March 29, 2024
90 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Official Gathering 2019 Thread!
August 3, 2019
2:49 pm
JuggaloJ
Members
Forum Posts: 498
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
621sp_Permalink sp_Print

Miklo Velka said

I heard the check bounced !  

According to PSY they reached out all day to him and his people to confirm where he was at and showing up, but never got an answer/response...

This doesn’t surprise me, years back I bought tickets to a KRS ONE show, and he cancelled because dude apparently doesn’t believe in flying on planes...instead they replaced his show with Rakim, which I was cool with, but the point remains, this doesn’t seem to be uncommon for him...

Also, the ICP seminar this year was actually a surprise Inner City Posse set !

August 3, 2019
3:04 pm
TheRevWells
TheRevWells
Members
Forum Posts: 496
622sp_Permalink sp_Print

CazanovaKidd220 said
Seeing The Hatchetman on Blahzay's banner makes me wonder if she's coming back to PSY? Lol   

that is just the banner they made for her to use back in the day.  did she do her new song that she put out a video for or just stuff off the EP?

Runnin' Out Of Time / Looking For The Light / Something Isnt Right / The Devil's Grip Is Tight / Cause I'm Runnin' Out Of Time / Leave It All Behind / If My Soul Was On The Line / Can My Body Hide / From The Devil Inside

August 3, 2019
3:23 pm
TheRevWells
TheRevWells
Members
Forum Posts: 496

well, looks like this years ICP seminar was nothing more than ICP performing the Dog Beats album, along with Shaggy's brother Mike, and nothing else.  no q&a like normal etc as people are reporting about it

Runnin' Out Of Time / Looking For The Light / Something Isnt Right / The Devil's Grip Is Tight / Cause I'm Runnin' Out Of Time / Leave It All Behind / If My Soul Was On The Line / Can My Body Hide / From The Devil Inside

August 3, 2019
3:59 pm
JuggaloJ
Members
624sp_Permalink sp_Print

TheRevWells said
well, looks like this years ICP seminar was nothing more than ICP performing the Dog Beats album, along with Shaggy's brother Mike, and nothing else.  no q&a like normal etc as people are reporting about it  

It’s never a q&a with ICP, just them taking about future plans for the coming year etc.

But yes, it was just them performing Dog Beats then saying “see y’all later tn” lol

This was disappointing to me simply because I attended the COC show a year or two back, where they did the same set as an opener, but it was like 100x more live because the crowd wasn’t a bunch of Gathering attendees on the last day in the mid-day heat...

I do understand it was prolly cool for sum of the hardcore fans who didn’t attend that show, so whatever...

Another note on seminars too, Esham is incredibly generous to his fans. Stupid people talk shit about him being cheap or a ripoff now and again, I’ve never seen anything that points towards that, in fact the exact opposite...my first Gathering in 08 was the last time (before this year) that Esham did a seminar, that year he gave everyone in attendance a free copy of his upcoming, still unreleased, Sacrificial Lambz LP...this year he gave the fans FREE merch...NOBODY else (artist wise) does shit that comes even close to this generous at the Gathering.

Point being, Esham’s dope hoe, and if you don’t think so, get cancer and die!

August 3, 2019
4:36 pm
Reverend Kane
Members
Forum Posts: 80
625sp_Permalink sp_Print

damn so no free giveaway 4 ninjas at the seminar. also was forgotten freshness 6 at the merch booth?  what did esham talk about at his seminar? 

August 3, 2019
4:49 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11696
626sp_Permalink sp_Print

yeah shouldve done the inner city set, towards the end of the acoustic one..

the seminars are a staple..

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

August 3, 2019
5:14 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9038
627sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dunno, I think a surprise "Dog Beats" show is cool as hell. 

And Esham is indeed pretty cool to talk with. 

Can't believe KRS-ONE didn't show. Sigh.

August 3, 2019
6:46 pm
hippiekush
hippiekush
Members
Forum Posts: 337
628sp_Permalink sp_Print

Some respect lost for krs one did they do anything for geto boys?

August 3, 2019
8:59 pm
JuggaloJ
Members
629sp_Permalink sp_Print

hippiekush said
Some respect lost for krs one did they do anything for geto boys?  

SURPRISE!!! KRS showed up today for an unannounced main stage performance!!!

Whoop Whoop JuggaloJ :

Old Mr Dangerous, wicket_juan
August 3, 2019
9:16 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
630sp_Permalink sp_Print

JuggaloJ said

SURPRISE!!! KRS showed up today for an unannounced main stage performance!!!  

And the crowd goes AAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

August 3, 2019
9:44 pm
the_patriot_smack
Moe Ray Al
Members
Forum Posts: 4474
631sp_Permalink sp_Print

TheRevWells said

that sucks the seminar is the best part

I love finding out about stuff they are never going to do

THE ALMIGHTY SMACK

August 4, 2019
12:54 am
JuggaloJ
Members

Geto Boys killed shit (as expected), ICPs set consisted of exactly one song from each  studio album of their catalog, in order, from Dog Beats to Be Safe.

Whoop Whoop JuggaloJ :

Reverend Kane, dood, Hypnotized Ninja
August 4, 2019
2:47 am
Hypnotized Ninja
Members
Forum Posts: 827
633sp_Permalink sp_Print

JuggaloJ said
Geto Boys killed shit (as expected), ICPs set consisted of exactly one song from each  studio album of their catalog, in order, from Dog Beats to Be Safe.  

Good to hear KRS and Geto Boys were present.

