April 25, 2024
74 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
first gathering in my life. advice for first timers?
April 24, 2018
8:08 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MASTERWEEDO said

You let him in your tent and he will hold your own.  

The Mrs doesnt give up the booty when i get trashed. May offer the dude a spot in my tent if hes willing to perform certain feminine duties... (Completely kidding, maybe)

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

AncapEddie, MASTERWEEDO, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

April 24, 2018
8:40 pm
chickenhunter17
chickenhunter17
Members
Forum Posts: 20

im not sucking any dick and i am gonna have enough for food. even if i live those 4 days off of protein bars and peanut butter bread with the occasional meal out. this is my first rodeo but im not fucking this up. im putting my heart soul and every penny i can towards this. even if you ninjas think i'm gonna be a mooch i still love you all

Whoop Whoop chickenhunter17 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, AncapEddie
April 24, 2018
9:00 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

chickenhunter17 said
im not sucking any dick and i am gonna have enough for food. even if i live those 4 days off of protein bars and peanut butter bread with the occasional meal out. this is my first rodeo but im not fucking this up. im putting my heart soul and every penny i can towards this. even if you ninjas think i'm gonna be a mooch i still love you all  

I was completely kidding homie, honestly! Theres a difference in asking for one thing or repeatedly asking for thst thing over and over. Im a giver and feel bad for saying no, but the past 2 years weve gone thru at least 2 extra packs of smokes and about the same with soda and water. Not that i minded giving it away but it seemed it was to the same people repeatedly which just made them look like users. Made us look like suckers cause we just kept giving also...

Im thinking for the general public we should do an "items for barter" spot near the store. Things we have a plethora of and things were seeking... Gotta have something to get something. Odds are some ninjas are gonna be broke but have an extra something they can spare...

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, AncapEddie, chickenhunter17

April 24, 2018
9:07 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

Miss @sazarah, youve lurked long enough, with leaving very little to go on to get an idea of your personality. Im officially calling you out to an all out war, thumb wrestling match, to first blood! 

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, AncapEddie, scruffy, sazarah

April 24, 2018
9:12 pm
kingshiro
kingshiro
Members
Forum Posts: 52

Man if you're gonna subsist on protein bars, better bring some fiber pills.

Whoop Whoop kingshiro :

AncapEddie
April 24, 2018
9:33 pm
AncapEddie
AncapEddie
Members
Forum Posts: 8

chickenhunter17 said

Passport Im applying for when I get my next check on the 30th (on a disability) im applying at the passport office so it should definitely be in before july. as for the rest of the advice I shall heed it. not gonna bum any drugs/liquor only fucked with pot and I had to quit due to it making my hearing voices worse. want to be sober enough to remember every little detail of this giant fucked up family reunion :)  

If you've never crossed the border before, remember some meds are controlled substances in the US, so make sure you have copies of you scripts - they WILL throw that stuff away unless you prove they're yours.

Whoop Whoop AncapEddie :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 25, 2018
12:40 am
Karacalla
Members
Forum Posts: 1561

Been to 6 GOTJ, check it...

If your going by yourself and get there early the parking lot/line party is where its at, pregame, You will meet some vets of the festival and they will school you. Then they will feel you out a bit. (Not physically) If you seem legit you may get offered some...let's say, party favors, if you get my drift. Quick questions about ICP is how they determine if your the fuzz or not.

Beware, like in life, ninjas aint all the same. Most are easy breezy people, but some are scammers. Watch your stuff, make friends with your neighboring juggalos and agree to keep an eye on theirs and they will do the same, in most cases, OR they will be the ones rooting threw/selling all your stuff. It happens.

Bags of Socks?!? WTF? This kid ain't going to Vietnam. Bring enough cloths like you would when going camping. Personal Hygiene is up to you. You hook up with someone and you only brought enough cloths for two days out of a four day stay and you smelling like corn chips, that's on you brethren.

Remember the usual toiletries, food/drinks (Sky high $ for food from vendors), Extra cash (always take it with you..duh), Smokes, pre-charged battery brick for phones, laptops ect..ect... Coolers, sunscreen for that pale ass. Rubbers if you get lucky or pay for the neden.

Earplugs for the "Whoop, Whoops" all throughout the wee hours of the morning and for the drunk domestic disputes/Molly ninjas...who never sleep. Also for the sloppy drunk ninjas who are crying, telling you their life stories.

You can barter or ask, but don't take advantage of peoples kindness. Shit gets old very quick.

You never said how you were disabled, be prepared to stand/walk for a while.

Oh, a first aid kit comes in handy!

Have fun @ J's staring at the Sun contest, nah just fucking with ya on that one.

Whoop Whoop Karacalla :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

IMG_20180711_234840.jpg

April 25, 2018
2:08 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Karacalla said
Bags of Socks?!? WTF? This kid ain't going to Vietnam.

jeez, try not to overreact or anything.  one bag will do.  

Personal Hygiene is up to you. 

right.  some people probably enjoy shredding their feet. 

i dont, so, new socks.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

April 25, 2018
2:57 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

my best advice is think about how much water you expect to need and bring twice as much. Same with money. 

Also bring trash bags. 

Meet people, they'll help you out a lot. I suggest the village if it goes down, since you're here. 

