March 28, 2024
50 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Person Attacked at the Gathering of the Juggalos
August 6, 2017
2:01 am
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I need some advice. 

I received an email from someone who went to the Gathering. I definitely remember them camping next to us, and one of them emailed me saying that he and his friend were attacked at the Gathering late Saturday night (after ICP).  I'm going to paste his emails in here, and you can see his picture of the aftermath below.

First email:

Hey I was camped out behind you this year at the GOTJ. I got jumped by a few people a couple hours after ICP performed. This was unprovoked. It began once I entered a port a potty, before I could piss they began shaking it. I stepped out to see my friend get hit, then I started getting hit. Had to get 4 lacerations stitched on my face. This was my 4th gathering, and now most likely my last. I'll try and send a pic of my face eight after leaving the hospital.

Second Email:

My friend and I were in the green tent with blue canopy adjacent to that trailer.  

We had no idea who they were. They were also chanting "get the fuck out of our gathering". Which is fucked because I've been to 4, and it's the only thing I looked forward to each year. Hard to explain that with fists flying at you though haha. 

We didn't file any report since I couldn't see a thing to be able to give a description, nor did I want to send in cops to rannsack other innocent juggalos. 

I never had a bad interaction with anyone at the GOTJ. So I wonder if some bad dudes happened to sneak in just to fuck with people? Did you hear of any other things like that happen to anyone this year? 

Third email:

Yea it had to be that we didn't look like stereotypical juggalos. Luckily my friend only got a swollen jaw, and my face is starting to look better.

If I got a good look at them I would have filed a report, but it was so dark I couldn't make out any details of their description. Plus I live in Boston and wouldn't be able to fly around for court or stick around there any longer. I work as a teacher's aide at an alternative HS so staffing is tight and hard to take days off of work. 

So I've just been searching the internet for any videos or posts about it. Haven't seen anything turn up yet. I know there was one small group of people who did see it. I called out for them to help but they just stood there. Not sure that I could blame them though, nobody is looking to be a hero at 4am. 

Honestly I didn't even expect a reply from you, I know y'all must be super busy. So it means a lot to me that you did. Maybe a post asking for anonymous tips on who they may be? Either way, it's much appreciated that you got back to me.

So....what should I do? I already have a post typed up, but should I go live with it?  Do I post it knowing that the attackers will probably never be caught or identified, and that the article will most likely just make Juggalos as a whole look bad?  What do I tell the guy who emailed me?  Let me know.

jamescollins.jpgImage Enlarger

Whoop Whoop ScottieD :

Stink_Whiskers
August 6, 2017
2:51 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

what the fuckin bitchass fuck.  

dunno, man.  im at a fuckin loss.  

hella disappointed, though.  

fuck it, put em on blast.  yeah, we all eat a pill for it, but we know thats on them.  everybody else hates us, anyway.  

maybe karma can be arranged, or sumn.  

shrug.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Stink_Whiskers

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

August 6, 2017
3:34 am
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104

I think you should write up an article putting this on blast and shaming it.

Whoop Whoop King Lucem Ferre :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Stink_Whiskers
August 6, 2017
6:31 am
Hypnotized Ninja
Members
Forum Posts: 827

Put it on blast. That sucks, this bs reinforces the gang label we get. Beat up bc they don't look like juggalos should?

Put em on blast....and shame on the people who watched and did nothing. I would have interjected.

Whoop Whoop Hypnotized Ninja :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy, Stink_Whiskers, Maryonette, Chuckieboy
August 6, 2017
8:15 am
Cabracan
Cabracan
Members
Forum Posts: 159

Put it out there maybe someone saw those bitches 

Fuck a Bad rep we're hated anyway and i think the People who are browsing the site

Are mostly juggalos and they will know that those must've some Bad Apples 

Whoop Whoop Cabracan :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Stink_Whiskers, scruffy
August 6, 2017
8:29 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8163

If u accurately post the received info u won't be normalizing violence, but demonstrating how it's not acceptable to most. Truth over tribalism.

