April 26, 2024
73 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
OFFICIAL 17th annual Gathering of the Juggalos thread
February 1, 2016
3:42 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Mr. Tidwell said

I really hope the pendant is a butterfly.

^this^ 

I like my charm from last years but a butterfly charm would instantly go to a prized possession for me. 

Cheshyr said
Upon closer STARING blankly at the GotJ map, I noticed something...

http://www.juggalogathering.co.....16-MAP.jpg

I noticed that there are TWO icons denoting "Ticket Office" on EITHER SIDE of the main road that is the entrance.

Perhaps this is the new ticketing strategy? Ticket trailers on either side of the street, possibly one for those WITH tickets and the other for those that still need to buy allowing for those driving in to have a clear avenue to do so...? What a fuckin' concept!!!

But then again, that'd make too much sense and be too easy...

Damn, I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out. Good lookin out. I looked at the map, noticed it was the same as last years but with Wizard of the Hood imagery and that was it. An extra ticket trailer would, one has to assume, cut the line times in half, right? Like you said though, that makes way too much sense and seems an easy solution so probably not gonna happen. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

Mr. Tidwell
February 6, 2016
6:52 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

This will be my first Gathering this year. I've read all the horror stories about the long lines, so really hoping that I luck out this first time around and there are two ticket lines. fingers crossed, haha 

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

Mr. Tidwell
February 7, 2016
8:25 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

deathmetaljuggalo said
This will be my first Gathering this year. I've read all the horror stories about the long lines, so really hoping that I luck out this first time around and there are two ticket lines. fingers crossed, haha 

One thing that a lot of people who didn't have to wait long had said was they were in line early so it wasn't as bad. My mistake was I didn't scope shit out and just assumed they weren't gonna open the ticket trailer till Wed morning. I got there on Tues morning and parked in the lot across the street. When I walked up to the trailer they had no clue when it would be open. Then I went off of what I heard others say and didn't check for myself. By late tues/wed morning I saw the line wrap around the bend into that small little lot. I still didn't think they opened the ticket booth though and if they did shit was moving slow. After reading other peoples posts it seems like they did open the booth that night and shit just moved slow. Best thing I can tell you is that if you do get there early to find out from the right people whats going on or just get a chair and wait by the trailer until they open. 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

Mr. Tidwell
February 7, 2016
11:17 pm
JonnMilenko
JonnMilenko
Members
Forum Posts: 188

the line was BS for a number of reasons:

1. No one knew about when they would open so there was a bunch of rumors so that when it opened it was chaos that first night.....Organizing juggalos is like herding Cats....the ass end of the line was around that bend and single file....the middle where everyone and their homies decided fuck the line and bulged it out to like 8 lines, that in the end merged into two gated lanes, so the huge bulging clusterfuck was mashing into a gated maze to the Trailors......

2. the trailers mas manned by 3 people....a fat chick that acted like she was scarred and didnt want to be there so she moved super slow.....a chick on crutches....and one other semi-competent chick.....untill 6 hours into it when J-webb final showed up and (tried) to re-order the chaos with songs n shit....

the Maze was a stupid Idea......there should have been a proper time posted when the would open....and the booth windows should be manned by COMPETENT people who know how to deal with thousands of unruly Juggalos.

but dont hold your breath...itll be a clusterfuck this year too knowing them they will underestimate the traffic we are going to have.....so my advice it to get there Early at least a day or two and post up....

Bring the following:....Chair...Umbrella.....Drink....Sunblock....phones to stay on the Gathering app....weed and a bunch of patience.......any Juggalo lines can be a blast if you take what you get out of it and have fun.

Whoop Whoop JonnMilenko :

Mr. Tidwell
February 8, 2016
1:03 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

That line was unique to that year.

The previous (the first held at Legend Valley) did NOT have that problem AT ALL. That year I got there on the day OF around 3pm and it took all of MAYBE 20min to get my tickets redeemed and managed to get a pretty kick ass campsite too.

But like was said, there was NO credible info regarding when they would open the windows. I recall asking people walking past if they had been, late into the evening and no one knew until WAY late in the evening.

