April 20, 2024
57 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering 2016 Faygoluvers Village Ineffectual Planning Thread
July 2, 2016
4:35 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
221sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheshyr said    
Another option is to get more graphic-y about it, do it in pink and then splash the other paints on it or try to do graff bubbles. But it would be such a stark contrast to the image on the other side, the whole thing would make it look REAL damn hokey...    

id try that.  i mean, it aint gonna match anyway, so, might as well play around with it. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 2, 2016
6:10 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467
222sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'd say don't worry about matching the two sides. Get creative and do your thing and it'll look great regardless.

I'm certainly interested in seeing what you come up with. 

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 2, 2016
6:27 pm
Skratchie
Skratchie
Members
Forum Posts: 277
223sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you put your spray paint can in a bucket of hot water for about 10-15 mins it will make the paint more consistent and less likely to clump when spraying

Whoop Whoop Skratchie :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 3, 2016
8:44 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
224sp_Permalink sp_Print

I've acquired a total of nine wigs now!

wigs.jpgImage Enlarger

-Jules

Whoop Whoop VeryTwiztidRaven :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Cheshyr, Nyro
July 8, 2016
2:37 pm
Skratchie
Skratchie
Members
Forum Posts: 277
225sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just went to my local goodwill outlet store and fuckin SCORED on wigs. There was a fat bag of them so I bought all I could which was about 13 I believe. I have some extras now for some of you if you couldn't find any

Whoop Whoop Skratchie :

Cheshyr, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, VeryTwiztidRaven
July 8, 2016
3:01 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

@verytwiztidraven and @skratchie That's the SHIT, you guys! I'm not having as good luck in my own search. I'll have to throw a $10 or something at ya if I ultimately can't find some on my own for the damn thing! shots

Here ya go, kids! This will be the final preview before the whole flag/pole is finished.

Image Enlarger

The "first panel" is on the left. The new one is on the right and is actually purple but it looks like an off black color unless it's in bright light. They are CLEAN and EXACT which is what I was going for. Visibility.

The poles at the top of the picture are longer than the framing shows.

SO... "All I have to do" now... is:

Sew the two panels together, assemble the poles and size the flag for the loops/straps/connector thingies that will hang from the crossbar and pole (having to hem and sew those on as well), drill holes into the flagpole, cut dowels to size to be used as retention pegs to hold the extension up, drill holes into THOSE to make pull tabs with the smaller wooden dowels, drill holes for the rope tension line that will go from the crossbar to the top of the pole and spray a clear coat on the whole thing (less the flag) to prevent the inside of the PVC from scratching all my striping paintwork off.

Still a LOT of work to be done but the walking on eggshells bit of fucking around with temperamental stencil shit is OVER and I'm very proud of the results so far. loco

Of course I will be posting a picture of the final result so all you bitches know where to find the fuckin' party at the Faygoluvers Village!!! Whoop Whoop!!! 11 DAYS LEFT!!!

'~'=

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

phreakcore, Neverthrive, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Skratchie, scruffy, bayAreaShaman, deathmetaljuggalo, V_Ron, CellE2057

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 8, 2016
9:43 pm
Nyro
Members
Forum Posts: 2139
227sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wish I could go. The more I get to know some of you the more I get bummed I can not go this year.

Whoop Whoop Nyro :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 8, 2016
10:09 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
228sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nyro said
Wish I could go. The more I get to know some of you the more I get bummed I can not go this year.  

actually, we have a thread for that somewhere around here...  think ima drag it back up. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 8, 2016
11:55 pm
spawn
spawn
Members
Forum Posts: 42
229sp_Permalink sp_Print

That flag looks dope as fuck if we end up not bein able to camp with you guys dont look at me like who the fuck is you when come say "what up i am spawn" lol

Whoop Whoop spawn :

bayAreaShaman, Cheshyr, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 9, 2016
11:09 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
230sp_Permalink sp_Print

Skratchie said
Just went to my local goodwill outlet store and fuckin SCORED on wigs. There was a fat bag of them so I bought all I could which was about 13 I believe. I have some extras now for some of you if you couldn't find any  

This is the shit, dude! I have 10 now, so we have 23 wigs!! Plus Scruffy has one for himself. I'm going to the Goodwill outlet tomorrow, so hopefully I will find more. I joked that we'd have 30 wigs being thrown, but at this rate, we really might actually have 30! haha

-Jules

Whoop Whoop VeryTwiztidRaven :

Cheshyr, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 10, 2016
12:16 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
231sp_Permalink sp_Print

VeryTwiztidRaven said   
... Plus Scruffy has one for himself.  ...  

three, actually.  was gonna slap together a few more, but now its lookin like it wont be necessary. 

plus, like i said, theyre really more like scalps, than wigs, anyway.  

spawn said 
That flag looks dope as fuck if we end up not bein able to camp with you guys dont look at me like who the fuck is you when come say "what up i am spawn" lol   

wouldnt do ya, man.  all good. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 11, 2016
8:46 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Today was supposed to be the final build day on the flag. I would have it done and out of the way of other shit I gotta worry about...

HOWEVER...

As we've already learned, the universe just does NOT want this flag completed.

While putting the flag itself through it's final few runs, our "fancy" sewing machine that can thread itself n'shit (that has BARELY been used for major projects)... well... it's guts just fuckin' exploded. Up until now, it has been working just fine. No setting had been changed since sewing the individual panels the other day; it hasn't even been touched. But while sewing together those two pieces, the thing just commits fuckin' suicide!

SO... The completion of this project has officially gone into the $100dollar range as I will need to go buy my mother a new sewing machine tomorrow so that it can be finished.

