April 19, 2024
79 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Official Gathering 2019 Thread!
December 9, 2018
10:24 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Cheshyr said
@spooky & @drunkalo  

Word is that it will be back at Legend Valley. Apparently Jump mentioned this during this last GOTJ. Thats the plan im working off of at least. There have been some conversations for a something for/from the village. Its time we claim our rightful place at A gathering. The things that have been mentioned are not site specific so they can be done at any location. Im sure we each have a place at LV in mind, but with a little thinking and walking the grounds all ideas thus far can easily be altered. Shoot someone your idea and we'll wing it. 

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

December 9, 2018
4:23 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Cheshyr said

I think yer makin' a tempest in a teacup.

I think you're making assumptions again... 

The things I/we wanna discuss would pertain to the soopa gather...not location.  We have fresh ideas that need to get discussed so we can actually enact some of the past ideas....along with new and evolved ideas. 

There is atleast 2 things that do need to be discussed about the construction of the village but these discussions I'm trying to start is more about making ideas and gags a reality...and to create a place we all can bounce ideas for our soopa villainous identities off eachother. 

I'm extremely excited about something I plan on doing and want to tell y'all about it too.!

December 9, 2018
11:33 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

Nerf

December 16, 2018
11:29 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have any of you watched the new Tag movie? This looks like it could be a really fun gathering event. Possibly only for the village guests, but fun none the less.

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

December 17, 2018
7:49 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said 
Almost every day I think about a fresh idea for this event,  and I’m sure other ninjas have been too!  So let’s get the ball rolling on this shit! What do we know so far? 

It’s supposedly being held at legend valley,  according to last year’s icp seminar at gotj19…but we all know things said at the seminar can dissipate quicker than a John kickjazz documentary!

It was also implied that something “soopa villainous” is going down… Hence the soopa gathering promos.  It’s most likely a stage show,  but imma assume they gonna release a soopa special anniversary edition of the “furious” album with a new intro, an unreleased song and a new soopa villianz track. 

As for performances…plenty of gotj pros like jellyroll,  lil wyte, Rittz etc have extended a hand to being there… So jumpsteady better start hitting up the gotj usuals cuz they are waiting on your phone call ninja!

What fresh flava do y’all think psy will provide us with this year? 

PS… Calling all ninjas who have camped at the flh village and are confident on going this year and being in the village, PM me by January 1st 2019. @Drunkalo @LSDemon @ocjbrendan @CellE2057 @dmj @Cheshyr @JC@scruffy @Split1open @Skratchie @bayAreaShaman @sazarah @hypnotizedninja @MitchellKing @chuckieboi @phreakcore @noahfence and if I missed anyone I’m sorry, I’m buzzed. 

Those who most of us have met and know but haven’t stayed in the village can holla too!  

bump

December 18, 2018
6:59 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

OMD,  they just put out a venom movie. Have you seen it yet? Tom Hardys acting hasnt dissapointed yet. Started for me as Mad Max. Id shoot some emails, maybe directors or producers have some extra laying around. Try google shopping, maybe check eBay, hell Etsy, adamandeve.com and get you some prices for symbiote's. I mean i know they exist, i seen them in the preview. Where you stick em im not sure, i havent seen the movie yet. 

December 18, 2018
7:52 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said
OMD,  they just put out a venom movie. Have you seen it yet? Tom Hardys acting hasnt dissapointed yet. Started for me as Mad Max. Id shoot some emails, maybe directors or producers have some extra laying around. Try google shopping, maybe check eBay, hell Etsy, adamandeve.com and get you some prices for symbiote's. I mean i know they exist, i seen them in the preview. Where you stick em im not sure, i havent seen the movie yet.   

Venom has been one of my favorite comic characters ever for so long. Like, ever lol. When we saw Spider-Man 3 in theatres I was so annoyed by his portrayal.

I hope this one is better. It's supposed to have a goofy, mid 90's superhero vibe, like "Spawn" did. Sounds fucking hilarious. 

Woody Harrelson is to be Carnage in the next one. Talk about genius casting! Let's bring some of that Mickey Knox style back!

December 18, 2018
8:30 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

You mentioned venom a couple pages ago. Saying hes been your thing for a while. The movie is available for streaming right now. Just gotta find some time away from the Mrs to watch it. Im not big on super hero movies unless their done comically. Deadpool is great.

