April 19, 2024
79 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering 2016 Faygoluvers Village Ineffectual Planning Thread
May 13, 2016
11:38 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Imo, you don't try to find people during the parking lot party. I usually get there Tuesday evening and speaking for myself, that's my last few hrs of relaxing after the 12hr car ride and before the chaos that is getting your vehicle through the front gates.

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 13, 2016
12:39 pm
Skratchie
Skratchie
Members
Forum Posts: 277

Me and my girl are driving this year and should be there day 0. We're hoping to be a part of the faygoluvers camp. Not bringing the car in but can help with the rush in. I'll just put on my massacre shirt from last year and wander the lot for people. Should be easy enough.

Whoop Whoop Skratchie :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 14, 2016
12:19 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

1.) I'm not "confirmed" until I have my ticket, which I don't yet but the only thing stopping me is that my girlfriend is getting a fat bonus check early next month that we're getting our tickets with. So I'm definitely going to be there unless some crazy shit happens which I can't ever rule out.

2.) Day 0 at the very least. Probably going to be there on Night -1. 

3.) No passes on my end. Just basic tickets BUT I have a pretty large tent this year (17ft x 9ft) so space is a factor if that's what you're getting at.

1.a) Eh, I don't think we need to enter at the same time. If the setup is anything like last year, so long as there's a couple people setup, we're all good. 

1.b) Making room for everyone seems easy enough and probably doesn't need any planning. 

1.c) So long as we don't settle on a tiny little corner somewhere, pretty sure it'll all work out. 

I'm more than down to carry and find people and shit. Basically wherever I'm needed, I'm down. BUT I am fat so if anything involves actual running, might want to pick somebody else. 

Cheshyr said

So like... cuz you lame-trons won't create a dummy account... 

Still trying to get together a flag/banner thing. Just can't find a flagpole tall enough that isn't intended to be on the side of a house.

I was going to mention that people, if they're so inclined, just make a dummy account that's their username on here. Makes sense to me, man. If there's a FLH GOTJ FB group made I'll join it for sure. Trying to communicate with one another in realtime or close to it on FLH doesn't sound feasible to me. Especially during the Gathering. When Scotty can, presumably, do fuck all on the forums if something breaks because he's working his ass off. Like it or not, facebook is a pretty solid plan B. Plan A being that people just exchange numbers. 

With that said, it does seem like some of you are waaaay over planning. Scruffy is easy as fuck to identify in person. If you find him, there's a high chance that you're not the only one that has. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 14, 2016
5:16 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

current quick count seems to be twelve hooches for seventeen people.  some still up in the air, or undeclared. 

wanna get into car passes for a sec.  saw two specified car passes.  i ended up buyin one myself. 

now, the one i bought doesnt necessarily have to be used for my car...  but i do not wanna end up makin sixteen round trips to the parkin lot, cuz that shit sucks detritus. 

so what im sayin is, my pass can be handed off to another vehicle, no sweat...  except that id like to be able to abuse it a tad by haulin coolers n shit, and possibly lockin up some shit, if i end up with sumn worth lockin up. 

either way, seems like we got a whooooole lotta gear to haul.  i gather light as hell, but most dont.  again, seventeen bodies in twelve houses [one of which is apparently a hundred fifty square feet on its own;  my earlier estimate of 100m² was absurdly short]. 

even with at least three cars pullin in the lions share, there will be some foot marches.  teamwork makes em go by pretty damn easy, though. 

is anybody plannin on rollin in with a pickup? 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

JC, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

May 14, 2016
10:56 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

I would like to add that half of that massive thing I'm hauling is a floored canopy that's meant as a community shade giver/whathaveyoumahjigger. 

Foot marching isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned. So long as there's at least one other person with the same mentality. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 14, 2016
11:03 am
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

scruffy said

now, the one i bought doesnt necessarily have to be used for my car...  but i do not wanna end up makin sixteen round trips to the parkin lot, cuz that shit sucks detritus. 

so what im sayin is, my pass can be handed off to another vehicle, no sweat...  except that id like to be able to abuse it a tad by haulin coolers n shit, and possibly lockin up some shit, if i end up with sumn worth lockin up. 

