March 29, 2024
82 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Cops at the gathering
July 23, 2014
3:47 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
141sp_Permalink sp_Print

So whats the cop situation like? 

July 23, 2014
3:53 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148
142sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^^^^Troollllooooolllll

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

July 23, 2014
4:01 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199
143sp_Permalink sp_Print

I see that she got pulled over on the way, I was asking about once you are inside. 

But thanks for being a dick. 

July 24, 2014
12:18 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559
144sp_Permalink sp_Print

Despite those assurances, those planning to attend the Gathering remained leery. An entire forum post on juggalo website Faygoluvers.net remains dedicated to the subject, and its most recent posts lament the experience of Twitter user/lady juggalo @Dani2Dope77, who reported that she had her phone broken as cops searched her car somewhere in Ohio while en route to the Gathering -- though it should be noted that that search not conducted by the same police force that is on the grounds this year.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com.....w_2014.php

July 27, 2014
9:41 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
145sp_Permalink sp_Print

I actually got pulled over on the way there for speeding about 5-10 min from the venue. Got a ticket and was sent on my way. No search, no questioning, cop was chill and just gettin paid.

The only thing I saw inside the venue from the cops was nothing but love. There was a dude down the road from my site who was mad fucked up trippin balls one day and they ran across him and just made sure he was straight. The next day, they stopped and checked again with the dude, gave him some water, etc.

Only searching I saw inside was by event staff looking through coolers people were carrying in for glass. They weren't searching any cars from what I saw driving in.

July 28, 2014
6:44 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
146sp_Permalink sp_Print

im officially givin it up to the police at the gathering for being cool as fuck with us.  

the harshest thing i saw was a particular deputy who had a tiny bit of attitude, occasionally sayin shit like, 'get away from me.'  

thats it.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 28, 2014
1:15 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
147sp_Permalink sp_Print

I thought the cops were great, and did their job as a deterrent very effectively. People actually acted like civilized human beings this year, and the drug trade was barely visible out in the open. The cops didn't bother ANYONE for smoking weed, being drunk or carrying pipes/bongs, and I actually never heard of anyone having an incident where a cop asked them to stop doing something. I thought it was great, and this sort of presence should have been at Hogrock as well, IMO.

At one point, some guys were posted on the side of the road with paper plates with 9s and 10s on them, and held them up as girls walked by. When the cops would drive by, they've hold up -1 plates, and boo jokingly. It seemed like every golf cart of cops would stop and joke with them about how they had to be more attractive than -1 haha. Then, the lady cop rolled by one time, and they flashed 10s for her.

And right after ICP, maybe 3 or 4 golf carts of cops were lined up at the exit. As everyone walked by, I heard LOTS of people thank the cops for their help, give them daps and just generally be friendly and polite to them.

-Jules

July 28, 2014
2:13 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619
148sp_Permalink sp_Print

VeryTwiztidRaven said
I thought the cops were great, and did their job as a deterrent very effectively. People actually acted like civilized human beings this year, and the drug trade was barely visible out in the open. The cops didn't bother ANYONE for smoking weed, being drunk or carrying pipes/bongs, and I actually never heard of anyone having an incident where a cop asked them to stop doing something. I thought it was great, and this sort of presence should have been at Hogrock as well, IMO.

At one point, some guys were posted on the side of the road with paper plates with 9s and 10s on them, and held them up as girls walked by. When the cops would drive by, they've hold up -1 plates, and boo jokingly. It seemed like every golf cart of cops would stop and joke with them about how they had to be more attractive than -1 haha. Then, the lady cop rolled by one time, and they flashed 10s for her.

And right after ICP, maybe 3 or 4 golf carts of cops were lined up at the exit. As everyone walked by, I heard LOTS of people thank the cops for their help, give them daps and just generally be friendly and polite to them.

-Jules

this is very cool.Glad to hear they were chill with people.Seems like this gathering was a great one.Hopefully next year will be as dope.

April 20, 2015
12:02 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8163

PunkRockJuggalo said
From Hatchet Herald:

Due to the irrational fear the outside world holds for us, there are literally only a handful of places across the nation that would even host the Gathering. The main reason for this is because of the FBI unfairly labeling Juggalos a gang, which has caused us immense problems. 

Turns out the FBI has overstated evidence against criminal defendants for nearly twenty years. In some instances their lies have even led to executions. What a shocker.

shocker.gif

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb.....efendants/

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

April 21, 2015
5:53 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696
150sp_Permalink sp_Print

Holy thread necromancy, Batman! ;)

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
72 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

cryptoads12, ketofxerfarenheter, sunny992, levishang, loppoxz

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845