I dug Spawn comics when they first came out then we moved and i lost the buddy i used to collect them with. It had a good back story. I have about the first 12 issues. Couldnt sit thru the movie tho at that age, may have to try it again. 

December 18, 2018
8:45 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said
You mentioned venom a couple pages ago. Saying hes been your thing for a while. The movie is available for streaming right now. Just gotta find some time away from the Mrs to watch it. Im not big on super hero movies unless their done comically. Deadpool is great.

I dug Spawn comics when they first came out then we moved and i lost the buddy i used to collect them with. It had a good back story. I have about the first 12 issues. Couldnt sit thru the movie tho at that age, may have to try it again.   

Overall the movie isnt great. But Todd MacFarlane is directing his vision of it currently. He said it is more like a horror film with Spawn as a looming force instead of the main character.

John Leguizamo as Clown/Violator was pretty good.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

Drunkalo
January 9, 2019
6:44 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

Can we move this to the proper forum...

Anyways T-shirt idea:

Since the SV characters names are from playing cards I was thinking...

Front side would be designed like a "face" card,  ie Jack, queen, king.

Put the faygoman as the "Jack" or "king" and use the soopa villianz logo as the "suit". (diamond)

Maybe put FLH in the logo instead of the SV...

Maybe dress the faygoman up in "royalty" gear. 

Just a stoned idea that I wanted to share

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Psyral, MASTERWEEDO
January 9, 2019
7:30 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

Back in September...

ScottieD said
Faygoluvers Forum jerseys.  It's possible, and probably not as expensive as you'd think.  Would have to have pre-paid pre-orders.  What does everyone think?

Would we do those AND a shirt for those wanting to spend $10ish vs $60-70ish? 

Maybe Superman logo with FLH in it?  Let's start throwing around some ideas, and we can finalize when they reveal GOTJ details.  I want to stay on top of this.

Plus, not only is it the 20th annual Gathering, but FAYGOLUVERS turns 20 in 2019!  Holy shit!  

January 12, 2019
9:35 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

Got a bit of a dilemma. I just got off the phone with a fellow villager and it was discussed that 70-80% of the village regulars arent forum regulars. Im assuming well still have the same crowd, plus a couple. I assume this because i havent heard otherwise. Should we still fly the faygoluvers flag? Any thoughts? Suggestions? 

@spookythefungi @cheshyr how you guys feeling?

Spooky if im missing any forum regulars let me know.

@Pigg when will you be back in the states? Will you be back before next GOTJ? 

Everyone seems to have become too sporadic to actually call out anymore.

January 12, 2019
10:36 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

Noooooooooope.  Gotta run it by Scottie first and then file a grievance report for that even to be considered.

Kidding, btw wacky

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said
Anyways T-shirt idea:

Since the SV characters names are from playing cards I was thinking...

Front side would be designed like a "face" card,  ie Jack, queen, king.

Put the faygoman as the "Jack" or "king" and use the soopa villianz logo as the "suit". (diamond)

Maybe put FLH in the logo instead of the SV...

Maybe dress the faygoman up in "royalty" gear. 

Just a stoned idea that I wanted to share  

That sounds cool.  I would add that I think it should have a comic book artstyle to it, and 8 Legz would be perfect for the design.  His prices for designing shirts are actually very reasonable.

Whoop Whoop Bonesaw Wizardstick :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
January 13, 2019
2:34 am
Skratchie
Skratchie
Members
Forum Posts: 277
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

So far everything is looking like hope and I will be able to make it this year. We are definitely down to hang out and be part of the village again. I know its been a little while but we can't wait to see everyone again as well as meet some new ninjas!

Whatever the shirts end up being (hopefully a neverthrive design) we of course will be getting some. If the jerseys are something that can actually happen then HOLY FUCK sign me up!!!!!!!

Whoop Whoop Skratchie :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Drunkalo, Cheshyr
January 13, 2019
7:43 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
115sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drunkalo said
Got a bit of a dilemma. I just got off the phone with a fellow villager and it was discussed that 70-80% of the village regulars arent forum regulars. Im assuming well still have the same crowd, plus a couple. I assume this because i havent heard otherwise. Should we still fly the faygoluvers flag? Any thoughts? Suggestions? 