That's actually genius.  I've been thinking about taking my car in, which I really don't want to do, but Scruffy's idea is great so if anyone wants to haul my things in for me, I'd be happy to pay you, throw down on a car pass, buy you a car pass etc.  

Is there any chance of the car passes selling out?  Because if so I'd rather get this figured out sooner rather than later because I don't necessarily want to buy a car pass and then not use it (like I said, I really don't want to take my own car in, I was just thinking about it as a last resort)  

May 14, 2016
3:36 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

JC said   
Is there any chance of the car passes selling out?    

probably not. 

theyve said before that theres no limit to regular tickets or car passes...  but from a practical point of view, theres gotta be some limit, it just apparently hasnt been reached yet. 

even if there is a max total, id say there is virtually no chance of them sellin out of car passes before the ticket booth opens. 

for the record, id much prefer to have my car on site, as it serves as my hooch. 

but i know that it could easily turn out to be a better use of resources to hand it off, since im likely to be hammerin stakes when id need to be drivin.  very.  slowly.  to the village. 

i can only be in so many places at once.  one, i spose. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

JC, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 14, 2016
5:01 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

scruffy said

i can only be in so many places at once.  one, i spose. 

lol

Whoop Whoop JC :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 14, 2016
10:22 pm
jrw
pa
Members
Forum Posts: 137

I would suggest the runners going straight behind the psychopathic merch booth that's probably a good area for what you guys are plannin.  I've got the same spot the last 2 years in a row by doing more or less the same shit. 

Whoop Whoop jrw :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 14, 2016
10:26 pm
jrw
pa
Members
Forum Posts: 137

Also I remember several ppl last year bitch they got car passes and they wouldn't let them bring there cars in 

Whoop Whoop jrw :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 17, 2016
5:40 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Eh I guess im just being a salty dick. Mea Culpa and shit plan away ninjas ive got love for everyone. @cheshyr your over communicating kinda gets on my nerves but its no big deal.  The gathering is about love and family and its my vacation.  I dont like stressing about that kinda stuff.  Now that ive got shit set ima just bounce out this thread and let yall do ya thing.

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

May 18, 2016
12:54 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Ur such a dick Brendan.....

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

Nyro, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

May 18, 2016
12:41 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

bayAreaShaman said
Ur such a dick Brendan.....

You know you love it.

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

May 26, 2016
3:12 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

In an attempt to re-assert the original  intention of the thread...

It would seem that the KEYSTONE to any designs on some kinda Faygoluvers Village ACTUALLY going down is dependent on how WE make Day 0 productive.

Before I get into any new shit, I'd just like to direct some attention to all the posts over the years in regard to those Juggalos that have talked about being on the fence about attending; and the replies regaling stories of other Scrubbalos and Ninjas hitchhiking, train jumping and flat-out begging their way into Shangri-La... and yet these same muthafakos can't be bothered to take a few extra minutes to work the net to connect with their homies in any kinda way that would make something like a GATHERING VILLAGE more possible... To quote "Fight Club": "YOU choose YOUR OWN level of involvement!!!".

However...!

Taking into consideration the other views... it would seem that we cannot depend on social media channels as some do not have access or NO access... so...

It would seem that the only way a Faygoluvers village is gonna come about is "organically". Everyone has their own plans. The old-bees and the newbies all have different objectives. So maybe we can try to plan to group up individually (excuse the double negative) but still know where "everyone" is... and still try to make meetups.

So let's take suggestions to figure out DAY 0... (even from people like @ocj_brendan who seem to have it all figured out) as to how WE can all get wrangled up JUST to at least fuckin' MEET EACH OTHER that night! Whatever comes after we can awkwardly figure out then... but for now... I've got three lengths of PVC with a crossbar and twine waiting for a banner. That's *MY* attempt at trying to pull this shit together...!

