March 28, 2024
60 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Official 18th Annual GOTJ 2017 Discussion Thread
June 9, 2017
9:08 pm
sazarah
sazarah
Members
Forum Posts: 47
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Got my tix in the mail today, too! Can't wait...

Whoop Whoop sazarah :

scruffy, Maryonette
June 11, 2017
12:51 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

Just checked out a dandypunk... Not sure why this is being listed as a comedian or how it's working with Keegan but holy shit

https://vimeo.com/75460725

That shit is dope

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

June 11, 2017
8:47 am
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

Noah Fence said
Just checked out a dandypunk... Not sure why this is being listed as a comedian or how it's working with Keegan but holy shit

https://vimeo.com/75460725

That shit is dope  

Yeah, was trying to figure out why Keegan would be necessary but he might just do a set and hype the audience before dandypunk. Either way, Spicy P and I are very much hoping to make this, fingers crossed for no scheduling conflicts. 

I should bring my friend Lucy to check this out, I think she would very much like it. 

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

scruffy
June 11, 2017
10:39 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

Yeah i actually think I'm more hype for this than anything else announced. 

This shit is like a theatrical version of the kind of art i want to make, eventually. 

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

June 11, 2017
2:57 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

I'm headed up to Wyoming right now to look for GOTJ fireworks. Wyoming has zero firework sales restrictions and they sell shit that is insanely powerful. Bringing four bills looking for the loud shit. Staying away from inciderary devices just looking for that bang pow boom shit. Wish me luck. 

June 11, 2017
4:35 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Guest said    
Wish me luck.        

for fireworks?!  

fuck nah.  muthafuck nah.  

no luck.  

leave them shits.  really.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Noah Fence, Chuckieboy, Maryonette

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

June 11, 2017
5:10 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

Fireworks are for dudes with little dicks.

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

scruffy, Maryonette

June 11, 2017
5:14 pm
Chuckieboy
Members
Forum Posts: 898

scruffy said

Guest said    
Wish me luck.        

for fireworks?!  

fuck nah.  muthafuck nah.  

no luck.  

leave them shits.  really.    

Me and my girl both got hit by the same big ass mortar waitin for killjoy club last year. It auctually fucked her up and burned me pretty bad, those cats ran like bitches. It burnt our shirts uo, hit us from like 10 yards away, direct fuckin hit to my forehead and her leg. This big ass juggalo who I didn't know chased them bitches but they disappeared amongst the crowd and darkness. Id eaten some funny sugar cubes earlier in the day so I never even had time to react

Whoop Whoop Chuckieboy :

scruffy
June 11, 2017
6:28 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Chuckieboy said

Me and my girl both got hit by the same big ass mortar waitin for killjoy club last year. It auctually fucked her up and burned me pretty bad, those cats ran like bitches. It burnt our shirts uo, hit us from like 10 yards away, direct fuckin hit to my forehead and her leg. This big ass juggalo who I didn't know chased them bitches but they disappeared amongst the crowd and darkness. Id eaten some funny sugar cubes earlier in the day so I never even had time to react  

If i catch anyone doing that shit im not gonna even talk.

Im off on your head. 

Dont care how many or who u with.

How big u are.

Not a goddam word.

Tell ur friends 

Side note. Lifes a drag..i wanna gather.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

scruffy, Chuckieboy, Split, Maryonette

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

June 11, 2017
7:08 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9037

I shot off a 100-shot box in 2003, Garrettsville. I did it far away from people in the woods with just two other people.

That being said, not every other person is as careful as me. Reports of yall getting hit and injured makes me furious. I got a small one blasted in my face by an old friend, who just shot one under a recliner in a garage, and it still flew up and blasted my face, leaving black melted skin for about two weeks.

Another rEason I won't briNg my daughters is right there: seems like I'm the only one I'm sure of that knows how to shoot them off responsibly.

June 11, 2017
7:59 pm
Chuckieboy
Members
Forum Posts: 898

Yea the gathering amazes me really, were all united in this, but there's some extremely immature fucks there. I don't remember acting the way these young adults do when I was their age, or even when I was 12

June 11, 2017
10:08 pm
Members
  1. Most of the real loud shit left the ground. I was avoiding anything that flies or burns so I only grabbed a couple boxes of Thunder King cakes. They are pretty fucking loud that is real, but they don't fly or shoot sparks so they seem safe to me. Set one off in Wy and the report was louder than a gunshot. Leave it to Wyoming.

Edit: My bad on the formatting

June 11, 2017
10:59 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

Old Mr Dangerous said
I shot off a 100-shot box in 2003, Garrettsville. I did it far away from people in the woods with just two other people.

That being said, not every other person is as careful as me. Reports of yall getting hit and injured makes me furious. I got a small one blasted in my face by an old friend, who just shot one under a recliner in a garage, and it still flew up and blasted my face, leaving black melted skin for about two weeks.

Another rEason I won't briNg my daughters is right there: seems like I'm the only one I'm sure of that knows how to shoot them off responsibly.  

A lot of the fucks aim it at people. I been hit with a couple. 

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

scruffy

June 11, 2017
11:07 pm
Members

I got bottle-rocketed back when JCW used to be wild as fuck. It used to feel almost genuinely life-threatening on that barricade. Full soda cans, fireworks, fresh fish. 

June 11, 2017
11:26 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

Image Enlarger

June 12, 2017
4:26 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Guest said    
I got bottle-rocketed back when JCW used to be wild as fuck. It used to feel almost genuinely life-threatening on that barricade. Full soda cans, fireworks, fresh fish.      

'wild as fuck'.  pff.  

thats extra mild.  its a lot worse, now.  maybe not at jcw so much, but the dicks with the fireworks are flat out aiming to hurt people, theres no fuckin denying it.  and bigger the bomb, the better.  

shaman aint kiddin.  me and him and several other goodfellas started an awful lotta shit last year, over the fireworks dumbfuckery.  i see no reason not to do the same this year, even step it up a couple notches.  ill happily risk my body to fuck with whothefuckever is playin loose with everyone elses safety.  

fuck those punkass bitches.  

leave that shit.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

bayAreaShaman, Noah Fence

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

June 12, 2017
8:26 am
Hypnotized Ninja
Members
Forum Posts: 827

Fuck fireworks I hope the security shuts that shit down. Fuck those whip it tanks too 

Whoop Whoop Hypnotized Ninja :

Noah Fence, scruffy
June 12, 2017
9:14 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

I am a fan of throwing glow necklaces into the crowd. People love it and I don't think anyone has been hurt by them.

I like carpeting my campsite with them too on the last night.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

bayAreaShaman, Maryonette
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
June 12, 2017
9:35 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

Psyral Infection said
I am a fan of throwing glow necklaces into the crowd. People love it and I don't think anyone has been hurt by them.

I like carpeting my campsite with them too on the last night.  

I like those too.

Friends forever?

June 12, 2017
10:30 am
Members

I'm bringing mine. They only make a report, no sparks and they don't fly through the air. Safe as the loudspeaker on stage. A noisemaker. 

Since the first outdoor Gathering, the standard has been: Don't bring anything that makes people run, duck or vomit. 

I don't see how a report-only firecracker falls under that.. but do what you have to do. I'm ready for whatever. 

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
99 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

loppoxz, morbidmikey, Promotionalows, Justinvam

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845