April 19, 2024
70 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Transportation Help
March 1, 2018
10:48 pm
Jerymic
Jerymic
Members
Forum Posts: 20
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

WW

I am planning to go. I have no one to go with.

I hope I can help more lo/lettes come while I help myself.

I plan to plan a trip. I can get from here to there, and be alone. But I can also plan to start here, meet up with Juggalos, pool resources, and get there better. I can have us in RV's for camping, if we play it right.

Try? All I am going to ask is that you agree to some math, and probably would rather sleep (and pee) in an RV. I will add vehicles as we gather Juggalos that can afford my plan, or who impress me. More joiners means better for all, as a rule.

Hit me up.

MMFWCL

March 1, 2018
11:11 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

there are holes in your proposal.  

for one, while we all know where your trip ends, it would be kinda helpful to know where it begins.  tough to convoy with the new jersey ninjas if youre in oregon.  

another thing, not tryin to sound raw, but nobody knows who you are.  whereas the flh forum village types, as an example, have up to several years worth of trust built up.  not that you should show an id, just, ya know.  

as kind of a nitpicky tack-on...  seems like its more on the one-poster to impress us, than the other way round.  

just sayin. 

if youll pardon the expression... we do this all the time.  

[edit]  

matter of fact, thinkin on it, maybe you should just come in and be another neighborhood in the flh forum village.  

im sure there will be one.  although it aint exactly bein discussed yet.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, sazarah

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 5, 2018
11:29 pm
Jerymic
Jerymic
Members

That was very well thought out and fair. I got excited that I might be the planner to do the thing I thought. I am not.

I have run the numbers and I could not ask many to pay the cost, even if we doubled up on sleeping.

I was intentionally vague, hoping to get to know takers before we made any deals. I was also being naive.

My plan was to plan for me to get there and have a carnival. Then, if I got a joiner, alter the plan to be fair,and share the good and bad. I thought I could just keep doing that until everyone along my route had family helping to get them to the show.

It is still my plan, in a way. I guess maybe I just can't ask the whole world to care.

Feel free to delete the thread, or help get it back on proper tracks. I will be more careful.

JFL, but new, and old. Not 1xer if I can live this stupid down. 

Jerymic

MMFWCL

March 6, 2018
1:32 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

Like scruffy said, before we can talk about throwing in with you, we gotta know where you're coming from.

Oregon, Texas, Florida, Baltimore, new York, Michigan? We don't need your address but rough freeways and state lines you plan on driving through would be a big help.

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

March 6, 2018
9:37 am
sazarah
sazarah
Members
Forum Posts: 47

To me, This reads as a riddle... (what am I?)

Whoop Whoop sazarah :

Noah Fence, scruffy
March 6, 2018
10:24 am
backstabber
backstabber
Members
Forum Posts: 147

ya-rightChi-Mo!

March 6, 2018
11:52 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8174

Jerymic said 
... It is still my plan, in a way...
MMFWCL  

Yay @Jerymic

Hope ur carnival rox.

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

March 6, 2018
12:16 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248

Haha, 

sazarah said
To me, This reads as a riddle... (what am I?)  

Math quiz! Ya got 7 ninjas riding in a 87 honda civic hatchback with 3 bald tires and one donut coming from Bangor, Maine at a speed of 45mph. And 6 carnies coming from Minneapolis, Minnesota in a 1990 rusted out chevy s-10 with a bad universal and cv joint traveling at 50mph. Where do they meet and at what time?

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, NecroGinja

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

March 6, 2018
2:15 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

They meet at the mainstage before ICP. 

Neither vehicle made it, and they all had to ride in the back of a uhaul.

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

scruffy, Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 10, 2018
5:53 pm
kingshiro
kingshiro
Members
Forum Posts: 52

As someone that can't drive, I can at least appreciate someone trying this. As much as I would like to go to a GOTJ, it's just making me have an anxiety attack just trying to figure everything out, not to mention trusting someone else to come through.

Whoop Whoop kingshiro :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, NecroGinja
March 11, 2018
11:16 am
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332

You might be able to catch a bus to Columbus and then have someone pick you up from there

Whoop Whoop Bonesaw Wizardstick :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 12, 2018
12:52 am
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

Bonesaw Wizardstick said
You might be able to catch a bus to Columbus and then have someone pick you up from there  

This is what i did my first year but that someone was Uber. You can get discounts for your first ride and make it as cheap as $15 if you do it up right.

Buses suck though if you're going long distance (several days).

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

March 12, 2018
8:26 pm
Jerymic
Jerymic
Members

I would be coming from La Crosse WI. I-94 Route

I could get closer to someones route though.

I am a newb and have been only but been to two shows this last year (The Great Milenko in Lax and again in Chicago) but this would be my first gathering. I am over 40, though.

I've pretty much given up on going. The cheapest I can make it is just about $500, and I'd have to get 6 people to sleep on a schedule in the back of a mini-van. That seems like stupid. I don't know tent rules, or see sites for sale, so... I guess I need some help. That makes this thread 'tarded. I don't know what I'm doing and cannot help, till I can.

I can afford to go alone... Just saying. I just hate that idea. Maybe I shouldn't?

Whoop Whoop Jerymic :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 12, 2018
8:32 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248

What are you meaning tent rules or sites for sale? Basicall you need $190 for the ticket, drag everything you want to a spot, drop it, and start roaming amongst people. Easy to make friends if your friendly and outgoing. Then if you want, move all your shit to be closer to them. Bring plenty of liquids and solids, it is available there but easier and cheaper to bring your own. 

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

Jerymic, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

March 12, 2018
8:33 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members

Jerymic said

I am a newb and have been only but been to two shows this last year (The Great Milenko in Lax and again in Chicago) but this would be my first gathering. I am over 40, though.