Where're we at?!?

ya-right

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

scruffy

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

May 26, 2016
3:28 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

we still more or less in the same place. 

meetup on day zero is as easy as passin a phone number. 

that, and, be on the lookout when you get there.  c'mon...  if you cant find me on day zero, you aint tryin that hard;  cuz im up in the mix, and stayin that way until the gate rush. 

yes, meetin up early is still the shakiest part of the plan...  but its gonna be that way.  it really is easier than youre thinkin its gonna be.  [aint the only shaky part, either] 

hell, you know that a coupla few of us are gonna be standin our asses off by the gate, waitin for it to open.  you sayin you cant just walk up to the gate ten minutes before doors and yell 'faygoluvers!'?  cuz if it came down to it, thats all it would take. 

for real, though, just gimme your number before you jump out.  ill make very sure to set you straight, if you got trouble. 

im more concerned about coordinatin the wagon train.  that scenario is gonna be 'manage what we can', entirely played on the fly.  dont see any way around it. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 26, 2016
5:01 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

some further expounding, upon review. 

Cheshyr said

It would seem that the KEYSTONE to any designs on some kinda Faygoluvers Village ACTUALLY going down is dependent on how WE make Day 0 productive.

this is true;  dont think i ignored it. 

Before I get into any new shit, I'd just like to direct some attention to all the posts over the years in regard to those Juggalos that have talked about being on the fence about attending; and the replies regaling stories of other Scrubbalos and Ninjas hitchhiking, train jumping and flat-out begging their way into Shangri-La... and yet these same muthafakos can't be bothered to take a few extra minutes to work the net to connect with their homies in any kinda way that would make something like a GATHERING VILLAGE more possible... To quote "Fight Club": "YOU choose YOUR OWN level of involvement!!!".

well... yeah...  thus, this thread.  basicly, everybody thats posted in it is beyond this point. 

but yeah. 

Taking into consideration the other views... it would seem that we cannot depend on social media channels as some do not have access or NO access... so...

'depend on'?  absolutely not.  'utilize to help some'?  i spose so, why not?  im not gonna, but thats me. 

you might be a bit too entrenched in that twitbook mentality, chesh.  pure harmless speculation, dont trip. 

It would seem that the only way a Faygoluvers village is gonna come about is "organically".

of course.  we cant just declare, 'this is how its gonna work', cuz its a virtual certainty that it wont. 

Everyone has their own plans.

uh, not really. 

The old-bees and the newbies all have different objectives.

they do...?  what are the differences? 

So maybe we can try to plan to group up individually (excuse the double negative) but still know where "everyone" is... and still try to make meetups. 

right.  dont have to have every single head in the same place at all times.  just gotta have somebody that knows where you are, and can give you the rundown of current events.  keep passin the word, stay in hailing distance [or online, or keep phone on, or etc], be ready to adapt quick. 

a number of little half-random 'mini-meetups' is far more likely to be successful than one big planned 'everybody gotta gotta be there' meetup. 

So let's take suggestions to figure out DAY 0... (even from people like ocj_brendan who seem to have it all figured out) as to how WE can all get wrangled up JUST to at least fuckin' MEET EACH OTHER that night! Whatever comes after we can awkwardly figure out then...

wont be all that awkward.  probably less awkward than this thread [good that were gettin some awkwardness out the way, actually]. 

will be a hustle, though.  gonna have to be on toes. 

but for now... I've got three lengths of PVC with a crossbar and twine waiting for a banner. That's *MY* attempt at trying to pull this shit together...!   

you left some parts out.  this implies that the banner is comin from somebody else.  also, where the banner gonna display, on day zero?  the parking lot?  no help, that.  would have to carry it around. 

assumin you were still talkin about attempts to pull together day zero meetups.  after gates, the banners purpose is obvious. 

theres at least two more aspects of this thing that i dont wanna get into in public.  havent quite figured out how to do that.  private messes, i spose...  but them shits will wait until mid july or so.  

