April 26, 2024
82 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Official 18th Annual GOTJ 2017 Discussion Thread
May 28, 2017
9:13 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

yeah, i coulda re-purposed the t-shirt thread, or some similar shit, but i didnt.  what the hell.  

anyway, not much in the way of gathering talk been goin on, considering the time frame, so i thought id get into it some.  

so, for one, whos goin to this mufucka?  

for another...  meetup massacres?  villages?   cant-miss-goings-on?  

rideshares?  networking with the road dogs?  

et cetera.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

May 28, 2017
9:53 pm
Chuckieboy
Members
Forum Posts: 898

Me and my girl usually go, we were auctually gonna miss this year because I have a shit load of fines to pay, but I have a shitty feeling it's not gonna happen too many more times. I'd say I'm wrong, but I have that feeling. They usually have the infomercial for it by now right? Idk between the last twiztid show and the way los act towards each other on YouTube it seems like it's definitely gonna be scaled down

May 29, 2017
6:03 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

I think they chose a bad location, heat and proximity to the neighbors are going to cause problems. And they decided to perform one of my least favorite albums. 

I'm not attending this year, its actually the first year that I'm not interested in going. The fact that we only know Green Jello and Madchild are the only 2 non-PSY acts announced and its taking place in less than 2 months doesnt instill confidence.  

May 29, 2017
6:33 am
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

I looked up average humidity in OKC in July and it is like 86% or something close to that. In Colorado, not even our lakes have 86% humidity. I'm having a mini heat stroke just sitting here thinking about it. That water park is going to look pretty fucking affordable when I'm knocking on deaths door. I know, I get dramatic. 86% though? Fuck me. 

May 29, 2017
7:29 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9041

Chuckieboy said
Me and my girl usually go, we were auctually gonna miss this year because I have a shit load of fines to pay, but I have a shitty feeling it's not gonna happen too many more times. I'd say I'm wrong, but I have that feeling. They usually have the infomercial for it by now right? Idk between the last twiztid show and the way los act towards each other on YouTube it seems like it's definitely gonna be scaled down  

Everyone, stop worrying that "it's not going to happen again". Even if it doesnt, life goes on. You did it before. Some of us, more than once like myself. Some, like Scruffy and Scottie, every time.

Just enjoy the fact that you did it. You got to experience that. Many, many many many don't. Some are bedridden. In labor. Kidnapped. Suicidal. Agoraphobic but still wishing they had the strength to hang. Dead. In jail. Obligations at home.

This Wave Speech has always reminded me of The Gathering. 

Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .

History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of “history” it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.

My central memory of that time seems to hang on one or five or maybe forty nights—or very early mornings—when I left the Fillmore half-crazy and, instead of going home, aimed the big 650 Lightning across the Bay Bridge at a hundred miles an hour wearing L. L. Bean shorts and a Butte sheepherder's jacket . . . booming through the Treasure Island tunnel at the lights of Oakland and Berkeley and Richmond, not quite sure which turn-off to take when I got to the other end (always stalling at the toll-gate, too twisted to find neutral while I fumbled for change) . . . but being absolutely certain that no matter which way I went I would come to a place where people were just as high and wild as I was: No doubt at all about that. . . .

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. If not across the Bay, then up the Golden Gate or down 101 to Los Altos or La Honda. . . . You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. . . .

And that, I think, was the handle—that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting—on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Guest said
I looked up average humidity in OKC in July and it is like 86% or something close to that. In Colorado, not even our lakes have 86% humidity. I'm having a mini heat stroke just sitting here thinking about it. That water park is going to look pretty fucking affordable when I'm knocking on deaths door. I know, I get dramatic. 86% though? Fuck me.   

Was just at a work party explaining to Coloradians how much worse humid heat is than dry. But, you'll be fine. Shade, ice, spray bottles. 

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

scruffy
May 29, 2017
8:45 am
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

Yeah I grew up in Rochester I know humid but Lake Ontario is a bit north of OK. I'm cool with heat, cool with humidity... but put them together I start to wilt. I like it dry af. 

Whoop Whoop Guest :

Old Mr Dangerous
May 29, 2017
10:44 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Guest said
Yeah I grew up in Rochester I know humid but Lake Ontario is a bit north of OK. I'm cool with heat, cool with humidity... but put them together I start to wilt. I like it dry af.   

Flying into Rochester in a few weeks to visit my people back home. My first clown show was The Dome Arena near Henrietta. 1998.

75 muggy heat up north is worse than 90 degree dry Colorado, agreed. Plus NY and shit are super ticked out with ticks. Scares me cus I have Lyme and my youngest got it down here somehow.

May 29, 2017
12:36 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

guess its the 'discuss your problems with the gathering' thread.  

oh well.  way things have been goin with juggalos this year, i cant say i expected different.  

Chuckieboy said   
... but I have a shitty feeling it's not gonna happen too many more times. I'd say I'm wrong, but I have that feeling.     

in 2011, i believe, my homie said 'every gathering could be the last one.'  

and he was right.  that alone got me to stop talkin bout 'maybe next year'.  

