April 23, 2024
49 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
GOTJ 2018 - Performer Wish List
May 18, 2018
9:04 pm
kingshiro
kingshiro
Members
Forum Posts: 52
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Terror Reid

May 18, 2018
9:19 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

Snow tha Product

May 18, 2018
9:27 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332

Rittz

Corpse Circus

Run the Jewels

Czarface

Bloodhound Gang (pull some strings, Daddy Long Legs)

2 Chainz - just for lolz

Lonely Island

Action Bronson

Whoop Whoop Bonesaw Wizardstick :

Radam, MASTERWEEDO
May 20, 2018
7:23 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

Mike E Clark     It's been too long. His beats were as paint-by-numbers as his production for the last hunk of time that he was with Psychopathic {sorry n shit. I know that some Juggalos are so hard up for the dude that if I recorded and played "horse taking a shit after it ate 45kg of Taco Bell that was left in the dumpster for two weeks while Gilbert Gottfried reads Atlas Shrugged and chews his bubble gum noisily" for them and said that it was a new Mike E beat, they'd front like it was a masterpiece}. But the dude is and seemingly always was a true, honest to fuck, old-school, beast of a DJ. That's something that the Gathering has been lacking since he bailed. He's at least better than Rude Boy's kid or whoever pretending to be talented onstage, which is what we've been stuck with as of late.

H.O.K.       How fresh would it be if the small stage had "mystery guest" on at 2 or 3AM and fuckin H.O.K. came out and did a set?! No winking or nodding to the Juggalos about how cool it is that mono, roc, and madrox are at the Gathering, no acknowledging any pre-existent beef being squashed, or the fact that they're now Twiztid, or anything like that. They just came out like the underground, cheap ass pumpkin mask wearing horrorcore act that they were, did their thirty minutes, and got off stage. Like they're just another up and coming group tryin to prove that they deserve a better slot next year. That would be pure motha fuckin magic. To me that'd be way more impactful than both camps hyping Twizzler playin the Gathering again. Not to mention it'd be way more special to the select few that happened to catch em then and there. It would be one of those "were you there when...?" moments that make the Gathering more than just a music festival. 

Prof     Dude absolutely crushed his set last year. His weird, almost Bugs Bunny like energy, comes off loud and clear live and him getting the best slot at the Gathering (right before ICP) was well deserved. Since I first heard him I've been a fan and I'd love it if he became a Gathering staple. 

Figure     Pretty sure that he's been on my dreamlist for years now. Going back to the lack of a good DJ at the Gathering, he's much needed. Add in the fact that the dude's bread and butter is drumstep/house/dubstep remixes of horror movie themes and it's a no-brainer.

Godemis     I know CES has played before, I know that Strange probably won't be as present at the Gathering moving forward if they're there at all, and I know that Godi doesn't really do solo shows but it's my list and the overall "young, more lyrically gifted, and more creative Brotha Lynch" vibe that his solo work gives off could make him a great opener for:

Flatlinerz     It's the fuckin Flatlinerz. I mean, c'mon. 

The Original Project Deadman     That'd be Mike E Clark, Prozak, and King Gordy. Before Prozak did the same song over and over again. Before Gordy dumped out his creativity to make room for more shock. None of them are really around the Gathering anymore nor do I think that Gordy will ever play the Gathering again but damn it would be something to see. 

Jill Tracy     Not sure how well she'd go over on mainstage but if they stuck her on a lil pop-up stage to do one or two sets throughout the day for a Bizzaro world show/presentation or had her playing during the art show, it would bring a certain level of authority to both/either of those things. As of now both of them--to me--just kind of exist. Not that they aren't cool but it's more of a passerby kind of thing. Tom Wood is trying to make the art show more credible but it still has this air of afterthought surrounding it. Like the only Juggalos that are passionately interested in em are mostly involved in some way or another. A musical performance would give those areas enough XP to level up. Add in that Jill Tracy is an incredibly talented, weird, macabre artist that is capable of a very wide variety of styles and the results would be a certain vibe floating around those areas that would absolutely make them a "must do" as opposed to the "I'll check it out if I'm bored" scene that it's stagnating in now.

