April 25, 2024
87 Guests and 2 Members Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering 2016 Faygoluvers Village Ineffectual Planning Thread
May 9, 2016
11:32 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Alright so... SHALL WE?

We gotta start somewhere with this shit, so let's get it under way.

How are we all thinking we're gonna manage to all end up camping together?

The only starter questions *I* can think of are: 1) who's ACTUALLY CONFIRMED as going? 2) who will be there Day 0 (lot party)? 3) what's your Pass situation? Balla RV/Car/Trailer? Personally, I have a car pass. If we have more or have trailer hitches involved (NOT RVs), we'd need to 1a) enter almost at the same time 1b) assemble our "sites" in such a way... 1c) have formed a consensus as to where we will ALL be happy camping for the week...

It's a big fuckin' ball of Christmas lights that need untanglin' if we are even gonna TRY this...!

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

JC, scruffy, CellE2057, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

May 9, 2016
11:51 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Cheshyr said 
Alright so... SHALL WE?   
The only starter questions *I* can think of are: 1) who's ACTUALLY CONFIRMED as going? 2) who will be there Day 0 (lot party)? 3) what's your Pass situation? Balla RV/Car/Trailer? Personally, I have a car pass. If we have more or have trailer hitches involved (NOT RVs), we'd need to 1a) enter almost at the same time 1b) assemble our "sites" in such a way... 1c) have formed a consensus as to where we will ALL be happy camping for the week...   
It's a big fuckin' ball of Christmas lights that need untanglin' if we are even gonna TRY this...!   

well... 

1]  is the first and most important thing that has to be established, and further who actually wants to be in the village.  ima be there and im down. 

2]  intend to be around day zero.  at least. 

3]  i spose ima get a car pass, but not if i cant get my fuckin car in...  gonna be a mess, no matter what, but i dont wanna have to hump all my stuff in and out again.  a lil coordination, though, and wed only need one or two cars total, to service the village as a whole.  maybe three or four, if it sprawled too much. 

1a]   not everybody, just enough people with enough gear to stake out a big enough claim to cover every hooch.  me and brendan alone easily snagged enough real estate for four campsites, with room for mitchell king left over.  1b]  an expedient, ad hoc assemblage that can/will be altered when the whole crew arrives.  1c]  toughest part, ultimately.  especially ahead of time. 

i say, designate runners and drivers, trust the runners to come up with whatever they can come up with, and trade lots of phone numbers [cuz realtime coordination will help more than any plan]. 

this is just the beginning. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

May 10, 2016
7:48 am
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859

I'm new to the forum an shit but My girl an myself will be going. We're planning on being there as soon as we can, got a 12 hour drive. We got a car pass so yea we down to village.

Whoop Whoop Split :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 10, 2016
8:24 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

scruffy said

Cheshyr said 
Alright so... SHALL WE?   

well... 

1]  is the first and most important thing that has to be established, and further who actually wants to be in the village.  ima be there and im down. 

2]  intend to be around day zero.  at least. 

3]  i spose ima get a car pass, but not if i cant get my fuckin car in...  gonna be a mess, no matter what, but i dont wanna have to hump all my stuff in and out again.  a lil coordination, though, and wed only need one or two cars total, to service the village as a whole.  maybe three or four, if it sprawled too much. 

1a]   not everybody, just enough people with enough gear to stake out a big enough claim to cover every hooch.  me and brendan alone easily snagged enough real estate for four campsites, with room for mitchell king left over.  1b]  an expedient, ad hoc assemblage that can/will be altered when the whole crew arrives.  1c]  toughest part, ultimately.  especially ahead of time. 

i say, designate runners and drivers, trust the runners to come up with whatever they can come up with, and trade lots of phone numbers [cuz realtime coordination will help more than any plan]. 

this is just the beginning. 

1) I'm ordering my ticket on Friday. I will be there. I'm down for being in the village. I'm still going solo so that would be good if I camped near people I know...well know from here. 

2) I will be there day 0. Do people really get there before that?

3)I'm not getting a car pass. My plan is to get in there as soon as possible and set up my site. I can be apart of the people going in to claim our territory. 

It is key IMO that we do have some form of real time communication. I suggested a phone app if people didn't want to exchange numbers. I have no problem giving you guys my number. Day 0 is huge for us to be able to meet up and have a strategy. Obviously everyone will be getting there at different times but the ones who get there on day 0 will be the ones who can make or break this whole thing. I'm glad that this is being talked about now. I was hoping to camp near you guys but didn't want to impose. I'm all for making this work. whatever you guys need from me lemme know

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 10, 2016
1:33 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

phreakcore said

2) I will be there day 0. Do people really get there before that?

Yes. Yes they do. There are those who show up a WEEK early and camp out in the lot across the street or out of sight areas (they let them last year at least). Personally, I think that's dumb. While there's something to be said for being there so early that you can't help but be first in line, as far as the act making anything think they are "Gathering Harder", yer just wasting resources. They don't get to wander the grounds, there's barely anyone else there and were it not for the fact that Legend Valley is close enough to "civilization" (you can easily get yerself fed n'such) you're going through all your supplies DAYS before... but for what?! It's like showing up to a house party four hours before anyone gets there with nothing to do but twiddle yer thumbs and stare at your hosts as they arrange the furniture... meh.

