April 23, 2024
16 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering 2016 Faygoluvers Village Ineffectual Planning Thread
July 8, 2018
7:58 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
301sp_Permalink sp_Print

maybe nobody got a problem with nobody, and it turns out anybody campin in the village is cool.  

that would be the shit.  

i wont even try to evaluate the likeliness of it, though.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 8, 2018
8:00 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151
302sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said
maybe nobody got a problem with nobody, and it turns out anybody campin in the village is cool.  

that would be the shit.  

i wont even try to evaluate the likeliness of it, though.    

Bro im playing the shit out in my head and i cant see why not.

Like u less knew shit pops up.

U guys are gonna alright.

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

July 8, 2018
8:04 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
303sp_Permalink sp_Print

Like what type of weird shit did i create that u guys dont want to me credit for lol

July 8, 2018
8:57 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248
304sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds promising yall, mom and dad may not be getting divorced! 

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

July 9, 2018
1:29 am
MitchellKing
MitchellKing
Members
Forum Posts: 316

I just wanna know what district people are gonna be camping in so I can be in the general neighborhood. Has the district been decided on? I haven't looked through every post and idk how y'all usually do it.

EDIT: I know most of y'all don't really know me, but some of you do. And some of you do and just don't remember because I don't post on the forum too much. I'm kinda half-inviting myself along here but I'm village friendly. I just wanna kick it with the crew that was there in 2015 and 2017 and not have to walk 20 minutes across the grounds to get there.

Whoop Whoop MitchellKing :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 9, 2018
2:10 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
306sp_Permalink sp_Print

MitchellKing said     
I just wanna know what district people are gonna be camping in so I can be in the general neighborhood. Has the district been decided on? I haven't looked through every post and idk how y'all usually do it.   
EDIT: I know most of y'all don't really know me, but some of you do. And some of you do and just don't remember because I don't post on the forum too much. I'm kinda half-inviting myself along here but I'm village friendly. I just wanna kick it with the crew that was there in 2015 and 2017 and not have to walk 20 minutes across the grounds to get there.     

i dont think any spots have been selected.  

as a default, im gonna go with the traditional spot, or nearby.  i think.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 9, 2018
4:25 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
307sp_Permalink sp_Print

MitchellKing said

Of course we welcome you!

Send me a pm so I can remember to hit you up after work today. 

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

MitchellKing
July 9, 2018
6:18 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
308sp_Permalink sp_Print

We need to get word to Psy that we want a best decorated camp award. That would be bad ass, everyone would bring extra freshness, would be a lot of crazy/interesting shit to see. Kind of thinking the large groups would/should be excluded due to having more bodies and it would be unfair. 

July 9, 2018
6:31 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
309sp_Permalink sp_Print

Screenshot_2018-07-09-07-28-00.pngImage Enlarger

May wanna pack some wet gear fam. Knock on wood, say a prayer,  Shaman do that feather thing with the smoke. 

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

Carnivalkilla44, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 9, 2018
6:53 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
310sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds like good sleeping weather to me!

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 9, 2018
7:03 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
311sp_Permalink sp_Print

Carnivalkilla44 said
Sounds like good sleeping weather to me!  

https://goo.gl/images/gRs9Qq

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

Carnivalkilla44

July 9, 2018
7:06 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
312sp_Permalink sp_Print

Most probably passed out. However, those AM showers would be nice to get a few extra hrs in in the AM. 

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 9, 2018
8:08 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
313sp_Permalink sp_Print

CellE2057 said

Cheshyr said
Just an observation...
This shit right here... IS THE SYMPTOM OF THE PROBLEM...

Either my joke went over your head or your joke went over mine. Regardless, I do believe this is another example of why the internet needs a sarcasm font. Chesh, for the record I do not think that we should have three separate camps because we can't decide on a name. That would be dumb. Seems like you would know better considering the conversations that we've had about the "Village". 

No, no.

I was alluding to the previous conversations about "The Village is over" to which (you may recall) I said something to the effect of, "It is, if you say it is". The Village idea is of Faygoluvers gathering together. If Faygoluvers are at odds with each other and wanna start splintering, then yes, Spooky's comment would have been correct in that moment.

And I'll concede to the idea that, if need be, we'll spread out a bit more. But THAT is NOT the Village. Nothing to blame. Well, actually there is. But those things can be discussed AT THE GATHERING.