Whoop Whoop krunk :

Cabracan, Pigg, ScottieD, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, V_Ron, Stink_Whiskers, Chuckieboy
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

August 6, 2017
9:46 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

Not posting about it would seem like a cover up.

I say put 'em on blast on the main site AND the facebook page.

Fuck those asshats.

Whoop Whoop Pigg :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Stink_Whiskers, scruffy
August 6, 2017
10:01 am
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845

Thank you all for the feedback.  I put the article up this morning.  I'd still like your opinions on if I missed out on any relevant information, though I've read it a few times and it seems pretty thorough given the information provided.

https://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/.....-needed/ 

Whoop Whoop ScottieD :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, V_Ron, Stink_Whiskers, Cabracan
August 6, 2017
10:36 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

could you do me a favor, scottie, and tell the guy that i said im personally crushed that he [they!] went through that bullshit, and that i admire him for bein in better spirits today than i woulda been?  

or, i mean, he could just read it here, i spose.  point is, props to him, along with mad sympathy and best wishes.  

and if the cheap wimps that did it are reading...  you are cheap wimps.  i said it, and ill back it hard as you like, until such time as you own the fuck up and do sumn to make shit right.  bitches.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Laptop, Stink_Whiskers, Maryonette, Cabracan, ScottieD, Chuckieboy

August 6, 2017
11:34 am
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

scruffy said
could you do me a favor, scottie, and tell the guy that i said im personally crushed that he [they!] went through that bullshit, and that i admire him for bein in better spirits today than i woulda been?  

or, i mean, he could just read it here, i spose.  point is, props to him, along with mad sympathy and best wishes.  

and if the cheap wimps that did it are reading...  you are cheap wimps.  i said it, and ill back it hard as you like, until such time as you own the fuck up and do sumn to make shit right.  bitches.    

I second this...fuck those weak as bitches...dont let this deter you from coming back home, you got plenty of ninjas that would help keep your mind at ease

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

scruffy, Stink_Whiskers, Maryonette
August 6, 2017
11:44 am
Zero
Zero
Members
Forum Posts: 309

This sickens me so much. I've been to 3 gatherings, there are all different types of people who are juggalos. That's the thing about being a juggalo, you can be yourself and not be judged because we're all family.. or at least, that's how it's supposed to be.. I don't even know anymore man. I feel out of touch with my own fucking subculture. Day by day this world is dying.

Whoop Whoop Zero :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Stink_Whiskers, Cabracan, ScottieD, Sqeek
August 6, 2017
11:55 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said    
I second this...fuck those weak as bitches...dont let this deter you from coming back home, you got plenty of ninjas that would help keep your mind at ease     

yeah.  

come to the flh village.  physical safety is the first concern, and never taken lightly.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Stink_Whiskers, Maryonette, ScottieD, Chuckieboy

August 6, 2017
12:12 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Zero said
This sickens me so much. I've been to 3 gatherings, there are all different types of people who are juggalos. That's the thing about being a juggalo, you can be yourself and not be judged because we're all family.. or at least, that's how it's supposed to be.. I don't even know anymore man. I feel out of touch with my own fucking subculture. Day by day this world is dying.  

Naw man the world isnt dying, its actually growing...the problem is those few bad apples get the attention...the ones who treat others like family dont get the props they deserve...i saw a youtube vid of this past gotj, where ninjas were filling coolers with water on the trippin trolleys, Much Props and Love to them mutha fackos

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

Stink_Whiskers, scruffy, Sqeek
August 6, 2017
12:28 pm
Split
Split
Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 859

Fuck them dudes! "Our gathering?" 

Shits got me fucked up!

What is going on in the juggalo world anymore?

... We belong!... Don't fuck that up! 

Also shame on the small group that stood there while these dudes got jumped. Coulda at least tried to diffuse that shit.

