April 19, 2024
66 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering 2016 Faygoluvers Village Ineffectual Planning Thread
May 11, 2016
1:12 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

OCJ_Brendan said 
You and I were both pretty damn swift last year compared to the average ninja.  we just wasted a bit of time mulling over potential spots honestly.     

we wasted about twelve seconds or so. 

everybody said 
im down [or some variation]   

thats, what, eight or nine houses, so far?  depending on whether ck44 was throwin in, or just observating. 

add room for two to four cars, probably a canopy or two...  bout a hundred square meters.  maybe a bit more. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

May 11, 2016
1:32 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

I'm hoping to be there. Should know for sure soon. 

Whoop Whoop Mr. Tidwell :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 11, 2016
6:51 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

scruffy said

everybody said 
im down [or some variation]   

thats, what, eight or nine houses, so far?  depending on whether ck44 was throwin in, or just observating. 

Observsating for the time being. I'll know if I'm going within a week or so. I'm scheduled at work for like 8 weeks of new product R&D/Testing July-August. I'm fairly sure I'll be able to take a week though, just don't want to make it "official" until I know more.

I'll def be kicking it at camp FLH throughout the GOTJ, but my lady and myself kinda like to do our own thing and are hoping to get close to our spot at the top of fuck this hill (by the entrance) we stayed at two years ago.

Don't put me down for a spot at camp FLH, but of course, if I do make it this year, once I get my shit setup I'll stop down and help out with whatever may be needed with yall.

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 11, 2016
11:00 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Carnivalkilla44 said 
... hoping to get close to our spot at the top of fuck this hill (by the entrance) we stayed at two years ago.   

at hog rock...? 

May 11, 2016
11:16 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members

scruffy said

Carnivalkilla44 said 
... hoping to get close to our spot at the top of fuck this hill (by the entrance) we stayed at two years ago.   

at hog rock...? 

2014. They were at Legend Valley. You were there...

May 11, 2016
11:26 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Carnivalkilla44 said

scruffy said

Carnivalkilla44 said 

at hog rock...?

im sayin, we didnt bring fuck this hill with us.  its still at hog rock. 

hill youre talkin bout, thats a different hill. 

May 11, 2016
11:31 am
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859

I'm down to meet up day 0 and storm the grounds if need be. 

Oh and whoever feels necessary can pm their # to me or I can do the same lemme kno.

Whoop Whoop Split :

scruffy
May 11, 2016
12:02 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members

scruffy said

Carnivalkilla44 said

scruffy said

Carnivalkilla44 said 

at hog rock...?

im sayin, we didnt bring fuck this hill with us.  its still at hog rock. 

hill youre talkin bout, thats a different hill. 

Ahh, I gotcha. Either way... fuck that hill.

Really dualling hills at legend valley. Getting a bit drunk and making my way back up the first from the main stage to my campsite was bad enough, but then going to the midnight wrestling, getting absolutely hammered, and making my way back up that hill was a challenge.

May 11, 2016
12:06 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Since the move from Hog Rock, "taping" is kind of a frowned upon thing.

Part of ONE of the reasons they *wanted to move The Gathering (and has been said many times) was that people had just gotten to damn familiar with the place; from those that learned how best to sneak in all the way up to this laying of claims using caution/police tape for people that weren't even gonna show up until the NEXT DAY n'shit. Legend Valley does not lend itself to being taped off with the exception of the RV Ballas sites as they get priority and the fire marshal has stepped in on everyone's planning since after '14. It sucks.

Okay so seeing as the LOCATION of a possible site will still be in question until the schedule comes out, maybe a good line of discussion might be everyone's needs/concerns/wants from it. For example, this year I'd like to sleep on a relatively flat plane (NOT the 90degree slope of the Kayfabe north hill) and in a place that is DARK at night (NOT lit up ALL night by field lights within earshot of it's generator). I also know how I'd like my gear arranged beside my car. I've done the maths on my shit and my plot only takes up about the space of two cars side-by-side (one being mine).

Uh... I dunno... stuff like that.