If it doesn't work out the way it was able to in the past, that's fine too! YER STILL AT THE GATHERING, muthafako! There's NO down-side to THAT, yo! All good things!

I spent my first few Gatherings all by myself and every time enjoyed it more and more until I didn't hafta Gather solo (and would prefer not to).

I'll be the first one to preach all day to you about the "evils of social media" and what it's done to us but more than anything else, it's allowed people to think that "all wounds are magically healed" just as soon as the blood (or shit) is wiped from the screen. But it doesn't; forcing people to have to answer the question, "What are you gonna do about it?". And when people's impotence of being able to "strike back" at the ones that hurt them, the answer to that question became what happened at DCG Con. THAT is what they did about it and what did the Juggalos do about that? They rejected that hate and discovered newfound karma that made ripples all over the Juggalo world.

We must reject the Faygohaters that are allowed to live in this Forum and Gather as best and as hard as we can.

This shit is seasonal around here. Every year, sometime around June-ish, all the people that spent the year trolling everyone else start to go on "charm offenses" and because memories are short and nobody likes to READ... everyone else forgets what was said or done before. Some don't. Those attacks, those "cuts" are still there. Unhealed.

It's time to stop the bleeding. Gather.

I got enough fuckin' anxiety about driving there and back again in an unfamiliar vehicle all by myself on a 12hr round trip to be worrying about what might happen once I fuckin' get there! Just GET THERE, homies. Nothing else happens until after that.

Peace

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Psyral

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 10, 2018
12:07 am
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544
314sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheshyr said

I'll be the first one to preach all day to you about the "evils of social media" and what it's done to us but more than anything else, it's allowed people to think that "all wounds are magically healed" just as soon as the blood (or shit) is wiped from the screen. But it doesn't; forcing people to have to answer the question, "What are you gonna do about it?". And when people's impotence of being able to "strike back" at the ones that hurt them, the answer to that question became what happened at DCG Con. THAT is what they did about it and what did the Juggalos do about that? They rejected that hate and discovered newfound karma that made ripples all over the Juggalo world.

We must reject the Faygohaters that are allowed to live in this Forum and Gather as best and as hard as we can.

This shit is seasonal around here. Every year, sometime around June-ish, all the people that spent the year trolling everyone else start to go on "charm offenses" and because memories are short and nobody likes to READ... everyone else forgets what was said or done before. Some don't. Those attacks, those "cuts" are still there. Unhealed.

It's time to stop the bleeding. Gather.

I got enough fuckin' anxiety about driving there and back again in an unfamiliar vehicle all by myself on a 12hr round trip to be worrying about what might happen once I fuckin' get there! Just GET THERE, homies. Nothing else happens until after that.

Peace  

So a few years ago, before I met anyone on here, I was on the phone with scruffy saying how I was super hesitant to camp with the village because it seemed like there was a lot of drama on the forum, and I was worried that there might be actual arguments/violence at the gathering.  He assured me that there was always drama on the forum, and that at the gathering everyone would just...gather.  He was right, and I ended up being so glad that I camped with everyone.  I for real met some lifelong homies that year, and it was one of my favorite gatherings that I've been to. 

I'm seriously always saying how cool everyone is in person, and how drama should be left at home. And especially how violence has no place at the gathering.  I don't know how many times I've asked people to just get along and gather.  After being on these forums longer, I realize that this can also very easily be interpreted as asking people to just stay silent about the racist, homophobic, and otherwise bigoted crap people say on here throughout the year, all in the name of peace.  I absolutely don't want drama at the gathering, and I think that what happened at the con is crazy (from what I hear, I wasn't there).  I also don't want the forum or the gathering to be some kind of safe haven where people can say whatever racist/homophobic/etc. things they want, and it just be ignored, or worse that the people speaking out against it are essentially silenced.  Sometimes it seems like everyone wants to say whatever ridiculous stuff they think of in the name of free speech, but couldn't care less about the very real impact their words have on people and on the overall environment of the forums/gathering.  It would be nice to just gather and not worry about if your neighbor is racist or homophobic, but some of us don't have that luxury.  And that's something that I never worried much about at the gathering until after being on this forum and seeing the things that people post here.  