The line maze was eventually taken away and at one point they stuck Natalie The Ring Girl up there with the two other guys that were working by the time I came within view of the trailer.

Personally, I think they really owe everyone a much better go at it this year. WHen people are LITERALLY falling out of the line and being carted off by medics.... maaaaaaaybe they might wanna FIGURE IT THE FUCK OUT and get things moving. Gee, how about just setting up a damn table for people WITH tickets? How 'bout looking into providing some kind of shade or providing water? At first the "entrepreneurs" were makin' a buck selling waters but it wasn't until the Scrub Care Unit started regularly going through the line and tossing them that there was anything like attention being paid to the issue.

Anything like that shit going on this year should be considered WHOLLY unacceptable and a cause to fuckin' riot!

Fuck That Line!

Oh and ps, it helps to resist the urge to get yer drink on during the Lot Party. That's the one night you're gonna wanna try to stay up as long as you can until you get that bracelet on your wrist. Everyone's best case scenario is just to get their shit inside, set it up and then either walk around or flat out CRASH for a few hours until MainStage at 6p... if yer lucky it would seem.

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Mr. Tidwell

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

February 8, 2016
1:18 am
JonnMilenko
JonnMilenko
Members
Forum Posts: 188

J-webb and Jumpsteady have put their words on it that this year they would have that shit together....sounds like you got stuck during the day in the line....mad ninjas got stupid sick cause of the sun and dehydration.....the sunburn was terrible.....they do kind owe the ticket holding juggalos away in apart from the willcalls and last minute ticket ninjas.

Whoop Whoop JonnMilenko :

Mr. Tidwell
February 8, 2016
11:23 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members
Forum Posts: 434

Cheshyr said

The previous (the first held at Legend Valley) did NOT have that problem AT ALL. That year I got there on the day OF around 3pm and it took all of MAYBE 20min to get my tickets redeemed and managed to get a pretty kick ass campsite too.

But like was said, there was NO credible info regarding when they would open the windows. I recall asking people walking past if they had been, late into the evening and no one knew until WAY late in the evening.

The line maze was eventually taken away and at one point they stuck Natalie The Ring Girl up there with the two other guys that were working by the time I came within view of the trailer.

Personally, I think they really owe everyone a much better go at it this year. WHen people are LITERALLY falling out of the line and being carted off by medics.... maaaaaaaybe they might wanna FIGURE IT THE FUCK OUT and get things moving. Gee, how about just setting up a damn table for people WITH tickets? How 'bout looking into providing some kind of shade or providing water? At first the "entrepreneurs" were makin' a buck selling waters but it wasn't until the Scrub Care Unit started regularly going through the line and tossing them that there was anything like attention being paid to the issue.

Anything like that shit going on this year should be considered WHOLLY unacceptable and a cause to fuckin' riot!

Fuck That Line!

Oh and ps, it helps to resist the urge to get yer drink on during the Lot Party. That's the one night you're gonna wanna try to stay up as long as you can until you get that bracelet on your wrist. Everyone's best case scenario is just to get their shit inside, set it up and then either walk around or flat out CRASH for a few hours until MainStage at 6p... if yer lucky it would seem.

I got in the line tuesday night and got my bracelet, drinkin and smoking, you gotta know yourself tho. Don't get crazy drunk where you don't know what you're doing and wonder off, or drop acid.. SAVE THE ACID UNTIL YOU GET YOUR SITE SET UP

Whoop Whoop Bostin :

Mr. Tidwell

youtube.com/c/bostinmckickass

February 8, 2016
12:57 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

Bostin said

I got in the line tuesday night and got my bracelet, drinkin and smoking, you gotta know yourself tho. Don't get crazy drunk where you don't know what you're doing and wonder off, or drop acid.. SAVE THE ACID UNTIL YOU GET YOUR SITE SET UP

^this^  Once I realized that my girl and I would have to camp out across the road for the night and find the line in the AM, I got settled in and did just enough chemical stimulant to be sociable and get up early as fuck. I'd recommend doing about half of your usual limit because you're not going to get much sleep and you're going to be in the line/sun for quite awhile. Priorities and shit. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

Mr. Tidwell
February 8, 2016
4:08 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Yeah, if there was ONE thing that I can (and have) kick myself for as MAYBE being something that had I not, MAY have saved me a LOT of trouble: and that was drinking on Day 0.