Old Mr Dangerous said    
Everyone, stop worrying that "it's not going to happen again". Even if it doesnt, life goes on. You did it before. Some of us, more than once like myself. Some, like Scruffy and Scottie, every time.    

not every time.  eight of seventeen.  i gotta make it this year to even be able to claim half the time.  

scottie, yeah.  

far as humidity...  dry heat is far more dangerous, statistically.  its cuz you dont realize how badly the heat is fuckin you up, you just keep toolin along until you abruptly flop.  when its humid as hell, you know youre gettin fucked up long before it debilitates you.  

im sayin, be glad that the humidity is there to keep you on your toes.  between the two, i prefer to have the advance warning.  

either way, though, drink water.  problem solved.  or problem ameliorated, anyway.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

May 29, 2017
12:51 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

I'm looking forward to it. Thanks to super generous homies, I get to go even though I never  expected to.

Shangri La? Dope!

Green Jelly? Double dope.

Scruffy, shaman, brit, jc? Fucking triple dope.

Less crowded? Quadruple titty fucking dope!

Once the full line up is revealed I'm sure I'll get to add more to the list.

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

scruffy, bayAreaShaman

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

May 29, 2017
2:14 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Noah Fence said
brit

Image Enlarger

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

May 29, 2017
3:06 pm
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859

We just had the baby and everything but shit I wanna go.

Its only 6 hours away from me this yr...

I may just roll in.

Whoop Whoop Split :

scruffy
May 29, 2017
4:18 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

bayAreaShaman said

Noah Fence said
brit

Image Enlarger

Huh? Lol

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

May 29, 2017
4:46 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Noah Fence said

Huh? Lol  

I believe they're no longer an item, homie. Glad I got to meet yall, anyway. 

bayAreaShaman
May 29, 2017
6:15 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

Oh, how'd I miss that? My bad. 

May 29, 2017
6:55 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Im going!!!! 

@violentdope what u gonna do????

@split1open hope u go!!!!!

Noah lol we broke up a while ago. Its all gravy

I plan on doing a bbq again, hopefully @phreakcore whips some shit up!! 

Maybe one every day so we make sure ppl eat! Maybe tie it in with some sort of massacre???

Uhhh yeah we need that schedule!!

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

Noah Fence, scruffy, Split

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

May 29, 2017
8:40 pm
Hypnotized Ninja
Members
Forum Posts: 827

Definitely gonna be there.

Whoop Whoop Hypnotized Ninja :

bayAreaShaman, scruffy
May 29, 2017
9:54 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

bayAreaShaman said
Im going!!!! 

I have been getting my skills up but its not looking good for me going this year. Besides getting a promotion at work which has me now running 2 locations, my wife is 5 weeks pregnant. Still though I haven't totally ruled it out. I would have to fly in and pack my tent and just hit up a walmart on the way for supplies via uber or cab and just keep it lean and mean with what I have. Obviously it can and has been done but I don't know if I really can justify spending the loot when I got a baby coming. not that I'm crying poor mouth I'm just trying not to be so impulsive. 

As I reflect on the last 3 years of my life and even my life as whole, going to the gathering were some of the best moments. Last year by far the best of the 3 and it was because of the FLH Village. That to me was what made it a real GATHERING. Lineups,comedians,etc; really don't matter at this point. Just to be there again with a lot of you guys would be worth the cost of admission.  Realistically if there was a "one last time" for me it would have to be this year because once the baby is here its gonna start a new chapter in my life and my wifes also. Not that I still won't check out local shows but I could see a vacation with the family to the Jersey Shore long before I ever make it to another gathering. If its gonna happen, it will. If not I'll just wait for all your pictures and post after and hope there will be a time we all meet again. 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

Hypnotized Ninja, scruffy, bayAreaShaman, djscrubb, Maryonette
May 30, 2017
7:15 am
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390

phreakcore said

bayAreaShaman said
Im going!!!! 

Realistically if there was a "one last time" for me it would have to be this year because once the baby is here its gonna start a new chapter in my life and my wifes also. Not that I still won't check out local shows but I could see a vacation with the family to the Jersey Shore long before I ever make it to another gathering. If its gonna happen, it will. If not I'll just wait for all your pictures and post after and hope there will be a time we all meet again.   

Congrats homie!!!  Being a dad rules.  I can agree, being a new dad, going to the Gathering will not be on your list of things to do when your baby is here, it wasn't for me either.  Maybe when he gets a little older Ill make it again, cuz I really do want my wife to experience it once at least.  

May 30, 2017
9:55 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8175

Old Mr Dangerous said 

Towelie.jpgImage Enlarger

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

May 30, 2017
10:30 pm
Chuckieboy
Members
Forum Posts: 898

Yea, scruff, but This one feels alot different to me already. Not just with the makij ninja shit. It's definitely declining

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
82 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

TylerBlegO, Anthonyunott, Jamesurify, Jacobdit, RobertSnics

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845