August 4, 2019
2:31 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
634sp_Permalink sp_Print

JuggaloJ said

Are you serious? I must indeed must see a set list!

August 4, 2019
2:35 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
635sp_Permalink sp_Print

Old Mr Dangerous said

Are you serious? I must indeed must see a set list!  

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/insane-clown-posse/2019/shimmer-forest-springville-in-3b9e5098.html

August 4, 2019
4:20 pm
WigglefarmerMD
WigglefarmerMD
Members
Forum Posts: 107
636sp_Permalink sp_Print

That icp setlist is fuckin awesome... 

Alley Rat?! So fresh. I bet Freedom was great. Very cool concept for the setlist.

August 4, 2019
4:40 pm
Hypnotized Ninja
Members
Forum Posts: 827
637sp_Permalink sp_Print

JuggaloJ said

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.52368/title.fans-outraged-after-geto-boys-omit-bushwick-bills-verse-from-mind-playing-tricks-on-me

So according to this article Geto Boys were booed for not acknowledging Bushwick and cutting out all of his verses and snubbed his kid from speaking in tribute to his father before ICP. I knew there was tension between Bill's family and Willie but not to the extent of shunning his son from bigging up his pops.

I'm a Scarface Geto Boys can 4 life but this is disheartening.

August 4, 2019
6:59 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332
638sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was a good gathering overall.  Here's some of the things that I have read here that I can confirm or deny as someone who was there.  Also some other goofy things that I didn't see mentioned.

• Parking lot party: it happened.  The fire marshal's "I'ma take away your event permit if I see one firework in the parking lot" was thoroughly challenged and determined to be bluffing.  Since this party was not planned in the schedule, there were 8 porta potties for several thousand people that all ended up with shit stacked above the toilet seat before midnight.
  • No golf carts!: Yea, there were only like 25.
  • The walking: sucked several asses.  It's a winding hill from the parking lot down to the non-balla campsites.  It has a steep incline and rocks that are larger than gravel randomly scattered on a dirt road.  Makes pulling a wagon full of stuff with plastic wheels down it very difficult and up it almost impossible.  Though I managed.  The other hill was a straight shot and smooth but even steeper, but they sold water and food at the top and bottom.
  • "Cancelled" performances: Token missed his because of a flight delay in Boston, I believe.  It was re-scheduled and he did perform.  KRS missed his and they didn't say why, and it was also re-scheduled and he ended up performing between ABK and Jedi Mind Tricks on the last day.
  • Fireworks: Jesus Christ.  Remember last year how there was that thing about someone throwing a mortar shell at Yelawolf?  Well it happened this year to several artists.  Including ICP, Soopa Villainz, Geto Boyz, Tech N9ne, and probably some others that I didn't catch.  That was on the stage.  There were a lot where people were throwing them in the crowd like grenades and I believe at least one person went to the hospital to get burns treated.
  • Weather:  Hot and sticky as fuck.  Upper 80's with high humidity every day.  Most of the park was covered in trees, but not where you stand for either the Shazam or Soopa stages.  Both were oriented so that if you were not in the shade from the stage itself, you got fried.  Additionally, many ninjas do not seem to understand that drinking beer in the hot ass sun does not count as hydration and it not recommended.

Now a couple of cool things that happened:

• Some of the non-juggalo artists were there to camp the whole week and didn't just fly in for their show and bounce immediately after.
  • Food was on point.
  • The SCU and the other medical staff that they hired were on top of things.  I saw one guy who seized up get strapped to a backboard and driven out with good efficiency.
  • I don't think anybody ended their performance prematurely.
  • I was spotted during the Odd Squad performance and glared at through the corner of an eye from stage left for over an hour (lol).
  • Impromptu bonfire made out of people's gear and picnic tables from the campground after the final ICP performance.  The security tried to stop it to no avail, and there were ninjas dancing on top of a pile of burning garbage and doing backflips off of it.  I would personally not do that, but it looked cool.
  • I did not have VIP, but some of the artists were around where you could just go up and talk to them. I got to talk to Lyte and shake his hand.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's what all is on my mind right now.

Whoop Whoop Bonesaw Wizardstick :

Psyral
August 4, 2019
7:34 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11696
639sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bonesaw Wizardstick said

• Fireworks: Jesus Christ.  Remember last year how there was that thing about someone throwing a mortar shell at Yelawolf?  Well it happened this year to several artists.  Including ICP, Soopa Villainz, Geto Boyz, Tech N9ne, and probably some others that I didn't catch.  That was on the stage.  There were a lot where people were throwing them in the crowd like grenades and I believe at least one person went to the hospital to get burns treated.

if you see someone throwin fireworks (or any other harmful item) and dont punch 'em you're a pussy.. not saying you saw people but that should be a non-written rule among real juggalos..

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

August 4, 2019
8:44 pm
hippiekush
hippiekush
Members
Forum Posts: 337
640sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hypnotized Ninja said

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.52368/title.fans-outraged-after-geto-boys-omit-bushwick-bills-verse-from-mind-playing-tricks-on-me

So according to this article Geto Boys were booed for not acknowledging Bushwick and cutting out all of his verses and snubbed his kid from speaking in tribute to his father before ICP. I knew there was tension between Bill's family and Willie but not to the extent of shunning his son from bigging up his pops.

I'm a Scarface Geto Boys can 4 life but this is disheartening.  

I saw this too but someone else said they turned the music off and everyone sung the verse 

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
100 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

cryptoads12, ketofxerfarenheter, sunny992, levishang, loppoxz

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845