May 4, 2024
55 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Reflections of Legend Valley
August 28, 2016
2:51 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

as the chapter closes on the legend valley era of the gotj. What were your favorite things of legend valley? what things will you NOT miss? I have been to 3 gatherings and all of them were there. Thats the only place I know as home. 

pros: 

right off the highway. wal mart runs could happen...and did.

short walk to parking lot if you didn't want to by the car pass

beer right across the street for sale at gas station mini marts...oh and they had snacks too but I only really went for beers and blunts

everything is a fairly short walk

all 3 years there was not much rain

cons: the rocks on the trails (even though this year it seems like there were less rocks. that or I just did a better job with my footwear choices)

cops on the grounds (could be a pro too if you really think about it. they were actually really cool. The dumb fucks advertising they were selling drugs, knowing the cops were on the ground, should have known better.) Still though, overall it IS a con imo

year 2 and the line...thats all im gonna say. If you don't know just go back and read the thread...or maybe of you guys could be a swell friend and post it.

not much shade. your really had to strategize your spot in regards to the shade. if you didn't bring shade you better have found a spot that had shade or had the shade when the sun was going west mid afternoon. (like we had...thanks again on that spot @scruffy @ocj_brendan @bayareashaman) 

really wasn't a deep woods feel to it. you could hear the highway. 

I'm sure I could think of more but I gotta check my smoker...yes, I got a smoker and I'm doing my first run on it now. Pork shoulder. You would be proud of me Shaman

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, bayAreaShaman, JC, Split, scruffy, OCJ_Brendan
August 28, 2016
2:55 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8176

Legend Valley took in the GOTJ when other places wouldn't. Long live Legend Valley.cheers

Whoop Whoop krunk :

phreakcore, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, bayAreaShaman, JC, Split, CellE2057, scruffy, Hypnotized Ninja
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

September 4, 2016
10:40 pm
jrw
pa
Members
Forum Posts: 137

Fuck that hill lol  and the second stage was cramped

Whoop Whoop jrw :

scruffy
September 6, 2016
1:37 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

I really liked a lot about Legend Valley but I haven't got anything to compare it too. My favorite thing was that it was relatively close to a city so when I had to bus it, it only cost about $15 for an uber after I used a discount. I heard some of the places they chose it was a bit further off into the woods and it probably woulda costed considerably more. 

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

September 6, 2016
8:03 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

Noah Fence said
I really liked a lot about Legend Valley but I haven't got anything to compare it too. My favorite thing was that it was relatively close to a city so when I had to bus it, it only cost about $15 for an uber after I used a discount. I heard some of the places they chose it was a bit further off into the woods and it probably woulda costed considerably more.   

Legend Valley was the only place that I have been to a Gathering, but I've been to every venue expect for Hogrock and Novi. NLQP [Crystal Forest] is my all time favorite festival grounds.

September 7, 2016
10:29 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

There's something to be said about being hours out in the woods in the middle of nowhere.  Fucking magical.    

But legend valley was just so much easier...I feel spoiled there.  

And fuck wherever we were for the year of the mud.  

Maybe I'll post an actual review later :)  

Whoop Whoop JC :

bayAreaShaman, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, ScottieD, Noah Fence
September 8, 2016
5:25 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members

JC said
There's something to be said about being hours out in the woods in the middle of nowhere.  Fucking magical.    

But legend valley was just so much easier...I feel spoiled there.  

And fuck wherever we were for the year of the mud.  

Maybe I'll post an actual review later :)    

That was Frontier Ranch, I only been there once for Hookahville, I wasnt feeling that place.

September 8, 2016
9:46 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9043

Nelson Ledges turned into a wild spirit forest at night. Miss that place.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

Hypnotized Ninja
September 9, 2016
5:24 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

legend valley popped my cherry this year. kinda sad that i won't ever be back there but looking forward to what happens next.

crycool

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Hypnotized Ninja
September 10, 2016
3:46 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

deathmetaljuggalo said
legend valley popped my cherry this year. kinda sad that i won't ever be back there but looking forward to what happens next.

crycool  

you never know, the people there reportedly loved having the gotj there and maybe it'll go back in a few years.

