April 26, 2024
83 Guests and 2 Members Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
The Future of the Family Reunion & how to keep this going on forever (IMPORTANT)
May 27, 2012
11:29 am
Juggaloartist
Juggaloartist
Members
Forum Posts: 43
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This year will be my 9th GOTJ. It's what we make it. I had an in depth convoy with Nathan Ninja about this in 09. From psy's point of view, they can only organize it. Once it kicks off, God knows there's next to nothing they can do to control us. It is the Juggalos' responsibility to make it what it ought to be. It truly is up to all of us to decide how things are. We can sit back and expect someone else to do it, but all that's gonna do is make it worse. The Juggalo community at the GOTJ is like it'd own sovereign nation, and we need to govern ourselves.

Every Juggalo needs to take part in policing the grounds. If you see some fucked up shxt going down, call it out. Make a scene. Any real Fam around you will come to your side and help, that's just how it is at the GOTJ, and that's the wonderful thing about it. We have got to stop walking away waiting for someone else to take care of it. As soon as you put that wristband and amulet on, tell yourself that you are going to do whatever you can to make sure the GOTJ is devastating in the best way possible. What's the worst that can happen? You lose a little time making sure some heinous shxt doesn't go down and get a massive karma boost? For all you know you might save a Juggalos life!

It's more than just policing ourselves, though. We need to start thoroughly governing ourselves. It's time we start forming (for lack of a better word) committees to fix some of these problems we're having. That's why I started C. U. S. H. (Clean Up Shangri - La Homies) to get Fam to help cleaning up afterwards. Ninjas give me props for that all the time, but I didn't start it just for cleaning up. I'm trying to set an example that we need to do this to ourselves and for ourselves. It's time real Family get off their ass and set positive examples for new and old Juggalos alike, for the betterment of this Family that we all claim to hold so dear to our hearts.

Do ya'all feel me on this shxt? Then I want, nay, NEED to see you PROVE IT!!!

We can get ourselves to a better place socially than we've ever been, but no one is going to do it for us.

Much Love ya'all.

Whoop Whoop Juggaloartist :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, joshuafromdublin
May 27, 2012
12:08 pm
lordzero
lordzero
Members
Forum Posts: 90

i'm definitely with you on this. bullshit shall not be tolerated

Whoop Whoop lordzero :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 27, 2012
2:28 pm
TJlette
TJlette
Members
Forum Posts: 6

I def feel you on this one Juggaloartist..we need to look out for each other. Can you tell me more about C.U.S.H. and what exactly it is?

Whoop Whoop TJlette :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 27, 2012
6:33 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

i heard c.u.s.h. was started by psy., so they could get outta paying 2 have trash picked up at g.o.t.j. ?  smile

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

May 27, 2012
10:36 pm
Juggaloartist
Juggaloartist
Members

Cush was most definitely NOT started by psy. It was started by me because I actually give a shxt about what Hogdaddy thinks of us. Definitely cool that there's rumors floating around me tho llal

May 27, 2012
10:46 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members

I think ur Billy/Billy ? work 4 free. w.t.f. & why ?  smile  spend hundreds 4 G.O.T.J., and pick up trash ? get da fuk out !  let psy. pay 4 trash pick up ! W/W !

May 28, 2012
9:10 am
Juggaloartist
Juggaloartist
Members

It's Juggalos like you that make me think that Juggalo and Family members might be able to be 2 different things. I'm not trying to hate tho, just educate. Hogdaddy (the owner of the grounds) has been quoted as saying that he likes us more than some of the biker gangs that come through there, but that Juggalos leave behind far more trash than any other festival. Tim York (Hogdaddy) is very down to earth. One year I was there as he gave some Juggalos with a broken car a few hundred dollars to get towed and fixed. When these Juggalos asked him, "How do you know we're going to pay you back and not rip you off? " Tim's reply was, "I don't, but I'm going to take a leap of faith and trust that when you can afford to repay me you will. " Now if you ask me, that is a very cool, respectable thing to do. He didn't have to do that at all, but he did anyway because that's the kind of person he is.