@spookythefungi @cheshyr how you guys feeling?

Spooky if im missing any forum regulars let me know.

@Pigg when will you be back in the states? Will you be back before next GOTJ? 

Everyone seems to have become too sporadic to actually call out anymore.  

Sigh...

I don't see a dilemma,  but I guess I can see where "someone" would have some kinda issue with the "situation"

The question you are "really" asking is... What's the difference between a forum "regular" and a faygoluver?

And when it's stated that way,  it seems like a silly question, eh?

I mean what's considered a forum regular anyways,  cuz at one point or another "they" were a regular.

And are lurkers considered regulars?

Some ninjas got a faygoman tattoo, are you saying they got no love even tho they don't post regularly?

I guess we just need to lay down some ground rules...i mean fun facts, about the gotj faygoluvers village. 

But that also means we gotta make definite definitions for some words too. 

I guess, as a rule of thumb,  FLHV is open for anyone who gots love for the faygoman. 

We allow "non regulars" to camp,  but only the "regulars" have ultimate say in things like where to set up the village and what the design of the T-shirt is and anything else that would require a vote.

Maybe even with village spots,  you would have to be a "regular" to get a guaranteed spot in the village,  otherwise you would have to run at the gate opening and try to set up shop in/around the village..aka putting in work,  son!

This means we would have to give a definition to the word "forum regular"...

In order to be considered a regular,  a regular has to make a minimum of 10 posts per month during the 8 months prior to THAT gathering...meaning each year the people in charge can vary due to activeness on the forums. It gives initiative to be active on the forums while disproving people's assumptions of love and dedication to the flhf, gnome sayin. 

Why did this even get brought up?  Is it cuz someone has resentment towards people who use the forums only to have a safe place to camp at?  Do they feel the need to feel superior? All this is doing is dividing things, when we are supposed to be uniting...but as I typed this post,  I'm kinda leaning towards this inactive/active hierarchy for FLH village privileges, it makes sense, when people earn their keep,  especially when others jump thru hoops to make the village happen. 

I must state that everyone who has been in the village was a great asset to it and totally earned their stay with their contributions to the village....for example celle stays shoving multi vitamins down your throat every day,  that shit ain't cheap and he is looking out for the well being of everyone there.  Everyone helped eachother out and no one has been selfish. 

So discrediting the current non actives shouldn't be done,  but this "privileges of the village" by being active seems like a great way to handle the village from this point moving forward.  This way no one gets shunned or left out and "anyone" can still camp in the village. 

Drunkalo
January 13, 2019
8:27 am
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members

Dont speculate or put too much thought into it. It was a brief moment in an hour and 15 min conversation. But for me it was an 'oh shit, she/hes kinda right, fuck'.

That makes sense man. I like it.

Thinking on this again, well probably get a few more village regulars talking closer to gathering time. We did last year.

Screenshot_2019-01-13-09-48-062.pngImage Enlarger

How about something like this with the faygomen weve used in previous massacre shirts? Instead of the word joker we use the letters FLH in different fonts?

January 13, 2019
2:07 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
117sp_Permalink sp_Print

Im not a "regular" I guess but as long as i can get off and as long as its at LV or somewhere thats drivable in a day then muzzy and I are going and if there is a village we will be there. Thats like 90% of why I wanna go. And best believe we're down for helping out with making sure there is a village

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

Skratchie, Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Cheshyr
January 13, 2019
2:34 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886
118sp_Permalink sp_Print

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

Moved, and I pinned this thread to the top. Hopefully I'll see y'all there.

Whoop Whoop GanjaGoblin :

Drunkalo, Carnivalkilla44, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, MASTERWEEDO, Cheshyr

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

January 13, 2019
3:53 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

GanjaGoblin said

Moved, and I pinned this thread to the top. Hopefully I'll see y'all there.  

Thanks ninja...

And you better make it this year!

And to clear things up,  by "regular" I meant on the forums,  not gotj flhf village... But I'm sure "most" of y'all understood that. 

MASTERWEEDO
January 13, 2019
6:20 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199
120sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'll most likely be village adjacent, like last year. 

I'm trying to bring my own village from where I live, I bet they all flake. 

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
72 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845