April 24, 2024
113 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Dark Carnival Charity Fund Raiser Concept 'er Sumthin'...?
July 7, 2018
9:16 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This is just a total brainfart I'm wafting out there into the ether...

"Penny Presses"!

Okay... ya know those things we've all seen in tourist traps and theme parks, where you stick a penny into a slot (for the cost of a few quarters), then you get to turn a crank and smoosh the penny down, rebranding it with some kind of "memorabilia worthy" memento to take home of your "day at the zoo" ('er whatever)...?

How fucken FRESH would it look to have a bunch of those kinda things (usually in big enclosures with steampunk lookin' gears so you can see your penny get flattened out), BUT... they would be pressing out DCG logos or ICP or the Hatchetman with the date of the GotJ printed around the edges...?!?!

They have these damn things set up for the DUMBEST of "attractions" from zoos to ferries to where Elvis took a shit one time... I have no idea what it takes to make one though.

The point being...

You come up with a few worthy Gathering designs. Each machine has a different image to press. The proceeds from each machine GO TO A DIFFERENT JUGGALO FUND or CHARITY...!

Fuck, (if it's easy) set them shits up at Psychopathic shows! ... as if it wouldn't "fit the mood"...!

For real though... I always thought those kinda machines were a fuckin' grift, yo.

"Oh gee... You mean that if  I happen to have a penny and then I also have four quarters.. than I "can", by virtue of my own hand turning a crank, take home what was once a legal piece of tender... transformed into an unusable piece of memorabilia to remind me of the time I rode down the log flume at Six Flags...?"

Knowing full well, that that is like giving someone on the street hailing their limo driver that very same dollar... and then him giving you a receipt...

BUT! What if you knew those four quarters were going to The Scrub Care Unit? Or to some Juggalo's medical bills? Or maybe to be put towards some other defense fund to help you when you get hooked up "under suspicion" for your Hatchetman?

If they had a bunch of those things lined up along Merchant's Row at a Gathering...?! Each one pressing out a different image and each one's proceeds going to a different function?!

Me, myself? I'd just hafta get them all! And all those charities would get that cranked-out karma from The Family with almost no overhead!

I guess I'm just thinkin' on some "Lost At The Carnival" kinda knowledge that can be used for good  instead of greed.

[it's just a fun thought, folks. we used to have those around here.]

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, ScottieD

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 7, 2018
9:28 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

didnt you and me talk about this exact idea before?  could swear.  

or was that someone else?  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 7, 2018
10:19 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Can't specifically recall that myself.

I'm sure there's some occasion in my head in which I've gotten into a conversation about penny presses with someone at some point in time, but... uh... let's chalk it up to some "universal consciousness" slash "I may have been fucked up at the time" type shit...

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 7, 2018
10:24 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

The idea is cool, but I feel like those machines peoproba require some initial capital that Psy isn't gonna wanna throw down.

Also these are probably 2/3 of the only posts of yours I could actually comprehend in the past 2 years.

Whoop Whoop Pigg :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Drunkalo, Noah Fence
July 7, 2018
10:37 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Pigg said

Also these are probably 2/3 of the only posts of yours I could actually comprehend in the past 2 years.  

What should that tell you?

At any rate... "Thank you"?

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 7, 2018
2:35 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8175

Rather than some steampunk tourist's wet dream, I'd prefer Lettes crushing beer cans with their boobs for $ to fund a Shriners Hospital for Children:

YouTube Video Women Crushes Beer Cans With Boob 

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

July 7, 2018
4:05 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members

Cheshyr said

What should that tell you?

At any rate... "Thank you"?  

It tells me that you the words you use are cryptic and esoteric? 

I don't get it are you trying to insult my intelligence or what? You used to post normally, then you became... Idk ? Just a different type of shitposter I guess.

July 7, 2018
5:10 pm
Skratchie
Skratchie
Members
Forum Posts: 277

I work with trains. Just send me some change and ill get it pressed with a smooth finish and no design for free (+Shipping)!

Whoop Whoop Skratchie :

scruffy
July 7, 2018
6:01 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Is it fucked up that i actually understand most of cheshyrs posts?

And i dont think ur a shit poster. U make me feel better. 