I'm one of those people that like to measure their shots. For no other reason really than I know EXACTLY how much it takes to get me there, how much I've had, when I'm at the redline and how many more will push me out. But for some reason (more than likely my access or lack thereof to food), I seemed to have overdone it. Managed to get more drunk than I wanted, crashed out in my car... opened the door to puke at one point as I recall... and woke up at 6a still hungover and having to deal with a "potty emergency" of my own (a story that will never be told) and got into "The Line" just before 9a.

But all that aside, as I've said before, there was NO WAY OF KNOWING -*NONE*- that all of us would be in line ALL DAY... No amount of shit talkin' about "You should have had... You should have done..." can ever convince me that a 7+hr wait in line is any kind of thing ANYONE can/could/orSHOULD be expected to anticipate for. And yeah, even though I had *AN amazing Gathering experience but it all but ruined the one I *wanted to have and planned for.

But here's a free tip if this kind of shit should happen again: Family will share.

It never really dawned on MANY of the people to simply ASK if it would be alright to save a place so that you could go get some shit. It wasn't until everyone started needing to use the bathroom and people were kinda having to anyway, but for myself, I was there BY myself. I just wasn't sure how the line would react. I mean, after HOUR 4, everyone was mobbed up with each other and keeping each other company. I could'a gotten my chair with the springy umbrella attachment on it, the water, the smoke et al... But there were those that were smart (or brave/ballsy enough) to ASK... and it was cool. *IF*... you ask in the right direction! Don't ask the ninja in FRONT of you to save a spot, ask the one BEHIND you! Cuz THEY are the ones letting you back in front of THEM. I'll tell anybody, "Sure you can get back in line BEHIND me"... no skin off MY teeth.

killjoy

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Mr. Tidwell

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

February 8, 2016
6:38 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8175

the_positive_smack said
Cheshyr said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyZDq76T74

This is clearly the work of Rave Satan.

RaveSatan.gifImage Enlarger

Whoop Whoop krunk :

Nyro
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

February 8, 2016
6:39 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3593

Holy shit Cheshyr you want some cheese with that whine?

Nobody feels sorry for your long wait in line, bro.

Get over it.

February 8, 2016
9:56 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members

Bostin said

Cheshyr said

Fuck That Line!

NOW you guys warn me about the acid. Woulda coulda shoulda holy-shit My own eagerness to get there was my biggest mistake. I left NJ around 2 am Mon night and pretty much drove straight though minus an hour nap at a rest stop and a stop to the Heath Walmart. I got there around 10 er so and posted up across the street and parked in that long line of cars facing away from Legend Valley. I didn't sleep all night since I thought it was a good idea to hang out with Lucy...woulda coulda shoulda. I gave up on the line opening up overnight when I checked around 1 or 2 am and realized the line wasn't moving and people were just posted there waiting. Then around 5 or so I checked the line again and saw the same people in the same spot a few hours later. After a little cat nap in my car I noticed around 8 or so cars were leaving the lot across the street so I did the same. After seeing how slow the line was moving and the lack of staff I left and checked into a hotel just so I could sleep since I didn't really sleep since Sunday. Lesson learned for sure. I didn't set up camp until Thursday afternoon and I was on a hill in Alakazam that isn't even on the map. It was right next to kindle rd and right in the sun. Woulda Coulda Shoulda frown But anyways that was last year and hopefully things go better this time around. 

