April 25, 2024
66 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering 2018 - Legend Valley (July 18-21)
August 17, 2018
7:45 am
FuckHerRightInThePussy
Members
Forum Posts: 555
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
861sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheshyr said
Comedy vs. Tragedy Story Time (for my FLV)

I remembered a funny moment.

I hope anyone else that recalls this can perhaps fill in whatever blanks I may leave out.  Because I recall the flow of conversation making it an almost perfect joke...

Thinkin' it was some time in the late evening of Day 1 or the afternoon of Day 2.

I believe we were commenting on why Juggalos might not want to roll around in the grass because of the increased risk of ticks this year... Someone else pointed out that there was poison ivy on the other side of us where some other ninjas had chosen to post up...

MAYBE there was a talk about the showers (which none of us had checked out yet)...

Somebody else mentioned putting a bunch of poison ivy into a baby pool and advertising it to Juggalo Passerbys as a "Free Poison Ivy Bath"...

I THINK I said how about adding water and charging a $1 or something... and someone ELSE said, "Fuck that, if you filled a kiddie pool with poison ivy and water and sold it as a bath for $5... it wouldn't take too long for some Juggalo to come along and be like, "Five dollars! That's a fuckin' BARGAIN!"

And yet another person said, "Yeah and when you left it to go to a show or something, you'd come back to find some fat fuck lounging in it like, "What's up?"...

omg... I wish I could recall it correctly because it's just a hilarious visual for a sketch 'er some shit.

Now, what made me think of this anecdote in the first place..? Heh.

Well what happened was...

This last Monday, I decided to go do some yard work and trim off all the wild growth along our greenwire garden fencing we use to keep the dogs in the backyard. I just gotten my first full-on hedgetrimmer (of the powered variety) and made easy work of it in a few hours, tossing the tumbleweed-like collections of vines and foliage over the fence from our neighbors property n'shit... After, I went back in and chopped it all up finer so I could run the mulching mower over it as I did the rest of the backyard.

Who would care, right? Big deal.

Well maybe about a little less than 24hrs later, after waking up the next day and going about it... My legs started getting itchy on a whole 'nother level. Wondered and acted like I must have gotten bit up while working outside. That was until the blisters. Then the blisters started leaking. Like, as if my fuckin' skin was DROOLING for no reason.

Turns out... all those vines... is some OTHER kind of poison ivy and even though I've lived in this house for a while and haven't encountered this shit before... In reality, we're SURROUNDED by this shit! We thought they were regular vines trying to grow along the house and fences but... apparently I had just spent a few sweaty hours ALL UP IN IT full bloom!!!

As usual, I always get the super hyper version of everything that happens to me. Good or bad. The bad stuff I don't like so much.

Then my dumb ass spread that shit all around with the mower!

I'm fucked up right now, ya'll. And this shit SPREADS! Like fuckin' time released in the almost exact order you touch that shit.

Started with the legs, moved up to include my arms, got some on my neck. And today... (again, I did this shit back on Monday) Under me left eye looks like I paid Mike Tyson to elbow me in my face as he walked by.

This shit is the fuckin' STD of the plant world! (or maybe STDs are the poison ivy of the... nm).

I now gotta retrace all my steps since then so I can either wash or destroy anything I've come into contact with cuz this ivy oil shit can still have an effect FIVE YEARS after...! For now, I look like fuckin' Quasimodo if he were a maple tree that hit with buckshot leakin' sap at a rate I could bottle! FUCKING GROSS! (and it itches)... an' it'll be like this for no less than a week up to THREE!

Seriously, you wanna talk about biological warfare?! Just get some of that 'urushiol' shit that causes this, spray it on some mafkas, wait a day or two and they will be clawing themselves into bloody bits as they ooze from every cut..! Without knowing WHY they were doing it.... shooo... just kill me...

After all that, even though it's a funny thought... I'd NEVER evar inflict this shit on someone as a joke. But I'd use it to fuck up someone else if they made me. Wartime psychological botanicals.

So yeah, if you're ever at The Gathering and somebody offers you a $5 poison ivy bath... no matter how much free soap, shampoo or towels are included in that offer, SAY NO!

"If the leaves are THREE, then LET IT BE!"

'~'=  

So the moral of this story is.... Your superhero name is  "Poison Ivy"?

Whoop Whoop FuckHerRightInThePussy :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
August 17, 2018
9:07 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248
862sp_Permalink sp_Print

One month ago today, was day zero. (Sniffle) 

I met some of the coolest mafakas ill probably ever run into. 

