March 29, 2024
78 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
flh village stories
August 27, 2016
1:13 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
121sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yep. We bounced out pretty early too. Wish they would've done a Deadly Medley but I do appreciate the extra sleep.

Did take advantage of the nearby Sheetz (MTO!) to stock up on Faygo before the rush. Also experienced the wondrous world of Waffle House for the first time. Felt appropriate.

Whoop Whoop V_Ron :

scruffy
August 27, 2016
4:38 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said   
*  someone is gonna tell the beach lady story, right?  i wanna see someone else tell it.   

CellE2057 said

BEACH LADY

My brain was a little fried so correct any mistakes I make. Since no one else is chiming in on it, how about I start it off and someone else picks it up for a bit and passes it on? I'm curious to read everyone's take on it anyway. Also, why was she dubbed "beach lady"? I'm feelin super left out on the reason for the name.

The Meatup Massacre is going down, albeit late as fuck, when this middle aged, microwaved-hot dog-skinned, mophead-left in the bleach bucket too long-haired lady wearing a black sundress wanders in to the Village. Doesn't say shit. Doesn't really do anything. She just stands there staring at Shaman. He asks something (don't remember what) that is clearly translating to "the fuck are you doin, lady?" She says that she lost her kid. Thinking that there was some mishearing because she more or less whispered it to no one in particular, she's asked to clarify. Thus begins the madness that is "Beach lady". She starts screaming and crying, like, snot out the nose type of crying, and says some incoherent shit. That drew the attention of most of the people left not paying attention to the scene and a few people start approached her and trying to remedy the situation...

So...who wants to take over from there?  

scruffy said

well, okay. 

actually, let me back it up a second.  a lil earlier, maybe half an hour before, this lady appeared at my car.

i was stowin shit and comin to lock the car up, when i sees this woman slumped up against the open backseat.  i instantly thought, 'this bitch is tryin to be sneaky and steal my shit!', so, naturally, i wound up to football kick her in the face.  i quickly pulled up short, however, cuz i noticed she was holding her chest and half-sobbin/half-hyperventilating.  i think shes havin a health problem, talk to her for a second, she says, 'no, its just...  its just hard...' 

in the time it takes me to go to the other side of the car, get a water out of the cooler, and return, she has vanished.  i shrug. 

right.  sumn like twenty minutes later, the stuff that celle wrote up happens. 

bayareashaman comes up to me and says 'that crazy lady is back'.  obviously, this is gonna need dealt with.  im told that she is claimin she lost her kid, like its some code adam shit goin down right in the village, or who knows...  but time for action. 

the first thing that was odd [i mean, out-of-place, the whole thing was odd] was when ocj asked her if she had notified security yet.  she said yes, which made me wonder why the hell she was in our camp without security, when she should be standing next to a radio at all times. 

a little bit more sobby panicking and a whole lot more almost-understandable babble-speech later, and ive got her focused enough to at least realize that im kneeling in front of her.  i try to get basic facts: 

scruffy - 'listen, we need to know whats goin on, can you answer some questions for me?' 

beach lady - [sob]  'yes, i can.'  [sob]

scruffy - 'so, you said your child is missing?' 

beach lady - [sob]  'uh huh.'

scruffy - 'what happened?' 

beach lady - 'we were at the beach!  and i turned around, and he was gone!'  [hysterical sobbing] 

scruffy - 'the beach...?  okay, i have no more questions for you.  please stay seated, dont bother to stand up or anything, ill be right back.' 

at this point it is obvious that she is either off her meds or on someone elses, and that whatever plan of action is forthcoming, she aint gonna be on the planning committee. 

[to be continued by the next person to continue it...  yeah, theres more!]

Old Mr Dangerous said   

scruffy said   
those guys had me film a stale 'commercial' for their shit, but that tale is actually an asterisk at the end of the beach lady story.  a story that needs to be continued.  i wasnt around for much of the end part, so...  whos up...?    

I'm captivated and need to know the next chapter. popcornrasta_gif  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

August 27, 2016
9:19 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544
123sp_Permalink sp_Print

lol we can't even finish a story and Scottie D can write a whole book reviewing the gathering haha

Whoop Whoop JC :

scruffy, Skratchie, HopeB, CellE2057
September 11, 2016
8:54 pm
Potato-tan
Potato-tan
Members
Forum Posts: 172
124sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said

if we had a latin motto, it oughtta be 'socialus incorrectus, non fuquitus!'

Hominēs rudēs, non futuendī sunt.

"Awkward people, not to be fucked."

Futuō, futuere really is 'fuck' in the sense of sexual intercourse, but I don't know of any true parallel to to the definition of 'fuck' as in the phrase, "Don't fuck with me." Since I figure the more figurative uses of 'fuck' came from implications of being made a bitch by someone else, and therefor reflect the more literal 'fuck', futuō should work for our purposes.

Hi, sup, I'm minoring in Latin. I thought I'd do this instead of actual homework.

Potato, outtie.

Whoop Whoop Potato-tan :

Neverthrive, scruffy
September 12, 2016
4:36 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
125sp_Permalink sp_Print

Potato-tan said   
... but I don't know of any true parallel to to the definition of 'fuck' as in the phrase, "Don't fuck with me."  

irritate, bother, aggravate, harass, annoy, assail, attack, interfere with, yada blah et cetera. 

in the end, though, its a dead tongue anyway, and 'non fuquitus' just rolls right off the living tongue. 

dont get me wrong, great effort. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

MASTERWEEDO, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Potato-tan

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

September 12, 2016
3:49 pm
Potato-tan
Potato-tan
Members
Forum Posts: 172

scruffy said

Potato-tan said   
... but I don't know of any true parallel to to the definition of 'fuck' as in the phrase, "Don't fuck with me."  

irritate, bother, aggravate, harass, annoy, assail, attack, interfere with, yada blah et cetera. 

I meant I don't know of any words in Latin which have both the same meaning and the same sense of vulgarity. I know what "to fuck [with someone]" means...

Calling Latin dead is a bit of a misnomer, Living Latin is a thing. It's largely hobbyist or academic in nature, but it's definitely a thing. Also there's the endurance of New Latin in the sciences, particularly in taxonomy. Latin is alive and well, it's just a little niche. (And really not even that niche, more people know Latin than ‘Ōlelo Hawai‘i, and that's definitely considered a living language.)

Whoop Whoop Potato-tan :

scruffy
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online: ketofxerfarenheter
98 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

ketofxerfarenheter, sunny992, levishang, loppoxz, morbidmikey

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845