May 1, 2024
62 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
Must bring items to bring to my first Gathering
March 12, 2016
5:39 pm
dogbeatz83
dogbeatz83
Members
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I will have my Gathering cherry popped this year! Whoop Whoop! Just need some tips and any suggestions from ya'll on what I should bring and stock up on. Thanks ninjaz! weed

Whoop Whoop dogbeatz83 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 12, 2016
5:43 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

Condoms. Water. And Slim Jims. Thats all ya need. 

Whoop Whoop GanjaGoblin :

dogbeatz83, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

March 12, 2016
6:20 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

look back in the other threads and you will find a lot of good info on what to bring. im sure some of the more seasoned users can post links on the threads.  since this is the 3rd one at legend valley there is definitely some things that you would want to bring that will make a huge difference.

1) comfy shoes for the rocks. the trails to and from everyone are covered with little rocks/stones that will tear your feet up and hurt by day 2. If you got a good pair of hiking boots bring em

2) a jacket/windbreaker. It can get cold during the night hours even in the summer. 

3) vitamin c or emergen-c. keep your immune system good. there are a lot of germs flying around lol

and of course water/sunblock. 

other than that its up to you and what kind of gathering experience you want. some ninja have enough just to get in the door and wing it on the rest and some big money hustlas who got it covered from soup to nuts. 

one thing I can tell you is that there are 2 gas stations right across from legend valley which are a short walk. they are stocked with snacks/drinks/beer/ice. there is also a wal mart not too far in health ohio so if you realize that you forgot something its not far at all. also the parking lot in close enough that if you don't want to get a car pass you can park and walk your gear to your campsite although if you have a lot of gear it might be a rough walk due to the rocks/hills. if you have any questions about legend valley lemme know. I tend to over plan so I have studied the grounds thoroughly...sometimes a little too much

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 12, 2016
6:52 pm
Skratchie
Skratchie
Members
Forum Posts: 277

Don't forget trash bags. I know it may sound crazy but they're very useful. Especially for trash! Also flip flops for the showers is a must have

Whoop Whoop Skratchie :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 12, 2016
10:02 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Skratchie said
Don't forget trash bags. I know it may sound crazy but they're very useful. Especially for trash! Also flip flops for the showers is a must have

there it is. 

twice, but especially the first part.  trash bags.  and i dont mean two bags, more like two boxes. 

pro tip:  bring a big pack of brand-new socks.  when you see me, you will say, 'good call.' 

very important:  except for critical shit that you have to have, dont bring anything that will bother you if its comes up missing or gets wrecked

wear your mint-condition og hockey jersey, expect to fall down in the pit. 

bring your super-fresh rare merch to show off, expect somebody to get it. 

expensive toys, ipads, pretty jewelry...  youll probably leave it sitting on a hay bale while youre sleep deprived. 

[edit] typo fix.

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

OCJ_Brendan, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Psyral, djscrubb, CellE2057, loaf

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 12, 2016
10:48 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

^^^^This right up here us the combo of essential life saving tips...so much so it must be looked at again by any first timer...dont take it from me I'm not working on my 9th this year or anything....

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

March 13, 2016
10:13 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9043

We brought fruit like kiwi and oranges, lots of water, and vitamins. Gotta at least ATTEMPT to balance out all of the beer and drugs. Comfy shoes are a definite. I wore big ass boots to Toledo, and even though that was an indoor venue, I couldn't barely stand by night three during Three 6 Mafia and Vanilla Ice. 

CHECK

FOR

TICKS

I am not at all playing. More than one Juggalo has contracted Lyme's disease at a recent Gathering, and I myself have dealt with it from living in a tent in the woods years back. It is a terrible disease, a misunderstood and controversial sickness that 90% of "doctors" misdiagnosed as something else and call you an idiot if you claim to have it. 

So bring tweezers to remove any ticks. If they are already engorged with your blood they can be easier to remove, but theor pinches can remain in your skin. Check for the infamous "bullseye rash" on your body, which means you have literally contracted the disease and need to get antibiotics ASAP! Have your girl or your fella inspect those hard-to-reach places. I cannot accentuate this enough. Check. For. Ticks.

Those of you travelling through Colorado... come get some THC/CBD/CBN herbal salves to use on your feet or for body pains, joint aches, bruises, etc. They rock. 

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

Psyral, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy, OCJ_Brendan, bayAreaShaman, deathmetaljuggalo
March 13, 2016
3:06 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

scruffy said

pro tip:  bring a big pack of brand-new socks.  when you see me, you will say, 'good call.' 

Y would u bring new socks, id figure that they would get destroyed, especially after icp plays. I plan on bringing shitty old shoes that way i can throw them out after icp and not lug around 2 pounds of mud, same goes for the socks.

