April 25, 2024
115 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering 2016 Faygoluvers Village Ineffectual Planning Thread
June 6, 2016
11:08 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
181sp_Permalink sp_Print

CellE2057 said
I remember skimming some thread on here (was it this one? I don't remember. My heads been a little cloudy as of late) and vaguely remember the grilling ninjas now being a committee and that times/locations have gotten more specific. Pretty sure any date/location works for me but once I get the gumption to find it I'll elaborate. 

We talked about day 2 around 2 or so. I'm sure after the village is set up and the meet up massacre times are confirmed we will have more of a definite time. I just cooked burgers on my grill and I can fit about 4 to 6 depending on the size so we will need another grill if not 2 to get this done fairly swiftly. As far as what we are gonna cook, I think it depends on who wants what and what people wanna chip in for. Burgers/dogs/brats are cool with me. 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

HopeB, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 7, 2016
1:17 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151
182sp_Permalink sp_Print

@phreakcore i think so. Its less hassle. 50 bucks is good. U could always move it to wherever ur chillin after words.

@celle2057 the itty bitty tittie committee. But yeah its looking like day too.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

Nyro, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

June 7, 2016
1:33 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
183sp_Permalink sp_Print

phreakcore said
We talked about day 2 around 2 or so. I'm sure after the village is set up and the meet up massacre times are confirmed we will have more of a definite time. I just cooked burgers on my grill and I can fit about 4 to 6 depending on the size so we will need another grill if not 2 to get this done fairly swiftly. As far as what we are gonna cook, I think it depends on who wants what and what people wanna chip in for. Burgers/dogs/brats are cool with me.   

I think mine can hold about that, depending on size and whatnot. If we want to avoid cross contamination (some ninjas are vegetarians/vegans/pescetarians/other things I'm not hip to, I can handle nonmeats. If that's a nonissue I can grill some meat too. I'm definitely bringing some corn/potatoes though. That shit won't go bad and is pretty low hassle as far as grilling goes. I'll chip in some cash for whatever too. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 7, 2016
5:44 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518
184sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Tidwell said
@v_ron are you gonna wanna camp with the group or are you and your homie gonna wanna camp elsewhere? If elsewhere, am I setting up camp near you? Do you care?  

Not at all! I'll have to talk with my friend. She's the navigator and I'm the rookie.

June 7, 2016
8:20 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151
185sp_Permalink sp_Print

@v_ron not even a meet up massacre?

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

Nyro, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

June 7, 2016
9:51 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members

bayAreaShaman said
@v_ron not even a meet up massacre?  

But of course! I planned on meeting up with everyone. I was referring to @robtidwell setting up camp near us. lol 

Whoop Whoop V_Ron :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 8, 2016
1:43 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825
187sp_Permalink sp_Print

bayAreaShaman said
v_ron not even a meet up massacre?  

c'mon son! v rizzle is gonna be all up in that shizzle

Whoop Whoop Mr. Tidwell :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 9, 2016
3:04 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
188sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Tidwell said

c'mon son! v rizzle is gonna be all up in that shizzle  

Looking like an over caffeinated child on Christmas morning.

Whoop Whoop V_Ron :

Mr. Tidwell, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 23, 2016
4:26 pm
spawn
spawn
Members
Forum Posts: 42
189sp_Permalink sp_Print

We'll be pulling around 9am on the 19th when is everyone else who's planning to camp together getting there? Just wondering if we'll have any chance of meeting up and getting the vehicle to the spot with getting there at that time.

How many people are usually there by then? Whats the line and parking lot situation like? Anything like hog rock?

Whoop Whoop spawn :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 23, 2016
5:17 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
190sp_Permalink sp_Print

We have done that time on Tuesday every year at Legend Valley. There will be plenty of people there at that time. Some there from the night before.

I am not camping with the group but I will probably have a faygoluver's shirt if I can find @scottied before the gates open. If you find me, I will point you to @scruffy if you haven't found him by then. He is easy to recognize even if you have never seen him in person. I had never met him before and recognized him immediately. His avatar picture is surprisingly accurate even if he does not have his hair like that at the time.

The line and parking lot party has been different both times at Legend Valley. I think it will be hard to predict what it will be like. Hopefully the parking lot party will be like 2 years ago and not like last year. The way they set it up last year was not conducive to a massive party scene.

Adapt and it is hard to fail. Plan to be fluid in your plans. It will work out. 

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
June 23, 2016
5:32 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
191sp_Permalink sp_Print

Psyral Infection said
We have done that time on Tuesday every year at Legend Valley. There will be plenty of people there at that time. Some there from the night before.

I am not camping with the group but I will probably have a faygoluver's shirt if I can find @scottied before the gates open. If you find me, I will point you to @scruffy if you haven't found him by then. He is easy to recognize even if you have never seen him in person. I had never met him before and recognized him immediately. His avatar picture is surprisingly accurate even if he does not have his hair like that at the time.