If I manage to get this thing to the fuckin' Gathering, I BETTER get some karma back for running this obstacle course in the form of this flag achieving what it's supposed to and getting us all to gather together! FUCK!

hammerrasta_gifkilljoy

oh yeah, and the battery charger for my drill has suddenly gone missing and I have about a quarter charge left on it. So I'll have to get a new one'a those as well. fml

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 11, 2016
11:32 pm
DrFreshness
DrFreshness
Members
Forum Posts: 596
233sp_Permalink sp_Print

OK so I will be rolling up Wednesday night for sure.  Would love to camp in the village, but from what I read here it sounds like shit will be pretty chaotic at the beginning and I shouldn't expect anyone to be able to save me a spot.  So- if anyone is able to save me a spot for my two person tent, that would be dope as fuck and I'll owe ya one, let me know here or by PM.  

Also, does my supposition that it won't be possible to save me a spot sound right to y'all?  If so I'll just look to set up somewhere else when I get there, but if not I'll make sure to find someone from here first to check.

Either way, can't wait to see everyone at the meetups.  Just bought me a big ass cooler with wheels, which I plan to be toting a good quantity of cold beer in for the occaison.

Whoop Whoop DrFreshness :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
ma I ohw tnia I nmaddog
map deman sehctib taf gib nikcuf syawla m'I
July 12, 2016
12:28 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
234sp_Permalink sp_Print

DrFreshness said
OK so I will be rolling up Wednesday night for sure.  Would love to camp in the village, but from what I read here it sounds like shit will be pretty chaotic at the beginning and I shouldn't expect anyone to be able to save me a spot.  So- if anyone is able to save me a spot for my two person tent, that would be dope as fuck and I'll owe ya one, let me know here or by PM.  

Also, does my supposition that it won't be possible to save me a spot sound right to y'all?  If so I'll just look to set up somewhere else when I get there, but if not I'll make sure to find someone from here first to check.

Either way, can't wait to see everyone at the meetups.  Just bought me a big ass cooler with wheels, which I plan to be toting a good quantity of cold beer in for the occaison.  

who knows homie. i guess it depends on the spot, how many people, and how much gear are in the village once its up. I would at least head to the village when you get there. if all you got is a 2 person tent there might be a spot there or if not maybe in close proximity. i say who knows because it seems like once they open the gates its gonna be a mad dash and wherever we set up might be in a crowded area. 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

DrFreshness, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 12, 2016
8:54 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

I hope u can be part of it Doc.

Hows everyone going along?

I got my canopy. Im going to rent a pick up so im bringing my medium sized Webber.

That pick up might come in handy.....

I got rope, tarp clamps and im going to buy extra bungee cord.

Oh and i found thus bomb ass carne asada adobada seasoning sauce thats gonna make u flip.

Im going to buy my meat here. Season it. Freeze it. Buy a fat ass foam cooler fill it with dry ice. By the way im bring extra dry ice.

I work in a freezer and ive had various perishable certifications. So in other words my paranoia will keep u safe full and off the shitter in the blazing sun. I dont want to risk not having enough meat at wall mart and acouple other things....

Ill make some meat with out the stuff in case you guys dont like spicy shit. 

Im going to buy a big ass box bugers. Im going to buy the rest of the shit over there. 

U know bread lettuce tomatoes and what not. 

I will bring mustard, ketchup , relish, mayo and flatware.

OH! I bought a two burner colman camping stove. That will come in handy. Not having to use coals every time u need to heat some shit. 

So what kind of sides yall like for BBQS. I eat guacamole and rice lol. So yeah....ideas would be nice. Potato salad and baked beans? Corn.....

MOTHA FUCKEN CAPRI SUNS BITCH!

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

July 12, 2016
9:41 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
236sp_Permalink sp_Print

im more or less good to go now.  currently freezing all my water bottles solid, which always takes longer than it seems, so i started a few days ago. 

got a couple minor items to pick up, but mostly all i got left to do is unpack the gathering bag, go over everything to be sure its right, repack it. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

bayAreaShaman, DrFreshness, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 12, 2016
10:26 pm
DrFreshness
DrFreshness
Members
Forum Posts: 596
237sp_Permalink sp_Print

bayAreaShaman said

MOTHA FUCKEN CAPRI SUNS BITCH!  

All day every day muthafucka!  Party like a 9 year old soccer player!

Whoop Whoop DrFreshness :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
ma I ohw tnia I nmaddog
map deman sehctib taf gib nikcuf syawla m'I
July 12, 2016
10:31 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
238sp_Permalink sp_Print

LITTLE SLICES OF ORANGES ALL UP IN THIS BITCH!!!!

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

July 12, 2016
10:45 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
239sp_Permalink sp_Print

so, freshness, about savin space... 

ima try to arrange for a lil bit of extra real estate, for latecomers or contingencies or whatever.  i promise nothin. 

wednesday night isnt really all that late of an arrival, but expect difficulty.  by that time, most spots big enough for a tent will have a tent on em.  figure by thursday afternoon, latest, itll be as packed as it will get, and fire marshal bubba will be runnin around fuckin things up for us. 

however it works out, i highly recommend that you swap phone numbers with somebody anybody who is villaging and gonna be there early.  after about monday morning or so, that will rapidly become the primary communication network.  if youre in touch, we can better accommodate. 

DrFreshness said  

this struck me as hilariously funny.  pictured a buncha kids filmin a capri sun commercial at a gathering. 

'getting that pile-on lapdance from four busey girls sure made me thirsty, coach!' 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

July 12, 2016
11:15 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
240sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said

DrFreshness said  

this struck me as hilariously funny.  pictured a buncha kids filmin a capri sun commercial at a gathering. 

'getting that pile-on lapdance from four busey girls sure made me thirsty, coach!'   

Heh heh

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
53 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845