Uhhhh... I also have a fireplace grill I bring (and didn't get to use) for a decent campsite fire to be had (not a cooking grill but the thing from out of your fireplace that holds the wood    (heh, wood). I also like to bring toys. 3D laser fireworks glasses thingies, light up shit, flow toys, tea lights and strobie stuff... etc.

Oh and one more thing, I got MCL for all of ya but I'm just gonna put it out there that while I'm willing to share at lot with my homies... my shit place is my own. Shitting in a bucket for a week already presents it's own "dilemmas" without extending them others; I'd just assume keep my "office" for private use.... ya dig? vomit

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

May 11, 2016
12:48 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8174

Cheshyr said 
 ...I'd just assume keep my "office" for private use.... ya dig? vomit

Word. And if u find a bucket-cam in your office I definitely didn't plant it there.

Marilyn-Manson-toilet.jpgImage Enlarger

Whoop Whoop krunk :

Nyro
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

May 11, 2016
12:58 pm
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859

Cheshyr said
Okay so seeing as the LOCATION of a possible site will still be in question until the schedule comes out, maybe a good line of discussion might be everyone's needs/concerns/wants from it. For example, this year I'd like to sleep on a relatively flat plane (NOT the 90degree slope of the Kayfabe north hill) and in a place that is DARK at night (NOT lit up ALL night by field lights within earshot of it's generator). I also know how I'd like my gear arranged beside my car. I've done the maths on my shit and my plot only takes up about the space of two cars side-by-side (one being mine).

Oh and one more thing, I got MCL for all of ya but I'm just gonna put it out there that while I'm willing to share at lot with my homies... my shit place is my own. Shitting in a bucket for a week already presents it's own "dilemmas" without extending them others; I'd just assume keep my "office" for private use.... ya dig? vomit

I agree with this stuff... I'll bring my own shitter... And I mentioned before We're bringin car+tent+canopy but we can subtract the canopy if we need.

May 11, 2016
1:26 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

Cheshyr said

I said this before and I'll say it again. BYOB. Bring your own bucket lol I brought one of those pop up changing tent and a commode last year. My tent was easy as fuck to open but a pain to fold back up. I broke the damn thing trying and my commode is gone =( I miss modey (yes I named it). I found that to be better than those 5 gallon shit buckets. 

Anyways enough about the deuce rules lol I am gonna bring a little grill too and charcoal obviously. Anyone can use it too if need be. As far as the spot I am not too particular. You know where I camped last year. The only  benefit was it fairly quiet. I am fine wherever you all want. @scruffy and @ocj_brendan seem to have the intel on a good spot and wanna try to get it again. Obviously they don't wanna disclose it on here in case of some lurkers but once we meet up on day 0 we can check the map and go from there. Once again it all comes down to day 0. 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 11, 2016
2:27 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

In reference to those that might be confused/frustrated with why we keep dancing around the communications aspect of this planning... I would draw a line to the very person for which the loose availability of information can result in future bullshit = Schmuck and his need to troll this site/forum and his previous doxxing of people on it.

With that fuck in mind, I'm thinkin' that as we get closer to the event, I'll create a CLOSED Facebook group (or someone ELSE can! I ain't taking charge, just initiative) JUST for the Day 0 crew where we can SAFELY post our contact infos, app suggestions etc and the password for the group will ONLY be given out via direct PM from HERE at Faygoluvers. Maybe when we get the final t-shirt count (refer to THAT thread) for the Meet-Ups would be an optimum time we can come to some kind of Day 0 consensus as to who iz or ain't...?)

Additionally, the FB group itself would be deleted Day 1 (unless there are any objections). Any further directional type info for those arriving late (or in the following days) on how to find "us" presumably would then be posted via the usual social media and FL/H posts (such as posting landmark pictures so others can orient themselves... that's how I finally found Scottie's damn RV to get my damn shirt on the 3rd day last year!)