ANYWAY!

I agree with all of the above posts.

The way I see it, this Village thing can only be the result of those that arrive Day 0 AND have all formed a group ALREADY when they let the flood gates open. *IF* that manages to happen, THEN those with car passes (including myself) can carry the rest into the grounds, and those WITHOUT car passes can go in and stake our claim... however THAT can only happen AFTER we've all gotten together and decided on where that place will be...

It IS a pain in the ass and FAILURE IS ALWAYS AN OPTION and that will more than likely not have ANYthing to do with a lack of best intentions... HOWEVER!!!... mobbing up like this would have SOOOO many advantages! Those with cars can be of benefit to those without when it comes to locking shit up, power options and some kinda audio... and those without cars will have to do their part on the other end with other shit like finding our spot(s). The cars will be important to get in there as depending on how may we have, we can totally circle the wagons as it were and truly have a "space". If need be we can do the math on just how much space we can take up (as per the Rules) but other than those places directly on a dirt road, it's a free-for-all.

If we were all arriving together as a group to the place, none of this would be NEARLY as difficult a prospect. But as we are all arriving from different places at different times, Day 0 determines if this concept lives or dies. If we can't meet up and form a group BEFORE they start taking tickets then we will have a bitch of a time getting the cars together before they start letting people IN.

This year I'm goin' straight up militant about getting my shit BEFORE the sun comes up and WAY before they open!!! No booze or smoke that's gonna make me sleepy until I get that fuckin' charm around my neck and that shoelace around my wrist!

Sidenote: Once anyone gets there, they should send a snap of where they are in relation to some structure and post around here so that others can come find you (on top of whatever other comms we got going).

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

May 10, 2016
2:53 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

Cheshyr said
Alright so... SHALL WE?

1.  I'm going and am down for the village

2. I will be there probably evening of day 0...I would at least like to get there while it's still light outside.    

3.  I don't plan on getting a car pass.  However, if someone who does have a car pass would be willing to haul some of my heavier gear in for me, I would be happy to pay and would very much appreciate it. 

I can help out however we think is most efficient.  

I have no idea what to expect with the ticket line but plan on being there right before the sun starts to rise. What time did they start passing out stuff last year?   I'm also not drinking on day 0...though I am planning on getting some sleep.  

mobbing up is the only way I see to at least give us a chance of making this work.  Exchanging numbers would def. be easiest for me.   

There's a lot to think about and figuring out who is actually going to be there is the first step...the good part is that a lot of us have been there before and know the layout...

Whoop Whoop JC :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 10, 2016
3:12 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

communication aside, its all about the runners. 

im tellin ya...  me and one or two others, through the gate rush with two tents and a tarp or canopy each, oughtta be enough to set up a relatively large site.  just a matter of throwin all the gear over as big an area as possible, and then [important] not backin down when/if someone else comes along lookin to set up there.  keep bodies on the site until it is complete.  planting a flag or three would help. 

after that, just gotta shuttle everybody and their shit to the site.  probably mostly using the shuttles at the ends of our legs. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 10, 2016
3:51 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

I wont have a car pass and i wanna try and get there during nite zero (2 am). I dont wanna set up a tent across the street and have to scramble to take it down to hop in line. Of course if i get a ride from a random instead of my homie ill be subjected to their time and not my wants. But if i am able to get there when i want to id be down to b a runner wit scruffy. It would be nice to get there that nite that way all u OGs can guide this newb thru da battlefield in da morning. So whut time would u all wake up and get across the street to start the line and whut time do they usually start lettin us in. I hope i can find some adderall for that morning, its my cocaine, that way id be good 4 a marathon run.

May 10, 2016
4:25 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

the_smack said

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said
I wont have a car pass and i wanna try and get there during nite zero (2 am). I dont wanna set up a tent across the street and have to scramble to take it down to hop in line. Of course if i get a ride from a random instead of my homie ill be subjected to their time and not my wants. But if i am able to get there when i want to id be down to b a runner wit scruffy. It would be nice to get there that nite that way all u OGs can guide this newb thru da battlefield in da morning. So whut time would u all wake up and get across the street to start the line and whut time do they usually start lettin us in. I hope i can find some adderall for that morning, its my cocaine, that way id be good 4 a marathon run.

why do you always type in ebonics?? like seriously man you come off as a full blown retard the way you type maybe its the adderall??? drugs are bad dont be a junkie.

Thats just the way u percieve it dude so stop preaching. Are u the pope of trolls or sumtin, cuz im tired of u tellin people whut to do and say. Im on a phone its easier to type shorthand. Fyi i dont fuck wit any pills at all, including OTC's. I only want one for that day since coffee, energy drinks/pills and cocaine do nothing for me at all. The last time i had an adderall was in 2005 and i was up for 3 nights.. yes u are right pharmaceutical drugs are bad, but im no junkie, all i fucks wit is weed, shrooms and lsd, none of which are addictive.