Cant say it enough, it was awesome as shit getting to know everyone. 

We mean it from the bottom of our hearts that you guys are family. You all need anything please, dont hesitate to ask. Well pull some strings, ask around, see if we can get anyone else involved, and make some shit happen. Maybe not the right shit, but itll be a shit regardless.

Mr @scruffy, that footer is awesome. Doesnt have the same feel seeing it on the floor, in the other room, daily. The footer is a reminder of it lit up over people we now genuinely care for. I was overwhelmed at everyones commotion over it at first, then to just look around and notice everyones eyes keep glancing at it. You all being excited, lit me up on the inside. Im stoked AF that it got such a good response.

Still got 3 more bottles of terrible woop woop wine. Gonna have to put them away by myself before they age any more. 

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

August 17, 2018
10:04 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
863sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said     
You all need anything please, dont hesitate to ask.    

wasnt gonna say nuthin, cuz i know youre busy tryin figure out how to squish pennies n all...  but i could really use a bump up into the next income bracket, so if you could start sending me a per diem, that be much appreciated.      

Mr scruffy, that footer is awesome. Doesnt have the same feel seeing it on the floor, in the other room, daily. The footer is a reminder of it lit up over people we now genuinely care for. I was overwhelmed at everyones commotion over it at first, then to just look around and notice everyones eyes keep glancing at it. You all being excited, lit me up on the inside. Im stoked AF that it got such a good response.

well, shit, guess ill leave it there.  was gonna blank it back out after a month or so.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

August 17, 2018
10:20 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
864sp_Permalink sp_Print

Its cool man, you do you. I have pictures on my phone. Id like to be bumped to the next tax bracket, well both ask around...

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Hypnotized Ninja

August 18, 2018
12:45 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
865sp_Permalink sp_Print

FuckHerRightInThePussy said

So the moral of this story is.... Your superhero name is  "Poison Ivy"?  

No.

I'd be "Bizarro Poison Ivy".

Rather than being a buxom, pin-up worthy, leggy redhead with a fetish for cucumbers...

I'm the squat, chubby juggalo with a penchant for thick redheads with boobs bigger than mine and the ability to kick my ass (full consent of course, ladies)...

----

As is my lot... shit got worse.

One eye became two.

I'mma gonna have to duck out for a few days as I'm gonna be on a Prednisone cycle and I'm be edged the fuck out.

I was a fuckin' Boy Scout! I've been walked up into the woods and gotten hit with 'the ivy'... but at what point in the game did shit start blinding people and making them fuckin' LEAK strange FLUIDS n'shit!?!

I did Prednisone when I had a (still undiagnosed) 'hives' outbreak many years ago and the hospital I went to told me "it was the worse case of hives ever to WALK into their ER"... [stories]. All I remember from it is that I did not "like" it.

I think I found the thing that might make someone with 'bubble wrap' OCD, think twice.

There was another short conversation amongst the few, as to what we thought each other's "power animals" were...

Mine's the fictional Marvel Comics character, "Longshot".

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

August 18, 2018
12:55 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
866sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Old Mr Dangerous

Old Mr Dangerous said
We had some poison oak down in North Carolina.... I burnt it in my fire pit. The smoke itself gave my brother hideous rashes. I, alas, had zero reaction. 

My homie Ian got ivy on his testicle luggage. He said it was the worst thing that ever happened to him.  

Let "your homie" know...

If there were ever a contest for "Most Attractive Testicles"... I could win the "Sad Sack Award"

Cuz... ya know... sometimes you have to take a piss when doing yard work... and a few days later...

Your dick and balls look like The Elephant Man's Kneebone!!!

...and if you aren't in tears by the end of THAT movie...

derp

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

August 18, 2018
8:07 am
MitchellKing
MitchellKing
Members
Forum Posts: 316
867sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just chiming in to say that I was the one who said $5 is a good deal to jump in poison ivy. I only remember that since I said it :P

Whoop Whoop MitchellKing :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Hypnotized Ninja
August 18, 2018
9:13 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
868sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'll be back as soon as I'm done with the 'hand tremors' I get on this steroid shit.

Poison ivy ain't no joke.

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

August 18, 2018
9:58 pm
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859
869sp_Permalink sp_Print

Remember those folks that camped in the swamp next to the village? 

The better Lo in me says we could have been hospitable... Invite them to our village, get a head shot from the sexy blond or share conversation and what not...