The line and parking lot party has been different both times at Legend Valley. I think it will be hard to predict what it will be like. Hopefully the parking lot party will be like 2 years ago and not like last year. The way they set it up last year was not conducive to a massive party scene.

Adapt and it is hard to fail. Plan to be fluid in your plans. It will work out.   

I just dont understand why u wouldnt want to be apart of the epic village that will prolly only happen once in a lifetime. Fuck the meetup massacre we are having a gathering within the gathering.

I think living wit eachother for the gatherin will only make the forums that much better in the long run and we would have such a huge presence there that maybe it would result in more noobs to the forums and mayb bring back the OGs from flh past

June 23, 2016
5:39 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
192sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

I just dont understand why u wouldnt want to be apart of the epic village that will prolly only happen once in a lifetime. Fuck the meetup massacre we are having a gathering within the gathering.

I think living wit eachother for the gatherin will only make the forums that much better in the long run and we would have such a huge presence there that maybe it would result in more noobs to the forums and mayb bring back the OGs from flh past  

I will already be inside before the gates open and already have set up camp the night before. Plus I like camping around people I do not know every year. Making new friends and all. I will visit the village. Especially since the Meetup Massacres will be there. Plus I am going to be running at least one of the games we are doing during the Meetup. And yes, prizes to be won!

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
June 23, 2016
5:40 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148
193sp_Permalink sp_Print

@psyral-infection tries to camp next to new people every year.  Its alot of fun to do that and you meet new people every year.  Lol at @spookythefungi's expectations for the FLH village.  Aim for the stars grasshopper!

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

Psyral, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

June 23, 2016
5:55 pm
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859
194sp_Permalink sp_Print

We'll be there later Tuesday hopefully, if all goes smoothly.

Looking forward to meetin an chillen!batmanninjabatman

Whoop Whoop Split :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 23, 2016
5:57 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
195sp_Permalink sp_Print

OCJ_Brendan said
@psyral-infection tries to camp next to new people every year.  Its alot of fun to do that and you meet new people every year.  Lol at @spookythefungi's expectations for the FLH village.  Aim for the stars grasshopper!  

Well i believe there is gonna b quite a few new peeps at the flh village, including me, just sayin. But its all good homie do whut u wanna do, i dont want any1 to do sumtin they dont wanna do. ill see u there, cant wait to win sum prizes, even if its an nsync sticker.

June 23, 2016
8:28 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Psyral Infection said   
Especially since the Meetup Massacres will be there.    

they will? 

i mean, its logical, seems likely n all...  but i dont think the massacre places or times have actually been established yet. 

[edit for afterthought] 

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said   
... the epic village that will prolly only happen once in a lifetime. Fuck the meetup massacre we are having a gathering within the gathering.      

could be once in a lifetime. 

could also be merely the first of many.  i mean, look at how far the massacres have progressed. 

keep it up long enough, and psy will have to start reserving a faygoluvers section, or some shit. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

June 23, 2016
9:28 pm
spawn
spawn
Members
Forum Posts: 42
197sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like to camp by new people too.  But wouldn't ya know I've never met any of ya soooo new people right?

Whoop Whoop spawn :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, JC
June 25, 2016
1:18 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Just an update on the flag...

The first panel is done and it looks GREAT! I'm gonna keep it basic, focusing on visibility rather than branding; so I'm gonna forgo putting any letting on it (like FLH or something). I'm fairly certain everyone will recognize it when they see it. Not to mention the pole design itself.

About that. The pipe fitting of the two different sizes that make up the flagpole SO perfectly fit, that I'm afraid that if I tried putting two coats of paint (in order to complete the barber pole swirl that will be on the base) that the smaller of the two won't slide as easily when extending...

I really liked someone's idea of putting banner ribbons so we can sign them each year n'such BUT... I was thinking that another idea would be to use Sharpies and have everyone SIGN THE POLE! It could be like when you mark kid's heights on a door frame and we'd all sign the pole the same way marking each year's Massacre attendees so that when the flag is fully extended it would look like a timeline/ruler!

Anyway, I really think you'll all like the result and I gotta say it's lookin' official as fuck! Better than I thought I'd end up making, TBH.

I don't have hosting right now but I'll post pictures as soon as I have something closer to being finished to show you!

'~'=

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

scruffy, JC, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

June 25, 2016
3:12 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
199sp_Permalink sp_Print

Phew!

Okay... I jumped through the hoops of old email addresses and image hosting accounts and hope this works.

Here's a picture from about 10 steps and a week and a half ago... Just to let ya know what I'm workin' with.

Image Enlarger

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

June 25, 2016
3:39 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Cheshyr said    
[see above]     

aw shit. 

by the way, the attachments are supposed to be working now.  i believe. 

skizzers.gif

[edit]

yeah, it would appear. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

PunkRockJuggalo, Carnivalkilla44, Psyral

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
116 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845