April 20, 2024
79 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Official Gathering 2019 Thread!
September 14, 2018
7:08 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Drunkalo said
Qi is an excellent, underused word when playing scrabble. 10+1 is decent, but on a triple word score your looking at 33 points. Dont know the meaning tho  

The key to that letter in Scrabble is memorize the spelling of as many words with the letter 'Q' in them that don't require a U. Use your Q's as early as you can since words with Q are hard to come by. 

This advise coming from a person who has never won a Scrabble game. Actually I got it from this site. Some seem obvious and some of those are ones I never implement even though I understand the concept and the advantage. Maybe that's why I keep losing at Scrabble.

Iris The Tranny juggalette said

Q is one of two letters I've been called. The other being I

SO FUCK YEAH QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ  

Being a fellow Kekistani, I am sure you have at least heard about Q or the QAnon phenomenon. Some say it's a conspiracy theory but the movement is real. The people who are part of it are real. The conspiracy parts can only exist in the content of the posts of those who are part of the movement. Some social media personalities have said that they interviewed QAnon and that the whole thing is a larp but the persons they interview are all different. In truth, to interview Q you would have to interview thousands of people. They are part of the movement. They are all Q. 

Back to Gathering 2019 stuff. ... Well, I actually don't have anything. Haven't caught the fever yet. Still too far away. 

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

Drunkalo
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
September 14, 2018
8:50 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248

Psyral Infection said

Drunkalo said
Qi is an excellent, underused word when playing scrabble. 10+1 is decent, but on a triple word score your looking at 33 points. Dont know the meaning tho  

The key to that letter in Scrabble is memorize the spelling of as many words with the letter 'Q' in them that don't require a U. Use your Q's as early as you can since words with Q are hard to come by. 

This advise coming from a person who has never won a Scrabble game. Actually I got it from this site. Some seem obvious and some of those are ones I never implement even though I understand the concept and the advantage. Maybe that's why I keep losing at Scrabble.

I hold onto the q for that chance to strategically slap it near an already laid out I and get said points. We were big on words with friends for a while but i think she just layed out letters and hoped they formed words. The game wouldnt let it slide if it wasnt.

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

September 14, 2018
1:33 pm
Iris The Tranny juggalette
Members
Forum Posts: 1338

Psyral Infection said

Drunkalo said

Iris The Tranny juggalette said

Q is one of two letters I've been called. The other being I

SO FUCK YEAH QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ  

Being a fellow Kekistani, I am sure you have at least heard about Q or the QAnon phenomenon. Some say it's a conspiracy theory but the movement is real. The people who are part of it are real. The conspiracy parts can only exist in the content of the posts of those who are part of the movement. Some social media personalities have said that they interviewed QAnon and that the whole thing is a larp but the persons they interview are all different. In truth, to interview Q you would have to interview thousands of people. They are part of the movement. They are all Q. 

Back to Gathering 2019 stuff. ... Well, I actually don't have anything. Haven't caught the fever yet. Still too far away.   

BELIEVE THE STORIES, THE CONSPIRESIES ARE TRUE AQUMIATI COMFIRMED (yeah I heard about something like that, though I haven't been on 4chan or even really reddit in a long time, so I haven't been follwoing it, I spend most of my time here now.) Also looks like that shit got banned off reddit, RIP

I see no difference between a corpse and a sex toy

September 14, 2018
1:44 pm
Iris The Tranny juggalette
Members
Forum Posts: 1338

anyways, I REALLY hope I can go to the gathering, if for no other reason than to try and meet yall, sounds like the shit, I'm not sure what my financial situation will be in a year, I miiiiiiight be basically homeless in a few months if I can't get a job. But yeah, I'll try and come.

Whoop Whoop Iris The Tranny juggalette :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

I see no difference between a corpse and a sex toy

September 15, 2018
10:04 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

Excellent way to derail a thread again fam. Good job!

