April 20, 2024
67 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Why The GOTJ Blew It Ditching Colorado For Oklahoma
July 13, 2017
5:43 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 13, 2017
5:48 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

That article was pointless. Yes i know u didnt write it. But it was a pointless article. It basically said u fucked up colorado is better than Oklahoma. Also theres beef. 

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

Noah Fence

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

July 13, 2017
5:52 pm
Members

It's tounge-in-cheek but a bit beefish. They did fuck up at least one small detail, those Ces Cru shows are in Wyoming not Colorado. Music journalists should nail those details. 

July 13, 2017
5:53 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8174

According to Jumpsteady it seems Colorado wouldn't have us, not even at an abandoned racetrack. Whoopwhoop Oklahoma for hosting us this year!

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

July 13, 2017
6:02 pm
Members

In an ideal world he would have done that research before making an announcement. They have been teasing a Colorado GOTJ locally as far back as seventeen years ago. Still it's just a local opinion piece from a journalist, not a Juggalo.

July 13, 2017
6:08 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members

Guest said
...Still it's just a local opinion piece from a journalist, not a Juggalo.  

That, sir, was no journalist. I'm guessing Colorado has to start whoring itself to the tourist industry now the Vegas sells legal weed.

July 13, 2017
6:27 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

That article got more than a few things wrong, like the month the announcement was made. 

It does suck that they couldnt find a place in Colorado, but I doubt the venues they listed would have even considered hosting. 

July 13, 2017
6:27 pm
Members

Westword pays good money. His taxes say he is a journalist, not me. Nevada can keep the sales we have too many tourists, if anything. Sounds like they have a good handle on the industry:

http://www.npr.org/sections/th.....gh-changes

Colorado is doing just fine. 

July 13, 2017
7:04 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

pfft.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 13, 2017
7:53 pm
Members

One negative I could think of would be altitude. Not everyone is cut out to party at >5000 ft. To be honest if GOTJ was in CO. you would see peoples falling from altitude sickness and over-serving themselves, left and right. I'm a casual drinker at 6000 ft. but when I get to the Gathering I can pound all day and not get too buzzed. High altitude training. It goes both ways. Train at sea-level, come up here and drink a few beers... wrecked. Maybe it was for the best. 

Whoop Whoop Guest :

Old Mr Dangerous
July 13, 2017
9:48 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

I'm at 4300 ft even on the eastern plains of Colorado, coming from about 800 ft in NY. The altitude adjustment took forever, and for some people I've talked to, some never do adjust. The dryness brought out some patchy psoriasis thst I never had before, either.

I really just felt the whole time that Colorado wouldn't work out. There really weren't any ideal locations, for many different reasons.

As long as the Gathering isn't tainted by a putrid wasteland like Texas, then it will be fine. I'd rather go to Alaska, Louisiana, or Washington DC than Texas.

All right, jokes aside.. Guest is right. Nevada did well over their estimate for weed sales, EXACTLY as every other state has and will. Has this affected Colorado? Nope. Even the dispensaries like mine out east have still been racking up more averages than the month before. Taxes went up this month, as well. We lowered prices as well, to even things out. Still killing it. 

There are Denver people who smoke weed from out of state, mountain hiking, skiing, craft brew-sipping people. They have a place to go. There are people travelling from the bordering states to visit or pass through. They have places like Durango, Salida, Pueblo, Fort Collins, etc. There are scattered dispensaries that are available for them, not so many that none will thrive. Just enough.

There are Vegas people. They can be a different demographic: clubbers, bachelor's and bachelorettes, spring breakers, etc. They will be drawn to Vegas and Reno.

Colorado has not "whored itself" to tourists any more than any other state has for economic reasons. Keep trying, Krunk. Washington and Oregon have their draws. Maine and Massachusetts and California do too, as they're going to be legal in early 2018. 

Honestly, I may move to Maine soon, aid in the industry up there.

Anyway, people who waste energy on badmouthing weed are worthless.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

July 13, 2017
10:19 pm
Members

So much of that is spot on. I do want to say that imho Texas is a crazy rad place to visit and I would love to see it go there. I'd jump at any excuse to check out more of Texas. I've been there three times and I have exponentially more fun each time. Wouldn't want to live there, because of politics but the people and land of Texas are top-notch. 

Maine would be fun to check out. Never been that far up. 

July 13, 2017
10:28 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Guest said
So much of that is spot on. I do want to say that imho Texas is a crazy rad place to visit and I would love to see it go there. I'd jump at any excuse to check out more of Texas. I've been there three times and I have exponentially more fun each time. Wouldn't want to live there, because of politics but the people and land of Texas are top-notch. 

