April 25, 2024
107 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Juggalos and Juggalettes on the FBI, Trump
July 18, 2017
11:10 am
SugarBear
SugarBear
Members
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hey hey and whoop whoop. I am a journalist working on a TV story about Juggalos and the FBI's silly gang designation, and Juggalos and President Trump. We are looking to talk to Juggalos and Juggalettes who are attending the GOTJ next week about how they feel about both. What do you think? PM me. I'd love to hear from you. 

July 18, 2017
12:30 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

Can you post some credentials? What outlet are you putting this together for? I will meet with you if you are legit, your post isn't exactly the most professional thing I've read though. Kind of a red flag. Who are you? 

Whoop Whoop Guest :

Noah Fence
July 18, 2017
1:45 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

I think @sugarbear is Axel Gerdau. Used to be a reporter for NYT but is now working for Vice News. He has produced numerous documentary shorts. His work has appeared on PBS, NPR, The Texas Tribune, ARD/German Television, RTL, etc. Here is a picture of him:

headshot-BW-1.jpgImage Enlarger

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
July 18, 2017
1:49 pm
Members

Thanks man, I'll look his stuff up. 

Whoop Whoop Guest :

SugarBear
July 18, 2017
1:52 pm
SugarBear
SugarBear
Members

Just DM'ed you too, Guest. Would love to chat! 

July 18, 2017
3:22 pm
Members

I'm a bit curious why you would dismiss the hybrid-gang designation as "silly"? What does "hybrid-gang" really even mean? Pretty vague. I think it was a perfectly reasonable assessment and I don't see how it has much relevance now anyways. Your introduction here was a bit asumptive that all Juggalos would be anti-FBI assessment. While I'd love to share my views with a credible journalist, you have already dismissed the assessment as "silly" and my opinion does not fit that framework. It gives me a bit of caution but I will watch a few of your segments before I decide. Good luck with your project, regardless. 

0692396c-1bc9-4db7-9c95-68393e858979-1.jpg

July 18, 2017
3:46 pm
SugarBear
SugarBear
Members

Thanks for asking about the wording of my initial post, and sorry for the confusion! I used the word "silly" to connote that I am sympathetic to the lawsuit ICP and the ACLU brought against the FBI on free speech grounds. Same with the March on Washington in September. Maybe not the best word choice on my part. I agree with you that "hybrid" criminal gang is pretty vague, and I would love to speak with you. 

Guest said
I'm a bit curious why you would dismiss the hybrid-gang designation as "silly"? What does "hybrid-gang" really even mean? Pretty vague. I think it was a perfectly reasonable assessment and I don't see how it has much relevance now anyways. Your introduction here was a bit asumptive that all Juggalos would be anti-FBI assessment. While I'd love to share my views with a credible journalist, you have already dismissed the assessment as "silly" and my opinion does not fit that framework. It gives me a bit of caution but I will watch a few of your segments before I decide. Good luck with your project, regardless. 

0692396c-1bc9-4db7-9c95-68393e858979-1.jpg

Whoop Whoop SugarBear :

JC
July 18, 2017
3:55 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

Guest has no problem with the designation because he's a middle class white dude who will never have to deal with law enforcement labeling him a gang member. 

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

July 18, 2017
7:06 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators

And I think that is what @sugarbear is seeking for his interviews. He seems to be looking to cover the issues from many different perspectives. Juggalos being from all backgrounds, I think it will be easy to show how the FBI designation and also Trump stuff effects different people in different ways.

I, personally, am not big on giving interviews but many of you guys are very vocal and have strong and varying opinions on the topics. I think many of you would be great for interview subjects. The more diverse the pool of interviews, the more complete the picture.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

SugarBear
July 18, 2017
7:07 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8175

Noah Fence said
Guest has no problem with the designation because he's a middle class white dude who will never have to deal with law enforcement labeling him a gang member.   

Hey @SugarBear

I'm a middle class white woman who had Texas police question my extended family about my Juggalo "gang involvement," so unless you are looking for Commiefornia-style, kill whitey racism, ignore Noah. I plan to attend the GOTJ this year, and have for the past 5 years. I think the BLM-style fist associated with the March on Washington is misguided, Trump is street & has the potential to do a lot of good for America, and lately the ACLU is little better than the SPLC in terms of promoting blind justice. If some real gangs are using the name Juggalo then they need to be considered on a case-by-case basis. Will u be at the GOTJ this year? It's more than a blast.

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

July 18, 2017
8:29 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

krunkazphuk said

Noah Fence said

Hey @SugarBear

I'm a middle class white woman who had Texas police question my extended family about my Juggalo "gang involvement," so unless you are looking for Commiefornia-style, kill whitey racism, ignore Noah. I plan to attend the GOTJ this year, and have for the past 5 years. I think the BLM-style fist associated with the March on Washington is misguided, Trump is street & has the potential to do a lot of good for America, and lately the ACLU is little better than the SPLC in terms of promoting blind justice. If some real gangs are using the name Juggalo then they need to be considered on a case-by-case basis. Will u be at the GOTJ this year? It's more than a blast.  

She speaks for about 3 of us on here. Take heed.

July 18, 2017
9:44 pm
SugarBear
SugarBear
Members

Old Mr Dangerous said

She speaks for about 3 of us on here. Take heed.  

I am! Just DM'ed you. 