[edit]

oh, this bit...

scruffy said
ill make very sure to set you straight, if you got trouble. 

by that, i meant, 'tell you the latest dope', or 'get/give directions'.  and not 'unfuck your fuckups'. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 26, 2016
7:30 am
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

This is all too much.. Who do I give my phone number to so I don't have to read this thread anymore? lol

My girlfriend and I will likely be taking the bus into Columbus and will be there late Monday night or early Tuesday morning. Down for Day 0 meetup and figuring out who ya'll are then. Would appreciate some experienced peeps to help us figure out the flow of things so we're still planning on joining this "camp".

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 26, 2016
10:33 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

I tend to over plan and over analyze a lot in my life. I have to do a lot of it with my job so it's only natural that it comes home with me too. I am appreciative of the fact that there is some planning going on here. With saying that, I have gained some great insight. Some people plan hard, some wing it, some it comes natural, and some just go with the flow. I think we all have helped each other by putting out there what works for you.

If you want to be found on day 0 you will be. I agree that we are past that part. I think we have various avenues. I'm almost half tempted to get a white t and write "ay, where faygoluvers?!" At this point its all about when the gates open and who is going where and doing what. The who will be determined day 0. shit happens, people don't show, other random shit that we are powerless over...the list goes on.  All we can do from now till then is wait. If yall wanna talk about who is gonna do what ahead of time I'm cool with it. Either way I think we have a good game plan.

On a side note (not to get all emo and ass kissy like) I just wanted to say thanks for having this village as an option. I am not one to to impose or try to tag along. I am cool with having a spot to camp with yall. I don't expect anything else. Yall wanna chill and check out stuff? cool. yall trying to do your thing? cool. Either way I'm all about helping get this thing assembled so we all have a nice spot to gather. Anything else is cream cheese 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 26, 2016
4:26 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Wow. I'm just so overwhelmed at how underwhelming everyone's suddenly gotten about this. The idea went from us actually ALL camping together (IN THE SAME AREA) to... "Fuck it."      Great Job!

But whatever, I'm throwin' my hands up over the whole thing. I'm tappin' out. I resign my position on the committee.

I'll check the website for where Scottie's RV is located for the usual meet-ups and see you all then. This "village" idea has successfully had enough shots fired through it to make it dead in the water. I'm sure a couple of you will end up getting together but I really think those WITHOUT cars are way oversimplifying things. I hardly see how SOME planning has become OVER planning. The whole issue was about us getting together IN TIME to make everything that happens AFTER gates happen smoother.

Those with cars are not gonna be parked in the grounds Day 0, they'll be across the street. And if you parked in the candle shop lot, you will be moved across the street later. Everyone has to fit in that loop and field and if those cars aren't ALREADY moved and people in possession of their passes and charms n'shit, there is a DISTINCT possibility that you will not even have the CHOICE and will be routed to whichever shithole of a campsite is left to fit your car. So sending out runners may be for completely nothing if the person for whom you are saving space for isn't even being allowed to enter that area... So don't let anyone worry about getting inside within relative time, as it won't be something to be concerned with...wacky

You think yer gonna strap on a t-shirt and just have people coming out of the woodwork? Good luck with that. Didn't work for ME last year! I walked around that bitch like a retard and NOT ONE person spotted me and it turns out I had even been walking by Scottie's RV repeatedly until they went in at 6p. "Hey let's go to Disney World and you come find me?! I'll be the one wearing the Mickey Mouse shirt!" Admittedly, at my first Gathering, I was wearing my new Faygoluvers shirt when Scruffy, Entrapped and Raven literally yelled me out of the crowd; but that was a TOTAL fluke. I just HAPPENED to be walking up that road at that time when you guys were at that camp. ps where the hell has entrapped and raven gone off to?

