April 25, 2024
105 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
wowzers won the gathering
July 28, 2015
10:11 am
sewerside
sewerside
south florida
Members
Forum Posts: 156
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

i met rachel for the first time this year - she was really cool.  super nice. 

Novocaine, That Aussie Asshole said
did anyone catch the psyhers on video?

the auditions were all filmed, and i got my audition recorded on my phone but that's about it.  the actual psypher video was recorded from like 3 to 4 different angles, and they recorded it twice.  thank god they did cuz i BOMBED my second take. killed the first one tho (imo fu_gif)

Sean Law said
I'm still trying to collab with her

i'ma look into that too.  i didnt even know she rapped, but when she did her audition i was pretty fuckin impressed. i was kinda like 'what can't this girl do?' 

and now i'm gonna be performin at Juggalo Day WHUT

Official Sewerside Website * Sewerside on Facebook

July 28, 2015
10:14 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

you won the psypher, too, sewerside? 

fuck...  i really shoulda gone to the auditions.  i feel like a dip for skipping it. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 28, 2015
10:20 am
sewerside
sewerside
south florida
Members
Forum Posts: 156

scruffy said

fuck...  i really shoulda gone to the auditions.  i feel like a dip for skipping it. 

i was gonna skip it. i showed up the first day, and wasn't really feeling it. i was gonna do the costume contest on friday - brought my bad ass ace ventura costume and a shit ton of hair gel.  but then i wasn't feeling that. so since i was camped like 40 feet from the funhouse, i figured, fuck it i'll just go to the audition and spit a pre-written 16 IF it wasn't too much of a hassle.  well i got there basically on time, filled out a ticket, stood in line inside the tent (in the shade), and was onstage and done within like 45 minutes.  it went really smoothly, i was impressed with that.  then i fuckin saw my name written on the list at the info tent and had to damn near change my drawers

and now i'm gonna be performin at Juggalo Day WHUT

Official Sewerside Website * Sewerside on Facebook

July 28, 2015
7:48 pm
Novocaine, The Blue Collar King
Members
Forum Posts: 3773

scruffy said

your a dip scruffy. there feel better?

July 28, 2015
8:26 pm
sketchez
Members
Forum Posts: 1251

wow a chick ..we need to collab

July 28, 2015
8:53 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

My gut reaction to seeing the word "feminist" is hostility because of the Anita Sarkeesians of the world. That article seems to be great though. I don't remember where I heard it but there's a quote along the lines of "there's only two types of feminists. Pro-sex feminists and anti-sex feminists". Wowzers seems to be the former and she seems to be doing good work so I'm all for it. As long as there's no slut shaming shit getting involved, Lette's Respect is a solid idea. 

As far as she goes, I only had one encounter with her and she was great. You can tell she's actually passionate about what she makes (at least as far as her paintings go).

July 29, 2015
12:13 am
DrFreshness
DrFreshness
Members
Forum Posts: 596

I can't say enough how cool it is to me that someone could turn Miss Juggalette from some sleazy Ron Jeremy hosted shit into what it was this year.  And, it's equally cool that a change like that is something that people allow to happen.  Most impressive thing I saw at my first Gathering, by far.

ma I ohw tnia I nmaddog
map deman sehctib taf gib nikcuf syawla m'I
July 29, 2015
12:30 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

the_almighty_smack said
feminists are horrible horrible people mein

I can't believe Vice a company from the greatest city in the world went to the gathering and did an article about feminism??

they are loosing their shit

I'm used to your shit talking on twiztid but you're way out of line here. Our scene has a real problem with objectification and Rachael is murdering on the front of creating a space that values women as people and not just bodies. It's commendable. 

July 29, 2015
12:37 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members

This is my congrats post to Rachel. I have never been happier losing an art contest than to lose it to you. You're top notch. I hope you read this and know that you're an inspiration as an artist, a juggalo, and an activist. 

July 29, 2015
12:48 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

She's also apprenticing to be a tattoo artist, which I'm sure she will excel at.

July 29, 2015
1:27 am
Members

Pigg said
She's also apprenticing to be a tattoo artist, which I'm sure she will excel at.

that is cool as hell. more power to her.

no wonder she's never around on the forum hahaha

August 17, 2015
5:38 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

scruffy said 
on a related note... 
after eight years of promising to do so, i finally purchased an original painting from her.  not one of the little ones, either. 
this may not mean as much to yall as it does to me, but im geeked as fuck to have it. 
tryin to figure out how to take a nice picture of it, to show it off here.   

know its been a while, but i meant to post this, so i figured id just bump the thread. 

rachelspaintingfirst6.gifImage Enlarger

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

August 17, 2015
9:36 pm
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104

I got an original piece of art that fell apart because some asshole just threw a bunch of styrofoam and bubble wrap on top of it, then they went super fucking crazy with the tape, then they spelled my name 'Lucem Fare'. If it hadn't fallen apart I'd hang it on my wall but now I don't know where to put it... I still think it's pretty awesome none the less, just saying, you packed it like an asshole.

August 17, 2015
9:49 pm
Members

King Lucem Ferre said
I got an original piece of art that fell apart because some asshole just threw a bunch of styrofoam and bubble wrap on top of it, then they went super fucking crazy with the tape, then they spelled my name 'Lucem Fare'. If it hadn't fallen apart I'd hang it on my wall but now I don't know where to put it... I still think it's pretty awesome none the less, just saying, you packed it like an asshole.

get it reframed?

or is teh actual canvas fucked. assuming it is canvas of course.

reframing is pretty simple. shouldnt cost you more then 10 or 15 bucks (probably less cos shit is cheap in the states)

August 17, 2015
9:52 pm
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members

It's not a painting, it's like, a sculpture sort of. You'll see it eventually.

August 17, 2015
10:55 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members

King Lucem Ferre said

I'm so sorry it fell apart. I tried to stuff the box with enough stuff that it would be okay and told the post office it was fragile. 

Send me pictures of what it fell off / apart and I'll see if I can make you a 2d piece that'll be easier to ship.

Sorry about misspelling your name, I'm dyslexic so sometimes I fuck up. I feel horrible.

August 17, 2015
10:57 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members

Novocaine, That Aussie Asshole said

King Lucem Ferre said

get it reframed?

or is teh actual canvas fucked. assuming it is canvas of course.

reframing is pretty simple. shouldnt cost you more then 10 or 15 bucks (probably less cos shit is cheap in the states)

Nah, it's not in a frame. It's 3d and there's a back portion. 

August 19, 2015
12:36 am
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members

No it's fine, but all the computer chips shit fell, everything except the rib cage came off so I can't hang it up and I have no where to put it. It's chilling in the middle of the floor next to this god damned studio mixer.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
100 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845