So basically we can make a "pop-up" FB group, anyone that IS/WILL BE/NO DOUBT/HAS THEIR SHIT TOGETHER FOR THE GATHERING that has confirmed HERE to that effect, (let's say... a WEEK before) will get the address and password to the CLOSED group via a Faygoluvers PM, everyone can post whatever they feel they need to that they may otherwise feel is too sensitive to post publicly here, presumably by the time Day 1 gets here everyone should have gotten whatever we need to at least make a FEW connections to start from, Day 1 the FB group is DELETED and any further communication will go through whatever channels are available....

???popcorn

This idea also lends itself to a bit of exclusion-ism as well. I can't say that if it looks like you are BRAND NEW to the forum and want in on this private group that I'd be so inclined to just drop you in. But again, *I* am just putting out the idea.

It's like getting a big group of volunteers and everyone is willing to do whatever and there's no one that wants to be the guy to say, "Ok you go THIS way and you this way...". Let's figure this out together. It's the LAST year at Legend Valley... after which it's every fuckin' man for him/herself again.

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

CellE2057, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

May 11, 2016
4:41 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

But I don't have facebook and I absolutely never will for any reason.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
May 11, 2016
5:02 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

Psyral Infection said

Same here. Dunno how to even use fb. I'll exchange numbers with yall close to the date. As long as I'm there day 0 and get a hold of yall I'm good to go

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 11, 2016
6:41 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Psyral Infection said

Yup me neither. 

The spots good. It's still just a spot tho. Nothing like crazy. 

but what do I know.... It's convenient that's for sure. 

Uhhh I stare at this page and breath heavily. embarassedshots 

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

scruffy, Nyro, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

May 11, 2016
6:57 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

bayAreaShaman said

Psyral Infection said

Yup me neither. 

The spots good. It's still just a spot tho. Nothing like crazy. 

but what do I know.... It's convenient that's for sure. 

Uhhh I stare at this page and breath heavily. embarassedshots 

Thats why I want it.  Its perfectly located for the flow of the day and thats all ill say.  

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

CellE2057, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

May 11, 2016
7:47 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Peel you wig off like a tupee . Whaaaaaat

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

Nyro

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

May 11, 2016
8:18 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

facebook?  nah. 

forum is enough, if ya just wanna use the web. 

phone numbers is better.  if youre worried about a troll ending up with your number, dont give it to anybody who could be friendly to a troll. 

site me and brendan are schemin on is good, not amazing...  but it should achievable with a minor level of bullshit.  damn near a bird in hand. 

where i wanted to live last year, was an even better spot.  but when me and brendan got to it [about eighty seconds after gates], there was a large temporary fence sealin it off, for a certain bands little village.  which is lame enough by itself, but they also cut themselves off a front yard that you coulda landed a helicopter in.  dicks. 

three or more runners with strong backs, three or more drivers with cell phones.  all we really need to do this. 

once staked out, its mostly a matter of settin up so we aint all trippin over each other all day. 

and fun shit.  banners or flags would be cool, shit like that. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 11, 2016
8:49 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

My girlfriend and I still have to figure out how we are getting there but we WILL BE THERE. 

This being our first gathering, I think being part of the forum camp might be extremely helpful as far as figuring out the lay of the land, how things go, etc... that is if ya'll don't mind this "newb" cool

@cheshyr since a few people have already mentioned not having facebook, what about a kik group? That's an easy, free app. You (or anybody that wants to take up the task) could start a private group chat and invite people. People could register with their forum name and post here to say that they registered, the group leader can add them to that chat and then all messages are then visible to any group chat member. It'd probably be best if everyone downloaded the app and was in the group before day 0. That way, if the site crashes or anything stupid like that and we can't see who is registered on kik, they won't have to be worried about missing out. I'm not sure if the person that starts the group is the only person who can add people, since I've never actually used the app myself but maybe somebody else might have an idea? Just a thought.

edit: if somebody didn't want to put out their phone number kik is anonymous I don't even think you need an email (don't quote me on that though)

and here's a little kik how to guide on groups: http://www.wikihow.com/Create-.....hat-on-Kik

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
73 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845