April 20, 2024
88 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
StrangeMusic
Official tech n9ne the storm 2016 thread
September 1, 2016
5:09 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I thought this album was suppose to come out sometime this month, but upon a lil research i cant find any details on the release. I have seen sept. 9th as a release date, but those were posted earlier this year. I have seen december 9th too. Anyone know when its suppose to be officially released, and any details like tracklist info.

September 1, 2016
6:01 am
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559

It was originally announced but, I won't be released this month.

Only thing I could find is this : http://www.kanyetothe.com/foru.....=4359049.0 If my memory serves me correctly, this site has been the source of some accurate information. 

September 1, 2016
3:31 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

Rolling Stone article, April 18th 2016

Strange Music CEO Tech N9ne has revealed his plan to drop his eleventh solo studio album, The Storm, on September 9. Taking to Instagram, the independent powerhouse posted a photo with this caption: “I don’t fit the part for mainstream cause I’m rougher only time they wanna look like me is Halloween muthaf*cka! ( I GET IT NOW) THE STORM, 9/9/16.”

Image Enlarger

September 1, 2016
4:07 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

PunkRockJuggalo said
It was originally announced but, I won't be released this month.

Only thing I could find is this : http://www.kanyetothe.com/foru.....=4359049.0 If my memory serves me correctly, this site has been the source of some accurate information.   

Thanks PRJ, i saw that post but didnt trust it since it had KANYE in the web address

September 9, 2016
6:18 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

he released three songs from the album a few hours ago.

check out this official youtube playlist with all three songs and a short introduction

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeKoILF7azzD1RNYupdwa57vyWsKnIHdK

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Split
September 9, 2016
6:22 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

So the official release date is December 9th 2016 for the storm. The album is gonna be split into 3 sections: Kingdom, Clown Town, and G'z On. Since he wasnt able to meet the 9/9 release date, he released one song off each section of the album. They are "erbody but me", "i get it now", and "what if it was me". 

Im really excited for this album, especially now that i know its broken into 3 sweet sounding sections. I cant even pick one section over another, atm, they all sound good. As for the songs he released today, i felt like the were just ok, upon 1st listen.

Erbody But Me came in hard and i felt like it was gonna be a good "radio" song like See Me Now or Hood Go Crazy. But it quickly got stale and i started to zone off around the 2nd verse.. I cant even figure out if its supposed to be bizzy bone or sum ninja simply named bizzy on the track. Which makes me sad, cuz i wanted to hear bizzy bone spit sumthin. And it says kaliko is on it, but i dont remember hearing him at all. I give it a 2/5, would be ok background music, since it was tolerable.

I Get It Now reminds me of the album Killer. His flow and the beat are very reminiscent of that era of tech. Its definitely a song id expect from a section called Clown Town. Its a song basically slappin the industry in their faces like the bitches they are, similar to Come Gangsta off Everready. For me its just a song thats cool the 1st listen, but i wont really play it often. Its another song that would be good background music also, since it doesnt annoy me. 3/5

What If It Was Me kinda reminds me of Hope For A Higher Power. The beat and his flow over it are clean and smooth as fuck. This is the type of song old skool technicians expect from tech, lyrically. Out of the 3 songs, it is by far my favorite and will get some rotation. I dont have much to say about it since there was really nothing for me to pick apart. 4.20/5

My final thoughts, atm, are that these songs are mediocre. They didnt annoy the shit outta me, which is good. Usually the 1st singles of an album are the ones that get old real fast. (Lol, that last sentence is a paradox). This release reminds me sooo much of the Killer release. I wasnt too thrilled wit the singles or most the album, but it had some fuckin bangers on there. With that being said i know this album will have some songs that will flip my wig.

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

CellE2057, Split
September 11, 2016
11:57 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

The only one I kinda liked was I Get It Now and even then the feeling was mixed. (Meh...I get it...heh) Him calling himself a wicked clown seemed a little...bitey to me and him talking about wicked shit made me want to listen to real wicked shit; aka- someone other than the dude that raps with Two Chains. 

Dunno if that means that he's doin what he always did and my music taste has changed OR he's changed and doesn't have the same hunger he use to have ("Not hungry like you was. In fact you even said 'fuck food'" -Q Strange). 

Any more active fans of him care to chime in and give their thoughts on the tracks Strange dropped?

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

Split, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
September 12, 2016
10:02 am
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859

I dug all 3 of these tracks

I could hear Erbody but me bein bumped in a strip club

I get it now is pretty awsome. To me it's a real banger with the sound and bass combination...?

It puts the lotion in the basket.

What if it was me is great to me as well...

I thought they were all bangers, I'll be pickin up this album.

Whoop Whoop Split :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
September 12, 2016
11:28 am
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104

Erbody but me was boring to me. The beat didn't have enough to it.

I Get It Now was just as boring to me when I first listened to it. It eventually grew on me after a few listens and became my jam. Reminds me of an Absolute Power Tech with signature Seven orchestra production.