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

GanjaGoblin

September 24, 2018
10:25 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

bump

Okay, ignore that Q bullshit. Back to the Gathering at hand

Now that summer has come to a close, we have all had our chats and exchanges. I noticed some good stuff in other threads, so as Cheshyr and others planning on bringing some handy and practical stuff.

For almost 10 years straight, I would throw a memoriam party around July 4th to honor my brothers, and I gradually became pretty adept at throwing a great shindig. I agree 1000% that things that Cheshyr mentione like folding tables are the handiest thing you can have. It's amazing what a little elevation can do for clarity and sanitation. 

Shit, comfy chairs are a godsend. I've roughed it far too many times, I'm way too old and dangerous I mean out of shape to pull off a 4 night or so campout and still be able to enjoy it. I've slept in front of library archways and benches, in cars and tents with no cushioning. No mas, is what I'm saying lol

Not sure if we brought this up yet, but anyone planning on bringing a portable shower? If not, I will likely be the one to. Not much more revitalizing than a nice shower. I prefer em cold when I'm out there, but those shower bags can heat up naturally in the sun for those than dig a warm one. 

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
September 24, 2018
12:23 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

I gotta ask, how did so many ninjas make it in a day early this past summer? I don't remember that from years past. I was one of the first cars through the gate Wednesday morning (and they let car passes in before those without this year) and there was barely anywhere to setup camp. There had to be a couple thousand ninjas inside already (with cars of their own). Did they all get in with ballas the day before? Can you purchase a ballas pass, but not have an RV and still get let in with your car/tent early? Cause imma do that shit next year if that's the case.

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
September 24, 2018
12:36 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8174

Carnivalkilla44 said
...Can you purchase a ballas pass, but not have an RV and still get let in with your car/tent early? Cause imma do that shit next year if that's the case.  

Yes. Psyral & I have done it for years with a Ballas Pass, tent, tickets, & a Car Pass. According to

https://www.juggalogathering.com/General-Info/

up to 5 other people (with tickets) and 2 additional vehicles (with car passes) can enter a day early with a Ballas Pass, and u camp how u want as long as u keep your gear in your designated area. (Also, at the gate Jumpsteady told us either to remain in the Ballas area or go straight to the parking lot party. No wandering around inside the night before would be tolerated.) 

Whoop Whoop krunk :

Carnivalkilla44, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

September 24, 2018
12:47 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members

Thanks for the info krunk. I can't say I've ever really bothered to look at the general info that closely. When you say "as long as you camp in your designated area" does that mean you can setup shop wherever so long as you go over to the ballas area for the remainder of the night or go back to the parking lot?

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
September 24, 2018
12:54 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members

Carnivalkilla44 said
Thanks for the info krunk. I can't say I've ever really bothered to look at the general info that closely. When you say "as long as you camp in your designated area" does that mean you can setup shop wherever so long as you go over to the ballas area for the remainder of the night or go back to the parking lot?  

Jumpsteady said "NO", but if u wanna roll the dice & cross Juggalo Chuck Norris be my guest.

Chuck-Norris.gif

Whoop Whoop krunk :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

September 24, 2018
12:59 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members

Lol, I gotcha. I asked because like I said there were a ton of cars/tenters in areas no where near the ballas when I rolled in early Wednesday morning. So they either setup shop the night before or they give the word to them in the AM to disperse from the ballas area and grab a site a couple hrs before they tell the rest of the animals still in the parking lot to start lining up for the gates to officially open...?

September 24, 2018
1:07 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members

I'd guess some of the early camps u saw belonged to employees (vendors, tattoo artists, etc.) and some were just reppin the

ZEROFUX.jpgImage Enlarger

area code.

Whoop Whoop krunk :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

September 24, 2018
4:06 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Most of the cars that you saw were basically the first few in on Wednesday....they just knew where they were going and had their spot picked out the night before.  

Man that Wednesday morning was fucking beautiful.

I'm sure next year shit will be tightly kept in check... Meaning they are gonna try to not allow people setup shop outside the ballas lot the night before.

