April 20, 2024
39 Guests and 2 Members Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
OFFICIAL 17th annual Gathering of the Juggalos thread
January 20, 2016
9:40 pm
chunk801
chunk801
Lehi,UT
Members
Forum Posts: 308
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

lucem-ferre Hit me back if you do end up thinkin bout it, I was kinda jokingly talkin about it then did the math and figured out I could do it for around 1500 and now that's all that has been on my mind is juggling the thoughts of buying a car or putting it off for a minute so I can go to gotj but if I go I think it will be my last for a long time.

Whoop Whoop chunk801 :

Mr. Tidwell
January 20, 2016
9:56 pm
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104

chunk801 said
lucem-ferre Hit me back if you do end up thinkin bout it, I was kinda jokingly talkin about it then did the math and figured out I could do it for around 1500 and now that's all that has been on my mind is juggling the thoughts of buying a car or putting it off for a minute so I can go to gotj but if I go I think it will be my last for a long time.

If I get this job then next year, but I know I'm definitely not going to pop my gathering cherry this year.

Whoop Whoop King Lucem Ferre :

Mr. Tidwell, Nyro
January 20, 2016
10:28 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

King Lucem Ferre said
If I get this job then next year, but I know I'm definitely not going to pop my gathering cherry this year.

start planning/saving now, you can go next year either way. 

jus a thought. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Mr. Tidwell

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

January 21, 2016
11:46 am
thenewguy
Members
Forum Posts: 32

Very stoked on hanging more than one day this year, I'm making sure of it.

Whoop Whoop thenewguy :

Mr. Tidwell
January 21, 2016
7:59 pm
Bostin
Bostin
Members
Forum Posts: 434

Don't expect rydas.. If they don't perform you won't be disappointed.. If they do you'll be hella excited 

Whoop Whoop Bostin :

Mr. Tidwell

youtube.com/c/bostinmckickass

January 22, 2016
7:49 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

If memory serves some of the years I've gone Rydas either wasn't announced or at least when they played wasn't announced.  One year I think it was 2007 or 2009 they came out randomly during the main stage...I could be wrong but I think thats been a thing.

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

Mr. Tidwell

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

January 22, 2016
7:56 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559

Image Enlarger

Whoop Whoop PunkRockJuggalo :

Mr. Tidwell
January 22, 2016
9:32 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

I'm sure the border relates to the Wizard of the Hood show (duh). It's the first time they've put shit around the "unused" sections of the map.

I'm kinda trippin' on the inclusion though.

Is this an indication that WotH is that much more of a part of the overall theme of the 17th? (not that I wouldn't expect it to be as *I am totally stoked on it!) In that case... WTF is it doing going down on the Carousel Stage?!

Meh. I enjoy feigned speculation on Gathering shit. ya-right

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Mr. Tidwell

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

January 24, 2016
5:34 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

bump

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Mr. Tidwell

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

January 24, 2016
6:32 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

bump,

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Mr. Tidwell

January 24, 2016
6:48 pm
spadedninja4207
spadedninja4207
Members
Forum Posts: 55

Cant wait for woth! See you ninjas there be there or be square whoop whoop

Whoop Whoop spadedninja4207 :

Mr. Tidwell
January 25, 2016
2:35 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518

Cheshyr said
I'm sure the border relates to the Wizard of the Hood show (duh). It's the first time they've put shit around the "unused" sections of the map.

Is this an indication that WotH is that much more of a part of the overall theme of the 17th? (not that I wouldn't expect it to be as *I am totally stoked on it!) In that case... WTF is it doing going down on the Carousel Stage?!

Glad I'm not the only one nerding out about that.

I fully expect to see butterflies and oz themed imagery everywhere ... fuckin' magical. 

Whoop Whoop V_Ron :

Mr. Tidwell
January 28, 2016
7:12 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

The stars have aligned for me and imfinally able to afford and get off work for my 1st trip to the gathering. My question for all who been to this location is if the car pass is worth it. To me it seems that the outside parking lot isnt far from the festivities (purely speculation). Basically i just want the pros and cons cuz im not tryin to waste $100 for sumtin not necessary.

Is it more of a pain to get in and out of the park, i know i cant drive it in and out once its inside. Any and all insight is welcome. Knowledge  is power. Peace and MCL Ninjas

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Mr. Tidwell
January 28, 2016
7:59 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said
The stars have aligned for me and imfinally able to afford and get off work for my 1st trip to the gathering. My question for all who been to this location is if the car pass is worth it. To me it seems that the outside parking lot isnt far from the festivities (purely speculation). Basically i just want the pros and cons cuz im not tryin to waste $100 for sumtin not necessary.

Is it more of a pain to get in and out of the park, i know i cant drive it in and out once its inside. Any and all insight is welcome. Knowledge  is power. Peace and MCL Ninjas

I always do a car pass. It's a good place to lock up your valuables. Many people go without the car pass but I find it easier than walking all your gear and stuff to your camp site.

