April 19, 2024
61 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Are the fireworks as bad as I keep hearing?
April 6, 2019
7:00 pm
GhettoCarnivalThrills
GhettoCarnivalThrills
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I keep hearing that fireworks go off all day and night at random, which is cool as long as they're not right up on me. Normally I wouldn't give a fuck, but I have Hyperacusis and if some m80s, quarter sticks etc went off in close proximity without me being able to get my hearing protection on first, it would most likely fuck me up for months to years depending on the severity. I Haven't been to a gathering since 04' and really wanna make it to the 20th, but this is holding me back, is there any way to avoid them or are they literally being thrown everywhere unsuspectingly?

April 6, 2019
7:02 pm
JiffyLong
JiffyLong
Members
Forum Posts: 2159

Buncha savages 

"Your girl fucked me 'cause you cummin' quicker than FedEx Air"- Sean Law

April 6, 2019
7:42 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8174

In Ballas I've found fireworks casings in my boot in the morning, our canopy was burned thru by fallout, & it rained sulfur on our neighbor when he was making coffee. All bets are off. ninja

Whoop Whoop krunk :

Psyral
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

April 6, 2019
8:01 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

On the last night of 2003 in Ohio, I shot off my 100 piece box of fireworks in the very far back of The Dark Forest. Dude I was with was begging me to shoot em off. I did it far away from people and those kind are relatively safe since they're in a stable box deal instead of having to shoot em all off individually and such. Only time I did that. Others arent as conscientious as me, though. 

Fireworks are fun but insanely dangerous. Once my homie lit and threw one underneath this old recliner I was sitting in, in my dad's garage. It somehow flew up and busted off in my face. I had black burn marks around my mouth for about a week and a half.

April 6, 2019
8:20 pm
JiffyLong
JiffyLong
Members

Old Mr Dangerous said
Once my homie lit and threw one underneath this old recliner I was sitting in, in my dad's garage. It somehow flew up and busted off in my face. I had black burn marks around my mouth for about a week and a half.  

Goddamn

April 6, 2019
10:49 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

JiffyLong said

Goddamn  

Marvel supervillains have been made from less.

April 6, 2019
11:07 pm
JiffyLong
JiffyLong
Members

Pretty out of touch with super villains. Or Marvel. They make Deadpool?

April 6, 2019
11:10 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

JiffyLong said
Pretty out of touch with super villains. Or Marvel. They make Deadpool?  

Yes and no. Makin a soopa hero killin. Anyday I can blow. Insane monkey like Mojo Jojo.

April 7, 2019
5:39 pm
Hypnotized Ninja
Members
Forum Posts: 827

For Yelawolf they are but hey he asks for it loco

April 7, 2019
6:39 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

Hypnotized Ninja said
For Yelawolf they are but hey he asks for it loco  

Lol dude challenged the crowd to try and hit him. But really the fireworks ain't all that bad. 

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

April 7, 2019
8:25 pm
FuckHerRightInThePussy
Members
Forum Posts: 555

I was sitting in my folding chair(which @drunkalo now owns) and had an m80 land in my lap. I jumped up quick and almost lost my nads. Scariest shit I've ever had happen to me at GOTJ. Couldn't figure out where it came from. I saw a 14 year old girl get hit in the face at the jcw stage by a bottle rocket. Theres like at least 20 juggalos running around gotj who are fuckin retards that the world would be a better place without. The other 9000 people there are usually pretty cool. 

Whoop Whoop FuckHerRightInThePussy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 7, 2019
8:32 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

Ya there are the few assholes but I personally never ran into problems

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

April 7, 2019
9:18 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

FuckHerRightInThePussy said
I was sitting in my folding chair(which @drunkalo now owns) and had an m80 land in my lap. I jumped up quick and almost lost my nads. Scariest shit I've ever had happen to me at GOTJ. Couldn't figure out where it came from. I saw a 14 year old girl get hit in the face at the jcw stage by a bottle rocket. Theres like at least 20 juggalos running around gotj who are fuckin retards that the world would be a better place without. The other 9000 people there are usually pretty cool.   

Yep. It's probably the same 20 people that throw unopened beer cans and other rock hard objects into the crowd at the concerts.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
April 7, 2019
10:33 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

I hate all of that shit, dude. I wish we had snipers in the woods that could pick off the sickly Juggalos that are no longer of use to the herd at large. 