Or even introduced ourselves. lol

... ... ...

Whoop Whoop Split :

Drunkalo, scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Hypnotized Ninja, LSDemon
August 18, 2018
10:09 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332
870sp_Permalink sp_Print

Split1open said

The better Lo in me says we could have been hospitable... Invite them to our village, get a head shot from the sexy blond or share conversation and what not...

... ... ...  

They asked us for cardboard one time

Whoop Whoop Bonesaw Wizardstick :

scruffy, Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Hypnotized Ninja
August 18, 2018
10:09 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
871sp_Permalink sp_Print

Split1open said

... ... ...  

Just for you man, the sign is what caught my attention. Thats funny shit!

07211815433.jpgImage Enlarger

The mrs. family all good when you got back? Didn't get too much crap did you? Ill vouch for ya.

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Split

August 18, 2018
10:56 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
872sp_Permalink sp_Print

Split1open said
... ... ...  

oh, i thought it was plenty hospitable that the various males of the village didnt use the swamp alley as a pissing ground.  which we probably wouldve, if there hadnt been people there.  

hey, i just thought of another good bullet:

• when you lose your wallet at the gathering, you will not find it until after you start tryin to figure out exactly who stole it from you, and how.  then, youll find it shortly thereafter.  

id call it 'scruffys law', but theres already a whole bunch of those.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Split, LSDemon

August 19, 2018
8:24 pm
Hypnotized Ninja
Members
Forum Posts: 827
873sp_Permalink sp_Print

Split1open said

... ... ...  

Yeah every time she changed all out in the open or with tent open in my mind I was like "you know I can see you right?" Than another voice said "it's the gathering she knows just soak it in take the sights in you never get in the real world."

Bonesaw Wizardstick said

They asked us for cardboard one time  

Yes and for a lighter at point too.

Whoop Whoop Hypnotized Ninja :

LSDemon
August 21, 2018
4:01 pm
TheFvckinKreeper
TheFvckinKreeper
Members
Forum Posts: 585

This is a long overdue post. A few weeks ago I got my awesome, and totally undeserved FLH Meetup Massacre shirt, and I ain't even say shit.

The truth is, I haven't even been around like that. I started a new job, only to get laid off a week later (the joint reopened so its all good now), but I basically spent the last month living in my head.

I got the hookup and it made my day, but I still didn't say shit because I'm not so good at the touchy feely stuff, but it really did make me grin like a fool.

Thank you guys. Bonesaw, Cheshyr, JC, Spooky, Mary, Split1, MitchellKing, Mandy, Pigg and CellE. That was damn considerate and now I got your names with me to tell about, even though I haven't met most of you.

Big props to scruffy and Drunkalo for having my back and getting it to me. And ScottieD, of course, but I feel like that dude's played out on thanks. 

Seriously though. You guys are the shit.

Whoop Whoop TheFvckinKreeper :

Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy
August 21, 2018
4:21 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
875sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said

Just for you man, the sign is what caught my attention. Thats funny shit!

07211815433.jpgImage Enlarger

So how about i was going thru my shit the day after and figured i cropped this picture all wrong. I was too stoked about the sign, thats funny stuff. 

07211815434-1.jpgImage Enlarger

Mr. Kreeper, my pleasure man. Glad you got everything straightened out.

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

TheFvckinKreeper

September 24, 2018
12:13 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
876sp_Permalink sp_Print

@drunkalo

drunkalo said [from a different unrelated thread]

Mr. Bojiggles, i dont know if id mess with @Cheshyr. I gathered with this man this year, we didnt talk much but he seemed to me like the type that would sit and read the dictionary and look up random shit to prepare for a war. Like that doomsday preppers show on television, cheshyr has an arsenal of english, music, and memes for every kind of situation. All stock piled and neatly organized “just in case”. Not seeing much this man will leave to chance. He had a tent inside a tent with enough room for a chair, an end table, and a ficus in the corner. Seemed methodically planned out.

Ok.

You got me all kinds of conflicted here. I'm laughing at the same time as I'm embarrassed.

I suppose you two were gone off on a run for gas or some other supplies you dragged back up and down the hill for Our Village... but you must have missed when I felt compelled to "address" some people's admiration of my setup. I've written about it before but... for you...

That shit took FIVE YEARS to assemble. That was not some kinda thing that just happened. Like I said, that shit was "Gathered Knowledge" taken from my own Boy Scout days of camping, and several years of Gathering and learning from the Juggalos that, "Gathering Hard" (and comfortably) comes from acquired experience.