I like ur posts.

I think if u guys met this man u would get him.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

scruffy

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

July 7, 2018
6:30 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

Untilyou have to sign his coffin...

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

Skratchie
July 7, 2018
8:02 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Lol thats y'all i was like uh uh

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

July 7, 2018
9:09 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members

bayAreaShaman said
Is it fucked up that i actually understand most of cheshyrs posts?

And i dont think ur a shit poster. U make me feel better. 

I like ur posts.

I think if u guys met this man u would get him.  

I've met dude before. He's actually really cool. I just don't know what the fuck he's talking about on the forum lol

July 7, 2018
9:15 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

think i know what hes on about, most of the time.  more than half the time, anyway.  

it isnt so much 'comprehending' him, as it is...  like, as if, i know the code he is using, but i dont wanna take the time it would take to decode it.  

sumn like that.  

July 8, 2018
1:39 am
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

I never know what anybody is really saying cause I get distracted but @cheshyr since we on the subject why your posts got spoilers in them? Why is this? 

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

July 8, 2018
3:11 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

GanjaGoblin said
I never know what anybody is really saying cause I get distracted but @cheshyr since we on the subject why your posts got spoilers in them? Why is this?   

Spoilers = A choice.

Anyone that has anything to say to me... must have made a choice... the "depths" to which... are only as deep as you think I'm capable of going...

"I'm not nuthin' I haven't said I wasn't..."

... and I've never said I was better than anyone around here...

mmfwcl

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 8, 2018
3:19 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

@scruffy 

After having gone through the Rolodex in my brain...

I happened upon an entry from (possibly) a 17 circle where I had asked if there had ever been some kind of "penny press" put up in Mechant's Row in any previous Gathering, as that would be the kind of thing I'd wanna take home (given the DCG theme)...

I'm not sure if that included the charitable aspect of it... but considering that I had the same 'feels' about presses since before back then... I wouldn't put it past my recollection, that we did, in fact, have that full conversation about it.

...but that's an old, undated synapse...

...take from it what you will.

'~'=

Clownvis? What?

Florida sez huh?

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

scruffy

July 8, 2018
5:34 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

I have a feeling people would damage and/or steal the Penny Press. 

It would be fresh though, and people would use it. I would use it. 

You could just get a new set of plates made every year and then auction the old plates off in a couple of years. 

July 8, 2018
5:53 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

couldnt find any reliable price estimates for one of those machines, but gettin those plates made seems to run about three four five hundred.  

of course, all you really need is a rolling press, wouldnt necessarily have to be coin-op.  

still a hell of a lotta effort, though.  

July 8, 2018
6:05 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248

IyrTLHPm.jpg

Sounds like you all could use someone with access to a cnc? Come up with a solid idea, and ill do what I can to make it happen. Nothing happens overnight tho. So ill safely say that if its something serious yall wanna do, I could put one together by next DCG. I can start saving scrap materials now from work that will work. I cannot do a lot in a day, it will all happen slowly as I get the time and the empty machine. For me it will be challenging and fun.

After seeing the initial post yesterday I googled it and seen it takes a few tries to get the wheels to match perfectly to center the image on the coin. If we start spit balling now this should be more than feasible.

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

July 8, 2018
6:20 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Drunkalo said    
IyrTLHPm.jpg

Sounds like you all could use someone with access to a cnc? Come up with a solid idea, and ill do what I can to make it happen. Nothing happens overnight tho. So ill safely say that if its something serious yall wanna do, I could put one together by next DCG. I can start saving scrap materials now from work that will work. I cannot do a lot in a day, it will all happen slowly as I get the time and the empty machine. For me it will be challenging and fun.

After seeing the initial post yesterday I googled it and seen it takes a few tries to get the wheels to match perfectly to center the image on the coin. If we start spit balling now this should be more than feasible.     

seeing that fuckin machine makes me salivate.  

i would call it extremely challenging.  not so much the major points; like i say, all ya need is a press.  but the finer details of gettin it to function like it should, every time, thats some real engineering shit.  

tell ya what, though...  if you can bring this off, then you can put me down for ten percent of the costs.  for starters.  

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
92 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes, THC Edibles

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845