April 19, 2024
57 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering 2016 Faygoluvers Village Ineffectual Planning Thread
July 12, 2016
11:35 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
241sp_Permalink sp_Print

fuck, you guys are making me realize that I'm not ready for the gathering at all.  I still need to buy tons of stuff, haven't even started packing or getting anything from storage...  I haven't even decided what car I'm bringing lol. (old SUV that could have problems, or newer car that doesn't have as much storage space...thoughts?)  I mean, I honestly usually wait until the day before to actually pack, but usually I at least have everything by now, and have various overly-specific lists written out.  

I feel like for a number of years I was getting more prepared for every gathering, accumulating gear and what not, and then the last year or so my stuff has gotten old and started to break and now I need to buy new gear and start over.  I planned to order a bunch of stuff online but apparently I'm a really bad procrastinator so now I just have to hope that Walmart has everything that I need.  (I really feel the need to say: Ninjas going to your first gathering...don't be like me.  Start packing now.)  

Whoop Whoop JC :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 12, 2016
11:57 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151
242sp_Permalink sp_Print

I say the new car. That way no worries. Unless u absolutely need the room. 

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

JC, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

July 15, 2016
11:48 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
243sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm getting there early as fuck on Tuesday and I plan on getting as many spots in the Village as possible first (well, after getting my charm and shit) and lugging all my gear in after that. Not sure who all might need my number but Scruffy, Shaman, and Brendan all have it (I think) so if one of you wanna pass it around that's cool. You have it because I trust your judgement. 

bayAreaShaman said

Oh and i found thus bomb ass carne asada adobada seasoning sauce thats gonna make u flip.

idk what that is but I want some of it on some type of edible something. My little camp spice rack is already packed up and ready to go so there'll be a few things to play around with when you're cooking. You ever used tandoori seasoning? I've been cooking everything with that shit as of late so I'm bringing that with me. 

Im going to buy a big ass box bugers. Im going to buy the rest of the shit over there. 

Aren't you and uh...someone whose name skips me at the moment...going out to get some shit once you get there? I think Mary was going to do the same thing so maybe you two can figure out a halfies situation to save wallets.

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

bayAreaShaman, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 16, 2016
12:49 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
244sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice i dint know what that us but it sounds good! @celle2057

I got all my meats seasoned and frozen. Hopefully i bought enough i got 25 pounds. 

I bought a box of 60 burgers.

Im making sandwiches for my long ass ride. All i saw was subway on the way last year so fuck that i can do it better.

Uhhhhhh im buying a can of baked beans.

Im leaving tomorrow after brit gets off work!!!!! shots

Im going to sleep in!!!! Im callin in sick tomorrow!!!!!!!!

phreakcore, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 16, 2016
8:16 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
245sp_Permalink sp_Print

bayAreaShaman said
Nice i dint know what that us but it sounds good! @celle2057

I got all my meats seasoned and frozen. Hopefully i bought enough i got 25 pounds. 

I bought a box of 60 burgers.

Im making sandwiches for my long ass ride. All i saw was subway on the way last year so fuck that i can do it better.

Uhhhhhh im buying a can of baked beans.

Im leaving tomorrow after brit gets off work!!!!! shots

Im going to sleep in!!!! Im callin in sick tomorrow!!!!!!!!  

Holy shit Shaman that's a lot of meat. I got meat envy lol. I still might marinade something or I might pull some wild card move before I go for some day 0 eats. I'll coordinate with you want we need for the food run for the bbq and I'm down for chipping in for whatever. I sent you my number in PM if you wanna text or talk about the bbq or whatever just hit me up. I'm leaving early tues morning. It's about a 7 hour drive. Be safe driving

Oh and I just remembered...I got a 6 foot folding table too for the village. Might come in handy to put all the food and stuff on.

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 16, 2016
8:34 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
246sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds good guys! Im already having fun. 

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 16, 2016
4:36 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
247sp_Permalink sp_Print

I should have a picture for everyone of the flag for tomorrow (Sunday). It's pretty much all done, I just gotta spray on a clear coat.

