April 16, 2024
20 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
gotj at lost lakes: debrief
July 30, 2017
11:40 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

for starters.  

@archaic 

@bayareashaman 

@celle2057 

@chuckieboy 

@deathmetaljuggalo 

@hypnotized-ninja 

@jc 

@maryonette 

@mitchellking 

@noah-fence

@sazarah 

@Spicy P

and some bullets.  

*  fuckin dust.  

*  the show gave me a very direct refresher course on just how well-conceived the shangrila album really was.  

*  had it not been for occasional realtime maintenance, how much of that bridge do ya think would still be there?  

*  all things considered, if, for some crazy reason, the gathering was to be held there again...  i might go.  maybe.  

*  of course, i see no reason to even try to have the gathering there again.  

*  god damn, i am tired.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Hypnotized Ninja, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Noah Fence, Sqeek, Old Mr Dangerous, Split, Maryonette

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 31, 2017
10:05 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8172

A little girl skipped out of the Shangri-La pit in front of me telling her mom it was smileSO MUCH FUN!smile

Besides maintaining our superchill beachfront clown oasis lounge, I got to slap a necrotic clown in the face until he laughed, laugh at people apologizing for their bitches choking each other out in the dust, and stare in disbelief as people apologized for their own jokes. It was like a giant, dusty cruise ship with waiters on Segways offering you the hallucinogen menu.

Whoop Whoop krunk :

scruffy, Sqeek
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

July 31, 2017
10:33 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

1. Fuck oklahoma 

2. Fuck the cops

3. The lake was nice and not nearly as dirty or crowded as I expected.

4. Shangri La was fun even though j messed up a lot

5. I didn't see R.A. The Rugged Man's set and don't listen to him but it sounded like he won the gathering

6. Art contest was crazy dope. Was excited to see everybody's art. Rachel and Tom said nice things. Lots of people took pics. Several people noticed very subtle things. Shaman, JC, and Scruffy seemed happy to take my work home even though it didn't win. The winners were amazing.

7. A dandypunk was fucking amazing and if you missed it, I dunno what to tell you.

8. I didn't talk to any psychopathic people but reconnected with cyco from insane poetry. Bummped into him on the way home too. He and everybody involved killed the insane poetry set. The LSP set was dope too.

9. Got a PRIDE flag to write juggaLGBT on too late in the gathering from my boy tox and his partner Chris. Maybe it'll tag along to my next gathering.

10. Which won't be next year. Didn't tell many people but I've already got plans for next July for my mother's birthday which is usually the week of or week before the gathering. I'll miss everybody though.

11. Saw a couple of people with racist tattoos. I believe it was Mitchell who saw the full on swastika. This depresses me. Juggalos should not be a safe haven for white supremacists.

12. It not being near Michigan meant Faygo was impossible to find before getting on the grounds.

13. Froggy Fresh sucks but people loved him. Lil debbie sucked and got beaned in the chest with a beer. I feel bad for her. Also I guess being funny while you suck is enough to make people like you? Or?

14. No sunburn, third year in a row.

15. Fireworks were much better than last year. Only saw a few problem people.

16. We gathered hard and had fun despite the setbacks. I would only change two or three things.

17. Made new friends and that's always fantastic. I've said it before but if the missing link is whatever ties you to other people, mines art and juggalos. This was the first gathering I didn't cry at. Possibly because i sweat every ounce of moisture out of me possible but also because i was surrounded by fantastic homies. Love you guys. 

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

scruffy, Sqeek, Chuckieboy, Old Mr Dangerous, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Split, Maryonette

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

July 31, 2017
10:43 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

Anyone wanna rip that Golden Goldies? Is it just a recording of the live show?

Whoop Whoop Pigg :

greaseman, Sqeek, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 31, 2017
11:15 am
Hypnotized Ninja
Members
Forum Posts: 827

*cool meeting everyone dmj/his wife, bayareashaman, scruff, Noah, JC/her husband, cell e/his lady, chad, chuckie, and more I'm sure I didn't realize I was standing with during the final ICP set.

*Cage, Insane Poetry, Myzery, Waka, Prof popcorn good times...same for everyone I've seen prior.

*the "sickness" first Madchild than Lynch, and Jellyrolllolit makes me glad I just buy my ticket prior to knowing who is on the bill and hope for the best. Necro shouldve said he was sick too.

*fuck the dust, and the police (one rogue rookie cop on a vendetta is what spearheaded how "extra" the cops were")

*going back on my word of not mentioning artists ive seen prior

RA and Shaggy stole the show...one for the show legitimately, and the other for the heart he had trying to finish his legitimate show Noah's correct he won the gathering. Salute!