@cheshyr I wish I didn't over look your advise about taping your toes when it came to the rocks. I got a pair of cheap hiker boots from Walmart and it didn't help me at all. By Friday my toes were torn and red as hell. It hurt just to walk and it was not fun at all. Hopefully you took your own advise because I will definitely be doing that even if I get a good pair of hiking boots. Also I saw your video from the gathering and it looked like you parked near where I was across the street the night before. Did you happen to see some dude jump out the window of that empty house? That was my friend who thought it was a good idea lol I think he sprained his ankle

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

Mr. Tidwell
February 10, 2016
7:14 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

phreakcore said

@cheshyr I wish I didn't over look your advise about taping your toes when it came to the rocks. I got a pair of cheap hiker boots from Walmart and it didn't help me at all. By Friday my toes were torn and red as hell. It hurt just to walk and it was not fun at all. Hopefully you took your own advise because I will definitely be doing that even if I get a good pair of hiking boots. Also I saw your video from the gathering and it looked like you parked near where I was across the street the night before. Did you happen to see some dude jump out the window of that empty house? That was my friend who thought it was a good idea lol I think he sprained his ankle

1) Thanks for watching my vid! I know it's shit but I hope it's at least an entertaining perspective. I'll do better THIS year!!!

2) No I didn't see anyone playing around in that barn but since then I've seen that many of the more photographic ninjas seemed to also think that the place was a good shoot location ( check Hazinlane's page ). But I COULD have... can't say for sure seeing as I got myself so blitzed so early (ie before 3am)

3) That kinda shit is the stuff that you can only know AFTER you've Gathered. I gots the flat feet so even if I have on shoes that are the "correct" size, my shit's WIDE. Normally that wouldn't be an issue but with Legend Valley's friggin' rock situation, the sawing motion of slipping back and forth on them takes its toll on the outer toe digits after several hours/days worth of motion. It's the REPETITION of the motion and not just the one time. Ya know... how water torture works... You'd think (or at least *I did) that choosing some kind of shoe option that was closest to bare feet (like skate/deck shoes or those gawd aweful toe shoes) but after a few miles of having to walk slowly to avoid the jagged edges... that why THIS year I'm gonna pick up some boots that are like fuckin' BLOCKS so that if I'm not CRUSHING shit under 'em, they aren't twisting my ankles trying to get across!!!

If you have the same kinda problem, wrapping a band-aid around your big and little toes is just an ounce of prevention an' all that shit.

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Mr. Tidwell

February 10, 2016
10:19 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members

Cheshyr said

phreakcore said

1) Thanks for watching my vid! I know it's shit but I hope it's at least an entertaining perspective. I'll do better THIS year!!!

2) No I didn't see anyone playing around in that barn but since then I've seen that many of the more photographic ninjas seemed to also think that the place was a good shoot location ( check Hazinlane's page ). But I COULD have... can't say for sure seeing as I got myself so blitzed so early (ie before 3am)

3) That kinda shit is the stuff that you can only know AFTER you've Gathered. I gots the flat feet so even if I have on shoes that are the "correct" size, my shit's WIDE. Normally that wouldn't be an issue but with Legend Valley's friggin' rock situation, the sawing motion of slipping back and forth on them takes its toll on the outer toe digits after several hours/days worth of motion. It's the REPETITION of the motion and not just the one time. Ya know... how water torture works... You'd think (or at least *I did) that choosing some kind of shoe option that was closest to bare feet (like skate/deck shoes or those gawd aweful toe shoes) but after a few miles of having to walk slowly to avoid the jagged edges... that why THIS year I'm gonna pick up some boots that are like fuckin' BLOCKS so that if I'm not CRUSHING shit under 'em, they aren't twisting my ankles trying to get across!!!

If you have the same kinda problem, wrapping a band-aid around your big and little toes is just an ounce of prevention an' all that shit.

I like watching the videos to bring back the memories and to trigger memories and things I might have forgotten. I enjoyed the personal perspective your video had. The place you call "chill hill" was a spot I posted at too. More toward the bottom near the rocks. The older I get the more I realized that I'm more comfortable not being submerged in a see of drunk people staggering all over each other and me. I need my space. Also there was hella more people this year than last so it was more packed even further back. Plus I like videos to see where people camped and and scout out where I wanna try to camp at. I camped right across from the far right corner of the fence separating the fence and parking lot parallel to kindle rd. Its not even on the gathering map but you can see it on google or bing maps. I was in the middle of the field on a hill. Totally sucked. 

