September 7, 2024
48 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
2015 Meetup Massacre
July 2, 2015
12:08 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That seems to be the plan thus far. I haven't seen anyone sayin they can't make the first one at least. 

On the parking lot deal, this idea might have been addressed other years or somethin but why not a FLH flag on a stick? Flag on a stick has worked for over a thousand years. Look for the flag and go to it. That's where the meetup is. 

July 2, 2015
12:15 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

you wanna make a flag, have at it.  couldnt hurt.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 2, 2015
3:22 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

I ordered one extra shirt to turn into a flag. Whoever wants to be flag bearer, the job is yours. The flag will probably be a team flag also for the Family Feud game.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
July 2, 2015
3:40 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Psyral Infection said
I ordered one extra shirt to turn into a flag. Whoever wants to be flag bearer, the job is yours. The flag will probably be a team flag also for the Family Feud game.

Great minds think alike...I did this as well.  WE could combine forces and make a double sided flag.  If not ill have a cape...BITCHEZ

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

bayAreaShaman

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

July 2, 2015
10:58 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

I'm definitely hitting the 50 Shades of Snuff set at 4pm on Wednesday, but after that is over, I can make my way over to the meetup around 5pm. Liquid Assassin is also on my must do list since I've never seen a full set of his, so Thursday is looking like a 5pm arrival too. Definitely not missing the Twiztid seminar, so again I could be there by 5pm that day. So if people are still hanging around at 5pm, I will see you. But 4pm ain't looking good any day for me.

-Jules

July 2, 2015
11:56 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

I wouldn't expect anyone to want to wait around for two hours at someone else's campsite for other people that MIGHT show up but I think we've come to a consensus that 6pm is the peak of fashionably late for our meetups with about 4p to 6p being the optimum window of expectancy for anyone showing up to the RV thinking anyone is gonna be there.

Failing that, 5:30p - 6p would be the best time to drop by with the best likelihood of the rest being there already. But somebody's gotta be first so if you don't have anything better to do at the time, pull up a patch and others should be right after shortly...

Lot party: if you guys can make an FLH flag that would solve SOO many complications of grabbing everyone. There's plenty of people that "troll" these pages that aren't actual members (I know, they've stopped me at last year's Gathering cuz I was wearing the FLH shirt and told me so) so I'm sure having something like that up would draw more people; especially seeing as we wanna drum up some more people for all of our gaming team needs.

I guess I'll just have to choose to pull on my Meetup Massacre shirt when I get there (even though I got this really cool zombie clown shirt I was gonna wear on the drive up). That'd be a good idea anyway. Unless of course yer the one holding the big ass flag.

Can we get some kind of composite picture posted of the current roster of previous FLH shirts for those that don't know any better of what to look for when they get there?

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 3, 2015
2:01 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Cheshyr said
There's plenty of people that "troll" these pages that aren't actual members (I know, they've stopped me at last year's Gathering cuz I was wearing the FLH shirt and told me so) so I'm sure having something like that up would draw more people; especially seeing as we wanna drum up some more people for all of our gaming team needs.

if they aint members anyway, shouldnt they just find their own team?  

or would they be like the junior varsity, or sumn?  

Can we get some kind of composite picture posted of the current roster of previous FLH shirts for those that don't know any better of what to look for when they get there?

not sure what you mean.  

theres pictures in the first post of this thread, sorta show how they look.  

regarding the flag people tryin to do the flag thing...  flags dont fly, unless theyre way the fuck up there.  guessing yall havent done many color guards, but if there is enough wind blowing to wave it [or youre waving it yourself], well, that gets kinda tiresome kinda quick.  

im sayin, an improvised flag is more or less gonna resemble a t-shirt hangin from a stick.  itll take some prep, to be able to really display.  sumn to think on.  

July 3, 2015
8:21 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

meetup massacre? K.M.K. vs potluck?

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

July 3, 2015
8:24 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3599

wonka69 said
meetup massacre? K.M.K. vs potluck?

I say One Ton vs Daddy X at Bloodymania, in a Slave vs Master  Extreme Plantation Match!!

July 4, 2015
3:26 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

scruffy said 

regarding the flag people tryin to do the flag thing...  flags dont fly, unless theyre way the fuck up there.  guessing yall havent done many color guards, but if there is enough wind blowing to wave it [or youre waving it yourself], well, that gets kinda tiresome kinda quick.  

im sayin, an improvised flag is more or less gonna resemble a t-shirt hangin from a stick.  itll take some prep, to be able to really display.  sumn to think on.  

True enough, sir.... But if anyone was going to be so inclined to do so, one might make a standard with an arm to secure it. Either like an upside down 'L' type thing or a cross/kite formation... Like these:

Image Enlarger

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 4, 2015
7:41 pm
Schaver86
Schaver86
Maquoketa, IA
Members
Forum Posts: 14

I think this ideas cool as fuck, I missed it last year but I get there late afternoon on wensday, would love to meet some new people and get a shirt, fuck im driven in alone this year inless I can find some ninjas in route needen a ride!! commen from eastern iowa

July 4, 2015
8:03 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members

Cheshyr said

scruffy said 

True enough, sir.... But if anyone was going to be so inclined to do so, one might make a standard with an arm to secure it. Either like an upside down 'L' type thing or a cross/kite formation... Like these:

Image Enlarger

Point Cheshyr

bayAreaShaman

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

July 6, 2015
8:52 pm
Schaver86
Schaver86
Maquoketa, IA
Members
Forum Posts: 14

so what time and where?? im down

July 8, 2015
2:54 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Schaver86 said  
so what time and where?? im down    

dont think its been firmly established.  

id like to meet ya, though...  half my family came from elwood, lost nation, et cetera.  got an uncle lives in maquoketa.  

um, i spose i should mention that my gathering plans are now up in the air, again.  as in, i dont know if shits gonna work out or not.  

will advise.  

July 8, 2015
7:15 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

can we call for an official vote then or something?

July 8, 2015
7:27 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members

First two days FLH trailer 5-6 oclock if anyone has issue with that voice it or I say we just go with it.

bayAreaShaman

July 8, 2015
7:56 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

OCJ_Brendan said  
First two days FLH trailer 5-6 oclock if anyone has issue with that voice it or I say we just go with it.    

in all likelihood, seems like this is gonna be it.  

July 8, 2015
8:46 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

OCJ_Brendan said

Seconded.

July 8, 2015
8:56 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

OCJ_Brendan said

Thirded? (is that even a term?)

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
July 8, 2015
9:09 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members

We sir now have a meetup.  If anyone else would like to join it please drop by and say waddup to us.

OFFICAL FLH MEETUP MASSACRE

Dates: July 22,23

Time: 5-6pm  Thats 1700-1800.

While its not required to bring me a gift for nailing down the time and place...I do accept them if they are of the drug/booze/currency persuasion.  

bayAreaShaman

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
184 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Bonbrew Aradour, Francisicele, cbd gummies for stress, Johnnygob, Grigorphx

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845