March 29, 2024
83 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Cops at the gathering
May 22, 2014
5:23 pm
superninja
superninja
Members
Forum Posts: 17
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yeah, if you haven't heard the news check the front page. Also the music volume has to be lowered after midnight, and the attendance is capped at 6,000 people this year. So, basically everything good about the Gathering is being flushed down the shitter. I can't believe Psychopathic would agree to those terms. Hog Rock was perfect, I can't believe how badly they screwed it up.

May 22, 2014
5:44 pm
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members
Forum Posts: 492

Shut the fuck up, it's politics. 

May 22, 2014
6:18 pm
sketchez
Members
Forum Posts: 1251

since Violent J has 30 something million $ then why doesn't he buy his own area to have the gathering?? 

is there a reason they won't do it?

May 22, 2014
6:36 pm
Nemo
Nemo
Members
Forum Posts: 373

superninja said
Yeah, if you haven't heard the news check the front page. Also the music volume has to be lowered after midnight, and the attendance is capped at 6,000 people this year. So, basically everything good about the Gathering is being flushed down the shitter. I can't believe Psychopathic would agree to those terms. Hog Rock was perfect, I can't believe how badly they screwed it up.

"Hog Rock was perfect?"

Somebody never went to Crystal Forest/Nelson Ledges.

In any case, if "everything good" to you was a lack of security, loud music at night, and an excess of 6,000 in attendance, I think maybe you're missing the point.

May 22, 2014
7:45 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

There were cops on site in 2006.  They didn't fuck with anyone with the smallest bit of common sense.  Also Nemo is right you don't know perfect unless you made it to Nelson Ledges.  Hog Rock blew a donkey dick in comparison.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

May 22, 2014
7:53 pm
Nemo
Nemo
Members

Also, the attendance at Nelson Ledges was somewhere around 5,000 on average.

May 22, 2014
7:54 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members
Forum Posts: 4001

Wonder if that means I wont be able to get a ticket in late july.

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

May 22, 2014
7:54 pm
Doc RenoK
Members
Forum Posts: 110

Nelson ledges was where its at. Actually in the woods instead of a fucking field. Anyone know why we can't go back there?

May 22, 2014
8:01 pm
Nemo
Nemo
Members

Doc RenoK said
Nelson ledges was where its at. Actually in the woods instead of a fucking field. Anyone know why we can't go back there?

Same reason as usual: we're a bunch of littering, disrespectful jackasses, by and large.

May 22, 2014
8:05 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members
Forum Posts: 4001

Dont be an asshole, dont worry about the cops. pretty simple

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

May 22, 2014
8:17 pm
Doc RenoK
Members
Forum Posts: 110

Doc RenoK said
Same reason as usual: we're a bunch of littering, disrespectful jackasses, by and large.

May 22, 2014
8:24 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9038

Nelson Ledges for life! Never been to Hog Rock, but Novi, Toledo Seagate Center and the Peoria joint were great, but NOTHING compares to Ohio! 2003-2004, best years I've been. I shot off a 100 shot fireworks box back in Dark Forest. 

If they ever went back there, I'd go.

May 22, 2014
8:28 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Be cool if PSY offered a reduced discount for "Juggalo Clean-Up Crew" ticket price wise. They would pay full ticket price at first, then get a voucher, and if they cleaned up a designated amount after the final day or even during the event, they could redeem it for cash. Shit many Juggalos would do it for merch. 

Me for president . 1934.

May 22, 2014
8:39 pm
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members
Forum Posts: 492

Old Mr Dangerous said
Be cool if PSY offered a reduced discount for "Juggalo Clean-Up Crew" ticket price wise. They would pay full ticket price at first, then get a voucher, and if they cleaned up a designated amount after the final day or even during the event, they could redeem it for cash. Shit many Juggalos would do it for merch. 

Me for president . 1934.

Hog daddy fed, sheltered, and paid those that stayed to clean up. Some of us stayed DAYS. 

May 22, 2014
8:39 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Just A Quick PSA

WEED IS DRUGS

Okay?! Any of you stupid bitches that want to have some kind of deliberation or debate about it can have it with a cop and see where it gets ya. Don't be so fucking naive as to talk shit about one kind of drug (that isn't heroin, cuz that shit deserves every drop of hate) and in the same breath, "All I wanna be able to do is toke, puff, light up... WHATEVER..." When the pigs are talking about "drugs" they're talking about your weed *too! The only thing we got going on that front is that Ohio is a misdemeanor state (or so I've read last).

To be sure, I'm NOT disagreeing with you. I'm NOT also as equally worried about such things. I am NOT not wanting to do the same things (plus some) but I am also NOT not going because of it.

Coachella and Burning Man and Bonnaroo ALL have the same stigma we're dealing with (maybe without the myths of open fighting an' such) and everybody still gets lifted. Only THIS TIME we'll have to at least PRETEND to act like we know better. There will be no Drug Bridge and anybody "working" will have to be a bit more thoughtful than a hastily scrawled cardboard sign... No nipple slicing freaks screaming "Buy my drugs or I'll kill your family!"

This article seems to illustrate that the citizenry is misguidedly concerned with what we're gonna do ELSEWHERE when -WE- all know that once we get there... we ain't takin' long walks into town to fuck with people.

This bullshit "attendence" cap has me equally tweaked but DO THE MATH and it MUST be bullshit!

6000x$180=$1,080,000

If only 1/4 of those people also buy single car passes, that only brings the number to $1,230,000 (Do your own math to include the Ballas passes but you get the picture). Merchandise can't possibly be their saving grace with a number like that either.

Seeing as yer all a bunch of "promoters" out there, do you HONESTLY think that is ANYWHERE near enough money to pay for everything within any kind of *acceptable loss we always hear they take on these Gatherings? They are not gettin' the lineup of artists they've got this year on the cheap so maybe they might wanna considering making those arcade games into quarter munchers again...

What we *DO* need now is an official ticket count! I'm not driving several states to get there and be turned away by this bullshit cap...

"I see a bad moon rising..."

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

May 22, 2014
8:42 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

RydaFoLife said

Old Mr Dangerous said

Me for president . 1934.

Hog daddy fed, sheltered, and paid those that stayed to clean up. Some of us stayed DAYS. 

I did not know that, thanks. How was the overall experience?

May 22, 2014
8:49 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

Hog daddy prolly got tired feeding you, when it should have been psy. taking care of the clean up! psy. makes the money and dips!

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

May 22, 2014
8:57 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

wonka69 said
Hog daddy prolly got tired feeding you, when it should have been psy. taking care of the clean up! psy. makes the money and dips!

I roll deep, even if I go for chip dip. If it ain't a bitch on me, then don't sip dick.

May 22, 2014
8:59 pm
twiztidkillaxxx2
twiztidkillaxxx2
Members
Forum Posts: 4364

Dumpster diving is fun and you find treasure

May 22, 2014
9:06 pm
chunk801
chunk801
Lehi,UT
Members
Forum Posts: 308

im not trying to be a dick but yeah they should of had the gathering out west in Colorado but i see why they did it out east/midwest from all the fam out there.. Its all good i've been to a couple gatherings and i had more than a fuckin great time

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
107 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

sunny992, levishang, loppoxz, morbidmikey, Promotionalows

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845