April 24, 2024
46 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Which was your favorite Gathering?
October 17, 2015
2:45 pm
Bostin
Bostin
Members
Forum Posts: 434
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I don't know if this has been done before but I didn't see it.

For me it was 2014, I thought the line up was PERFECT.

I already had a couple under my belt so I knew how to prepare.

Had a good woman with me, lots of money (even tho I actually spent the least at the one I took the most to).

Only bad part was I got some rolls that had 2CI in them that they didn't tell me about and after I finished fucking started having a bad trip and locked the keys in the car, spent the next morning jimmying the door. haha

Still a great gathering for me.

Favorite gathering ICP performance was 2012. 2 hours of fucking epicness.

youtube.com/c/bostinmckickass

October 17, 2015
3:18 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

I could never really choose a favorite, more like top 5 or something lol, but the first year we were at hogrock was awesome. (especially contrasting it to the year before, which was the year of the mud lol).  Last year was dope.  I don't keep track of actual years so it's hard to say which year was which, since a majority of my gathering experiences have been at cave in rock, they kinda run together.  The gathering that they announced we were suing the FBI was fresh though.  I guess my gathering experiences rely a lot more on just personal experience and not really on who the line up was. I don't even remember who played at what year. I especially like seeing cool comedians though and there's usually just one of those who I know/really liked so it's easier to remember what years those were.  

Somehow I never noticed that 2012 had a two hour ICP show lol.  

October 17, 2015
8:37 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

very hard to choose a favorite. I attended frok 2000-2004, with different folks and many novels worth of stories. There were beautiful moments that make a muhfucka say "whoaaaa", there were chill n mundane moments, tired times, elating events and shows, and unfortunately a few stale times.

I would say personally 2002 in Peoria was a favorite, because of the people attending and the DXM taken during the final.night that made things almost unbearably crazy. What a ride... the first year because I got to meet ICP and chat and get photos with them. Toledo was cool at times but nothing too memorable happened. I was also completely sober that year. And met Choko, lol...

the first time at Nelson Ledges in 2003 was fucking GREAT. The next year was our last, we had great times but a couple stale things happened.

So, my favorites would be:

2003 - Ohio for the first camping GOTJ experience and all that followed it

2002 - Peoria Illinois for the craziness of what we experienced 

2001 - Toledo Ohio for the STELLAR Twiztid and first ever Dark Lotus shows

2004 - Garretsville Ohio for the awesomeness in general but some memories of my brother there make me sad and we had to shuttle bus a lot, missing parts of shows.

2000 - it was great because all three of us brothers attended along with three gals, but it was so long ago and there were limited things to do after a point besides just chill with the fam. Great concerts though.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

Carnivalkilla44
October 17, 2015
9:06 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

2015 was the only one i'd ever gone to so that one.

October 17, 2015
9:39 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

dunno..  theyve all had drawbacks of some kind or another. 

yeah...  cant decide. 

02, i spose.  climate control.  how i miss that. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

October 17, 2015
9:44 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

scruffy said
dunno..  theyve all had drawbacks of some kind or another. 

yeah...  cant decide. 

02, i spose.  climate control.  how i miss that. 

creature comforts... i remember after the final show being flip with the riot squad that were stationed out in the parking lot after the hoopla from the previous night... a few of them didnt like my jokes anymore and slowly advanced with batons and shields... i said "okay im done" and hopped in the car and was out of there.

October 27, 2015
8:46 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members

It's funny that i've never heard anyone say much positive about 2006. Was the mud really that bad?

October 27, 2015
8:58 am
dood
Members
Forum Posts: 335

never been to tha gathering but ive thrown down at other festivals. mainly hippie shit. last festival I went to tha mud was rather horrendous but we pushed on. thank you LSD.

October 27, 2015
9:10 am
Jeffalo
Jeffalo
Members
Forum Posts: 81

Bostin said
It's funny that i've never heard anyone say much positive about 2006. Was the mud really that bad?

It was downright awful.. Some ninjas even turned around and left.. if you were one of the few to have a dry camping area you were lucky.. I was stuck in the swamp of shit and was forced into a hotel after the first day.. The shitty grounds made for shitty attitudes and all around bad vibes from juggalos all over the grounds.. couldn't even enjoy the shows because after they were done you were covered head to toe in shit.. No camaraderie that year what so ever

October 27, 2015
9:39 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members

dood said
never been to tha gathering but ive thrown down at other festivals. mainly hippie shit. last festival I went to tha mud was rather horrendous but we pushed on. thank you LSD.

Lockn? I worked it this year. It was insane.