I kinda surprised myself as to HOW TALL this thing actually is (and weighty) as I constructed the majority of it horizontally and never really got a chance to stand it up until after I made the retention pegs to hold it together as it would be used... That's just in it's DOWN position!

...an' I'll tell ya now, if you can't or don't see this muthafucker... yer either blind as FUCK or are just too short to see over the grass cuz this thing is TALL! And that's not even with the thing extended for stationary use!

Ain't no missin' this!

It'll do the job of callin' bitches out to be sure!

Can't wait to see what you guys think of it and how well it does that job!

'~'=

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

scruffy, PunkRockJuggalo, CellE2057, Skratchie, JC, bayAreaShaman, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, djscrubb

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 16, 2016
11:50 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
248sp_Permalink sp_Print

I've impressed myself. I am actually 100% packed and ready to go already, with two and a half days to go before I leave. I'm always waiting til the last minute for something (gotta do laundry, gotta run to Walmart for something, etc), but nope...everything's ready already.

I'm contributing a bubble blowing machine and a bottle of bubbles to the camp. 

I'm gonna make one more swing by the Goodwilll in search of wigs tomorrow. The ten I have are already packed up!

So, about 6 years ago, I bought 7 cans of the original 4Loko with the intent of reselling them (they became illegal, then I found these and snapped them up, but then discovered that Craigslist and eBay won't let you sell them on there). They're now 6 years old, and I have no idea if they're drinkable or not. If I bring these, do we have any ninjas brave enough to crack them open and see if they're still good? These are the 6% alcohol...so two beers worth of alcohol and three energy drinks worth of caffeine. I kinda want to sell them, but they may have turned and wouldn't be drinkable. Or maybe they fermented and are extra strong now?? haha

-Jules

Whoop Whoop VeryTwiztidRaven :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 17, 2016
12:26 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
249sp_Permalink sp_Print

im basicly ready to go now.  hell, i was basicly ready to go fifty weeks ago. 

theres a couple details im deliberately waitin til the last minute to take care of, but other than that, sqwo. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 17, 2016
3:14 am
CellE2057
Members
250sp_Permalink sp_Print

VeryTwiztidRaven said
I've impressed myself. I am actually 100% packed and ready to go already, with two and a half days to go before I leave. I'm always waiting til the last minute for something (gotta do laundry, gotta run to Walmart for something, etc), but nope...everything's ready already.

I'm contributing a bubble blowing machine and a bottle of bubbles to the camp. 

I'm gonna make one more swing by the Goodwilll in search of wigs tomorrow. The ten I have are already packed up!

So, about 6 years ago, I bought 7 cans of the original 4Loko with the intent of reselling them (they became illegal, then I found these and snapped them up, but then discovered that Craigslist and eBay won't let you sell them on there). They're now 6 years old, and I have no idea if they're drinkable or not. If I bring these, do we have any ninjas brave enough to crack them open and see if they're still good? These are the 6% alcohol...so two beers worth of alcohol and three energy drinks worth of caffeine. I kinda want to sell them, but they may have turned and wouldn't be drinkable. Or maybe they fermented and are extra strong now?? haha

-Jules  

As long as I'm not the only one trying one, I'm down. That shit wasn't good when it was cold off the shelf but in the name of science, it has to be done. 

Finally got my ticket yesterday and have all my stuff together. Just need to put it all in various bags and whatnot. 

July 17, 2016
4:34 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Another Village Note: I know many of you will be contributing to the grilling/BBQing so there will no shortage of flames...

As I have the last few years without use... I will be bringing with me an actual *fireplace grill* (a shitty old one from my home I recently replaced with a new one) that has an under-mesh) for the purposes of a "camp fire" (location and tent space allowing, of course).

I also have a' couple of toys to play with if a Village fire is "doable". (Otherwise I'll be the weirdo throwing cool shit into other people's fires.... Bizarro World bound...).

I'll be bringing a few starter bricks with me and I'll throw down to get some wood "officially" from Legend Valley (seeing as they got some rule about bringing outside wood into the venue (probably something to do with bringing in tree diseases 'er some shit).