May 10, 2016
4:43 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

the_smack said
aight u go boy u go all da way tru to da gathering an u an ya boy scruffy can cuddle all ya want dere.

loco

Why are u even on this thread neways, i dont go on the wrestling or hockey threads u love sooo much and talk shit about how stupid that shit is, imo. This just shows that all u do is go thru threads and belittle any1 just to boost ur self esteem, common troll psyche. Now quit derailing the thread juffalo.

May 10, 2016
6:20 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said 
So whut time would u all wake up and get across the street to start the line   

ahh haha haaah hah hahaaah...!  'wake up'... 

you will already be awake, and you will already be across the street, or you will probably be missin out on sumn, and/or subjecting yourself to further clusterfucking. 

and whut time do they usually start lettin us in.  

i wont laugh at this, cuz the truth is, whenever they feel like it.  probably in the early to mid-morning. 

just gotta keep you ears peeled.  and even then, cant completely trust what your hear;  theyll tell us anything to get us outta their faces with our dumb questions. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 10, 2016
8:39 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Im going where we were last year.  Anyone who is with me is with me, it was a decent spot and theres space for all of us.  I will be up when gates open and will share my number via pm to anyone who wants it from here.  I would conceivably need about three or four runners with me and a roll of caution tape.  with that I can secure a space for as many people as I know I need to.  

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

CellE2057, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

May 10, 2016
8:51 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

scruffy said

im tellin ya...  me and one or two others, through the gate rush with two tents and a tarp or canopy each, oughtta be enough to set up a relatively large site.  just a matter of throwin all the gear over as big an area as possible, and then [important] not backin down when/if someone else comes along lookin to set up there.  keep bodies on the site until it is complete.  planting a flag or three would help. 

^ My fiancee did that by herself (within an hr or two while I waited in the vehicle line) and setup the whole site for an 8 person tent, shower, table/chairs, and room for a large SUV. That was after having to leave the first two sites because we found out last minute they were tents only. If one person can do all that, two or three should be able to school some shit. 

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 10, 2016
9:05 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

OCJ_Brendan said 
... and a roll of caution tape.    

nobody pays any attention to caution tape.  i damn sure dont. 

better to use bodies.  bodies have to be argued with, and maybe removed, to get past em. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 10, 2016
9:19 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members

scruffy said

OCJ_Brendan said 
... and a roll of caution tape.    

nobody pays any attention to caution tape.  i damn sure dont. 

better to use bodies.  bodies have to be argued with, and maybe removed, to get past em. 

Fair enough.  You know weve got this together.  I had no idea where I was going last year, this year I do so im targeted.  No wasting time so we should be goood go....gathering willing that is.  You and I were both pretty damn swift last year compared to the average ninja.  we just wasted a bit of time mulling over potential spots honestly.  The spot im staking will have area for all of us who were there last year, with as much additional space as possible.  Anyone who wants in better get the fuck up and carpe diem with me at assfuck o clock after a night of steady drinking and smoking.  

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

May 10, 2016
9:23 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

Moats work as well...

Image Enlarger

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 10, 2016
10:26 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members

Carnivalkilla44 said
Moats work as well...

Image Enlarger

I briefly pondered this at Hogrock the year or two I actually got OCJ to come out in force.  Needless to say I really liked our spot that year lol.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 10, 2016
11:16 pm
DrFreshness
DrFreshness
Members
Forum Posts: 596

I will definitely be there not sure when but willing to wear a vest stuffed with C4 and make necessary threats.  Does that help?

Whoop Whoop DrFreshness :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
ma I ohw tnia I nmaddog
map deman sehctib taf gib nikcuf syawla m'I
May 11, 2016
12:24 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

scruffy said

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said 
So whut time would u all wake up and get across the street to start the line   

ahh haha haaah hah hahaaah...!  'wake up'... 

you will already be awake, and you will already be across the street, or you will probably be missin out on sumn, and/or subjecting yourself to further clusterfucking. 

and whut time do they usually start lettin us in.  

i wont laugh at this, cuz the truth is, whenever they feel like it.  probably in the early to mid-morning. 

just gotta keep you ears peeled.  and even then, cant completely trust what your hear;  theyll tell us anything to get us outta their faces with our dumb questions. 

To piggyback off this, I got there day 0 around 11 am and parked across the street. I couldn't park in the lot on the map because the gate was closed. I parked and checked out the ticket office. No one was there and no one knew anything. Later in the day I heard they were gonna open the parking lot after the ballers were in so people could park there. Never happened....I could go on and on but I won't. No matter what you hear, get there and find out what you can and be audible ready. If you see a large group of people assembling, odds are thats the place you wanna be. 

OCJ_Brendan said
  I would conceivably need about three or four runners with me and a roll of caution tape.  with that I can secure a space for as many people as I know I need to.  

I'm in. I know Legend Valley well and can carry whatever to wherever. I'll pm you my number before I head there. My plan is to get there and meet up with you guys. From there its on. I'll be ready when they open the gates. I ain't fuckin around this year 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 11, 2016
1:01 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

I'm there. Where needed.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

Nyro, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online: genocide_cutter
77 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes, THC Edibles

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845