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Hypnotized Ninja

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

September 10, 2016
9:26 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

Something tells me it'll be a venue PSY always has in their back pocket. I don't think juggalos have seen the last of Thornville.

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

CellE2057, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, MASTERWEEDO, Hypnotized Ninja
September 10, 2016
10:05 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

Carnivalkilla44 said
Something tells me it'll be a venue PSY always has in their back pocket. I don't think juggalos have seen the last of Thornville.  

^this^

They're leaving Legend Valley on good terms so that when Psychopathic inevitably get fucked over on a different location they'll have a fall back instead of that scrambling for a location thing they've done a few times now. 

Legend Valley can only be compared to the mud place for me so Legend Valley is the fucking shit! More, specifically, it isn't mostly shit. Which the mud place was. Like, main stage grounds was literal horse shit. 

As cool as it was to be 45 minutes from my house (a reassuring thought while I was there. If something went awry I could bail pretty quick) I feel like being in a completely different setting far away from anyone I know outside of the Juggalo world would kind of seal the deal on being at the Gathering. Like, I'm in a completely new world and the only thing that matters is Juggalos. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

bayAreaShaman, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
September 10, 2016
10:47 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members

I think Legend Valley will always be available to the Gathering, its one of the few places they left on good terms. 

September 10, 2016
12:58 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Im sure some of you ballahs know what im saying...

When the gates opened this year i was out...there was no one infront of me at some point and quickly left everyone behind on the path i was on. I was able to see legend valley all quiet and peaceful. I dunno it left some sort of impression on me.

Like legend valley became a person im going to miss. And i saw it when it was sleeping or something idunnno. To think im never going to see it again does make me a little sad. I really like Legend Valley and Ohio in general. I hope to be back one day.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

DrFreshness

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

September 10, 2016
3:54 pm
V_Ron
motownphilly
Members
Forum Posts: 518

deathmetaljuggalo said

crycool  

Mine too. I'm curious to see if the vibe changes bringing the GOTJ to the west coast.

But I also don't think we've seen the last of Legend Valley. My best friend's uncle-in-law owns the property and he seemed to be enjoying himself.

Whoop Whoop V_Ron :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
September 17, 2016
12:59 am
FuckHerRightInThePussy
Members
Forum Posts: 555

Let's not forget the cat. I know everyone had a run in with that cat that would shit in your mouth while you're sleeping.  Nothing like waking up with the taste of cat poop on your tongue. Fuck you legend valley shit cat.  

September 17, 2016
1:46 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

FuckHerRightInThePussy said
Let's not forget the cat. I know everyone had a run in with that cat that would shit in your mouth while you're sleeping.  Nothing like waking up with the taste of cat poop on your tongue. Fuck you legend valley shit cat.    

lol what zip your tent up homie

September 21, 2016
4:50 pm
bigdank007
bigdank007
Members
Forum Posts: 23

WTF? I encountered no shit cat. Or any pussy for that matter (sad ninja)... ha

September 21, 2016
7:47 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

Yeah, I didn't hear/see/smell any shit cats. 

I did see a lot of people who brought their dogs with em though. Every one of them looked confused and terrified. I wanted to pet them and whatnot but stranger getting near them wasn't what they needed so I left em be. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
September 21, 2016
10:01 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

CellE2057 said
Yeah, I didn't hear/see/smell any shit cats. 

I did see a lot of people who brought their dogs with em though. Every one of them looked confused and terrified. I wanted to pet them and whatnot but stranger getting near them wasn't what they needed so I left em be.   

FUCK BRINGING DOGS AND BABIES AT CONCERT FESTIVALS!!!!!!hammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammerhammer

that is all...

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, CellE2057, JC

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
35 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

wopkoxzx, joette850, rizkowz, Denniscleme, lopdoz

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845