September 24, 2018
4:39 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

How much you wanna speculate on? Not to be taken any kind of way but what all will you be bringing? We had a spare then that walked first day this year, were planning on picking up another. This year we seemed to always have more chairs than bodies. Seating shouldn't be an issue. If everything is full ill get up. Im a stander or pacer, or crouch a lot. I believe we had 4-5 coolers. There was a solar shower in the village. The Mrs and i made daily runs to a local truck stop, showered, and resupplied. There were at least 3 vehicles traveling the same route. If you want a regular shower just ask around someone is bound to be heading out. We brought a couple members with us. A shower is i want to say $14. They allowed me and the Mrs to shower together for $14 flat, not each.

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, ScottieD

September 24, 2018
5:00 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members

This year I showered in the moonlight at the spigots to rinse off the blood from Attila's wall of death. I speculate I will gather harder with even more low-maintenance fun. smile 

Whoop Whoop krunk :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

September 24, 2018
5:45 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members

The showers were actually half way decent this year. From what I heard, they were just recently built so there's no guarantees what shape they'll be in come next year.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
September 24, 2018
5:46 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

Its not about being high or low maintenance. It was dope AF seeing everyone pull together for everything. It was a legit 4 day family picnic and nobody had anything to complain about other than it would only last four days. My goal this year is to show up with more decorations. Sazarah nailed the decorations this year but i think we can take that part up a notch. Scruffy mentioned and mentioned the midway. I didnt get to see the rydaz set this year but i can only assume it wasnt anything like the pictures i have in my head. Thatll come in 2020.

Come on krunk, "low maintenance". You had a ballas pass, 25' RV with a tip out, main stage front and center, and wi-fi. "I had to wash with a spigot"... Pffft

😆

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy

September 25, 2018
6:05 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

Drunkalo said
... Come on krunk, "low maintenance". You had a ballas pass, 25' RV with a tip out, main stage front and center, and wi-fi. "I had to wash with a spigot"... Pffft

😆  

No RV. Just a tent. Only did RV once back in 2012 when our daughter was under 18 and wanted to give her a safer place to shower and stuff. But yes, Main Stage several rows back in the center. Wifi was unavailable for my laptop except via phone tether. We use the Ballas mainly to get electricity since I still work while at the gathering and I need to VPN into work several times a day. Getting in a day early is just a nice added benefit. We used to extend the offer to get a couple others in a day early to set up the Faygoluvers Village but Jumpsteady wasn't allowing it this last year.

We didn't do the Ballas one year in 2013 or 2014 (can't remember the year - year AMB signed with Psy) when Psychopathic sent the tickets out late and the Ballas pass didn't arrive in the mail till after we left for HogRock. It worked out great anyways because we ended up in the Dark Forest (Fruitloop Forest) completely shaded under a canopy of trees. 

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
September 27, 2018
9:09 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

So I have to put in my PTO for next summer ASAP because someone is on maternity and they get 16 weeks paid off. I tried to block off the last 2 weeks in July (week ending 7/20 and week ending 7/29) but these mofos said I could only request one week and then change it if it is the wrong week AS LONG AS no one else request that week.  And of course if its not at Legend Valley next year it could be a different date. I saw in the past they had it in August also. Based off of previous Legend Valley dates though they usually do it the 3rd full week on July. And that usually the week that goes into the 20's. Although this year it seemed a little earlier HOWEVER it was still the 3rd full week of July. So I am gonna do with week ending 7/29 and hope for the best. I just wanted to know if anyone knew why they did it a week earlier this year and if they think that is the new norm? 

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy
September 27, 2018
10:40 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members

FYI, 7/20/19 is a Saturday. 7/29/19 is a Monday...

Week ending 7/20 is essentially the 3rd full week of July again so I suspect that would be the week they do it. It was confirmed to be in Legend Valley btw.

The above being said, we're 10 months away. Expect dates/venues to change not to mention any other # of things that could happen.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
90 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845