March 13, 2016
3:34 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

scruffy said

Y would u bring new socks, id figure that they would get destroyed, especially after icp plays. I plan on bringing shitty old shoes that way i can throw them out after icp and not lug around 2 pounds of mud, same goes for the socks.

I'd assume for comfort reasons. I may have to invest in some comfy ass shoes. I usually rock boots but I can feel the blisters already.

This will be my first Gathering as well, thankfully I'll be traveling with a friend who as been to many a Gathering. She usually brings everything mentioned so far plus a solar shower and bathroom wipes. 

Whoop Whoop V_Ron :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 13, 2016
4:35 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

V_Ron said

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

scruffy said

I'd assume for comfort reasons. I may have to invest in some comfy ass shoes. I usually rock boots but I can feel the blisters already.

This will be my first Gathering as well, thankfully I'll be traveling with a friend who as been to many a Gathering. She usually brings everything mentioned so far plus a solar shower and bathroom wipes. 

bathroom wipes are a huge plus to have and hand sanitizer. I woke up drenched in sweat and those wipes cleaned me up proper. as far as your boots though it might not be a bad idea to bring them there. those little rocks on the trails are brutal. I had some sneakers and by day 2 my toes were cut and sore as fuck. it made walking a somewhat painful task to where I would dread taking each step.

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 13, 2016
8:46 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

scruffy said

Y would u bring new socks, id figure that they would get destroyed,

yes, yes they will. 

difference is, itll take all day for them to get destroyed, if not longer.  your usual pairs of thin-worn socks, however, will be holey tissue paper in a matter of hours. 

socks are cheap.  its absolutely worth it. 

i go for the thick as fuck crews with the extra padded sole, and when i throw on a fresh pair to kick off day two, its like bein born again. 

by the end of the gathering, im usually swappin em out twice daily.  not cuz theyre wrecked, but cuz my feet like to recuperate. 

[edit]  addendum: 

oh, about boots... 

i wear boots at the gathering.  you couldnt pay me cash money not to wear em. 

blisters, sometimes, yeah.  not every time.  just remember to bring the whatchacallit powder.  and new insoles are a good idea. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

bayAreaShaman, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

March 13, 2016
9:56 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Yeah my old ass jordans had to get replaced with my bouncin soles. Bring both i guess. 

Quick snacks that that will actually to somthing to you. Theae little tuna salad packs saved my ass. 

SPAM!!!! Lol maybe thats just me....

Flash lights, baby wipes, shade a hat something. Sun screen. Vitamins . a shit load of cigarettes. 

How u finna charge ur phone? Does it mattter? I was gonna take hella pictures for my homies but once inside those gates i gave a big fuck u to the outside world. What a treat...

Water water water. 

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

March 13, 2016
10:19 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

Fans.  The little hand-held kind, the kind that spray water, the larger battery powered kind for your tent (if you're tent camping).

but also jackets/blankets for the night/early morning.  Temperature variation in Ohio can be rather extreme.  

And you know how everyone is saying to bring water, and you're probably thinking "yea I'll bring a lot of water?" Like triple the amount of water you are planning to bring.  (I'm not kidding...unless you work construction or something you will probably drink more water in a day than you ever have in your life.)

@dogbeatz83 are you tent camping?  Have you camped before in your life?  Just wondering because I've seen some ninjas who literally have never been out of the city trying to tent camp at the gathering, and I would give some completely different tips to someone who has no experience with tent camping.

(I once saw some city ninjas trying to cook food on a fire, only they had mainly smoke--no flames to cook hotdogs over OR embers to cook potatoes with etc...and they literally were doing all of this under a low canopy.  They were pretty much suffocating in the smoke before they all ran out trying to breathe and someone told them that you're not supposed to have a fire inside a canopy!) 

Whoop Whoop JC :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 15, 2016
6:52 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518

Message received. lol I will bring the boots and definitely a new pair of insoles. I know Ohio can get hot as hell in the summer, I try to stay away from shoes that aren't light or breathable.

Spam! I'd fuck with a few Spam masubis during the Gathering. And by a few I mean a lot.

Whoop Whoop V_Ron :

bayAreaShaman, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 16, 2016
10:22 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members
Forum Posts: 434

Sudafed..