*wafflehouse I was hoping to see a Myzery, ICP, Twiztid brawl there but its cool I still enjoyed me some breakfast at the end of everynight(or beginning of every day)

*like I said after dapping  everyone on my way out "see everyone next year no matter where it is"ninjarasta_gif

Whoop Whoop Hypnotized Ninja :

scruffy, Chuckieboy, Sqeek, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Maryonette
July 31, 2017
11:20 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

*  the heat index on that first day was reported to me as being 113.  thats really bad when your sitting around your home.  at a gathering, it is stultifying.  

*  the heat alone killed a good portion of our enthusiasm and momentum from the start.  having nine other bones to deal with was no help.  

*  @split1open - thinkin on it, i shoulda listed you in the first post.  i actually feel bad for not listing you.  and for the record, i blame you not one bit.  

*  didnt go swimming, exactly, but did wade some, to cool the toes off a bit.  

*  enjoyin a sunrise while in the shade, havin coffee and a smoke and great conversations with a road dog homie...  thaz my shagrileeeeeezay.  

*  @psyral-infection, @krunkazphuk - thank you.  soooo much.  again.  

*  there are an awful lot of juggalos [often riding on the love train and/or toting megaphones] who know exactly who i am, have much to say to me, but are afraid to walk up and say it like a grownup.  i dunno what to make of that, but i aint the shook one, so whatever.  

*  to a lesser extent, the same is true of the flh village.  on the whole, though, the gatherers took to the village nicely.  about a dozen ninjas a day would come up and say what up, chat, be cool for a minute.  even more popped in thinkin we were part of the scavenger hunt, which i was expecting.  there were a couple cats that wandered in foolishly, basicly casing the place, but they got told right away, and appeared to get the fuckin message without needing a post-it note.  

*  okay, about the scavenger hunters...  apologies to anybody got mad inaccurate directions to scottieds hooch from me.  i sent you the wrong way, and didnt know it til friday.  i never actually saw the official flh site.  

*  the fireworks issue.  i must admit, there was noticeably less recklessness with that shit this year, compared to last.  that said, any grief they heard from us was not at all unjustified.  i dont give a fuck how safe you think you are;  if youve set one of our canopies on fire, you aint got shit to say but, 'sorry sorry sorry'.  we dont walk up to you lookin to give you props.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Maryonette

July 31, 2017
12:32 pm
Chuckieboy
Members
Forum Posts: 898

I had a great time with y'all mofos. Glad AF I decided to talk to kick it with u. We all family, but I met a few cats that I would kick it with under any circumstances. Thanks for accepting me and giving me a place to fall asleep for my 8 minute sessions lol. Love all y'all ninjas, next year hopefully we back out east and able to act a little more foolish

Whoop Whoop Chuckieboy :

scruffy, Hypnotized Ninja, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Noah Fence, Maryonette
July 31, 2017
1:10 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

*  thy staleness.  fuckin tremendously great.  

*  chuckieboy is awesome.  
and while his sleep sessions may have extended beyond eight minutes on occasion, is is worth noting that he appears to be able to sleep in relative comfort while stuck in positions that would make me sore in minutes.  

*  @ocj_brendan - i got your duffle, yo.  get at me.  

*  big hoodoo was spectacular.  he was really gettin into it.  

*  and blac was mad impressive in his appearances.  im definitely a fan.  took time to tell him that.  

*  havent gone through the book yet.  probably do it tomorrow.  still thinkin the book should be retired after this.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Chuckieboy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 31, 2017
1:27 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

scruffy said 

*  @psyral-infection, @krunkazphuk - thank you.  soooo much.  again. ...

Not sure we really helped much this year. There seemed to be confusion on permission for Ballas to come and go on parking lot party night.

As for us, it was a great Gathering. Didn't hang out with any forum members much, mainly hung out with the Gathering neighbors. Shows I saw were great. The trees were nice. Didn't have any issue with park staff or police. All were friendly and helpful. Everything went perfectly. I would go to this location again.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

scruffy
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
July 31, 2017
1:31 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

there seemed to be confusion about fuckin everything.  

ask anybody a question, the answer you got was the first thing they could think of that might get you outta their face.  thats it.  

July 31, 2017
1:38 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members

While leaving on Sunday we asked a cop for directions to the main gate and he seemed put out (had to put his phone down for a second... like our question was keeping his bookie waiting...) If Oklahoma waterparks want $ the cops need a seminar or two on how to Protect & SERVE.

Whoop Whoop krunk :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy

July 31, 2017
1:40 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9038

scruffy said

and while his sleep sessions may have extended beyond eight minutes on occasion, is is worth noting that he appears to be able to sleep in relative comfort while stuck in positions that would make me sore in minutes.  

