 17, 2012
9:11 am
Ypsi Foolish
Ypsi Foolish
Members
Forum Posts: 725

sux that DMX never showed, but what about The Game?

August 17, 2012
9:56 am
Billmaster
Members

Ypsi Foolish said:

sux that DMX never showed, but what about The Game?

He pussied out too

August 17, 2012
10:11 am
djuggalo910
Members
Forum Posts: 61

um, just feeling the need to remind people that even though some lo's and lette's might of been 1st timers, it doesnt mean they havent been down for a while, or since the beginning or whatever. I've been down since I was 12, I'm 24 now, still havent made it to the gathering cry thats just life though.

August 17, 2012
11:22 am
Joeberg
Members
Forum Posts: 102

I don't think anyone is trying to shit on people for being a first timer it's just that a lot of first timers seem overwhelmed by the whole experience and don't know how to act.  That's not a diss on anyone it's just how it is.  The Gathering is an experience unlike any other and with so much going on at all hours it can be easy to get caught up and carried away with things.  After a year or two though, it's not that shit is less awesome it's just for a lot of people there isn't that need to turn it up to 11 the whole time.

August 18, 2012
5:08 pm
Billmaster
Members

Joeberg said:

I don't think anyone is trying to shit on people for being a first timer it's just that a lot of first timers seem overwhelmed by the whole experience and don't know how to act.  That's not a diss on anyone it's just how it is.  The Gathering is an experience unlike any other and with so much going on at all hours it can be easy to get caught up and carried away with things.  After a year or two though, it's not that shit is less awesome it's just for a lot of people there isn't that need to turn it up to 11 the whole time.

true true.

I don't think I'm going next year though. =(

October 19, 2012
11:45 am
pop goes the mighty
Guests

i missed wish i could have gone sad to hear you did not enjoy it 

juggalo 4 life whoop whoopcool

October 19, 2012
4:39 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

scruffy said:

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

October 19, 2012
5:03 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

I tend to agree with you alot Scruffy.  My girl and I had to take last year off due to court related financial issues. This year will be my 8th  I cant wait and its still 10 months away.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

October 21, 2012
10:31 am
wow a chick
wow a chick
Members
Forum Posts: 451

The Warlock said:

TruBlue said:

haha!

Well...if you wanna get technical...there's now a total of 78 cards in the deck: facebook.com/darkcarnivaltarot

Shameless self plug! Shameless self plug! laugh

October 22, 2012
3:27 pm
jtclarks
jtclarks
Guests

I feel the exact same way. Ive been listening since 97. After Hells Pit and the Calm released. I was like whoa WTF is this shit. I tuned out til bout 2010. My opinion is Twiztid is way  better than anybody on psy right now. ABK being second. Just my opinion. I think the whole goin back to the jokers cards was a desperate attempt

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
74 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845