Whoop Whoop JC :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, bayAreaShaman, ScottieD, Noah Fence
July 10, 2018
12:54 am
Karacalla
Members
Forum Posts: 1561
315sp_Permalink sp_Print

JC said

So a few years ago, before I met anyone on here, I was on the phone with scruffy saying how I was super hesitant to camp with the village because it seemed like there was a lot of drama on the forum, and I was worried that there might be actual arguments/violence at the gathering.  He assured me that there was always drama on the forum, and that at the gathering everyone would just...gather.  He was right, and I ended up being so glad that I camped with everyone.  I for real met some lifelong homies that year, and it was one of my favorite gatherings that I've been to. 

I'm seriously always saying how cool everyone is in person, and how drama should be left at home. And especially how violence has no place at the gathering.  I don't know how many times I've asked people to just get along and gather.  After being on these forums longer, I realize that this can also very easily be interpreted as asking people to just stay silent about the racist, homophobic, and otherwise bigoted crap people say on here throughout the year, all in the name of peace.  I absolutely don't want drama at the gathering, and I think that what happened at the con is crazy (from what I hear, I wasn't there).  I also don't want the forum or the gathering to be some kind of safe haven where people can say whatever racist/homophobic/etc. things they want, and it just be ignored, or worse that the people speaking out against it are essentially silenced.  Sometimes it seems like everyone wants to say whatever ridiculous stuff they think of in the name of free speech, but couldn't care less about the very real impact their words have on people and on the overall environment of the forums/gathering.  It would be nice to just gather and not worry about if your neighbor is racist or homophobic, but some of us don't have that luxury.  And that's something that I never worried much about at the gathering until after being on this forum and seeing the things that people post here.    

So you have been to the gathering. Then you know whenever some shit pops off, usually at night after people have been 

marinating in liquor and whatever other exotic substances they think their bodies can tolerate in high doses, It usually is just a

minor squabble and is broken up rather quickly.  

Its a nice theory to think that people would all get along, but you are talking about and eclectic group of human beings, and just like

in the world outside the gathering boarders, you cant really control what happens and how people think/act.

Shit happens. A lot of juggalos are indeed raciest and bigots, Once again, just like in the real world, you just have to deal with it.

Its really a laid back environment, but you seem to want some kind of utopia and your standards are set way to high.

Its nice you found a group of people to experience it with, and thats just it, The gathering is whatever you make it. I don't think 

anyone has ever ruined it for me, other than the police and some thieving pieces of shit who me and my camp took in and 

where nice too. Karma came full circle when we saw them in the gridlock traffic as we were heading out, and lets just say, we got

our stuff back and then some for our time and trouble. That was in 2012.

IMG_20180711_234840.jpg

July 10, 2018
2:46 am
MitchellKing
MitchellKing
Members
Forum Posts: 316
316sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said

i dont think any spots have been selected.  

as a default, im gonna go with the traditional spot, or nearby.  i think.    

I'm not totally sure what the traditional spot is. I've only been to Legend Valley once; is the traditional spot where you had it in 2015? I'm gonna PM you my phone # Scruff so that you'll have some contact info for me when I get to the grounds (probably Wednesday morning or afternoon, btw.)

July 10, 2018
10:19 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

Thanks @jc it really means alot.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

JC

July 10, 2018
12:11 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
318sp_Permalink sp_Print

Also the "oh well thats just how life is, at least they keep it inside and we can gather" is nonsense. They dont and u shouldn't ask anybody to be silent or to get over it. Especially when they are using a non violent and productive course of action to call attention to the issue. 

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

JC

July 10, 2018
12:32 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
319sp_Permalink sp_Print

'we gonna gather' doesnt necessarily mean 'we get together and all party together in perfect peace and harmony'.  i doubt anybody believes that, except for possibly violent j.  

'gather', verb, has a lot of negatives implied in it.  even idealized as 'everybody show up and just be yourself', it is still gonna have negatives galore, when multiplied across five thousand heads.  

hell, even if there is absolutely no drama, no discord, down-ass cops, and all the acts are spot on time...  nobody gonna consider it a utopia after tryin to take a shit at 0430.  

4:30 am.  whatever.  

July 10, 2018
12:52 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
320sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok, so aparently everyone cannot share a roof or a table for one reason or another. Is it possible to talk more about the dual camp option? How much family do we have that is willing to start a second location, within close proximity?  Im kind of anal about symmetry so i could shuffle if need be. I for one am impartial and would be ok with my tent being a divider. Im sure a couple others would see as a positive and follow along.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
43 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

vifarob470, DeweySew, JosephPrope, Larrylak, khan123

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845