Whoop Whoop Bostin :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

youtube.com/c/bostinmckickass

March 19, 2016
10:43 am
dogbeatz83
dogbeatz83
Members
Forum Posts: 6

good lookin out everybody! i started a amazon list for shit to to pickup. im one of those dudes who likes to be hella prepared for shit. thanks again. i can't wait! shits going to be epic! cheers

Whoop Whoop dogbeatz83 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 24, 2016
11:16 am
kingmook
kingmook
Members
Forum Posts: 26

bring Food!, i made the mistake last yr acting like i was ballin and didnt bring no kind of food, and i straight up spent hundreds on food, (i know i could of asked the fam for a hot dog-cheeseburger here and there but i didnt), they was chargin 10 dollars for a hamburger...shit was retarded, bring yourself some shower shoes like the ones you got in jail, the showers there were not that bad, they cleaned them everyday and i noticed if you took a shower at night the lines were fast.....gatorrade, water...its hot and humid as fuck, stayed hydrated!, like people said here comfortable shoes....you will do alot of walking and there are hills you will be climbing to get to events....flashlights, that way you can find yourself back to your site when it gets dark...if ya smoke cigs, bring enough, another ninja might bum one or two or a whole pack and boom your out of smokes before ya know it!....and as always dont forget your smile, i seen ninjas thats up for days and lose that smile...hahaha...ninja

Whoop Whoop kingmook :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, loaf
April 5, 2016
9:35 pm
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859

Question. How much room does each person get to set up a camping area there? I mean we got a car pass, canopy and tent...is that all coo to post up. Also what are some opinions on where to post up. 

Whoop Whoop Split :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
April 6, 2016
12:57 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Split1open said
Question. How much room does each person get to set up a camping area there? I mean we got a car pass, canopy and tent...is that all coo to post up. Also what are some opinions on where to post up. 

a reasonable amount.  how much is reasonable, you say? 

well, you will know when youve been unreasonable, cuz your neighbors will start casually scoopin up your shit, and shovin it all into a little pile. and there wont be much you can do about it but squawk;  if youre one of those asses who thinks they need their own private ranch at the gathering, the ninjas around you arent likely to be sympathetic. 

youre talkin about canopy plus tent plus car, thats already a fairly large footprint.  i wouldnt count on gettin much more space than that.  hell, id be prepared to not have enough space for that.  never know. 

all that said, if you arent bein a jerk about it, and if the space is there, then you can more or less use it up.  just try not to cut off any paths. 

also... post up with a buncha flh forum types.  at least theyll know who you are.  maybe we can get the forum village thing to happen this year. 

beyond that, my opinion is that it doesnt really matter where you live.  place aint that big. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Split

April 6, 2016
5:32 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Split1open said

As far as this line of questioning goes, here's my .02

(and again, for those that need it, you REALLY REALLY should sift through the "Official Gathering" blah blah thread, there's a LOT of good info you can get from people who have gathered from BEFORE Legend Valley and from those that STARTED gathering AT Legend Valley. Perspectives n'shit.)

For the most part if you are TENTING, you can pretty much ignore what the "Info" page has to say about the distances between camps (but check it out just to add a specific answer to your question). It just doesn't work that way and it's pretty much just copied over from previous info pages. However, LAST YEAR they seemed to have gotten very specific about it when it came to the Balla RVs... which lead to HUGE swaths of PERFECTLY USABLE tent camping space just sitting open (people tried decorating these but I felt it just came off as a fuckin' waste). But I digest...

But there are a lot of factors involved in your questions: when did you get there, are you on a dirt road or in the grass, are you close or do you want to be near a stage, how much can you handle hill climbing, what are your shade concerns??? on and on...

The first thing I'd tell you is that you can NOT be meek about it! Once you have a place sussed out and you think you wanna lay down stakes somewhere... DO IT! Unless you are really getting up into someone else's shit or are blocking a thoroughfare of some kind (those tent lines become invisible at night), no one should be saying shit (and fuck taping shit off but try not to impede on those that have unless you just have no choice. You may have to use your "outside voice" with someone about it). Post up, make sure you go around and say HI and introduce yourselves. Not just because it's a safe thing to do and gives you more info about the people you'll be having around you for the next few days but cuz it's the fuckin' GATHERING! That's what you do!

For the most part, once the car and walking paths have been carved out, you park your car and camp behind or along side it. Your car will be your ruler. Some people park lengthwise and some back in so they can open their trunks and play music. If you manage to get in early enough to have the choice you may not even end up parking in a walking area and will just be in the back of a huge village. Shit they got tents now that belong to a set that can all be zipped TOGETHER to form some huge hobbit home kinda thing!! And don't forget that Gathering Juggalos are some fuckin' crafty inventive ninjas when it comes to this shit. From the tree ninjas defying gravity in their hammocks to the tarpers that just have a cover for the rain and a pillow lookin' comfier than ANYbody...! Crazy shit.

Another bit of advice I'd give is to go pour over YouTube "walkthrough" videos from the last few Gatherings at Legend Valley and with attention paid to when they are filming walking/driving down paths. You can see how the tents are situated...

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Split, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, deathmetaljuggalo

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
71 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

KennethSic, marijuana edibles, PromotionErump, Michaeletews, issuesthycloon

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845