March 29, 2024
75 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS Microphone
JiffyLong Presents- Backwoods [Single] 2017
November 27, 2017
6:37 am
JiffyLong
JiffyLong
Members
Forum Posts: 2155
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Get this exclusive deal for Cyber Monday that's not really exclusive as my other songs are free as well! As part of this deal, I will let you boost my already ridiculously high level of arrogance by allowing you comment on this thread. 

https://soundcloud.com/jiffylong/backwoods

Whoop Whoop JiffyLong :

PsychodeliK, Psyral, Chuckieboy, Sean Law

"Your girl fucked me 'cause you cummin' quicker than FedEx Air"- Sean Law

November 27, 2017
10:45 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8163

Mug this, motherfucker:

hot-alien.gif

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

November 27, 2017
2:32 pm
PsychodeliK
PsychodeliK
Members
Forum Posts: 94

Dope I like the chorus a lot! The beat was nice I like the vibe

February 7, 2018
9:41 pm
Karacalla
Members
Forum Posts: 1561

From an unbiased persons perspective...

1. You sound like Ninja from Die Antwoord. If that's the style you are going for, cool, if not, try not forcing so many words in to a bar. Stretch them out to ride the beat so you don't sound so Mono tone homie. You have good word play with the lyrics but, if you sound like one continuous drone no one will make an effort to listen and discover that. A lot of rappers get this same hang up and overcome it by rapping over a familiar instrumental. They do this because they know the pattern of the original lyrics, so when they write their own to it, it forces the new lyrics being put down to open up and have more kick behind them.

2. Don't know if you made that beat but if you did you should consider looking in to elevating your production value. It sounded totally generic and really lackluster. The exception would be the added instrumentation in the chorus. Try adding bridges, breakdowns and switch-ups to keep peoples interest going. Producers are a dime-a-dozen on the internet, a little networking and I'm sure some one could help you on your beat making or give you some really creative beats my dude.

3. Your vocals are way to low in comparison to the instrumental. This could be due to a very cheap mic or the lack of knowledge in the realm of proper mixing. Filters can only due so much.

Not hating on you or your art just giving a honest critique as a first time listener of your music. Like everything, time and practice will have you where you want to be. I used to get pissed at peeps when they told me this kind of stuff about my music but, looking back, they were the things I needed to hear for me to improve. I put my ego aside and became a sponge. Knowledge has no limits man.

IMG_20180711_234840.jpg

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
83 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

sunny992, levishang, loppoxz, morbidmikey, Promotionalows

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845