I know alot of folks are real laid back and dope in texas. Some folks. The ppl i really dont like are the mexicans who think they are better than their uglier grosser undocumented compadres. Cant stand that fucken "I aint like them im better" attitude. Who knows how much i will encounter of that but when they come vist here I cant walk away or talk shit fast enough

But I also think main would be dope to check out. I hear its beautiful. Ive been thinking about main lately and im disappointed I never travel that way.

And yeah i think each state will cater to different demographics. But theres still the people all ober the country that just want to be able to smoke weed. Parents flocking so they can give their kids the medicine they need so they dont die. U know stuff like that.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

djscrubb

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

July 13, 2017
11:06 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

bayAreaShaman said

Guest said

I know alot of folks are real laid back and dope in texas. Some folks. The ppl i really dont like are the mexicans who think they are better than their uglier grosser undocumented compadres. Cant stand that fucken "I aint like them im better" attitude. Who knows how much i will encounter of that but when they come vist here I cant walk away or talk shit fast enough

But I also think main would be dope to check out. I hear its beautiful. Ive been thinking about main lately and im disappointed I never travel that way.

And yeah i think each state will cater to different demographics. But theres still the people all ober the country that just want to be able to smoke weed. Parents flocking so they can give their kids the medicine they need so they dont die. U know stuff like that.  

The last thing you said, there. That's what the company we work for is founded on and the single most angering reason that anti-cannabis folks should be bludgeoned for wasting their whines on it.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

bayAreaShaman, MASTERWEEDO, djscrubb
July 17, 2017
9:50 pm
Members
July 18, 2017
10:49 am
krunk
dirtball
Members

Old Mr Dangerous said 
... Colorado has not "whored itself" to tourists any more than any other state has for economic reasons. Keep trying, Krunk... 
Anyway, people who waste energy on badmouthing weed are worthless.  

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, weed sells itself & doesn't need you defending it constantly like a PTSD pimp. Not trying anything, just posting what the owners of Colorado are likely discussing right now. I spent my formative years working in a pharmacy in the 9th ring of tourist hell (urban Central Florida/Disney) and know a thing or two about selling legal & illegal drugs to tourists. Whoop Guest til the buzz wears off, or throw more $ at your weed altar, I give no fux, but

Grossman.jpgImage Enlarger

cool

Whoop Whoop krunk :

Old Mr Dangerous

July 18, 2017
1:01 pm
Members

We got an expert on our hands! I'll let the dispensary owners know they should be worried. 

Screenshot_2017-07-18-11-57-40-1.pngImage Enlarger

http://www.newsweek.com/colora.....7126?amp=1

Whoop Whoop Guest :

Old Mr Dangerous
July 18, 2017
4:34 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

krunkazphuk said

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, weed sells itself & doesn't need you defending it constantly like a PTSD pimp. Not trying anything, just posting what the owners of Colorado are likely discussing right now. I spent my formative years working in a pharmacy in the 9th ring of tourist hell (urban Central Florida/Disney) and know a thing or two about selling legal & illegal drugs to tourists. Whoop Guest til the buzz wears off, or throw more $ at your weed altar, I give no fux, but

Grossman.jpgImage Enlarger

cool  

Whenever weed is mentioned, YOU are the one getting all itchy, Krink. I simply join in to set you straight, or just annoy you. 

A nutless monkey could do my job? HA. Keep putting little emojis as your climax to help sell the idea that you are calm and collective and such. You are emotionally bursting at your seams, it is very obvious. I'm not gonna front, because I can relate to you there. I have emotional issues as well. Maybe not issues, as I consider my rage against confused people like you as a healthy defense. It's okay to let go once in a while. 

I'm just hating because I can't do the passive agrrssive hating as well as you. You're quite professional. My reactions tend to be violent in a physical or at least verbally damaging way. So you will likely reign supreme in this internet war of words. Plus my brain moves faster than I can type. So, congratulations. You win at typing. As at human being, you never had a chance.

Ten million scoops of whoop to you, Krunk! Fuck Guest... he's just a damn libtard anyway. No whoops for you today, Guest! 

Lol I'm getting better that thus internet sarcasm. Under your tutelage, Krunt, perhaps I can be something more.

rasta_gif+hammerbatmancheersshotskilljoyf-u = cool

July 18, 2017
4:37 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Guest said
Screenshot_2017-07-17-20-46-20-1-1.pngImage Enlarger

http://fox6now.com/2017/07/16/.....evada/  

Yeah just from talking to Nevada folks and seeing Weedmaps reviews, I am pissed at how they're treating their Medical patients that kept them afloat these past couple years. It's wrong, no way you slice it. They need their own entrance or buildings, and the same prices as before. Which were already high for medical, I thought. After buying legal medical there for two years.

July 18, 2017
5:06 pm
dood
Members
Forum Posts: 335

When I lived in Vermont this past year I finally got to see a weed store. Then I went to Maine and got to go inside a weed store! I came back to NC at a time where they are apparently trying to legalize medicinal. Tho, I probably wont be here to see it.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
73 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845