I just remember that after Main Stage or anything after midnight, it was always nice to have a fire burning to lead you back to your tent to pass out. cool

ps

Assuming the Village happens, I am NOT down with burning garbage at the end! I will have big garbage bags and will put them out! I do NOT want just any kinda shit burnt! That's not to say I wouldn't be down to have some ninja burn a couch in front of us... but I don't want every piece of plastic and random shit thrown into the fire on the last night... Best way to get me enviro-pissy.

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

bayAreaShaman, deathmetaljuggalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 17, 2016
4:43 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
252sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheshyr said  
I just remember that after Main Stage or anything after midnight, it was always nice to have a fire burning to lead you back to your tent to pass out.   

if you mean, lead you from the fire pit to your tent, okay. 

if you mean, light a fire and walk away from it for a few hours, no.  no. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, JC

July 17, 2016
4:44 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
253sp_Permalink sp_Print

Lol at the old school for loco and the burning couch...

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 17, 2016
2:34 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

my girl and i won't really be traveling with anything but snacks so anybody that is cool with having us along for a food run is a hero. we can chip in for sure, just not traveling by greyhound with a cooler of chicken and other perishables. 

a fire would be awesome. we also got a box of cool fire color changing shit so mutlicolored flames all night!

cannot believe this is real and my ass is actually going to the gathering. it was always "next year" and this is MY year. my wig is going to be blown before the seminar.. somebody catch that shit for me!

ninja 

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, JC, djscrubb
July 17, 2016
9:46 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544
255sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well shit guys, I really hope I can get there in time to be a part of the village.  I was planning on getting in on Tuesday...and then I spent this morning in the emergency room.  I may have a blood clot in my calf muscle, and am getting an ultrasound in the morning to figure out what is going on (ultrasound tech isn't in on Sundays).  But the hospital sent me home for the night so hopefully that's a good sign and it will turn out to be nothing.  Well, except the pain that makes it hard to walk...that should make the gathering extra fun lol.  Would appreciate any thoughts/prayers/energy, and hope to see everyone soon!  MCL

Whoop Whoop JC :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 17, 2016
9:56 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467
256sp_Permalink sp_Print

Damn man! 

even in my sleep and in my nightmares tonight you are in my thoughts.

you got this and look forward to meeting you. 

stay strong, drive safe and if you don't make it and it is for the better of your health YOU DO IT!

but hope you gather!

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 17, 2016
10:09 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
257sp_Permalink sp_Print

if you cant make it in on time, but can still make it in, we can probably figure a way to squeeze in an extra tent. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 17, 2016
11:10 pm
CellE2057
Members
258sp_Permalink sp_Print

JC said
Well shit guys, I really hope I can get there in time to be a part of the village.  I was planning on getting in on Tuesday...and then I spent this morning in the emergency room.  I may have a blood clot in my calf muscle, and am getting an ultrasound in the morning to figure out what is going on (ultrasound tech isn't in on Sundays).  But the hospital sent me home for the night so hopefully that's a good sign and it will turn out to be nothing.  Well, except the pain that makes it hard to walk...that should make the gathering extra fun lol.  Would appreciate any thoughts/prayers/energy, and hope to see everyone soon!  MCL  

Damn. That sounds rather unpleasant. Health comes first, yo. Better to miss one year just to make sure you're good than to potentially miss ALL the years because you didn't take it serious. I hope it all works out though, for real. Also:

scruffy said
if you cant make it in on time, but can still make it in, we can probably figure a way to squeeze in an extra tent.   

^this^

Shit can get rearranged and Tetrised to accommodate. In theory, anyway. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 17, 2016
11:39 pm
SteWieH
Members
Forum Posts: 4
259sp_Permalink sp_Print

For someone who has never been to legends Valley.... Where exactly is the FLH valley supposed to be at?

also we still doing the Waffle House meet up on sunday and when?

Whoop Whoop SteWieH :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 17, 2016
11:42 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
260sp_Permalink sp_Print

SteWieH said
For someone who has never been to legends Valley.... Where exactly is the FLH valley supposed to be at?   

send me a pm. 

also we still doing the Waffle House meet up on sunday and when?   

shrug? 

way i see it, stuff like this will be arranged on the fly.  probably around saturday night.  or half an hour before. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
75 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845