April 24, 2024
92 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering 2016 Faygoluvers Village Ineffectual Planning Thread
June 25, 2016
7:56 pm
18 years down
Members
Forum Posts: 151
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have a ballers pass and so far I'm going alone. If anyone wants to set up shop with me hit me up asap. [email protected]. all I ask is don't be an asshole and don't steal from me.

Whoop Whoop 18 years down :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 25, 2016
8:11 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199
202sp_Permalink sp_Print

Asking juggalos to get fucked up for 4 or 5 days straight and not be an asshole is unreasonable. 

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 25, 2016
10:38 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
203sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheshyr said
Just an update on the flag...

I really liked someone's idea of putting banner ribbons so we can sign them each year n'such BUT... I was thinking that another idea would be to use Sharpies and have everyone SIGN THE POLE! It could be like when you mark kid's heights on a door frame and we'd all sign the pole the same way marking each year's Massacre attendees so that when the flag is fully extended it would look like a timeline/ruler!

phreakcore said
@scruffy how about a spot to put your autograph your username the year your there. kinda like how they put your name on the stanley cup when you win. "FLH GOTJ Class of 2016"

YES!!!!!!! #SIGNTHEPOLE

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 27, 2016
12:52 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
204sp_Permalink sp_Print

ARGH!

The second panel/side of the flag got fucked up. THe stencil paper stuck to the edges of the fabric and tore some off and there's bits of paper stuck to it...

Now I gotta go and get more material and paint then sew the damn thing blah blah blah.

The first one came out SO perfect I guess something was gonna screw me later down the line for it. There's still time to get it all done.

The pole's lookin' good though!

This flag idea of mine is turning into a $40+ project!

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, bayAreaShaman, CellE2057

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

June 29, 2016
11:49 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

Cheshyr said 

ARGH!

The second panel/side of the flag got fucked up. THe stencil paper stuck to the edges of the fabric and tore some off and there's bits of paper stuck to it...

Now I gotta go and get more material and paint then sew the damn thing blah blah blah.

The first one came out SO perfect I guess something was gonna screw me later down the line for it. There's still time to get it all done.

The pole's lookin' good though!

This flag idea of mine is turning into a $40+ project!  

I'm sure you've already thought of this but considering how much time/effort/money you've already put in, I thought I'd mention it. 

Might want to clear cote whatever parts you don't want signed. Getting it all the way there and then ruined because you drop it in water or something would fucking suck. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 30, 2016
5:50 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
206sp_Permalink sp_Print

So wit time running out and my resources dry, im prolly gonna have to borrow my girlfriends car to get to the gathering. Wit that being i prolly cant partake in the gate rush since i have to wait to park the car. Unless im able to park it prior to the opening. Or sum peeps get the spot established wit sum ninja tactics, then i wont have to stress.

June 30, 2016
7:23 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148
207sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said
So wit time running out and my resources dry, im prolly gonna have to borrow my girlfriends car to get to the gathering. Wit that being i prolly cant partake in the gate rush since i have to wait to park the car. Unless im able to park it prior to the opening. Or sum peeps get the spot established wit sum ninja tactics, then i wont have to stress.  

Dude you park, walk in, then come back and move the car at your leisure after unless your getting a car pass...thats different.

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

June 30, 2016
9:09 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
208sp_Permalink sp_Print

According the the futurecast from AccuWeather.com. it's gonna be a wet one this year. At least one major thunderstorm said to happen on the first day as well as some rain BEFORE the lot party.

Mud is in the forecast.

Pack your rain gear and stock up on tarps and zip ties!

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

June 30, 2016
9:27 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
209sp_Permalink sp_Print

OCJ_Brendan said

Dude you park, walk in, then come back and move the car at your leisure after unless your getting a car pass...thats different.  

DUDE, imma newb park where? Across the street? I wont get towed?

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

bayAreaShaman
June 30, 2016
9:33 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544
210sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

you just leave your car wherever they happened to park you the night before.  (everyone does so I don't think you need to worry about getting towed) Then once your tent is set up or whatever you can go re-park your car to whatever location, if they are even having people move cars, or if you are not blocked in at that point, or whatever.  There won't necessarily be clear instructions for anyone to follow, you just kinda go with the flow most of the time. hope this helps 

Whoop Whoop JC :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, OCJ_Brendan, scruffy
June 30, 2016
10:07 pm
spawn
spawn
Members
Forum Posts: 42
211sp_Permalink sp_Print

With getting there in the am in Tuesday is my parking situation going to be different since i have a car pass? Never been to legend valley so i have no clue how that all works.