Some of you seem to have certain places picked out for yourselves. But I guess it would be "over planning" to maybe have a conversation as to what OTHER people might think is a better place we can all agree on for us to "village". I personally don't like being led around by the nose against my own self interests but that's why I'm not voting for Trump. derp. And both those things aren't worth discussion either.wacky

But whatevs... I'll definitely be seeing ya'll and am excited for the meet-ups and doing some games and rides n'shit with you...! but I'm bowing out on this Village thing. I'm not taking any chances on getting fucked like last year and I can CLEARLY see gettin' the bone regarding this non-event. Still working on a banner/flag. Just gotta find the right fabric and stencil sprays (most places only have the spray DYES and not the actual stencil PAINTS.) I'll be carrying that around for a while so you come find ME '~'=hammer

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

May 26, 2016
5:37 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Cheshyr said
Wow. I'm just so overwhelmed at how underwhelming everyone's suddenly gotten about this. The idea went from us actually ALL camping together (IN THE SAME AREA) to... "Fuck it."      Great Job!

But whatever, I'm throwin' my hands up over the whole thing. I'm tappin' out. I resign my position on the committee.

I'll check the website for where Scottie's RV is located for the usual meet-ups and see you all then. This "village" idea has successfully had enough shots fired through it to make it dead in the water. I'm sure a couple of you will end up getting together but I really think those WITHOUT cars are way oversimplifying things. I hardly see how SOME planning has become OVER planning. The whole issue was about us getting together IN TIME to make everything that happens AFTER gates happen smoother.

Those with cars are not gonna be parked in the grounds Day 0, they'll be across the street. And if you parked in the candle shop lot, you will be moved across the street later. Everyone has to fit in that loop and field and if those cars aren't ALREADY moved and people in possession of their passes and charms n'shit, there is a DISTINCT possibility that you will not even have the CHOICE and will be routed to whichever shithole of a campsite is left to fit your car. So sending out runners may be for completely nothing if the person for whom you are saving space for isn't even being allowed to enter that area... So don't let anyone worry about getting inside within relative time, as it won't be something to be concerned with...wacky

You think yer gonna strap on a t-shirt and just have people coming out of the woodwork? Good luck with that. Didn't work for ME last year! I walked around that bitch like a retard and NOT ONE person spotted me and it turns out I had even been walking by Scottie's RV repeatedly until they went in at 6p. "Hey let's go to Disney World and you come find me?! I'll be the one wearing the Mickey Mouse shirt!" Admittedly, at my first Gathering, I was wearing my new Faygoluvers shirt when Scruffy, Entrapped and Raven literally yelled me out of the crowd; but that was a TOTAL fluke. I just HAPPENED to be walking up that road at that time when you guys were at that camp. ps where the hell has entrapped and raven gone off to?

Some of you seem to have certain places picked out for yourselves. But I guess it would be "over planning" to maybe have a conversation as to what OTHER people might think is a better place we can all agree on for us to "village". I personally don't like being led around by the nose against my own self interests but that's why I'm not voting for Trump. derp. And both those things aren't worth discussion either.wacky

But whatevs... I'll definitely be seeing ya'll and am excited for the meet-ups and doing some games and rides n'shit with you...! but I'm bowing out on this Village thing. I'm not taking any chances on getting fucked like last year and I can CLEARLY see gettin' the bone regarding this non-event. Still working on a banner/flag. Just gotta find the right fabric and stencil sprays (most places only have the spray DYES and not the actual stencil PAINTS.) I'll be carrying that around for a while so you come find ME '~'=hammer  

Ur such a spazzz. U need to chill out. Even tho i dont have a phone/technology, ill manage to meet up wit everyone on night zero. Im not worried bout that at all. I figured i would post whut ill be wearin the week of, on this thread. That way i can be easily spotted, plus me bein tall kinda makes me easy to spot. How much more info would we need to meet up other than a description of the clothes we gonna wear that day. And as for the other aspects of planning, i thought it was figured out. A couple of us make the mad dash wit every1s tents and form the foundation that will be the FLH empire.

Quit bein hooked on technology, our species has been able to thrive and overcome witout it for centuries. U can do anything u set ur mind to ,cuz when theres a will theres a way. 

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
77 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845