Last Podcast on the Left     The only radio/podcast thing that the Gathering has tried out is KG doin his thing for the select few that are interested and Wolfac trying their hardest to come off as edgy by exploiting Juggalos in increasingly dangerous ways as a way to disguise how fucking pathetic and talentless Daddy LongLegs is. There's a whole other market for the Gathering thru podcasts if they'd just give it a shot tho. LPOTL seems like a solid door into that world for them. If you aren't familiar with LPOTL it's a podcast hosted by three dudes and each episode will cover either a serial killer/cult/or paranormal occurrence. One of the hosts is a musician and one of the best, imo, true crime researchers around right now, one of them work(s/ed) as a writer for Adult Swim and has done improv for decades, and the other is a writer/comedian/politician. They all have an incredibly dark sense of humor and openly talk about how much they all love horror music/movies. They've done a lot of live recordings of the show and have large screens that are showing random scenes of gore/crime scenes/weird or paranormal photos/etc, they have sketches that they insert (one of my personal favorites is about a sentient bucket of popcorn that is also a detective trying to bring crime to justice but the criminals keeps slipping out of his hands because of all of his "buttery goodness".), they play music to set the scene/tone, and do rapid fire interesting/dark facts or trivia to keep the audience moving. Not to mention that they've brought up Juggalos before and have nothing but love for us. They don't actively listen to the music but the whole scene at large and Juggalos in particular get nothing but praise from them. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

djscrubb, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, SteelCityDahmer
May 20, 2018
8:00 pm
kansascityking
kansascityking
Members
Forum Posts: 35

Nonpoint

Die Antwoord

Cypress Hill

KRS-one

Mindless Self Indulgence 

Mac Lethal

Atmosphere

Cherub

Watsky

Doug Stanhope- Jon Lajoie

Whoop whoop Kansas City!

May 20, 2018
10:33 pm
Radam
Radam
Members
Forum Posts: 358

Wednesday 13

Alice Cooper

Dope

Dragonforce

Combichrist

Machinehead

Rammstein

Steel Panther

Bloodhound Gang

Children of Bodom

Dirt Nasty

Fear Factory

Infected Mushroom

Prozak

Tenacious D

and don't forget Vanilla Ice! Word to ya mother!

May 21, 2018
6:20 pm
FuckHerRightInThePussy
Members
Forum Posts: 555

This dude, straight underground beast. Don't mind the fact he looks like scruffys long lost brother. 

May 21, 2018
6:26 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3593

This dude's a cooler version of Scruffy's long lost brother, and he would kill it at the Gathering, check it-

Look out for the Fred Durst cameo.

cig

May 21, 2018
10:26 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248

I vote John Valby

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

May 21, 2018
11:23 pm
FuckHerRightInThePussy
Members
Forum Posts: 555

My wishlist:

Twiztid 

Blaze Ya Dead Homie

Boondox

Psychopathic Rydas 

Dark Lotus

Killjoy Club

HOK

Whoop Whoop FuckHerRightInThePussy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 22, 2018
4:49 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Blaze doing 1 less g in entirety at gotj would be fresh.

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

djscrubb, FuckHerRightInThePussy
May 22, 2018
8:52 am
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390

CellE2057 said

H.O.K.       How fresh would it be if the small stage had "mystery guest" on at 2 or 3AM and fuckin H.O.K. came out and did a set?! No winking or nodding to the Juggalos about how cool it is that mono, roc, and madrox are at the Gathering, no acknowledging any pre-existent beef being squashed, or the fact that they're now Twiztid, or anything like that. They just came out like the underground, cheap ass pumpkin mask wearing horrorcore act that they were, did their thirty minutes, and got off stage. Like they're just another up and coming group tryin to prove that they deserve a better slot next year. That would be pure motha fuckin magic. To me that'd be way more impactful than both camps hyping Twizzler playin the Gathering again. Not to mention it'd be way more special to the select few that happened to catch em then and there. It would be one of those "were you there when...?" moments that make the Gathering more than just a music festival. 

Dude that would be epic!  From the fans, hell yeah we'd hella love if they ever did some cool super secret shit like this!  AND it be HOK.  jesus fuckin christ, that would bring the fuckin house down.  (and I know this is the dream GOTJ thing)  But its great to talk about...  :)

But there'd be about a 0% chance of them doing that, by saying this.  Ticket sales.  If Twiztid was there and any other MNE artists, PSY would promote the foook outta that! 

BOOM - Twizitd makes there huge GOTJ return = Mad more ticket sales IMO.  The hype machine would be in full effect.  We all know PSY aint passing that up....

Whoop Whoop djscrubb :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 22, 2018
9:03 am
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332

djscrubb said

But there'd be about a 0% chance of them doing that, by saying this.  Ticket sales.  If Twiztid was there and any other MNE artists, PSY would promote the foook outta that! 

BOOM - Twizitd makes there huge GOTJ return = Mad more ticket sales IMO.  The hype machine would be in full effect.  We all know PSY aint passing that up....  

That would result in heavy merch sales from both sides, too.  Most times it's "check out the merch booth.  We have a new album out that wasn't around last time we were at the gathering.  MNE's would be like "bitch, we got 20 new records since the last time you saw us."