What If It Was Me was dope. Really reminded me of Anghellic too.

Seems a lot like Tech is going through a midlife crisis or something, he is bringing up his past a lot. I predict this album will have a lot of nostalgia in it with him bringing back the skull paint and the jumpsuit. What if this is his last album?

Whoop Whoop King Lucem Ferre :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
September 14, 2016
6:47 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

@lucem

King Lucem Ferre said

I Get It Now was just as boring to me when I first listened to it. It eventually grew on me after a few listens and became my jam. Reminds me of an Absolute Power Tech with signature Seven orchestra production.

Seems a lot like Tech is going through a midlife crisis or something, he is bringing up his past a lot. I predict this album will have a lot of nostalgia in it with him bringing back the skull paint and the jumpsuit. What if this is his last album?  

King Lucem Ferre said

King Lucem Ferre said

Tech will never wear face paint again. He's had a mask made by the people who made Slipknot's masks. 

September 15, 2016
5:48 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

CellE2057 said
The only one I kinda liked was I Get It Now and even then the feeling was mixed. (Meh...I get it...heh) Him calling himself a wicked clown seemed a little...bitey to me and him talking about wicked shit made me want to listen to real wicked shit; aka- someone other than the dude that raps with Two Chains. 

Dunno if that means that he's doin what he always did and my music taste has changed OR he's changed and doesn't have the same hunger he use to have ("Not hungry like you was. In fact you even said 'fuck food'" -Q Strange). 

Any more active fans of him care to chime in and give their thoughts on the tracks Strange dropped?  

I'm like 50/50 with him these days. I loved the track what if it was me. Usually he'll have some dope tracks on an album and then some tracks I don't feel. 

The wicked clown shit is old hat to him. When he was in high school he had drawn up sketches of him as a demonic clown because there was an urban legend in his hood of some clown dude killing people gacy style and he wanted to be scary. When he became a rapper he said every time he had an idea for anything, he would be strolling through a music store and he'd see a tape or cd by ICP that already did it and it made him made lol.

I do agree that he doesn't seem as "hungry" anymore, but that's probably mostly just because he's getting old and comfortable. I'm OK with that. I wish he would change his shit up more and do something different, I always feel like his shit is super predictable. 

I think it's really funny when he is like man i'm so evil look at all these chicks i fuck and all the alcohol i drink i'm so hard and evil and scary cuz i fuck so many girls man

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

Violentdope

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

September 17, 2016
5:38 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518

I Get It Now is the stand out, What If It Was Me and Erbody But Me has grown on me quite a bit. 

To be honest, I regret listening to them. Individually, I'll think a song is meh at best, but through an entire album play through, I'll think its fire. Happened with the last two albums.

offtopic

I dig the mask. He can do a lot of cool shit working with Slipknot's people.

Whoop Whoop V_Ron :

Violentdope
September 18, 2016
1:42 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619

If you have Ghost you have everythingofftopicf-ubatman

agree with rob...tech for me has always been hit n miss...i love his dark shit and dont like much of his mainstream party/fuck tunes...Tech is very predictable ...I thought i get it now is great track...the others might grow on me more  but right now not feelin it much.

September 19, 2016
4:21 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members

you guys should check out this sweet tech n9ne mask i found at the dollar store. 

0919161621-1.jpgImage Enlarger

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
September 19, 2016
5:02 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

deathmetaljuggalo said
you guys should check out this sweet tech n9ne mask i found at the dollar store. 

0919161621-1.jpgImage Enlarger

Your dollar store is clearly a 5.99 store sir.

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

September 19, 2016
5:12 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members

OCJ_Brendan said

nah, the stuff from the $5.99 store gets sent to the $1 store.

MASTERWEEDO
September 19, 2016
5:30 pm
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104

OCJ_Brendan said

You ever been to a dollar store that actually sticks to its name? They are really just cheap shit stores, but cheap shit store don't sound as good as dollar store.

September 19, 2016
5:43 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

King Lucem Ferre said

You ever been to a dollar store that actually sticks to its name? They are really just cheap shit stores, but cheap shit store don't sound as good as dollar store.  

Here we have dollar trees that literally everything is a dollar.  I do know what you mean though the house across the street from my grandmas got bought and turned into a dollar general....they sold all kinds of random non dollar shit.  I honestly just live to give Mike shit whenever I can.  Its some frog and scorpion shit....

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

October 13, 2016
5:09 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

Tech dropped a new song called, Sriracha, featuring logic and joyner lucas.

I didnt like the beat much, its kinda like a mayday/ces cru type beat. The chorus is wack but his bars are good. The last verse, joyner lucas i believe, has pretty crazy. The dude spits fast as fuck, i havent heard anything that fast in quite a while.

So far im nervous that this album is gonna be a bust. It feels like the last strangulation, beat wise, and i hate that album.

October 14, 2016
12:31 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members

yeah, song was shit. not a fan of it.

so far, this album is pretty meh.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
72 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845