People without car passes make a mad dash to camp sites as soon as it opens but us car passers go in a long line so camp sites may not be where you want by the time you drive in.

Pros and cons either way.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

Mr. Tidwell, Nyro
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
January 28, 2016
8:52 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Damn thats sad u have to worry bout lockin shit up, but i aint a fool i always have my shit on lock. Damn in still on the fence bout campsite situation tho. I know im not gonna b part of da parking lot party the nite prior so showin up day of opening seems sketchy on some fuck dat line type shit and fuck no where to park type shit. What bout inspections and how long minute wise to get to thise gas stations.

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Mr. Tidwell
January 28, 2016
8:58 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

It depends on where you want to camp. You are right on your speculation that it is not that a far walk from the parking lot to the festivities but the land does have some hills and a lot of small rocks on the trails which can really tear your feet up if you have to do a lot of walking. Alakazam is the closest  to the parking lot obviously but its still a decent walk to the main stage and JCW stage and a somewhat long walk over a shit load of small annoying rocks to the Carousel stage. Missing link starts at the top of a hill and goes all the way down. There isn't much people going through there nor is there any festivities so its more remote but you gotta walk up that hill to get anywhere and if you got a lot of camping shit it could be a pain to lug. Oddity and Gypsy are located closer to all the action but a longer walk to the parking lot and full of tons of rocks. Pretty much on the map where you see the lines starting at the front gate are all the trails you walk on and they all are rocky and uneven. 

I didn't get the car pass last year because I would run to pick up meat,beer,and ice at the store each morning. I brought my charcoal grill and I didn't want to keep food on ice more than a day because the ice tends to melt quickly out there and I didn't want the meat to go bad. It you do have a lot of camping gear consider and don't want to pay for the car pass bring a cart or something to bring stuff in that you can pull. I saw someone with a red Radio Flyer wagon which was a good idea. 

@psyral-infection Hey man long time no talk. Hope all is well. You had some good info/advise last year that helped me plan ahead for the gathering. My question to you is about the mad dash. This past year I was parked across the street. They didn't open the main gate and let cars park there until I think about 7 or 8ish maybe even 9. After that was the notorious line of doom which I wanted no parts of. Was there even that mad dash? I did walk around the night before where the real parking lot was and did see a bunch of cars there but I don't know how they got there because when I arrived on Tuesday morning that entrance wasn't open. I didn't think anyone except for Ballas got their wristband until Wed morning. I did try to get in line on tues night/early Wed morning but when I found out the box office wasn't gonna open till the AM I just went across the street back to my car and partied for awhile. When I went to check the line early Wed I saw the same people in the same spot from when I got in line earlier. 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

Mr. Tidwell
January 29, 2016
2:13 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

Cheshyr said

Word on the street is some crew that is working with the scrub care unit is talking about making yellow brick walkways for part of the trail to go with the theme of the wizard of the hood. I'd expect it to be the intended highlight of the festival like clownageddon or whatever they called it was last year. 

I was thinking about the carousel stage too. They got Lotus there too, hoodoo and axe murder boys too. Maybe hoodoo will open for one and amb open for the other. I don't think hoodoo or amb would be strong enough to headline even that stage. I'm curious what their plan is. 

I'm so hype for it though. I don't really like wizard of the hood but I think it'll be fresh as fuck to see live. Definitely plan on being there for that set.

January 29, 2016
2:15 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

V_Ron said

Cheshyr said

Glad I'm not the only one nerding out about that.

I fully expect to see butterflies and oz themed imagery everywhere ... fuckin' magical. 

I really hope the pendant is a butterfly.

January 31, 2016
6:14 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Upon closer STARING blankly at the GotJ map, I noticed something...

http://www.juggalogathering.co.....16-MAP.jpg

I noticed that there are TWO icons denoting "Ticket Office" on EITHER SIDE of the main road that is the entrance.

Perhaps this is the new ticketing strategy? Ticket trailers on either side of the street, possibly one for those WITH tickets and the other for those that still need to buy allowing for those driving in to have a clear avenue to do so...? What a fuckin' concept!!!

But then again, that'd make too much sense and be too easy...

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Mr. Tidwell

January 31, 2016
7:17 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

Cheshyr said
Upon closer STARING blankly at the GotJ map, I noticed something...

http://www.juggalogathering.co.....16-MAP.jpg

I noticed that there are TWO icons denoting "Ticket Office" on EITHER SIDE of the main road that is the entrance.

Perhaps this is the new ticketing strategy? Ticket trailers on either side of the street, possibly one for those WITH tickets and the other for those that still need to buy allowing for those driving in to have a clear avenue to do so...? What a fuckin' concept!!!

But then again, that'd make too much sense and be too easy...

dare to dream. If the would have opened the box office on Tuesday than that line might have been cut in half. I get not opening the gates and having people park across the street and all but even if they opened the box office that night it would of been a lot smoother. I tried to ask the staff when I got there on Tuesday morning when the box office would be open and no one seemed to know ANYTHING. loco

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

Mr. Tidwell
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
39 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845