I help clean up the Gathering every year because for one thing, good people like that should be rewarded for shxt like that. If his only complaint with us is the trash, then I'm gonna help pick up. Maybe you have me mistaken, I don't actually stay and have my crew clean the entire place, hell naw! But on the Monday afterwards after our van is packed, we go around usually whatever district we camped in and help with the mess. Every little bit helps. The perks are that it's a whole extra day of the Gathering to chill with Family, and there's also mad ground scores (can you say hatchet charms & free bags of primo hash, anyone? I can!).

The other reason I started C. U. S. H. Is because that is my volunteer work to Psychopathic. Go back and read a Gathering booklet. Every year in the book it makes mention of volunteer work with a quote that says "The Gathering isn't just For the Hatchet Family, it TAKES the Hatchet Family." I'll be honest; the GOTJ is usually the only psy show and the only vacation I get a year, so I'm not willing to go to the info tent during the event and volunteer my time while mad freshness is going down. But, I love psy to no end for allowing me to go to Heaven for 4 days a year. I've lived in true heaven for over a month of my life in total. C. U. S. H. Is my way of paying that debt back.

Lastly (I get long winded when I talk about Family or the GOTJ) this mentality of "Fuck that, let somebody else do it" is exactly what needs to change if we ever expect to earn the respect we think we deserve.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, joshuafromdublin
May 29, 2012
4:52 am
Starvin_Marvin
Starvin_Marvin
Members
Forum Posts: 63

Or uh, maybe ICP could just spend some damn money on security. I've been to festivals literally all over the world and that's the only one with so many issues...... Most fest's let people do whatever too.... just like The Gathering.

May 29, 2012
12:27 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Or uh, maybe ICP could just spend some damn money on security.

works in concept, but in practice, youd need about two dozen people [at least, maybe 50 or more] working three shifts.  plus, ninjas would want to fuck with em. 

probably the only thing that will really work is mass opinion.  when we all get tired of the bullshit, the bullshit will recede.  it wont go away completely, though. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Psyral

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

May 29, 2012
12:51 pm
SwollenThumb
SwollenThumb
Members
Forum Posts: 45

Juggaloartist, I agree with everything you're saying 100%.  How can I get keep in touch with you on FB or something?  Because I want to help you with that C.U.S.H. thing you got going on.

The Gathering is 99% put on by the juggalos.  That's why we all need to bring our own unique style of flavor to Hog Rock, and not just go looking to take, take, take.  Contribute to the party.  And if you have nothing to contribute, help tidy up.  And besides, even if Psychopathic DOES pay people to clean up, they could be putting that money to better uses, making the gathering more entertaining if juggalos would help out.

Whoop Whoop SwollenThumb :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 29, 2012
11:19 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members

I pick up my after myself. I'm not spending my time & effort, after spending hundred$ on a ticket and ridiculous/stupid money on food and drinks and can't sell bottle water, 4 a multi-million$ corporation, that won't pick up trash ! it's all good Hog-Daddy gave a kid a couple hundred, but he prolly makes $20,000 -$30,000 a day, on the ground rental. you wanna pick up trash ? (4-free) run it ! been 2 all 12 ! W/W !smile 

May 30, 2012
2:17 am
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11703

honestly i dig the perks id probably help out as well just to scavenge some freshness haha

Whoop Whoop The Warlock :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

May 30, 2012
8:08 am
Juggaloartist
Juggaloartist
Members

I'm not saying that everyone has to take part in C. U. S. H. So if you clean up after yourself and have it looking the way it was when you got there, then you get my props. If you take care of your own shxt and are willing to go that extra mile to make sure nothing fucked up is going on, then that's all I really want from the Juggalo masses. Whatever other ninjas wanna go above and beyond and do more than just that (be it cleaning or finding a way to solve some of our other problems), they are the ones that I'm trying to rally and convince to do more than just what is asked of us.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 30, 2012
3:11 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

I always throw away my trash. Even when I'm here at home or something, I'm not one to litter. I'm courteous enough to throw away my garbage. I remember seeing some peoples camp sites and they were bombed with beer cans and paper plates and trash everywhere. This isn't your home, but at least keep your shit clean slobs.