Whoop Whoop spawn :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 30, 2016
10:19 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
212sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

Just to clarify ninja it seems like sometimes you take exception to how I respond to your posts...meaning that you think im either irritated or talking down to you when I respond.  Im not I just come off curt and sarcastic alot of the time.  My response post was only intended to help ya out buddy i just wanted to decrease your stress.  My bad if it doesn't come off that way to you.

@jc put it perfectly as to how it goes.

Dont stress about it much if you manage to find Scruffy (he literally is easy as fuck to locate), or any of the rest of us.  We will help you and whoever else get in nice and smooth.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

June 30, 2016
10:25 pm
CellE2057
Members
213sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheshyr said
According the the futurecast from AccuWeather.com. it's gonna be a wet one this year. At least one major thunderstorm said to happen on the first day as well as some rain BEFORE the lot party.

Mud is in the forecast.

Pack your rain gear and stock up on tarps and zip ties!  

Just checked it and it looked like all sunshine but having lived in Ohio all my life, there's really no way whatsoever to know what the weather is going to be like until you get there.

It never hurts to grab a rain poncho and throw it in your tent just in case either way though. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
June 30, 2016
10:37 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
214sp_Permalink sp_Print

CellE2057 said

Just checked it and it looked like all sunshine but having lived in Ohio all my life, there's really no way whatsoever to know what the weather is going to be like until you get there.

It never hurts to grab a rain poncho and throw it in your tent just in case either way though.   

Having been through almost every type of weather situation possible (except of course snow) across my spread of trips to the gathering at three locations rain gear is a crucial item even if it never rains a drop.  

In short if your bring it good on ya if you dont need it, the other way around has you wearing a trash bag while the shit in your tent gets varying degrees of soaked and ruined.  

If anyone with a little extra space who plans on camping with the FLH forum and wants to be a possible hero get an extra tarp and some rope.  It will help you or someone less prepared out alot in situations of either heavy sun or rain. They also are super dope to have under an old tent that might not be waterproof anymore.

We used to drive through Ohio end to end on I 70 at least four times a year every year as a kid.  I swear no matter what it rained somewhere in that state in the form of a thunder cell or two no matter what time of year it was.  Ohio weather is unpredictable and usually whatever you dont want.  Last year was great tho imo.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

June 30, 2016
10:42 pm
CellE2057
Members
215sp_Permalink sp_Print

OCJ_Brendan said

Having been through almost every type of weather situation possible (except of course snow) across my spread of trips to the gathering at three locations rain gear is a crucial item even if it never rains a drop.  

In short if your bring it good on ya if you dont need it, the other way around has you wearing a trash bag while the shit in your tent gets varying degrees of soaked and ruined.  

If anyone with a little extra space who plans on camping with the FLH forum and wants to be a possible hero get an extra tarp and some rope.  It will help you or someone less prepared out alot in situations of either heavy sun or rain. They also are super dope to have under an old tent that might not be waterproof anymore.

We used to drive through Ohio end to end on I 70 at least four times a year every year as a kid.  I swear no matter what it rained somewhere in that state in the form of a thunder cell or two no matter what time of year it was.  Ohio weather is unpredictable and usually whatever you dont want.  Last year was great tho imo.  

Our tent has a porch type of deal to get out of the weather and we're bringin an extra tarp/rope for whatever so that's something. 

Yeah, last years weather was an oddity for Ohio. It was actually consistent. Don't expect that this year. It was a rarity and should be treated as such. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 1, 2016
4:38 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
216sp_Permalink sp_Print

OCJ_Brendan said

Just to clarify ninja it seems like sometimes you take exception to how I respond to your posts...meaning that you think im either irritated or talking down to you when I respond.  Im not I just come off curt and sarcastic alot of the time.  My response post was only intended to help ya out buddy i just wanted to decrease your stress.  My bad if it doesn't come off that way to you.

@jc put it perfectly as to how it goes.

Dont stress about it much if you manage to find Scruffy (he literally is easy as fuck to locate), or any of the rest of us.  We will help you and whoever else get in nice and smooth.  

I didnt feel like u were being condescending, i just wanted to be sarcastic back, no worries homie, much luv ninja, see EVERYONE there.