July 18, 2017
9:46 pm
SugarBear
SugarBear
Members

I hope to be there! And I just DM'ed you. 

krunkazphuk said

Noah Fence said

Hey @SugarBear

July 18, 2017
9:47 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

Lmao @ trump is street. I almost thought you were serious fora second

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

Old Mr Dangerous

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

July 18, 2017
10:07 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Noah Fence said
Lmao @ trump is street. I almost thought you were serious fora second  

"Trump is Street" is one of the funniest thIngs I've ever heard in my existence. Krunk truly is junk. 

July 18, 2017
10:35 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

write this down, vice guy:  

There are not fifteen Juggalos alive who understand fuck about politics.  

and within the forum?  maybe two, at the absolute most.  [and whoever just thought, 'well, im one of em', you damn sure aint]  

i know you believe me, sugar;  but if not, read a couple more threads.  or better yet, do some interviewing.  youll see, quick.  

trump is a come stain.  so is hillary.  

anybody fully supports one party while fully opposing the other is a pure flake.  a half-american, just workin on their own come stain status.  

now, if you just lookin for some people to talk some shit, señor vice...  this the spot.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 18, 2017
10:49 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

scruffy said
write this down, vice guy:  

There are not fifteen Juggalos alive who understand fuck about politics.  

and within the forum?  maybe two, at the absolute most.  [and whoever just thought, 'well, im one of em', you damn sure aint]  

i know you believe me, sugar;  but if not, read a couple more threads.  or better yet, do some interviewing.  youll see, quick.  

trump is a come stain.  so is hillary.  

anybody fully supports one party while fully opposing the other is a pure flake.  a half-american, just workin on their own come stain status.  

now, if you just lookin for some people to talk some shit, señor vice...  this the spot.    

Not "understanding" politics doesn't mean that we don't understand the best courses of action.

Because I MOST DEFINITELY do not understand politics.

But I understand the best courses of action. It's all quite simple. 

Economics is simple. Environment. Social equality. People think too hard about the details. It's sll right in front of us.

July 19, 2017
3:30 am
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104

Old Mr Dangerous said

Not "understanding" politics doesn't mean that we don't understand the best courses of action.

Because I MOST DEFINITELY do not understand politics.

But I understand the best courses of action. It's all quite simple. 

Economics is simple. Environment. Social equality. People think too hard about the details. It's sll right in front of us.  

Scruffy likes to pretend while he condescends people. Ironically since he gave the most basic and repeated view through out the forums.

And I agree with Guest. While I don't agree with the label, it's not too silly. I've witnessed 'juggalos' that do tag shit, get together to jump people and claim they 'bang juggalo'. Now that's not what being a juggalo is supposed to be about, of all things juggalos could agree upon, that's it. With 'juggalos' actually doing gang like activity in the name of juggalos I can understand why law enforcement would think it is a gang or would be confused. To add more confusion on to that, this culture doesn't even know what it is. It has an identity crisis. No two juggalos will give the same answer when asked what a juggalo is. Some juggalos call it a religion. Some juggalos will call it a family. Some juggalos call it a fan base. Some juggalos call it a culture. Some juggalos call it the ability to consume board games and then transfigure them into different board games during digestion. Some juggalos do in fact call it a gang. Some 'juggalos' say you have to receive a faygo shower to be 'jumped in'. With all this identity confusion combined with actual organized crime, it's easy to see why local law enforcement would get the wrong idea. Though, there are a few places where the cops have made it a point to announce that not all juggalos are criminals. That the culture it's self is not a gang, yet it does contain gangs. Which is a true statement. Not quite enough to justify the label though. When some of my closest friends were in high school they started this thing called 'Magna Town Wicked Clowns' that was just 5 teens hanging out and doing what kids do. It picked up steam and tons of juggalos in that town started using that title. It is now considered a gang according to wikipedia. 

I'm not a juggalo though, so most people here will tell you to dismiss my views.

I also want to add that here in Magna, not only have juggalos been on the gang list for almost a decade prior to the FBI's list, but so have straight edgers. And I've seen both sides get into brutal, gang like show downs. I don't think either is a gang or should be treated as such.

What does Trump have to do with anything?

July 19, 2017
3:34 am
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104

When I say brutal gang like show downs I'm talking like 1980s side scrolling shit with baseball bats and chains and knives and shit. No drive by shootings or anything like that. It's typically a very shitty phase the young kids get into then grow out of.

July 19, 2017
6:26 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators

scruffy said
... and within the forum?  maybe two, at the absolute most.  [and whoever just thought, 'well, im one of em', you damn sure aint]  ...

Damn, you got me! That was exactly the thought that crossed my mind. embarassed

Ok. So I will redefine what I am to myself: I participate in the social media political arena while not engaging in actual politics. I have nothing to do with "policy" - the root word of politics. I am a member of Judicial Watch (supporting the FOIA's they do). I frequent a range of sites from mildly conservative and libertarian to the "right-wing nut-job / tinfoil hat" sites like Infowars. I am a participant in the 2017 Meme Wars and own a collection of bots (you can call them Russian troll bots, many people do) that I programmed from scratch that do various politically motivated stuff on twitter.

And for your viewing pleasure, here is another one of my entries into the 2017 Meme Wars:

That being said, I do not consider Vice to be part of the "Fake News" group. While they may have a reputation among some of being left leaning, their coverage (especially their documentaries) have been considered examples of journalistic integrity by various news watch groups.

I am actually endorsing @sugarbear 's endeavor since it will give me an idea of the various thoughts about the gang designation. I have my own opinions but I really don't know too much about what others think of it. And with him being sympathetic to the cause, I don't feel he will use it as an opportunity to depict Juggalos in a negative light.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
80 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845