Whoop Whoop GanjaGoblin :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

June 7, 2012
2:44 pm
sickest
sickest
Members
Forum Posts: 62

if no one threw trash on the ground where would the scum sleep?  candy bar wrappers make a better pillow when theres thousands of them.  jk

but yea i dont litter.  and most people dont care.    just throw drugs on the ground.  preferably by the old broken down ferris wheel.  ;)

July 15, 2012
8:06 am
killa187
Guests

I fucking hate "bumping" posts, but after reading this and it being closer to the GOTJ I think Ninjas bound for the Gathering need to read this post again. He makes some great points, and he obviously wants Juggalos to just be decent human beings to each other at the Gathering. Im down for this shit 100% Whoop Whoop

July 20, 2012
11:07 pm
DeeryLette
DeeryLette
Members
Forum Posts: 84

bumped again! Great thread. I always clean up my entire area, not just my campsite, but the entire area which encompasses all my 3 or 4 neighbor sites. I clean it completely, every single thing in a trash bag or in my car. one time I found 2 brand new air mattresses still in the box never taken out, idk why but it was cool. Totally off topic but I was like yeah!

Other than cleaning up after yourself (and others, if you don't want to leave and want something to do :D)

I'm not sure what else specifically we can do? Try to stop fights? I don't know if I feel comfortable doing that. It's not my business and I dont know what they're fighting about, maybe its legit? idk

I'd love to do more, but what specifically do you mean?

edit: now my air matresses don't sound that cool when you just said you found a hatchetman but .. so! whatever! :P

Whoop Whoop DeeryLette :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
July 22, 2012
11:09 pm
Juggaloartist
Juggaloartist
Members

If you don't feel comfortable stopping fights then don't. I don't want any Juggalo to get themselves in too deep at a Family Reunion. I'm just saying that there's things that ought to be the attendees' responsibility. Just keep an eye out for your fellow Fam for things that seem like they could go smoother, faster or safer. Talk to vets that have been there year in and year out. Find out what bothers them at the GOTJ. Then ask yourself, "What could I do, as a true Juggalo, do to make this better?"

This isn't meant to be a calling to make serious changes this year, just keep your eyes & ears open and your mind thinking while you're there. If there is one situation this year that happens in front of you and you ask yourself "If I got involved, could I make it better?" and you can for sure tell yourself Yes, then please act. That's all I ask of my Family.

Much love, see ya all there.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 8, 2018
9:43 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Juggaloartist said
This year will be my 9th GOTJ. It's what we make it. I had an in depth convoy with Nathan Ninja about this in 09. From psy's point of view, they can only organize it. Once it kicks off, God knows there's next to nothing they can do to control us. It is the Juggalos' responsibility to make it what it ought to be. It truly is up to all of us to decide how things are. We can sit back and expect someone else to do it, but all that's gonna do is make it worse. The Juggalo community at the GOTJ is like it'd own sovereign nation, and we need to govern ourselves.

Every Juggalo needs to take part in policing the grounds. If you see some fucked up shxt going down, call it out. Make a scene. Any real Fam around you will come to your side and help, that's just how it is at the GOTJ, and that's the wonderful thing about it. We have got to stop walking away waiting for someone else to take care of it. As soon as you put that wristband and amulet on, tell yourself that you are going to do whatever you can to make sure the GOTJ is devastating in the best way possible. What's the worst that can happen? You lose a little time making sure some heinous shxt doesn't go down and get a massive karma boost? For all you know you might save a Juggalos life!

It's more than just policing ourselves, though. We need to start thoroughly governing ourselves. It's time we start forming (for lack of a better word) committees to fix some of these problems we're having. That's why I started C. U. S. H. (Clean Up Shangri - La Homies) to get Fam to help cleaning up afterwards. Ninjas give me props for that all the time, but I didn't start it just for cleaning up. I'm trying to set an example that we need to do this to ourselves and for ourselves. It's time real Family get off their ass and set positive examples for new and old Juggalos alike, for the betterment of this Family that we all claim to hold so dear to our hearts.

Do ya'all feel me on this shxt? Then I want, nay, NEED to see you PROVE IT!!!

We can get ourselves to a better place socially than we've ever been, but no one is going to do it for us.

Much Love ya'all.  

#FreshnessPoint💎 earned 

May 9, 2018
7:23 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

#FreshnessPoint💎 earned   

...dude...

What'er you doin'?

This is a thread from 2012

Hog Rock

I'm far from the one to be reciting historicalz... but...

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online: genocide_cutter
76 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845