I've pretty much given up on going. The cheapest I can make it is just about $500, and I'd have to get 6 people to sleep on a schedule in the back of a mini-van. That seems like stupid. I don't know tent rules, or see sites for sale, so... I guess I need some help. That makes this thread 'tarded. I don't know what I'm doing and cannot help, till I can.

I can afford to go alone... Just saying. I just hate that idea. Maybe I shouldn't?  

you're only alone until you get there

Jerymic, sazarah, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 12, 2018
8:53 pm
Jerymic
Jerymic
Members

That is what I want to feel. So I go, and on my way, I just wanted to help others get there, ya know, since I was on my way, and alone.

"you're only alone until you get there" (Thanks Bonesaw Wizardstick)

I'm starting to think that it's more important that I go, then if I try to make getting there family business.

Whoop Whoop Jerymic :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, sazarah
March 12, 2018
9:58 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Jerymic said

If its your 1st then dont worry about trying to go the "help ninjas" route, just get your ass there...if you become more active and social here on the forum, i can guarantee a spot to camp that provides a safe and helpful experience that makes your 1st time go smoothly with no worries.

Also, peep out the recent threads under the "gathering of the juggalos" section, the last three years have alot of valuable info on what to expect! 

Come Home!

app=desktop

March 13, 2018
2:18 pm
kingshiro
kingshiro
Members
Forum Posts: 52

Bonesaw Wizardstick said

Yeah, Greyhound ticket is $28, might have to pack a piece of cardboard with a sharpie.

Whoop Whoop kingshiro :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
March 14, 2018
8:17 pm
Jerymic
Jerymic
Members

This is literally the coolest thread I have ever been a part of, and I used to be a forum hound, when that was the thing. Juggalos are seriously the coolest sub-culture in the US.

I wish I could address everyone who has responded, because ever one has been meaningful and worth of it.

So, every Juggalo has a root enabler. Mine is named Joe, because fate. Joe did not say he would not go, if we can take an RV. However, he has been traveling a lot since he found his now Juggalette, though he would not call her that. If he can find a way to go, all my problems are remedied.

However, nothing has been wasted here. I now know for a fact that when a Lo or Lette says family, they mean it. Ya'll have been so kind, accommodating and helpful. Again, like no other forum I've ever posted in.

I just wish I was a louder or more charismatic person. I should have my own set of Juggalos, but I'm just too damned old to convince my peers, or try to hang with any youth I could claim. To know that I can find people who get this, and why I tried, is extremely valuable to me. Thank you freak bitches, each and every one.

TLDR; 

My responses:

Noah Fence said
Like scruffy said, before we can talk about throwing in with you, we gotta know where you're coming from.

Oregon, Texas, Florida, Baltimore, new York, Michigan? We don't need your address but rough freeways and state lines you plan on driving through would be a big help.  

Noah was onto something. I was going to have guys like him PM me.

Drunkalo said
Haha, 

Math quiz! Ya got 7 ninjas riding in a 87 honda civic hatchback with 3 bald tires and one donut coming from Bangor, Maine at a speed of 45mph. And 6 carnies coming from Minneapolis, Minnesota in a 1990 rusted out chevy s-10 with a bad universal and cv joint traveling at 50mph. Where do they meet and at what time?  

Exactly. But, I thought as we went, we would get more RV's. Delays in some places were expected and I saw them as chances to have fun and meet new clowns. I was not really concerned about when to pick you up, knowing I would have an itinerary before I left.

MASTERWEEDO said
They meet at the mainstage before ICP. 

Neither vehicle made it, and they all had to ride in the back of a uhaul.  

Now that is not a terrible idea. I've looked at every rentable thing that can get me there but that. 

kingshiro said
As someone that can't drive, I can at least appreciate someone trying this. As much as I would like to go to a GOTJ, it's just making me have an anxiety attack just trying to figure everything out, not to mention trusting someone else to come through.  

I thought this was profound. He is dead right that I could try to plan it and not (be able to) come through. It was my worst fear, and why I gave up. Would still love to help kingshiro.

Bonesaw Wizardstick said

Huuuh.. I am 6^5" where busses are designed for 5^10". I don't fit well, but would consider it and have not yet done so. I just never do.

Thanks.

Drunkalo said
What are you meaning tent rules or sites for sale? Basicall you need $190 for the ticket, drag everything you want to a spot, drop it, and start roaming amongst people. Easy to make friends if your friendly and outgoing. Then if you want, move all your shit to be closer to them. Bring plenty of liquids and solids, it is available there but easier and cheaper to bring your own.   

This is actually really close to how I thought things probably were. I am old (45) and have never slept in a tent well. I tend to stay up too late for the sun's schedule and stuff. I am trying to go with more style, but will reduce my richie as need be to exist where I need to be.

Bonesaw Wizardstick said

Bonesaw Wizardstick, this is a great idea. I would get the best of what I want (meeting some family before the carnival) and the carnival. For sure worth some talk. We could also think Chicago, or Milwaukee. I can take a train to those.

Each and every ninja that posted was was appreciated. If you don't see a reply, my goal was that you are included in another reply in some way. Thank you so much for this active thread. You raise me.

WW

Whoop Whoop Jerymic :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, kingshiro
March 14, 2018
8:49 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members

I live up in north Ohio, so the transportation isn't gonna be a problem for me.  The bus suggestion is obviously not the best scenario, but it's reliable.  If there's a bus or train that goes near Cleveland, I could drive someone down there.

It's just a matter of getting time off work at this point.  I'm going to put in my request soon so they hopefully can't say "nope.  We're too busy.  We need you here."  It's not one of those type of jobs where I can just say "hey, I'll see you in a week."  They suffer with me not there because it's a small team environment even though it's a fairly large company.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, NecroGinja
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
90 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845