I hear ya on the flat feet. I'm a 13w myself. I got some Fred Flintstones for sure. If you come across any good shoes/boots let me know. I'm not gonna get another Walmart special. 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

Mr. Tidwell
February 11, 2016
9:20 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members
Forum Posts: 434

phreakcore 

If ya like GOTJ videos check out my youtube channel in my signature :-D it's mostly artist videos tho.

Whoop Whoop Bostin :

Mr. Tidwell

youtube.com/c/bostinmckickass

February 15, 2016
5:35 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

The other day i watched the GOTJ dvd from the shangri la album and the number 17 flashes across the screen several times subliminally. I forgot about that shit but i do remember pondering on y they did that back then. Now wit J hyping the 17th annual i wonder if they were tryin to tell us sumtin bout the 17 gathering.

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Mr. Tidwell
February 15, 2016
10:25 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said
The other day i watched the GOTJ dvd from the shangri la album and the number 17 flashes across the screen several times subliminally. I forgot about that shit but i do remember pondering on y they did that back then. Now wit J hyping the 17th annual i wonder if they were tryin to tell us sumtin bout the 17 gathering.

dont exactly count as subliminal when its as obvious as that. 

i mean, the graphic came up each time he spoke the word 'seventeen'.  closer to superliminal. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Mr. Tidwell

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 15, 2016
10:51 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518

Wow, I haven't watched that in awhile. That was such a cool video to see at that time, still is. He was genuinely nervous, nothing near the wrestler promo days of Shockumentary. 

Got me feelin' all nostalgic and shit.

Whoop Whoop V_Ron :

Mr. Tidwell
February 15, 2016
11:26 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

V_Ron said
Wow, I haven't watched that in awhile. That was such a cool video to see at that time, still is. He was genuinely nervous, nothing near the wrestler promo days of Shockumentary. 

Got me feelin' all nostalgic and shit.

that video bugs me just a lil bit, cuz i missed the thing. 

while that shit was goin on, i was standing outside the door to the hall, bullshittin with jumpsteady.  and jump is like, 'damn, ninjas, im real sorry we cant let you in there, but its already overpacked and they might shut us down.  sorry youre missin it'.  et cetera. 

i didnt consider it a big deal.  figured it would be like the previous seminars:  they show up, talk about how awesome juggalos are, tell a story or two, seminar over.  knew there would be announcements, but i also knew id hear about the sixth as soon as everybody came out. 

when i saw the dvd, it finally occurred to me why jump was apologetic [seriously, why apologize to me?  im the dumbass that went off to some alley to smoke blunts at a bad time].  i also understood why they moved the seminar to that big hall at the last minute; so that damn near everybody could be there [and damn near everybody was;  outside it was me and about two dozen ninjas walkin back and forth to hoops for shots, and the rest of the place was dead as fuck]. 

one of those not-as-common-as-you-might-think juggalo history moments when icp actually under-hyped the significance of it.  today, that particular seminar is kinda looked at as THE icp seminar.  the official kickoff of the diamond rain yada yada yada. 

wish i had witnessed it, but life is timing. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Mr. Tidwell

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 16, 2016
12:08 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

you really think they had anything planned that far in advance? 17 has always been a thing that's been around and it don't have any special meaning with regards to things to come, it's just a trademark of theirs to make people wonder what they're talking about. The 17th will likely be pretty dope because they're going to try and have some shit go down but I guarantee you everything that happens was planned in the past year or two.

I was talking to jumpsteady before the last one about the art show and they did the show the way they did because he wants there to be an actual gallery show of work at the 17th and he's worried about shit getting stolen like in the past. 

I think they're gonna go above and beyond with this one but I don't think it's going to be the last one, or whatever else they could possibly be alluding too.

I remember when shangri la was coming out and they said something big was gonna happen at the gathering people thought they were gonna kill themselves or some stupid shit. 

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
87 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

RobertFef, Eugenevot, RobertCem, Michaelpep, Robertadugs

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845