*  and blac was mad impressive in his appearances.  im definitely a fan.  took time to tell him that.  

*  havent gone through the book yet.  probably do it tomorrow.  still thinkin the book should be retired after this.    

Scruffy... maybe I'm reading this wrong, but....

.... have you finally come to an appreciation, or at least an understanding of the appreciation from Juggs like me, for the awesomeNess that is The Wraith: Shangri-La??? 

If so, I am overjoyed. And also, Thy Staleness is one of my favorites.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 31, 2017
1:40 pm
Chuckieboy
Members
Forum Posts: 898

scruffy said

Yea, I prolly woulda been sore AF if I were 6 and a half feet tall too lol. Give ur boy a chair and a paper plate to cover up with and I'm straight lol. I appreciate the helpfulness big homie, much love ta everybody that was there, y'all cool ass ninjas. Like I said, I truly am glad I didn't just go my own way this year

Whoop Whoop Chuckieboy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, deathmetaljuggalo
July 31, 2017
3:07 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

Were there rides?

Craziest thing you saw?

Stalest thing you saw?

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 31, 2017
5:16 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members

MASTERWEEDO said
Were there rides? 

People were riding one of these in the lake:

flightboardlv-1024x682.jpgImage Enlarger

Whoop Whoop krunk :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy

July 31, 2017
6:26 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Im "home".

And im still strapped like a gay bitch.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

scruffy, Noah Fence, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

July 31, 2017
6:29 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Old Mr Dangerous said      
Scruffy... maybe I'm reading this wrong, but....   

.... have you finally come to an appreciation, or at least an understanding of the appreciation from Juggs like me, for the awesomeNess that is The Wraith: Shangri-La???   

If so, I am overjoyed. And also, Thy Staleness is one of my favorites.      

sorta.  

shit i always appreciated shangrila from a conceptual and writing point of view.  even got over mike e clarks absence, after a while.  

still think it mostly sounds wrong.  

but yeah.  thy staleness.  

particularly, thy entire staleness, featuring the freshest chorus-out theyve done.  or one of em, anyway.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Noah Fence, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

July 31, 2017
7:04 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

It was so hot I didn't need my hoodie so it never even made it out the tent, but somehow I can't find that shit anywhere. Does anybody remember seeing a UCI hoodie? FUCK.

ETA Found it. 

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

July 31, 2017
7:47 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

*  got a maaaaad fresh piece of art from noted post-modern juggalo artist robert tidwell.  its really fresh.  

*  so, for the second time i brought mitchellkings tent back to the gathering, lookin to give it to him, if hes there.  and this time, he was there.  and, of course, naturally, he dont want the tent back.  so i got an extra tent to use, yeah?  not really.  i didnt set up a tent, just slept on the ground.  so i offer it to chuckieboy, yeah?  hes like, 'nah, ill be good sleepin in this cooler.'  or some shit.  

*  i dunno how many arrests they ended up with for all their effort, but if the cops had paid me half what they spent just on overtime and avgas for the stupid useless fuckin helicopter, i mightve been willing to shop every one of em myself.  

*  speakin of that, check:  i heard about two seperate incidents where cops tried to sneak in and got tossed by security.  can you believe that shit?  what kinda cop is unwilling to spend two hundred bucks in exchange for the chance to rack up that many potential collars?  especially if they actually believe the rumors of debauchery.  even cops from other cities would call them bitches to their faces for that.  

*  and speakin of that...  anybody who was at a legend valley gathering, please send a nice thank you letter to the cops there!  
no, im fuckin serious.  me, im plannin on sendin a flower arrangement and a fruit basket.  no bullshit.  
the legend valley cops were absurdly cool to juggalos.  not that i didnt realize it before, but after this bullshit, im much moreso.  i mean, fuck, the oklahoma cops busted their asses to cut off our fuckin water supply.  how fuckin scumbag is that?  

[edit]  redundancy.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Noah Fence, Chuckieboy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Maryonette

July 31, 2017
8:34 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

scruffy said

*  and speakin of that...  anybody who was at a legend valley gathering, please send a nice thank you letter to the cops there!  

Talk about an understatement. I didn't even attend this year so I can't speak on that, but compared to the majority of police I have dealt with in my lifetime, I have mad love for all of the law enforcement at Legend Valley. They were part of the Juggalo family (even if for only those 4 days out of the year) as far as I'm concerned.

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

scruffy, Noah Fence, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
43 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Larrylet, organic cbd gummies, HelenSkits, Jamhajk, thc cbd gummies

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845