That would be an epic return and well received by 98% of people, I bet.

Whoop Whoop Bonesaw Wizardstick :

djscrubb, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 22, 2018
11:01 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members

I don't see Twiztid being there really influencing that many more ticket sales than them not being there... Are there really people that could go to the Gathering, but won't strictly because there's no Twiztid? ICP I could see, but that's about it.

As far as merch goes, advertising Twiztid's booth or not sales would be the same. It's not like ninjas wouldn't find out about the booth if they attend GOTJ.

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 22, 2018
11:05 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

djscrubb said

CellE2057 said

Dude that would be epic!  From the fans, hell yeah we'd hella love if they ever did some cool super secret shit like this!  AND it be HOK.  jesus fuckin christ, that would bring the fuckin house down.  (and I know this is the dream GOTJ thing)  But its great to talk about...  :)

I wouldn't say 0% chance, just look at the Warped tour dates, they will be in the area for the Gathering.

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 22, 2018
11:30 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members

Hell ya, I'm checking out Warped Tour on Sunday the 15th in CT, then leaving for GOTJ on the 16th! For anyone that is planning on doing Warped Tour, check out the deals they're offering on tickets. 4 tickets cost me $165 after fees whereas 2 tickets would have cost $115.

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

djscrubb, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 22, 2018
12:04 pm
kansascityking
kansascityking
Members
Forum Posts: 35

djscrubb said

What about a big name EDM DJ??  smoke and lasers man....  

Hell yeah EDM and some psychedelic acid Trance with family would be lit! I loved the blacklight and bubble party's.

Whoop whoop Kansas City!

May 22, 2018
1:26 pm
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390

Bonesaw Wizardstick said

That would result in heavy merch sales from both sides, too.  Most times it's "check out the merch booth.  We have a new album out that wasn't around last time we were at the gathering.  MNE's would be like "bitch, we got 20 new records since the last time you saw us."

1000% Agree.  To be honest, it prolly would be the best gathering in a long fuckin time. 

Rydas on Friday night and Lotus on Saturday night.............Cmon son!  wigs split in half.

And like @spookythefungi said, have a Blaze 1 less G full album set!!  whuuuut!  If MNE and PSY came together (not this year of course) like 5-6 months before the Gathering, brainstormed, promoted, put in financially to make something GIGANTIC.  A gathering on fuckin roids one might say.  Go back to Hog Rock or Crystal Forest, talk about bringing the fuckin majik back!!!!!!

May 22, 2018
7:06 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

djscrubb said

I think if/when they hype the fuck out of Twiztid playing the Gathering again, there might be a slight chance of H.O.K. playing in some way or another. The chance of it happening the way I laid it out is 0% for sure tho. I feel like Twiztid calling one of their sets at the Gathering a "H.O.K." set is high but I feel like it'd be Twiztid with R.O.C. playin some of the known H.O.K. songs in between their usual setlist or something. 

But yeah, it's real fun to dream about all the same. =-

Bonesaw Wizardstick said

Twiztid Saturday Nights were my chance to chill at the grounds and just soak up the vibes. Like, walk around and just look at how creative some of the camps are/how legit peaceful the actual grounds is/are, get the chance to sit down and chat with some of the old timer Juggalos (like, actual old Juggalos. Not Juggalos that have been Juggalos for a long time.) that maybe needed to sit this set out and rest, enjoy my camp, browse the merch area, and a million other things that you can't really do when there are Juggalos packin the paths and such. The Gathering without a lot of people is a weird, beautifully tranquil spot. So, I'd def be happy to see Twiztid come back if only for that. Factor in that it makes a lot of ninjas happy and that's pretty cool too I guess lol. 

H.O.K. tho...I'd be hype as fuck. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

djscrubb
June 1, 2018
10:00 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

Late night sets with bands that have open dates:

Infected Mushroom 

Sphongle

Tech N9ne

Snoop Dogg

Rittz

¡Mayday! 

Dirty Heads

Sublime with Rome

Bloodhound Gang

Steel Panther

Three Loco

Mac Sabbath

Okilly Dokilly

The Claypool Lennon Delirium

eKoostik Hookah

Anvil

Tenacious D

Rehab - with Danny and Brooks

Danny Brown

Los Marijuanos

Phunk Junkeez

If they are gonna do cover bands, can we get a late night set with Several Species [Pink Floyd Tribute]

Beatallica  - a Beatles/Metallica mash up band

Joey Diaz

Felipe Esparza

Gabriel Iglesias

Jeff Ross

Dave Attell 

Ari Shaffir 

Bill Burr

Ron Funches

Geoff Tate

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
79 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

THC Edibles, DeweySew, JosephPrope, Larrylak, khan123

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845