Don't go into anybodies tent if they're selling you drugs.

Oh and protein bars and what not are great but bring jerky. I think splitoneopen brought some last year and I almost never eat that shit but he was like have at it so I did and OMG it gave me so much more energy than I imagined. Completely lifted me out of the This Gathering Sucks Blues that was going around OKC.

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

April 25, 2018
3:37 am
chickenhunter17
chickenhunter17
Members

Karacalla said
Been to 6 GOTJ, check it...

If your going by yourself and get there early the parking lot/line party is where its at, pregame, You will meet some vets of the festival and they will school you. Then they will feel you out a bit. (Not physically) If you seem legit you may get offered some...let's say, party favors, if you get my drift. Quick questions about ICP is how they determine if your the fuzz or not.

Beware, like in life, ninjas aint all the same. Most are easy breezy people, but some are scammers. Watch your stuff, make friends with your neighboring juggalos and agree to keep an eye on theirs and they will do the same, in most cases, OR they will be the ones rooting threw/selling all your stuff. It happens.

Bags of Socks?!? WTF? This kid ain't going to Vietnam. Bring enough cloths like you would when going camping. Personal Hygiene is up to you. You hook up with someone and you only brought enough cloths for two days out of a four day stay and you smelling like corn chips, that's on you brethren.

Remember the usual toiletries, food/drinks (Sky high $ for food from vendors), Extra cash (always take it with you..duh), Smokes, pre-charged battery brick for phones, laptops ect..ect... Coolers, sunscreen for that pale ass. Rubbers if you get lucky or pay for the neden.

Earplugs for the "Whoop, Whoops" all throughout the wee hours of the morning and for the drunk domestic disputes/Molly ninjas...who never sleep. Also for the sloppy drunk ninjas who are crying, telling you their life stories.

You can barter or ask, but don't take advantage of peoples kindness. Shit gets old very quick.

You never said how you were disabled, be prepared to stand/walk for a while.

Oh, a first aid kit comes in handy!

Have fun @ J's staring at the Sun contest, nah just fucking with ya on that one.  

bag of socks i meant one brand new 10 pack. i've had a lot of ninjas say they go thru socks like they're going out of style as for how i'm disabled its mental not physical. i'm schizophrenic (have a voice in my head no other symptoms) that'd be why i said i'm not doing drugs of any kind while there. pot makes me hear shit so not fucking with it or anything harder. at best i would have a beer but fuck that i want to remember this for the rest oc my life, not pass out and get drawn on

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Noah Fence
April 26, 2018
12:23 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
April 26, 2018
7:29 am
sazarah
sazarah
Members
Forum Posts: 47

Drunkalo said
Miss @sazarah, youve lurked long enough, with leaving very little to go on to get an idea of your personality. Im officially calling you out to an all out war, thumb wrestling match, to first blood!   

It's on! Lookin' forward to an all out thumb-war match! It'll be good to hang with you at the gathering! Yeah...i'm pretty quiet...kinda keeps one thinkin'... 

Whoop Whoop sazarah :

Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 26, 2018
7:45 am
chickenhunter17
chickenhunter17
Members
April 26, 2018
3:54 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

sazarah said

It's on! Lookin' forward to an all out thumb-war match! It'll be good to hang with you at the gathering! Yeah...i'm pretty quiet...kinda keeps one thinkin'...   

Aww shit...dont take it personal drunkalo but i put my money on sazarah

@chickenhunter17  watch gotj videos and try to find it on the map, its a good brain exercise that will make your first 24 hours go as smooth as possible....also expect things to go not as planned during the gathering, it most likely wont, especially when it comes to where you wanna camp and the shows you want to catch.

April 26, 2018
4:09 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

Dont worry about me homie, since i brought this up ive been vigorously doing thumb exercises and hand yoga. Got a fancy lucha libre thumb wrestling suit from etsy.

webmd_rf_photo_of_thumb_touch_exercise.jpgImage Enlarger

depositphotos_132519254-stock-illustration-like-strong-fitness-thumbs-up.jpgImage Enlarger

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

April 26, 2018
7:22 pm
chickenhunter17
chickenhunter17
Members

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

@chickenhunter17  watch gotj videos and try to find it on the map, its a good brain exercise that will make your first 24 hours go as smooth as possible....also expect things to go not as planned during the gathering, it most likely wont, especially when it comes to where you wanna camp and the shows you want to catch.  

camping as long as i can get somewhere to setup I'm not too picky about where. as for shows I only want to see both of icp's sets and green jello if they are there. anything after that is just icing on the cake ;D and I want to hit up the autograph tent but I already know that will be a wait and a half so if I can't I won't be too disappointed 

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 26, 2018
8:33 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

whats this?  thumb war tournament?  

yall are doomed.  dooooooomed.  

that reminds me.  still gotta find a ghetto hockey table somewhere nearby...  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

April 26, 2018
11:17 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

scruffy said

Ghetto hockey table?

April 27, 2018
6:12 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

scruffy said
whats this?  thumb war tournament?  

yall are doomed.  dooooooomed.  

Like air hockey? (probably need electricity for that, though)

Or something more like FoosBall?

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
April 27, 2018
7:38 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
66 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes, THC Edibles

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845