My biggest fear at the place was of kids getting hurt. Witnessing it would be wretched. But the parents or guardians of the kid, wow, man... nightmare scenario. Or my wife or friends. Imagine how bad that would feel ... not just at GOTJ but any big venue is a huge fear surge for me when it comes to people getting hurt for no good reason. 

Once again, that is pure terrifying and awful about the M80 and the bottle rocket. Imagine if you didnt notice or were too fucked up to react in time. Your life would be completely different due to some irresponsible nobodies. It upsets me.

Fireworks are not a toy. Plain and simple. They're simultaneously an impressive feat of man's imagination and a stupid fucking idea. 

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 7, 2019
11:05 pm
GhettoCarnivalThrills
GhettoCarnivalThrills
Members

Old Mr Dangerous said
On the last night of 2003 in Ohio, I shot off my 100 piece box of fireworks in the very far back of The Dark Forest. Dude I was with was begging me to shoot em off. I did it far away from people and those kind are relatively safe since they're in a stable box deal instead of having to shoot em all off individually and such. Only time I did that. Others arent as conscientious as me, though. 

Fireworks are fun but insanely dangerous. Once my homie lit and threw one underneath this old recliner I was sitting in, in my dad's garage. It somehow flew up and busted off in my face. I had black burn marks around my mouth for about a week and a half.  

That 100 piece box in The Dark Forest sounds familiar as fuck, I may have watched that go down. Shit that goes in the sky like that wouldn't bother me tho, I'm more worried about m80s n shit whizzing past my head. Damn tho, thats some crazy shit, "muthafuckin bootleg fireworks".

April 7, 2019
11:08 pm
GhettoCarnivalThrills
GhettoCarnivalThrills
Members

GanjaGoblin said

Lol dude challenged the crowd to try and hit him. But really the fireworks ain't all that bad.   

I seen a vid of him getting hit in the face with one after that challenge. And yeah man I'm hoping so.

April 7, 2019
11:11 pm
GhettoCarnivalThrills
GhettoCarnivalThrills
Members

Holy fuck. Having your dick blown off,  that would have been some Hot Tub Time Machine type shit. I can imagine the press after that. 

April 7, 2019
11:25 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332

Last year was my first, but the fireworks weren't terrible.  My only personal negative experience was that there was some asshole in the crowd of the Killjoy Club set that was shooting them out of his fingers.  So they were going off at eye level.  But I moved away from him and there wasn't any other problem.  A few M80s here and there, but nothing super close to me.  Definitely didn't almost lose my dick, so I guess I'm thankful for that.  It's in the "gathering rules" this year that fireworks are banned, but they'll still be present to some degree.  I walked in the gate with a large plastic tote (which had my clothes and food in it), and they just patted me down and didn't look in it.  It could have been full of bombs and heroin for all they knew.

April 8, 2019
4:24 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248

Screenshot_2019-04-08-05-03-092.pngImage Enlarger

Jack asses! I woke up this morning to this, wondering wtf i did and in the fireworks thread? I know i didnt bring any fireworks.

Thats pretty stale about almost losing your pp.

@FuckHerRightInThePussy I still got your chair bro, its your chair, your getting it back. When, im unsure.

We lost mandys grandmother about 3 weeks ago and her father has been in the hospital 5 times since January. No joke he had a heart attack in her car on the way to the hospital the first time. Her driving literally killed a man. She went down to part time at work to take care of her dad and grandfather. Money is pretty tight, not sure about getting to GOTJ this year.

No fireworks stories to add...

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

April 8, 2019
7:36 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Drunkalo said
Screenshot_2019-04-08-05-03-092.pngImage Enlarger

Jack asses! I woke up this morning to this, wondering wtf i did and in the fireworks thread? I know i didnt bring any fireworks.

Thats pretty stale about almost losing your pp.

@FuckHerRightInThePussy I still got your chair bro, its your chair, your getting it back. When, im unsure.

We lost mandys grandmother about 3 weeks ago and her father has been in the hospital 5 times since January. No joke he had a heart attack in her car on the way to the hospital the first time. Her driving literally killed a man. She went down to part time at work to take care of her dad and grandfather. Money is pretty tight, not sure about getting to GOTJ this year.

No fireworks stories to add...  

Condolences, homie.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

Drunkalo
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
86 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845