Jeffalo said

Bostin said

It was downright awful.. Some ninjas even turned around and left.. if you were one of the few to have a dry camping area you were lucky.. I was stuck in the swamp of shit and was forced into a hotel after the first day.. The shitty grounds made for shitty attitudes and all around bad vibes from juggalos all over the grounds.. couldn't even enjoy the shows because after they were done you were covered head to toe in shit.. No camaraderie that year what so ever

Damn. In 2011 it rained the first (or second? Whichever tech played) really hard and turned the whole stage field into a pit of mud. I was so fucked up I kept falling in it and just laughing. It dried up the next day tho.

October 27, 2015
4:22 pm
dood
Members

no. no Lockn this year. whatch ya know bout Wakarusa tho?

October 27, 2015
5:50 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

dood said
no. no Lockn this year. whatch ya know bout Wakarusa tho?

I know it's $209 + tax & fees for just the 4 day event and that does not include a camping pass. Camping pass is another $219.

With events like Morning Yoga (Every morning join Alice Steuerwald in a daily “Body’s Journey”), Drum Circle (Equipped with a few hundred drums and noise makers for festival goers), Build-a-Drum (Astral Gypsies will teach you how to build your free drum head), Dance Play Move Hoop (Incorporation of expression paired with hoop and body movement, playfulness, improv, foundational and skill based hoop movements will be taught and shared), Dress Up and Play (Become a part of the roaming performance troupes with the daily dress up themes - Animal Escape, Circus Soiree, Interactive Kaleidoscope, Magic Mayhem), Build your own Choreo (By portraying various emotions along with the same movements, the student(s) can better understand the importance of emotion and how it can affect you and your partner(s) dance), Acro Yoga (Come learn with ReCreation circus),  Silks, Poi & Skill Share (An introduction to the exciting art of aerial silks, poi skill share.  All are welcome), Solar Talking (Learn about solar power. Basic solar information and skills), Spirit Guide Meditation (guided meditation and channeling session).

It's way to "hippyish" for me.

At least they have a carnival ride - a Ferris Wheel ($5 a ride)

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
October 27, 2015
9:20 pm
dood
Members

Dance play move hoop sounds kinda fun.lol in name only that is. ima get to tha gathering tho. next years looking pretty hopeful fer now....

October 28, 2015
3:50 am
Radam
Radam
Members
Forum Posts: 358

2008 was my favourite that I went to because it was my first one. There wasn't that many people and they recorded A Family Underground at that one. Plus they gave away The Shining CD at the ICP seminar which was a huge surprise! There were so many great people who got what our culture was all about.

2009 was the 10th Annual and was the second one I went to and the line up was amazing being the 10th one they pulled out all the freshness they could at the time. But there were a lot of people there that weren't Juggalos and that came with a lot more drama. People had seen A Family Underground and wanted to check out the madness. I still had an amazing time, but it did suck there were so many people there that didn't have any respect for our culture.

October 28, 2015
10:35 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

I'm going 2 the Gathering, next year, 4 sure! it's always next year!

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

October 29, 2015
7:13 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members

I think it's interesting alot of people are saying their first year. My first year I was highly under prepared, over whelmed, and over intoxicated the whole time haha. Not that I had a bad time at all, however I've  enjoyed them more with every year as every year I prepare a little more so that I can enjoy what's there a little more. 

October 29, 2015
1:52 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Bostin said
I think it's interesting alot of people are saying their first year. My first year I was highly under prepared, over whelmed, and over intoxicated the whole time haha. Not that I had a bad time at all,

my first year was the first one, in novi, which is hands down the worst gathering i been to.  bein the first, there really wasnt much to do, cept stand around kick it until the concerts started. 

however I've  enjoyed them more with every year as every year I prepare a little more so that I can enjoy what's there a little more. 

every year, i prepare a little less.  i know now what minimums i can get by with, so preparation is pretty much just throwin the bag in the car.  and stockin the cooler. 

lotta ninjas overprepare for gatherings.  me, i can hack out five days in sheer destitution.  if i gotta. 

October 30, 2015
8:45 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members

@scruffy I over prepared in 2014. I also brought 1,100 dollars to blow that year and only spent probably 150.. Felt I had it just right this year. It's little things now like buying stuff on ebay to bring to sell, it's mostly for camaraderie, get people to come chill and whatnot. Gotta have the megaphone and lots of batteries hahaha

October 30, 2015
12:21 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Bostin said 
Gotta have the megaphone and lots of batteries hahaha   

clear cut overpreparation. 

leave them shits at home.  really. 

October 30, 2015
3:35 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

I kinda over prepared this year. Scruffy was thuggin it out. U bettter bring mitchells tent this year lol

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
68 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes, THC Edibles

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845