April 19, 2024
83 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Which was your favorite Gathering?
October 30, 2015
4:15 pm
Bostin
Bostin
Members
Forum Posts: 434
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

scruffy said

Bostin said 
Gotta have the megaphone and lots of batteries hahaha   

clear cut overpreparation. 

leave them shits at home.  really. 

I would rather come without a tent than a megaphone.

ya-rightf-urasta_gif

youtube.com/c/bostinmckickass

October 30, 2015
7:12 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

Jeffalo said

Bostin said
It's funny that i've never heard anyone say much positive about 2006. Was the mud really that bad?

It was downright awful.. Some ninjas even turned around and left.. if you were one of the few to have a dry camping area you were lucky.. I was stuck in the swamp of shit and was forced into a hotel after the first day.. The shitty grounds made for shitty attitudes and all around bad vibes from juggalos all over the grounds.. couldn't even enjoy the shows because after they were done you were covered head to toe in shit.. No camaraderie that year what so ever

First...yes, it really was that bad.  

BUT I wouldn't say that there was no camaraderie.  There were ninjas helping each other out left and right.  Couldn't go five minutes without helping someone get their car unstuck the first day.  It was my first gathering, and it was downright miserable, but there was enough Juggalo love that I knew I would come back year after year.  My phone got ruined in the rain so a ninja let me use his, and when he overheard that I had some family issues going on back at home he got so concerned, and asked if there was anything he could do, and I'm sure he would have done anything to help if he could have.  Sucks that Jeffalo didn't have the same experience but I just wanted to say a little about mine.    

October 30, 2015
7:15 pm
JC
JC
Members

Bostin said
I think it's interesting alot of people are saying their first year. My first year I was highly under prepared, over whelmed, and over intoxicated the whole time haha. Not that I had a bad time at all, however I've  enjoyed them more with every year as every year I prepare a little more so that I can enjoy what's there a little more. 

And also, yea, my second year was much better than my first.  But I guess I just chose a bad year to be my first lol 

It's amazing how unprepared I went my first couple gatherings though.  Now I have my whole system down, and add shit every year.  I'm still tent camping though lol

October 30, 2015
9:57 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

I wish they would do a Colorado ordeal. I understand it is far from many ninjas, but shit, so is Ohio, Illinois, and Michigan. 

I liked to try and bring as much healthy shit as possible camping. Water, vitamins, kiwis, lunchmeat, etc. Cause as yall know, all that partying, excitement, sunshine, hollering, weed, boning, dancing, and set up take quite the fucking toll on one's body. 

October 30, 2015
10:14 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Colorado sounds cool.

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

October 31, 2015
11:00 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members

Old Mr Dangerous said
 I wish they would do a Colorado ordeal. I understand it is far from many ninjas, but shit, so is Ohio, Illinois, and Michigan. 

I liked to try and bring as much healthy shit as possible camping. Water, vitamins, kiwis, lunchmeat, etc. Cause as yall know, all that partying, excitement, sunshine, hollering, weed, boning, dancing, and set up take quite the fucking toll on one's body. 

I brought a bunch of vitamins to hand out, try to keep the gathering plague at bay. Alot of people were like "Are they REALLY vitamins?"... Yes I'm too cheap to give out drugs lol

October 31, 2015
12:03 pm
JC
JC
Members

Bostin said

... Alot of people were like "Are they REALLY vitamins?"... Yes I'm too cheap to give out drugs lol

lol

October 31, 2015
4:09 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

Bostin said

Old Mr Dangerous said

I brought a bunch of vitamins to hand out, try to keep the gathering plague at bay. Alot of people were like "Are they REALLY vitamins?"... Yes I'm too cheap to give out drugs lol

i hate to say it, but if they did a Colorado gathering, we would probably have the world's firs cannabis edibles overdose by ninjas at the grounds lol.. its not even really possible to OD, but i just forsee peeps overdoing it and going into dope comas and setting themselves on fire or some shit... or not, lol. Truthfully, it would rock testes.

October 31, 2015
5:23 pm
Bostin
Bostin
Members

Colorado is the only spot out west I could make it work.. Got some homies out there I could fly in and catch a ride/bum stuff from. I hope it's back in Legend Valley personally.. Only a 5 hour drive kicks ass. I loved the adventure of getting there when it was at Cave In Rock tho. Riding the fairy and all that.

November 1, 2015
7:58 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

I've only ever been to two, 2010 and 2014.

Everything about 2014 was so perfect to me the only downside was that is didn't last another 4 days. The lineup was stacked, I got to hang with a lot of my FLH homies, the food was really good and they served alcohol at the strawberry, weather was about as perfect as it could be for me at least, and we got an awesome camping spot (I know some lo's and lette's who didn't and I do feel for you. That does suck.)