July 1, 2016
5:10 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

http://www.accuweather.com/en/.....er/2212491

But that's a few weeks away and it can always change. Like the weather n'shit... That's the forecast as of this posting.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

JC said

you just leave your car wherever they happened to park you the night before.  (everyone does so I don't think you need to worry about getting towed) Then once your tent is set up or whatever you can go re-park your car to whatever location, if they are even having people move cars, or if you are not blocked in at that point, or whatever.  There won't necessarily be clear instructions for anyone to follow, you just kinda go with the flow most of the time. hope this helps   

Possible attempt at clarification:

As of LAST YEAR (cuz it was not the same as the year before it); They closed off what is referred to as the "main parking lot" (despite having MORE than enough room to take on more; probably because SOME tards showed up DAYS before and had been camping out there since). Everyone that showed up for Day 0 either had to park "across the street' (which is actually part of the whole Legend Valley camping complex for OTHER festivals they host but for The Gathering is just the pre-party overflow lot) as well as in the parking lot of the candle store next to it. Later that night they made everyone in THAT lot move across the street.

The next day, when they began to take cars into the ACTUAL lot, they did so via whoever was in line with the roundabout road that leads directly into LV (refer to your google maps n'shit).

@spookythefungi So what they are telling you is that unless you intend to take your car into the grounds with a Car Pass, you will be able to get inside and set up camp with enough time to go BACK to your car (be it across the street or in a place in the "main lot" you'd rather move it from anyway) without a problem.

THERE IS A POINT WHERE THEY WILL START TO TOW CARS FROM THE LOT ACROSS THE STREET IF NOT MOVED INTO THE MAIN LOT!!!

If I recall last year there was only one car left over there and they actually made "the announcement" over the Main Stage PA to tell whoever to get it over... and that was around, like, sometime just before the sun was gonna set (I remember Hoodoo was either going on or finishing his set).

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 1, 2016
8:14 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
218sp_Permalink sp_Print

The one thing I will say about parking across the street is that if your able to park close to the road or have a spot where you have quick access out of the lot...TAKE IT. I remember it was a line that turned into multiple lines and people driving across lines just to get out of that lot across the street (this was around 7 or 8 am...maybe 9) I think they even had the heavies routing traffic. I remember having to bust the right out of the parking (south on 13) and driving about half a mile and turning into a parking lot to u turn and go back the other way to get in line to enter legend valley via making a right into the parking lot. I guess they didn't just want a bunch of people just jutting out into the main rd. 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 2, 2016
3:16 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467
219sp_Permalink sp_Print

Been hella busy at work this week but have been in a good mood because in two weeks it's time to fucking gather! Constantly thinking about it, made a band/event itinerary, I've been getting supplies and I've even had a few dreams about it. 

I don't think I've been this excited about anything since the time GWAR killed me onstage and gave me an Oderus mask. 

It'll be my first but I'm already certain it won't be my last.

..speaking of bud, I'll bring some packed away in our luggage but I don't really feel comfortable bringing anything else on the Greyhound (I know, the shit that smells more than anything is what I'm bringing but I needz my green!) anything else we are hoping to find there

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

bayAreaShaman, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 2, 2016
4:16 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Well, bitches...

It seems like the universe just does NOT want me to finish making this fuckin' flag without putting me through a wringer first!

Apparently, in the time it took me to make the first panel and fuck up the second... (measured by a couple WEEKS) "they" discontinued the fuckin' PAINT I used! I went to THREE STORES TODAY and where once was a wall FULL of this shit, is now replaced with the shitty "soft fabric paint" (ie thread bleeding, tie-dye bullshit).

So now I got a perfect SIDE of a flag with no way to match it on the other... hammerkilljoyhammerkilljoyhammerkilljoyhammer

HOWEVER...

During the first round of paint/color tests, I also bought a few other colors to try. So I have ONE(1) small can of black, pink and purple. I also have red but the fabric material color is red so that's kinda out from the start. The obvious first choice is using the purple BUT if the head clogs or the shit runs out before I get a good coverage... THAT'S IT! I'll have to finish up with whatever I got left.

Another option is to get more graphic-y about it, do it in pink and then splash the other paints on it or try to do graff bubbles. But it would be such a stark contrast to the image on the other side, the whole thing would make it look REAL damn hokey...

Argh!

Cross yer fingers. I'll post a picture of the "Green Faygoman" side shortly. So ya'll can at least see what the "GOOD SIDE" looks like. yell

oh ps.

Went to Party City and their wigs are between $15-$26. Off-season pricing I'm sure, cuz I don't recall them being that expensive for Halloween. The clown wig style is only $10 but I wasn't wanting to use those. Not really the "effect" I think is needed (a bunch of clown wigs). So I'm gonna keep looking. I'm not paying more than $10 (in a NON-clown style) for something I'm literally just gonna throw away.

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
84 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes, THC Edibles

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845