That tent inside the tent you are referring to was the only thing I had with me at my first Gathering other than a tarp to put under it (Boy Scout trick), a sleeping bag and my duffel.

The screen and shower tents came the following year, but that's when I got fucked in that line and discovered that the screen tent does NOTHING to block the sun... but over the preceding year, I came up with using straw beach mats to prevent getting sand and dirt inside my sleeping area... and got an air mattress (manual pump)... and didn't have to use the port-o-johns if I didn't have to...

Then I got the shade tent with a UV rating... but that year I was unable to combine the two and went without the screen but had invested in getting the shade panel accessories ($20bucks for a fuckin' square of tent fabric, EACH!). I only bought two. I needed a third.

I brought folding tables with me because in previous years, I discovered that... "There's nowhere to put shit except on the ground!" SURFACES, yo!

But YOU made my little fold-outs seem like a "posh" accessory when YOU came with actual fuckin' folding TABLES! What the fuck is anyone gonna need my "tables" when you brought a banquet hall?

The tarp went under the tent with no sun protection that went under the screened protection that didn't block the sun and the canopy went over that to do what all the other shit didn't take care of the years before when I needed it. Not until last year was I able to put all of those things together and ya'll made me feel weird about it (by admiring it n'shit) which made me feel the need to tell everyone that in NO WAY was I trying to be flash in anyone's face... that's just how I set shit up.

Oh and btw, I didn't have a ficus. But I did have a chromed skull with a strobe light in it on my little fold-out table.

I was told my setup looked very "feng shui". Embarrassed.

To be honest, Celle&Maryonette's all-in-one tent with the "porch area" in front is like the WAY cheaper version of what it took me years of trial and error to piecemeal together into what I'm now proud of and suffering from a perceived embarrassment of Juggalo riches. It was there for everyone to share when it rained or when someone needed a quiet spot to sit, watch and listen.

My "planning" is never devious. Only ever circumstantial. I'm only the culmination of what I've seen and heard and I only post those things I already have up in my head. There's already enough in there. I don't need to go looking for new excuses when the old ones fit just as well. I'm old enough to be selective about what I add to the collection.

SO...! How we gonna do for next year?!

"Let's turn up the juice! And see what shakes loose!"

Whoop Whoop!

'~'=

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Drunkalo

September 24, 2018
6:07 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

Mr. @cheshyr

Dude, you have no reason to explain anything nor feel any kind of way about it. I just said it looked very well planned out and it all seemed to work. Mandy and I are learners and planners also. For our first it was a tent and a cooler, you seen what that turned into. 

As for turning up the juice i cant say much yet on our end. We have to sink some money into the house, have an anniversary, and holidays to get thru before we start buying anything. Right now we can speculate on some things but not all will happen right away. OMD started a thread on it. https://faygoluvers.net/v5/forum/general-discussion/official-gathering-2019-thread/

For one that id really like to pull off is a small uhaul trailer. I owe a lot of thanks to the boys that helped drag shit up and down the hills and next year i wanna do whatever i have to so we only need one trip and not inconvenience anyone else. It will also help lock up valuables while nobody is at camp. 

Im gonna print out notes for starting the generator. We brought it but its for the community. Yall need it its there.

We had a coffee pot but no coffee grounds. Im def bringing coffee grounds next year, prob some milk and sugar also.

Were going to have more bodies. Which means more help with making things happen as well as covering more wants and needs, which i feel should be no problem at all. I believe this year went pretty fucking flawless for the amount of bodies we had.

I would like to keep certain things out of main view so keep taking notes and once we start the group PM's we can all start spitballing and im hoping itll roll quickly. 

Edit: update: 1 bottle of Woop Woop wine, gonna take my time with it.

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

Old Mr Dangerous, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

October 1, 2018
10:42 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
878sp_Permalink sp_Print

Who ever remembers something about a funyons and condoms convo,  pm me.

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Drunkalo
October 1, 2018
10:52 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072
879sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo....

People would of been more inclined to use the generator if they knew how to use it...atleast that's my excuse for not touching it. 

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Drunkalo
October 1, 2018
10:55 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
880sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said     
Drunkalo....   
People would of been more inclined to use the generator if they knew how to use it...atleast that's my excuse for not touching it.       

theyre fairly straightforward.  

my excuse was, 'dont belong me'.  still fucked with it a couple times, though.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Drunkalo

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
78 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes, THC Edibles

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845