Whoop Whoop Split :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Stink_Whiskers, Maryonette, Cabracan, ScottieD, Sqeek
August 6, 2017
12:53 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

i wanna blow this up into some bigger shit.  i want things to happen.  

for one:  hey, violent j!  or whoever you got reportin on us to ya...  

how yall feel about that flimsy 'no fights at the gathering' assertion now?  

you hearin us, yet?  cuz fucked up as it is, this aint the half of it.

for another:  

message to the chumps that did it:  

hi, chumps.  

just who the fuck taught you how to do shit?  they fuckin failed miserably.  

if you got a shred of human worth, youll not only cop to this, youll do what you can to show contrition.  anything less is your declaration that you are lower than shit.  

you aint goin to jail, so might as well speak the fuck up.  you fucked up, its on you to do right.  thats how the fuck it works.  

if youre even capable of doin right.  fuckin ignorant yokels.  [and i dont care if yall live on west 57th.  yall still yokels.]  

me, i have doubts that anybody who would bushwhack two random juggalo gatherers is even capable of anything so real.  im expecting that youll just front, like the fake-fuck shitheels you been up til now.  

prove me wrong, dirtbags.  own up, like real men.  

i vote we campaign on this, hard, until some kinda result is clear.  

i also vote, even more forcefully, that we, or some of us, or somebody, tries to do sumn fresh for these two ninjas.  they should get a hookup.  they had all the right in the world to shop them punks to the cops, but didnt.  think about that shit.  thats heart.  

sorry for ranting.  what can i say.  im fuckin mad.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Split, V_Ron, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Stink_Whiskers, Maryonette, ScottieD, Chuckieboy, DrFreshness, Sqeek

August 6, 2017
1:57 pm
Stink_Whiskers
Members
Forum Posts: 7

Wow. I'm floored by all the kind words and support. Y'all reminded me of why I fell in love with this subculture in the first place.  

Like I said before, all I want is to be able to have a conversation with who did this. 

I believe in redemption and reformation of character of this level and beyond. As fucked up as it was, I don't wish them to be cast aside from the fam. But that could only happen if they reach out to me and take accountability for their actions. It doesn't have to be on a public forum like this.  

I'm open to answering any questions from yall.

Whoop Whoop Stink_Whiskers :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Cabracan, DrFreshness
August 6, 2017
2:09 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

You're doing all this so you can have a conversation? Do you think that is a great use of everyone's time and resources? You want to have a chat? C'mon... What will a conversation accomplish? What are you hoping to discern from a dialogue? 

Whoop Whoop Guest :

Stink_Whiskers
August 6, 2017
2:10 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518

@scottied I think the article is well spoken and doesn't come off with any bias. Glad you posted it.

And fuck these cowardly dickheads. "Our" gathering? How can you claim anything as your gathering if you're pulling that type of shit? Come on now. Shit's disheartening.

Whoop Whoop V_Ron :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Cabracan, ScottieD, Sqeek
August 6, 2017
2:27 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

That's terrible that that happened to you!

Reminds me of the assholes last year that were throwing firecrackers into the crappers on people and then starting shit with them when they came out (the same assholes that were trying to start a mosh pit in front of our Main Stage setup)...

I'd ask questions but I've learned my lesson.

I hope you get to find out just what it is that seemed to set these assholes off. Whatever the case, there is just NO CALL for that kinda shit to be going on AT ALL unless someone just went out of their way to be an asshole to another fellow Gatherer!

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

Stink_Whiskers, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy, Sqeek

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

August 6, 2017
2:31 pm
Stink_Whiskers
Members
Forum Posts: 7

Guest said
You're doing all this so you can have a conversation? Do you think that is a great use of everyone's time and resources? You want to have a chat? C'mon... What will a conversation accomplish? What are you hoping to discern from a dialogue?   

That's a valid question. Honestly I didn't even expect a reply to my initial email to FLH. I almost didn't even send it because I didn't want to add to the negative press surrounding the gathering and culture itself. 

This is the only place I know of (FLH) to talk about what happened and have people listen. The people I've met and made connections with from going to the GOTJ are the best listeners I know.

Whoop Whoop Stink_Whiskers :

scruffy, ScottieD
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
60 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

loppoxz, morbidmikey, Promotionalows, Justinvam

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845