2010 had some positive points of course, but the 104 degree heat that year every single day really dragged it down for me. We would literally just sit for the vast majority of the day at our campsite not moving. It was much better at night, but I never wanted to overdue the booze or hallucinogens I had readily available because I knew waking up the next day in that heat after a night of heavy indulgence would probably kill me. They definitely need to stick to having GOTJ in July unless they move it some place cooler.

I always wished (and still do) that I could have made it to one of those very first indoor ones.

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

genocide_cutter
September 6, 2021
7:58 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8174

2021. It was alpha as fuck. Hotter than cyberpunk Trent Reznor:

YouTube Video Immigrant Song - Karen O with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

Whoop Whoop krunk :

Carnivalkilla44
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

September 6, 2021
4:07 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

This year was dope. I personally got a great deal of sleep, ate solid carnival food, ate tasty drugs, and had dope neighbors. (Though, I've always had dope neighbors at Legend Valley.) With the ICP seminar,  it seems like they're accepting Legend Valley as THE spot for the reunion.

September 6, 2021
4:22 pm
wicket_juan
wicket_juan
Members
Forum Posts: 488

Nelson Ledges! 🤘🤡🤘

Whoop Whoop wicket_juan :

Old Mr Dangerous

replacing my heart with a liver, so I can drink more and care less!

September 7, 2021
6:34 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

Carnivalkilla44 said
This year was dope. I personally got a great deal of sleep, ate solid carnival food, ate tasty drugs, and had dope neighbors. (Though, I've always had dope neighbors at Legend Valley.) With the ICP seminar,  it seems like they're accepting Legend Valley as THE spot for the reunion.  

I would not mind that. I like Legend Valley alot. I started in the later Cave-in-Rock days (2012) and haven't missed one since. Out of what I've been to, I like the Legend Valley the best. Cave-in-Rock was great except for the prep. No grocery store anywhere close incase you needed to pop out and pick up more supplies. You pretty much had to enter with everything you would need for 4 to 5 days.

I agree with this year being dope. It ranks as one of the best in terms of a solid good time. Lineup was not my favorite but the atmosphere and neighbors were perfect. I think getting to play Morton's List so many times was a highlight for me. I usually plan to play every year and most years I end up doing something else or just taking a nap.  It probably helped that the Morton's List tent was about 30 or 40 steps away from me this year.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

Old Mr Dangerous, Carnivalkilla44
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
September 7, 2021
3:54 pm
wicket_juan
wicket_juan
Members
Forum Posts: 488

Any year with Club Chaos! 🤘💀🤘

replacing my heart with a liver, so I can drink more and care less!

September 7, 2021
6:31 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3593

I went in 2011 and it's widely considered to be the best. Even ICP has stated their favorite year is the one where MC Hammer went out into the crowd.

Bang Pow Boom was a surprise hit and they spent that dough on a huge line-up-

• Main Stage:

Insane Clown Posse, Twiztid, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, Anybody Killa, Boondox, The Dayton Family, Dark Lotus, CKY, DJ Quik, Kottonmouth Kings, Juvenile, Mystikal, Kittie, George Clinton & Parliament-Funkadelic, MC Hammer, Tech N9ne, E-40, Paris, Dope, Saliva, Vanilla Ice, Xzibit, Ice Cube, Busta Rhymes, Lil Jon, Paul Wall (did not show/mix up with booking), Hed PE, Mastamind, Potluck, Charlie Sheen.

cig

Whoop Whoop Miklo Velka :

Old Mr Dangerous
September 8, 2021
1:48 pm
Mezzd
Members
Forum Posts: 44

I went to 2003 and 2004, and I'd say 2004 was the best. ODB was there, and JCW was just amazing that year.

Whoop Whoop Mezzd :

wicket_juan, Old Mr Dangerous

Kill Your Boss

September 8, 2021
3:13 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

2016. The Wizard of the Hood set was amazing. 

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

Old Mr Dangerous, Carnivalkilla44
September 8, 2021
4:51 pm
chops
chops
Members
Forum Posts: 886

2003. The first outdoor/camping gathering. Before it got invaded by addicts and festival kids. 

Whoop Whoop chops :

Noawareness, Old Mr Dangerous
September 8, 2021
5:26 pm
Noawareness
Noawareness
Members
Forum Posts: 511

chops said
2003. The first outdoor/camping gathering. Before it got invaded by addicts and festival kids.   

One of the best experiences of my life.

Whoop Whoop Noawareness :

Old Mr Dangerous
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
72 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845